Type keyword(s) to search

RHoP In The Media: What's Going Down in the DMV

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

We'll see if that pattern continues on Monique's new show on the OWN channel.

Wow, Monique got a show on Oprah’s channel?

Edited by qtpye
On 1/12/2022 at 12:27 PM, qtpye said:

Wow, Monique got a show on Oprah’s channel?

Allegedly, Monique will be starring on "Love & Marriage DMV", which would be a new franchise from the original "Love & Marriage Huntsville" show that is currently airing on OWN. The producer of the "Love & Marriage" series is Carlos King, formerly of Real Housewives of Atlanta.

{if Monique thinks Carlos King is going to let her play Perfect Patty on this new show, she's dumber than a bag of bricks}

There's a blind item that just floated up claiming production is trying to find a replacement housewife so they can fire Candiace because production/cast have concluded Candiace is just too difficult to work with and she's a violence liability.  They're just concluding that now, right before S7 is set to start filming?  More like the OGs are tired of the seasons revolving around Candiace...she gotta go.

• Love 3

so they can fire Candiace because production/cast have concluded Candiace is just too difficult to work with and she's a violence liability.  They're just concluding that now, right before S7 is set to start filming?

Better late than never.

• Love 4
On 2/15/2022 at 5:54 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Sharrell's World is reporting Candyass as OUT.

I think Sharrell's World was one of those YouTube blogs that was very anti-Candiace so I wouldn't take anything she had to say as the gospel.  IMO the new production planted the "Candiace is fired" stories to drum up interest in the new show ---I find it too coincidental that the "Candiace is fired" story came out and then a couple of days later Monique's new show is officially announced (while using the #RHOP hashtag and saying "she's back" and "get to know the REAL her." Oh, ok.

The "Candiace is Fired" makes no sense because filming for S7 hasn't started yet and Candiace hasn't been around the rest of the cast since S6 ended.  So how would the cast be seeing she is a physical liability when they haven't been around her?  

Now if the story had said "The cast wants Candiace gone because she sucks all the air out of the room," that would've been more believable.

One thing about this show is it has taught me to question all stories and narratives being pumped out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

If Katie really wants back on bravo and shop, posting on instagram about how she loves Monique might not be the best way to do it, UNLESS bravo has already given her a hard no and she's trying to get on love and marriage DC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Apparently Gizelle has said it isn’t true but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was and she just doesn’t want ppl to know her storyline yet. She loves dating shitty men too.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
1 minute ago, Marley said:

Apparently Gizelle has said it isn’t true but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was and she just doesn’t want ppl to know her storyline yet. She loves dating shitty men too.

Yeah, Giz's man picker is bad. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Soooo.  I keep seeing stories that Peter/Patricia, Cynthia Bailey's ex, has been spotted filming Potomoc scenes.  And that he's dating Giselle. 

NOOOO!

God Dammit woman...you can and should do better.

However, Peter got gorgeous Cynthia Bailey and dated Nia Long...so there must be something there that I definitely do not see.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, Giz's man picker is bad. 

Isn’t it?! And I can’t understand why either—she’s got such a funny and outgoing personality, seems fiercely independent, and is so gorgeous, so what’s the problem here? She and Atlanta’s Kendra Moore both seem to have that same issue…I guess they both are A LOT and suffer from “pretty girl syndrome” or something, I dunno…

• Love 4
13 hours ago, qtpye said:

NOOOO!

God Dammit woman...you can and should do better.

However, Peter got gorgeous Cynthia Bailey and dated Nia Long...so there must be something there that I definitely do not see.

Probably because it's been hidden by his pants.....

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 6/17/2022 at 9:41 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

Does anyone know where I can stream season 6? Peacock only has through 5.

I watch the Housewife shows on Hulu and the Bravo app, as well.

• Thanks 1
On 6/17/2022 at 9:41 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

Does anyone know where I can stream season 6? Peacock only has through 5.

SLC season 2 popped up this week, so I think Potomac may be available within the next month.

There's speculation that S7 premieres Oct 9th. Supposedly,

Spoiler

Charisse is back full-time.

• Useful 5
8 hours ago, NotChristine said:

SLC season 2 popped up this week, so I think Potomac may be available within the next month.

There's speculation that S7 premieres Oct 9th. Supposedly,

Reveal spoiler

Charisse is back full-time.

I hope that's not true.  I am down to Potomac and SLC, and that could bring me to 1.

• Love 2

This article is much longer. I just posted the first bit 

https://people.com/tv/real-housewives-of-potomac-robyn-dixon-juan-dixon-obtain-marriage-license/

'RHOP' 's Robyn and Juan Dixon Obtain Marriage License Nearly 3 Years After Second Engagement

The Real Housewives of Potomac couple, who were previously married from 2005 to 2012, got engaged in December 2019 and have until February to say "I do"

By   

Published on August 19, 2022 04:19 PM
  • Tweet
  • Pin
  • Email
Robyn Dixon, Juan Dixon
PHOTO: ROBYN DIXON/INSTAGRAM

Robyn Dixon and Juan Dixon appear to be officially heading down the aisle again!

The Real Housewives of Potomac star and the former NBA player, both 43, obtained a marriage license on Thursday afternoon, the Howard County Clerk's Office in Maryland confirmed to PEOPLE exclusively.

It's not known when the couple will be saying "I do." According to Clerk's Office policy, couples with a marriage license must wait at least two days after applying for the license to get married — meaning the Dixons' nuptials could be as soon as this Saturday.

That said, the certificate doesn't expire until February 2023, so they'll have some time should they be planning a fall or winter wedding.

PEOPLE reached out to representatives for the Dixons, who had no comment.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

This article is much longer. I just posted the first bit 

https://people.com/tv/real-housewives-of-potomac-robyn-dixon-juan-dixon-obtain-marriage-license/

'RHOP' 's Robyn and Juan Dixon Obtain Marriage License Nearly 3 Years After Second Engagement

The Real Housewives of Potomac couple, who were previously married from 2005 to 2012, got engaged in December 2019 and have until February to say "I do"

By   

Published on August 19, 2022 04:19 PM
  • Tweet
  • Pin
  • Email
Robyn Dixon, Juan Dixon
PHOTO: ROBYN DIXON/INSTAGRAM

Robyn Dixon and Juan Dixon appear to be officially heading down the aisle again!

The Real Housewives of Potomac star and the former NBA player, both 43, obtained a marriage license on Thursday afternoon, the Howard County Clerk's Office in Maryland confirmed to PEOPLE exclusively.

It's not known when the couple will be saying "I do." According to Clerk's Office policy, couples with a marriage license must wait at least two days after applying for the license to get married — meaning the Dixons' nuptials could be as soon as this Saturday.

That said, the certificate doesn't expire until February 2023, so they'll have some time should they be planning a fall or winter wedding.

PEOPLE reached out to representatives for the Dixons, who had no comment.

Somebody realizes their place on the show is in jeopardy....

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/23/2022 at 11:28 AM, qtpye said:

Somebody realizes their place on the show is in jeopardy....

I'd agree if they had gotten their license while the show was taping.  It makes no sense to get the marriage license AFTER filming for S7 wraps unless she was trying to stay on for S8.

Spoiler

I see Wendy and Candiace are responding to those (on Twitter) who are cheering on Mia for throwing a drink in Wendy's face.  As with S5, we don't know why the drink was thrown in Wendy's face.  I do wonder if Gizelle will tell Mia** (who has repeatedly touched Wendy after being asked not to, gotten into a lettuce fight with Candiace and now has thrown a drink* in Wendy's face) "hey, if somebody clocks ya, oh well."

*This is the same drink that spoiler people claimed Candiace threw in Mia's face and fans of the show wanted Candiace fired for being aggressive and violent YET AGAIN for another season and it turns out Candiace wasn't even in the state when the drink throw occurred.

**Of course not, Gizelle probably cheered Mia on for throwing the drink in Wendy's face.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I'd agree if they had gotten their license while the show was taping.  It makes no sense to get the marriage license AFTER filming for S7 wraps unless she was trying to stay on for S8.

Hide contents

I see Wendy and Candiace are responding to those (on Twitter) who are cheering on Mia for throwing a drink in Wendy's face.  As with S5, we don't know why the drink was thrown in Wendy's face.  I do wonder if Gizelle will tell Mia** (who has repeatedly touched Wendy after being asked not to, gotten into a lettuce fight with Candiace and now has thrown a drink* in Wendy's face) "hey, if somebody clocks ya, oh well."

*This is the same drink that spoiler people claimed Candiace threw in Mia's face and fans of the show wanted Candiace fired for being aggressive and violent YET AGAIN for another season and it turns out Candiace wasn't even in the state when the drink throw occurred.

**Of course not, Gizelle probably cheered Mia on for throwing the drink in Wendy's face.

That's DOCTOR Wendy, please.

• LOL 10
On 9/10/2022 at 8:53 PM, Maybeitsme said:

I am looking forward to this! It's the only HW show I  can stomach 

I’ve stopped watching all the others (might give SLC a watch when it comes back) but I can’t quit Potomac. It’s genuinely fun which is rare these days along the franchise. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I'm watching the reruns this morning from last season.  It sure seems like Candiace didn't learn ONE DANG THING after the whole Monique dust-up.

No, she constantly tries to get a physical fight going but runs crying to mommy when one happens.

• Love 5

I've been giving this show way more thought than I should as I ponder why it isn't as popular as I believe it should be. Potomac, despite its charming, charismatic, catty cast has never had a "moment." I know some people believe Monique vs. Candiace was that moment .... but I disagree.

I guess that translates to boring in TV Land.

- RHONY: Scary Island. Anyone who has watched those eps remember them. A decade later and they still inspire awe and anxiety in me. Another iconic moment from the same season - Ramona bringing Bethenny to tears as they traversed the Brooklyn Bridge. R.I.P. to this once great franchise. When it was really hitting, there was no better show, IMO.

- RHOBH: "You stole my goddamn house!"; "You're such a fucking liar, Camille!";  "...the morally bankrupt Faye Resnick."; And the REAL Alison Dubois sauntering through with her e-cigarette and her psychic READ of Kyle "He will never emotionally fulfill you ... ever." That woman has made me see Medium in a completely different light. Got me over here side-eyeing Patricia Arquette and shit.

- RHONJ: Theresa flipping that table and screaming "prostitution whore!" put Jersey on the map. That scene got play everywhere.

- RHOA: So many damn moments - Nene and Sheree shifting Kim's wig; "Who Gon Check Me Boo?"; "Ooh, chile, the ghetto!" In its early days, especially, this franchise had the most memorable stingers and memes.

- RHOC: I've only seen a handful of eps from this show, but even I know that "naked wasted" was a thing.

For the longest time I thought someone would throw out a catchphrase viewers would run with (I always thought it'd be Karen) but as we dive into Season 7, it seems as if Potomac will continue its slow and steady progress.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, eXiled said:

I've been giving this show way more thought than I should as I ponder why it isn't as popular as I believe it should be. Potomac, despite its charming, charismatic, catty cast has never had a "moment." I know some people believe Monique vs. Candiace was that moment .... but I disagree.

I agree that this show should be at the top of the heap with its cast that is both beautiful and entertaining as Hell.

However, I don't think that it is due to it not having a "moment", but having the bad luck to come along when the HW franchises are dying a slow death in the zeitgeist. 

10 hours ago, eXiled said:

- RHONY: Scary Island. Anyone who has watched those eps remember them. A decade later and they still inspire awe and anxiety in me. Another iconic moment from the same season - Ramona bringing Bethenny to tears as they traversed the Brooklyn Bridge. R.I.P. to this once great franchise. When it was really hitting, there was no better show, IMO.

- RHOBH: "You stole my goddamn house!"; "You're such a fucking liar, Camille!";  "...the morally bankrupt Faye Resnick."; And the REAL Alison Dubois sauntering through with her e-cigarette and her psychic READ of Kyle "He will never emotionally fulfill you ... ever." That woman has made me see Medium in a completely different light. Got me over here side-eyeing Patricia Arquette and shit.

- RHONJ: Theresa flipping that table and screaming "prostitution whore!" put Jersey on the map. That scene got play everywhere.

- RHOA: So many damn moments - Nene and Sheree shifting Kim's wig; "Who Gon Check Me Boo?"; "Ooh, chile, the ghetto!" In its early days, especially, this franchise had the most memorable stingers and memes.

- RHOC: I've only seen a handful of eps from this show, but even I know that "naked wasted" was a thing.

All these moments were fantastic but would they really grab the viewer's attention today?  

There is so much more competition out there to get audience buzz nowadays and the formula for most of these shows feels stale.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

You are so right. We have so many more options today -- hell, some people would rather watch TikTok videos than television these days. Nothing really sticks anymore because viewership is scattered across various networks, streaming services, and platforms.

I think the last time a phrase caught my attention was when Basketball Wives' Evelyn told Tami "You were a non-mothafuckin' factor, bitch! And that was forever ago.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, eXiled said:

You are so right. We have so many more options today -- hell, some people would rather watch TikTok videos than television these days. Nothing really sticks anymore because viewership is scattered across various networks, streaming services, and platforms.

I think the last time a phrase caught my attention was when Basketball Wives' Evelyn told Tami "You were a non-mothafuckin' factor, bitch! And that was forever ago.

I remember people talking about "Tardy to the Party" like it was something.

Now you see a million videos that are much better and worse on TikTok. 

Heck, it even feels like even Ashley is betting on Tiktok for her future.

• Love 4

Aw, Lord... There is some gossip going around about the RHoP ladies getting x-rated on a trip to Mexico. Specifically, Wendy & others exposing their private parts, & Wendy & Mia kissing. I have no idea if it is true. Wendy is denying it.

It's giving me RHoATL Bolo vibes & I am not here for it. 

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

she jokes that she tried to ruin a marriage with lies so she could get famous on a reality show for 15min ... what a gross woman I hope NO ONE ever does something like that to HER husband 

I thought the reaction to Candiace calling her Sesame Street was what was funny. Not her behavior on the show itself. Candiace has been attacking women and their looks for years so a little tissue square humor is well deserved. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I don’t like when Candiace attacks others looks. However, I had no problem with this one, because this woman attacked her husband in a vile way.

Might make me a hypocrite p, but oh well.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I don’t like when Candiace attacks others looks. However,vai had no problem with this one, because this woman attacked her husband in a vile way.

Might make me a hypocrite p, but oh well.

Yes, this woman was making up lies to ruin an innocent person's reputation.

I think she is the type of person who is thirsty for any type of attention and it does not matter to her if it is negative attention.

• Like 7