Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E13: Week 11: Finale Part 2

• Start Topic

Tyler you deserve better than being second choice (third really, she was really holding out for Luke) to a woman who has the observational skills of Elmer Fudd and likes watching people be in pain! It’s not surprising, they’ve been pretty flirty online, but ugggggg.

• Love 5

I think Peter will be the Bachelor. He got more of the Bachelor edit. But Tyler is so popular, he has to do something. Something more than "dating" Hannah.

I would forgive Jed for having a past. But his past was being a fuckboy douchebag and he didn't get much better after he got home. Hannah might not be a prize, but she made the right move. She was too young for this show. She needs to just live her life and fuck more hot dudes.

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

She would have stayed with Jed if this ex thing didn’t exist. She didn’t just change her mind. Tyler is too good to be sloppy seconds. 

"Sloppy seconds" is the person that has been "passed around"  Hannah would be Jed's "sloppy seconds"  But everyone is someone "sloppy seconds" unless you marry the first person you got out with.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

"Sloppy seconds" is the person that has been "passed around"  Hannah would be Jed's "sloppy seconds"  But everyone is someone "sloppy seconds" unless you marry the first person you got out with.

Tyler is getting Jed’s sloppy seconds.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Why would he give up a chance to be the lead!?   Maybe DWTS has been promised!?

Oh well, see everyone next week for Blake's meltdown on a Mexican beach.   Should be fun!

Oh man. Now I seriously have my hopes up that Tyler will be on DWTS in the fall. He did almost minor in dance in college after all! 😉

I’ll even put up with him (fake?) dating Hannah during the show because you know he will cruise to the Final 3 so he’ll be on our screens for a long, absolutely glorious time. *fingers crossed*

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

So it was either a pre planned thing and they’ve been talking. Or Tyler is still just being a gentleman. 

But Peter definitely got the Bachelor edit.  

If Tyler really walks away from the Bachelor gig and wasn't just being polite tonight (though to be fair, I've been saying all season that I never got the sense he was that gung ho for the Bachelor gig, even putting the Hannah factor aside) I see a huge push coming for Mike. Assuming he doesn't make people hate him on BiP, I think he could still get it. Peter is popular yes but there are many who still don't fully buy his story about the ex. 

• Love 2
(edited)

How are they going to gloss over that Peter pulled something similar to Jed. Not as egregious but still. 

I’ve never hate watched a season so hard. My only hope was for Tyler to be named Bachelor so fingers crossed this whole thing with Hannah was just staged to make the audience feel like there was a somewhat happy ending.. because practically everyone loves Tyler.  Hopefully in a few weeks they’ll announce Tyler as the Bachelor and Hannah publicly signs off on it giving him her “best wishes”.

Edited by GracieK
  • Love 10

Tyler couldn’t look less interested in her if he tried , even during the proposal scene . He didn’t look hurt , sad , annoyed . He looked relieved and like he couldn’t wait to get out of there and finally go home . I’ve never seen less of a reaction from a runner up in all the seasons I’ve watched. I never felt like he was into her , he was just playing the game and sticking with the bachelor script in order to continue vacationing and get as far as he did for publicity . He looked like he had no idea what to say during their onstage reunion but I think it’s safe to say he’s not getting back together with her . Peter did get more of the bachelor edit with Harrison but I don’t understand how they can choose anyone besides Tyler at this point based on fan reactions 

• Love 11

The producers totally screwed Hannah over.  They manipulated every single tear jerking, ahole Luke, televised breakup moment. She is a smart girl, funny and an open book.  She deserved better from them.

• Love 17

Well, I'm going to do a little Hannah tantrum--I don't want to wait!  I want him as the Bachelor now!  (narrows eyebrows, gives hateful look and runs from the room.)

• LOL 11
  • Love 7
(edited)

Well Luke certainly did not turn out to be the villain of the season. Hannah seems even more hypocritical after blowing up at Luke about no one having the right to tell her what to do with her body. She feels the feels, even about the things that Jed did before they were engaged. But of course Jed is the unparalleled worst. I hope this cost Jed his “career,” any love  life, his family’s respect and so on.

Hey boy, hey Tyler! Time to ride off into the sunset (on your boat, not a horse). Better things await.

Edited by Arkay
P.S.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

I don't think Tyler was ever considered for bachelor.  TPTB like puppets they can control i.e. Pete, Hannah.  They thought colton but he ended the show and jumped a fence on them.  I'm not sure Tyler can be controlled.  He seems like he would go rogue. Peter or Mike would follow the rules.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, dirtypop90 said:

Am I the only person who learned about this from Danny Zuko?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Didn't CH say that Tyler was going to have to leave the ATFR to go over to Jimmy Kimmel?  I watched and Hannah was on Kimmel, not Tyler.

Did you catch Kathy griffin saying she met a guy named Tyler at the bar during her segment? Maybe Tyler was there in the back. I can’t imagine he’s going to actually do interviews with her when they’re not together or so we think. tyler seems like the kind of guy that would be a supportive friend if nothing else, as homegirl is going to have a tough media run.

• Love 1

If Tyler is not fake and not a liar, it makes sense. He did tell Hannah and her family that he is in love with her. That he wants her to be his wife, the mother of his children. He looked sincere when he was about to propose. I think he is really happy to be with Hannah again. I hope it works out for the two of them. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Ladygold9 said:

Help!  I missed the beginning!  Why did Hannah fall on the ground???

She stopped the car on the way to the engagement point. She had a freakout moment and said to stop the car. She got out and was walking. She slipped on an invisible banana peel and fell and scraped her elbow. Then she just sat there like a sad sack for a long time. I guess they closed the roads because no cars drove by and stared at her just sitting in the middle of the road. The producer with the blurred out face looked cuter than Jed.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

Wow, I have a lot more respect for Hannah now.  She handled her interrogation of Jed beautifully.  Jed's comeuppance should be a warning to all future contestants-- do not come on this show if you have a girlfriend back home.  Thought that also when the producers and Rachel L blasted Dimario... 

Laughed when Tyler modeled his suit on proposal day, catalogue-style.

CH's dye job was ridiculous.  That soft brown color is so fake on him.  Men-- do not color your hair!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

But everyone is someone "sloppy seconds" unless you marry the first person you got out with.

Uhhhh...in my day, actual penetration sex had to be involved to be considered sloppy seconds.   I assume the sentence above is supposed to say "the first person you go out with." 

(Originally it was slang for the second  "recent penetration" ...for obvious "sloppy" reasons)

• Love 3
7 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Tyler you deserve better than being second choice (third really, she was really holding out for Luke) to a woman who has the observational skills of Elmer Fudd and likes watching people be in pain! It’s not surprising, they’ve been pretty flirty online, but ugggggg.

At least with Mesnick and Arie, they realized they had made the wrong choice and corrected their mistake, even though they both did it in a dick way.    Hannah just moved on when choice one, Luke, didn’t work out and then choice two publicly humiliated her.  She didn’t have a sudden epiphany that she should have chosen Tyler.    I have to believe that after watching the season, Tyler is just being a gentleman and giving her a way to save face.  

7 hours ago, nutty1 said:

So it was either a pre planned thing and they’ve been talking. Or Tyler is still just being a gentleman. 

But Peter definitely got the Bachelor edit.  

I choose door number two.  

6 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Didn't CH say that Tyler was going to have to leave the ATFR to go over to Jimmy Kimmel?  I watched and Hannah was on Kimmel, not Tyler.

They aren’t officially a couple.     I wonder what the magazine stories will be like?   

• Love 5

And I don't think there's any way Tyler is the Bachelor.

In fact, I wonder... did they talk to Tyler about maybe being The Bachelor and he said “I’m still into Hannah” because he would have seen all the Hayley stuff by then...

9 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

Totally agree that he’s just being polite.  She’s not ready for another relationship yet.  Everything about choosing Jed over Tyler should have caused her to question her judgment.

Has she ever been ready for a relationship?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

At least with Mesnick and Arie, they realized they had made the wrong choice and corrected their mistake, even though they both did it in a dick way.    Hannah just moved on when choice one, Luke, didn’t work out and then choice two publicly humiliated her.  She didn’t have a sudden epiphany that she should have chosen Tyler.    I have to believe that after watching the season, Tyler is just being a gentleman and giving her a way to save face.  

YES!!! THIS! 10000%!!!!

• Love 3

I don't think Tyler looked like he wanted to get back together with Hannah. He kept talking about things in the past. He was quite stoic at ATFR. He is her biggest fan, but that doesn't mean he wants to date her. I think that ship has sailed for Hannah B.

I really don't want Tyler to be the Bachelor. All the bimbos they would get to fawn all over him. It would be so over the top.  He seems like such a great guy. He will find a lovely girl somewhere.

I like Mike for Bachelor. He'd be a great pick. 

• Love 4

She's too young, she's too young, she's too young, she's too young.  I'm not blaming her for ANYTHING.  I wouldn't want my 24 year old mistakes televised.  Pick older people for Bachelorette, this is so tiring.

Edited because it also makes me sick that Chris and his producer people obviously all take so much glee in people like Hannah being hurt for their ratings.  I think the whole thing is sick.

Ms Blue Jay, I agree 100%.

This is what 24 years old looks like in today's society. (Well, to be fair, I can only speak about middle-to-upper-middle class, mainly-though-not-necessarily college-educated America.)

This is why the Bachelor franchise targets 24-25 year olds (give or take a year) as its ideal contestants--they're fairly easy to manipulate/exploit, and their powers of discernment are still developing, so they are more likely to make bad choices or not see red flags.  

Don't scientists say the brain does not even reach full development until about age 25, give or take a year?

TB picks noticeably fewer contestants 28-29 and older, from what I've seen.  No surprise there. They know that it's going to be harder to manipulate older contestants to get the drama they want. 

I'm sure there are plenty of posters here who would argue "wait, I'm 24/25 and I'm very discerning, I would not have made those mistakes, etc."  But I think, personally, you guys are more the exception to the rule in today's society.  :-)  Just my opinion. 

Also, there were moments this season where I felt that the franchise was bordering on UnReal territory (the TV show) in its exploitation of Luke. I think most folks will disagree with me, but that's just how I felt.

• Love 15

When it comes to reconciling in the future, both Cameron and Brown are on the same page — to take it day by day.

Says Cameron: “I cherish Hannah and value her and our friendship so much, but I don’t think it’s healthy for us to jump into anything right away. I think we need to be friends and see where life takes us. Whatever happens, happens.”

Says Brown: “Tyler will always have a place in my heart no matter what our relationship looks like. The feelings I developed for him were real and they don’t shut off instantly. And it’s hard to say [yet] what the future holds with him, or anyone else.”

The above is from People Magazine.  Doesn't sound like he's in a hurry to rekindle things.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Tyler's had time away from the bubble and been reminded what a really beautiful girl looks like and realized  that "challenging" and "domineering" aren't the same thing. 

Hannah clearly thought that with the slightest hint he would jump right back into her arms, since, in her mind, she was still the  greatest  catch in the whole world, but she was wrong.  I noticed he was trying hard to stay the gentleman he always is but it was getting difficult so he ended up repeating, "She's the strongest, most powerful woman" over and over, which is what she had just said about herself, like she  had survived being lost in the dessert for three weeks. 

I thought the kiss of death for Hannah was, Tyler's,"Sure I'd like to have a drink with you and catch up."  That's what you say to old high school friends you run into.

I think the only reason they didn't announce him as bachelor is that they're giving the Tyler/Hannah shippers a few weeks to calm down and then they can announce him without it making him seem too fickle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
(edited)

Tyler sounds like he's got marbles in his mouth when he speaks, I can't get past it.

Jed telling people at home he "won" instead of being engaged seemed exactly right. He's like almost every struggling musician in their mid-twenties I used to know way back in the day. 

Peter looks so much like Ben H, it kind of creeps me out. 

I cant figure out why she picked Jed over Tyler, but Tyler is much better off this way.

Edited by sistersledge
  • Love 12
35 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

The above is from People Magazine.  Doesn't sound like he's in a hurry to rekindle things.

Makes me think that was all pre planned bullshit to not end the season on a sour note. Maybe they promised him the lead. I can only hope!

• Love 7

Anyone else immediately think "Oh my God, she's pregnant!" when she said she was feeling sick and had to step outside?  I almost wish she was - there could be a whole spin-off: Fantasy Suite Who's Your Daddy?

• LOL 22
  • Love 2

I've only watched now. That ship has sailed, Hannah. Tyler was not eager to rekindle anything, he was just being polite. His jokes about CH paying for their date and catching up... Sure, why not. 

That's a polite "thanks, but no, thanks". 

It was hard to watch, I felt for Hannah. You ain't that special snowflake everybody tells you are... She started to believe it. That "bold move" of hers of asking him out was.. cringe-worthy

• Love 9

I don't  see it. She seems needy, flighty, not very bright, and easily distracted. 

Yes!!  Not to mention her horrendous judgement skills and failure to listen to anyone with a different opinion than her own.  That would get real old in a relationship.  People warned her about Luke P.  Jed's parents warned her about Jed.  Her OWN family warned her about Jed.  Instead of listening to anyone, she got indignant.

Tyler did say that he watched the season with his friends and family so hopefully now that he saw the good, the bad and the ugly side of Hannah, he knows that he dodged a huge bullet with her.   He has to have more self-esteem than to settle for being someone's third choice, right?  

• Love 19

If Wells can get Sarah Hyland, imagine who Tyler may be able to land (not dissing Wells & Sarah, they’re a pretty cute couple).  

He’s got to be agreeing to do this ‘date’ with her for even more of an image boost and possibly DWTS.  You know ABC is watching his Instagram following and trying to figure out where to plug him in.  He’s golden, and doesn’t need the Bachelor at this point.  

• Love 12