Type keyword(s) to search

RHoP In The Media: What's Going Down in the DMV

• Start Topic

On 2/22/2021 at 11:34 AM, Rlb8031 said:

The new "friend" on RHOA, LaToya is a successful influencer on YouTube. From what I can tell, in order to get that title, you have to do something that is significant to a demographic other than the one that I'm in, because I have no idea who this chick is or what she could be talking about that she'd be considered expert enough for others to pay attention to her. Point is- there are a LOT of people who have the title of YouTube personalities that bring a lot less to the table than Monique. Whether we agree or not, her exposure on RHoP has already given her a built in audience and she's got the money to buy followers if she doesn't get them organically. My guess is that she'll be just fine

Monique has 28.000 subscribers but nobody cares about her videos unless she's on a panel discussion with other YouTubers (with their own built-in fanbases) or if she's talking about her former castmates and their men.  That's why she's doing the Binder Time series and that's why she will be providing negative commentary on RHOP's upcoming season because nobody cares what she has to say otherwise. She better snatch Chris' debit card and get to buying some bots.

• Love 7
On 3/15/2021 at 3:26 PM, bosawks said:

Soooo, infidelity scandal coming in 3-2-1.........

There might be one coming, but not with the Darbys.

It's rumored that Eddie cheated on Wendy with a co-worker at the law firm.

Might have knocked het up.

41 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

There might be one coming, but not with the Darbys.

It's rumored that Eddie cheated on Wendy with a co-worker at the law firm.

Might have knocked het up.

That is a shame.

I think some of the HW's with shaky marriages think this show will make things better, more exciting, deter the husband's bad behavior by having a camera around will keep him from straying, keep him honest because the eyes are on him and now everyone knows who he is.

But we know it does not work like that.

Also, Wendy does not live anywhere near Potomac, she lives closer to my zip code, should I try and stalk them? Is it worth it? No, it's not.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That is a shame.

I think some of the HW's with shaky marriages think this show will make things better, more exciting, deter the husband's bad behavior by having a camera around will keep him from straying, keep him honest because the eyes are on him and now everyone knows who he is.

But we know it does not work like that.

Also, Wendy does not live anywhere near Potomac, she lives closer to my zip code, should I try and stalk them? Is it worth it? No, it's not.  

Nope, not worth it.

On paper, Wendy was black girl magic... in reality, she ain’t even a puff of smoke.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I'm sure Karen will treat Wendy with all due dignity and respect during this difficult time.

I'm also sure that she ran out and bought a binder as soon as she found out...........

• LOL 6
On 5/10/2021 at 12:04 PM, qtpye said:

Nope, not worth it.

On paper, Wendy was black girl magic... in reality, she ain’t even a puff of smoke.

Well damn, don't hold back Sis. 

Word is the woman Eddie cheated with is Caucasian. 

25 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Well damn, don't hold back Sis. 

Word is the woman Eddie cheated with is Caucasian. 

Honestly, I liked Wendy even though she mentioned her degrees a bit too much. I have a lot of respect for Johns Hopkins. 

The thing that got me bent out of shape was that she supposedly stole from a charity. She did serve on a board with Karen but supposedly they barely saw each other. So, last season when Karen was made to look petty because she did not remember Wendy, it was probably the truth.

I do not think Wendy has denied anything yet but I am willing to hear her side of the story before I pass judgement.

It is a shame about Eddie if this rumor is true...I liked him as well.

• Love 4

Damn outside of the strawberry kale salad which didn't sound appetizing at all, that wedding menu had me whimpering!

Bravo recently had a pic of Wendy with a short bob and I have to say she looked good....she's usually harsh looking but this bob (and whatever else she facially had done) brings her out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

Ya'll....this looks so good, particularly compared to boring-ass Atlanta.

Robyn's got braids!!!

Ashley is looking just like her mama. I remember how hard it was having 2 babies. The only thing is that I hope Ashley does not use it as an excuse to throw grenades and then cry that she is a "mother" when people start coming for her. Also, did not need to see that poor baby poop on screen.

No Darby gay sex scandal this year....thank God!

Robyn is building a house? I hope it is not another Chateau Sheree.

I did not see the facelift that everyone is claiming Wendy got. To me, it just seems like she has better makeup and I am happy she no longer has a million bundles in her hair.

Does the new girl have some scars on her face? Her childhood seems to beat out Ashley for her most hard-luck upbringing. It even seems like she married a man who is older than Michael.

Bravo does Potomac wrong. The promo pic for this season is the same one from last season with the new girl digitally added.

• Love 6
(edited)

Saw the new promo and the most interesting part was Wendy calling out seeing Gizelle for exactly who everyone said she was. Oh Wendy honey, those 4 degrees didn't help clue you in to Gizelle being a petty, spiteful woman who hates other women and more importantly will tap dance for her Bravo check like nobody's business?

Gizelle is the Lisa Rinna of this franchise - the producer's puppet. The one who will happily instigate shit to keep things interesting and keep the check coming, whether it hurts someone else or not. Not to mention that as I've said before, the other benefit to her being the instigator is that while she's instigating, attention isn't being paid to her shit. 

And fyi, the only thing that would have made the clip a total win is if Wendy had quoted the great Alyssa Edwards and instead said to the Gizelle, "you're that girl I knew you were".

17 hours ago, qtpye said:

I did not see the facelift that everyone is claiming Wendy got.

Me either. Wendy didn't look particularly different to me. The only person whose obvious "work" was distracting me was the new cast member. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7

Ashley shouldn't be a housewife...downgrade her to friend status.

Nice to see Karen and Gizelle carry on their frienimie vibe..and I hope Gizelle is a good friend to Robyn.

And Robyn continues the tradition of a new hair style per season.

Gizelle is the Tamra of Potomac.

And I think the trailer is trying to establish Potomac like a Desperate housewives Wisteria Lane?

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Oh Wendy honey, those 4 degrees didn't clue you in to Gizelle being a petty, spiteful woman who hates other woman and more importantly will tap dance for her Bravo check like nobody business?

Having 4 degrees isn't a guarantee you are the sharpest tool in the shed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

I completely forgot about Candice until I saw her.

Wendy doesn't look that different to me. Seems she lost weight, some of it in her face so it looks less full.

Edited by NotChristine
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, bosawks said:

Wow, Ray must really want that divorce if he's pulling out the vow renewal card....

Oops, double post where I even managed to quote myself….

Edited by bosawks
  • LOL 3
18 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Having 4 degrees isn't a guarantee you are the sharpest tool in the shed.

I know several people with PhDs who are basically idiots, they may be “book” smart but are incapable of navigating the real world in general, especially reading a room and learning how to tailor your conversation or shade for your audience. I also know someone with an 8th grade education who is worth over $50M. 

Wendy and Jackie are prime examples of assuming your smarts and education are not enough to make you navigate the world at large.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Alright, stop being dress teases and show us the photos.....or at least tell us where they can be found, lol,

I saw it on a video from Sharrell's World. She posted a group picture.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
On 5/11/2021 at 2:06 PM, qtpye said:

Honestly, I liked Wendy even though she mentioned her degrees a bit too much. I have a lot of respect for Johns Hopkins. 

The thing that got me bent out of shape was that she supposedly stole from a charity. She did serve on a board with Karen but supposedly they barely saw each other. So, last season when Karen was made to look petty because she did not remember Wendy, it was probably the truth.

I do not think Wendy has denied anything yet but I am willing to hear her side of the story before I pass judgement.

It is a shame about Eddie if this rumor is true...I liked him as well.

I like Wendy too.  She was able to laugh at herself and that's always a good trait.  

I hope that if Eddie cheated it doesn't turn into low key shaming Wendy for it.  

Someone cheated on Halle fucking Berry.  So it has nothing to do with being good enough. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Doesn't Karen realize vow renewals are the kiss of death for marriages on these shows? 

Maybe that’s what she’s hoping for given the state of their marriage last season. She seemed miserable.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

From the article

She is also labeled angrier and messier than the other ladies, who she feels benefit from light-skinned privilege—especially her on-screen nemesis, Ashley “the-only-thing-messier-than-two-boys-is-me” Darby, who Bassett simply refers to as “that thing.

I dunno, Candiace, maybe you thinking it's fine to refer to a castmate as a thing is part of the reason people hate you...

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

She's such a stupid cow. No, Candace, we hate you because you are rude as fuck and word vomit truly vile things on your castmates and you're an asshole, insecure, silly bitch who spells her name wrong.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

From the article

I dunno, Candiace, maybe you thinking it's fine to refer to a castmate as a thing is part of the reason people hate you...

tenor.gif

Only Candiace would think it's okay to call another black woman "that thing" in the same breath as claiming to be a victim of colorism. Has she experienced it? Probably. But not that we've seen from the ladies on this show. (She needs to pop over to Basketball Wives to see what that actually looks like.) Candiace has always been delusional, fake, and insensitive. That's why folks don't like her. 

3 hours ago, politichick said:

silly bitch who spells her name wrong.

That's not her fault. I actually blame her equally loathsome mother for that.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Someone needs to tell her we consider light-skinned Gizelle to be the Queen of Messiness on this show.

Yeah Candiace is just an asshole and doesn’t even deserve a title! 

• Love 3

I don’t really hate Candiace. I’m not a fan but there’s bigger jerks on the show. Ashley is gross with her enabling her predatory husbands ways. Her marriage is her own thing but Michael is disgusting and her having 2 children with him is selfish and gross and I feel bad for their kids.

I am excited tho this show is back. Love RHOP.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

If I were Candiace I wouldn't like Ashley either. Ashley was really mean to Candiace in her own home. Also C's really only friend on the show turned on her for Ashley. So I would hate Ash too. Candiace's mom doesn't make things easier. I don't hate Candiace at all.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

My favorite franchise is back. 

Counting down for the premiere tonight...  🍿🍷

So true!  This franchise is so underrated. It has got to be better than the snooze fest of "Who slept with Bolo" that made up the whole season of Atlanta.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 10
On 7/11/2021 at 2:31 PM, qtpye said:

So true!  This franchise is so underrated. It has got to be better than the snooze fest of "Who slept with Bolo" that made up the whole season of Atlanta.

I want to watch, but I just can't with Candiace. She's that bad for me.

I'd take Monique anyday over her.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4

I've started listening to Robyn and Gizelle's podcast when I take walks.  They can be really funny together.  And it struck me yesterday, that with all the joking about Robyn always being late or being lazy, she does all the ad voiceovers that are in the podcast not Gizelle.  It's weird because you get to listen to Robyn shill for Peacock, then AT&T and I think one other sponsor I can't remember right now, all in a row.

• Useful 4