Type keyword(s) to search

RHoP In The Media: What's Going Down in the DMV

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

Sooo....Juan proposed to Robyn.  Sigh.

Congratulations, I guess? I echo your sigh.

I’m glad she’s getting what she wanted, I just wish she would want better for herself.

Edited by link417
Double quote
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, link417 said:

I’m glad she’s getting what she wanted, I just wish she would want better for herself.

This will be a fantastic story line for her, wedding planning, bachorlette parties, the wedding itself...maybe even a doubtful reluctant groom wanting a pre nup(or if you are a 90 day watcher, pre nush), running late for every planning meeting and the wedding...all the usual wedding footage from all the other RH shows but I am sure Robyn will be a beautiful bride.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Sooo....Juan proposed to Robyn.  Sigh.

10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

This will be a fantastic story line for her, wedding planning, bachorlette parties, the wedding itself...maybe even a doubtful reluctant groom wanting a pre nup(or if you are a 90 day watcher, pre nush), running late for every planning meeting and the wedding...all the usual wedding footage from all the other RH shows but I am sure Robyn will be a beautiful bride.

Now y'all know Juan ain't gonna be in nobody's wedding anytime soon.  Who wants to take the over/under on how long the engagement will be.  I personally would be shocked if it was less than 2 years.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Now y'all know Juan ain't gonna be in nobody's wedding anytime soon.  Who wants to take the over/under on how long the engagement will be.  I personally would be shocked if it was less than 2 years.  

Ditto.  Especially when word on the street is that he got a whole sidechick and has for several years..

• Love 3
1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

Ditto.  Especially when word on the street is that he got a whole sidechick and has for several years..

Maybe she wants to follow in Gizelle’s footsteps and wear blinders until the sidechick becomes a sidebabymama. 😔

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 12/14/2019 at 3:02 PM, link417 said:

Yeah. This reads to me like Juan realized he couldn't do any better and was like, well, I guess.

14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I mean when he was playing in Europe when they were still married and she was dealing with two small kids, his mistress moved with him, so I think she long ago made a decision to ignore his cheating. 

And he called that woman "the love of his life" publicly, and he's never appeared to be that contrite about any of it.

16 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Is it a side chick if they're divorced? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 11/19/2019 at 7:12 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:
On 11/20/2019 at 12:19 AM, link417 said:

Even kids know not to tattle when you hit the other kid first. WTH? How are you going to the police, knowing your own hands aren’t clean?

On 12/14/2019 at 3:02 PM, link417 said:

On 12/14/2019 at 4:14 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

On 12/15/2019 at 2:25 AM, luckyroll3 said:

On 12/15/2019 at 7:21 PM, biakbiak said:

I mean when he was playing in Europe when they were still married and she was dealing with two small kids, his mistress moved with him, so I think she long ago made a decision to ignore his cheating. 

How the hell do you cut a woman's face with glass and then complain when she pulls your wig?

Robyn is the type of woman who has built her whole identity in being married to a baller. It does not even matter that the "baller" is dead broke and washed up. Even after the divorce, she still went by his name and was a wife to him in all ways but in the eyes of the law.

A lot of people have compared Robyn to Tisha Campbell's character in that old Spike Lee movie School Daze.

As for Juan, I recently came across a video and was astounded at how much the ladies in Atlanta get paid.

Now Potomac is not near as popular as Atlanta (I'm the only person I know that watches it in real life) but I am going to guess Robyn is now getting paid somewhere around $200-$400K for her season. It might be higher.

This is by far probably the most stable and highest source of income for their family. They also know Robyn is boring as hell. I mean how many times are we going to watch Juan out tom-catting while Robyn stays at home folding his underwear and wistfully talking about how much Juan is dying to be with her?

This engagement is straight up for the show and to give Robyn a story line. If Juan did not need the money, he would have been out of there a long time ago.

I remember when Ashley (being the messy bitch she is) brought up Juan's girlfriend to Robyn. Her reaction was that he was divorced and could be with anybody that he wanted.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 5

The video is talking about Gizelle and Jamal at 10:03. For those who do not want to wade through the foolishness, the tea is that Jamal’s church in Atlanta is broke and he is using G for publicity while having some chick from Basketball Wives on the side. Again, have no idea if this is a valid source.

G remind me of Kenya from Atlanta. Beautiful on the outside and totally ugly on the inside.

Edited by qtpye
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I'm currently in Atlanta and several members of my family went to New Birth for New Years Eve to see some gospel performer.  They said it was a hot mess and that there was a standard fee, uhm, "donation", of $360 per person and $90 per kid, and they asked for it as soon as people entered.  And then during the services, they asked for more money from everyone.  There are also a suite of ATM's in the entry way, so no one can use the excuse that they don't have any cash.  They said that the only reason Jamal got hired was because he swore to eliminate the debt (over $30 million!) in less than 8 years or something like that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I'm currently in Atlanta and several members of my family went to New Birth for New Years Eve to see some gospel performer.  They said it was a hot mess and that there was a standard fee, uhm, "donation", of $360 per person and $90 per kid, and they asked for it as soon as people entered.  And then during the services, they asked for more money from everyone.  There are also a suite of ATM's in the entry way, so no one can use the excuse that they don't have any cash.  They said that the only reason Jamal got hired was because he swore to eliminate the debt (over $30 million!) in less than 8 years or something like that.

He certainly did not get hired because of his excellent reputation or respectability.

I grew up in Atlanta and this makes me so sad.

How the Hell does a church get $30 million in debt? It seems like money that was supposed to be helping the community probably actually went into someone’s pocket.

Gizelle needs him because the show is getting tired of her being single. It was probably one of the reasons she was going after Sherman so hard.

• Love 5
On 1/4/2020 at 12:58 PM, qtpye said:

The video is talking about Gizelle and Jamal at 10:03. For those who do not want to wade through the foolishness, the tea is that Jamal’s church in Atlanta is broke and he is using G for publicity while having some chick from Basketball Wives on the side. Again, have no idea if this is a valid source.

G remind me of Kenya from Atlanta. Beautiful on the outside and totally ugly on the inside.

BLECH, not Malaysia’s dumb ass! She is probably my least favorite Basketball Wife.

Gizelle needs to leave Jamal in the trash where he belongs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/4/2020 at 12:58 PM, qtpye said:

I don't watch this franchise, but there was a blind item revealed on CrazyDays&Nights

Blind Items Revealed #5

January 9, 2020

This East Coast Housewife divorced her pumpkin loving husband long ago. He was cheating and getting other women pregnant. She then dated a NBA player for a bit. The producers said her story was boring so she decided she should reunite with her ex. He loves television, so he was fully on board despite the fact the relationship is fake and he is living with a reality star who lives in a city where there is another edition of this franchise.

Gizelle Bryant/"Real Housewives of Potomac"/Jamal Harrison Bryant/Sherman Douglas/Malaysia Pargo "Basketball Wives"/Atlanta

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1

Somehow this show has become my favorite franchise. It won my heart honestly, too, because I shut the show off around EP 3 of the first season and I didn't return until near the end of Season 2.

Watching Monique's trajectory has disappointed me because she had all the tools needed to win . . . except for common sense and the ability to really strategize. When her checkers game is so lousy, I have no idea how I ever expected her chess game to be on point.

ALL Monique had to do is stunt on those hating bitches while remaining poised, confident, and composed. That's it. She's attractive, married to a man of means who loves her, and makes adorable babies. I question some of her fashion (though Mo ain't the only chick in Potomac who can make an expensive outfit look like something from Rainbow.) Besides, for a certain type of person, style don't mean a thing if the fashion isn't expensive.

Monique can afford the latest and the greatest, so she has that going for her, as well.

But Mo just couldn't do it. She couldn't graciously and with butter-wouldn't-melt-in-her-mouth realness slay this damn show by simply living the life several of the other ladies are still striving toward.

What's so hard about turning the other cheek to a chick whose storyline EVERY SEASON is about a relationship that goes absolutely nowhere? I'd be so nice to that chick it would hurt her feelings.

Why couldn't Mo simply smile, while coyly averting weak shade and icy daggers from those who continue to stumble down the mountainside Mo has so easily climbed?

Why couldn't Monique have quietly taken serene pleasure in her beautiful family and several homes, while paying negative dust to those -- who despite "better" pedigrees, education, and social connections -- come off as bitter and unhappy? Why would she even flip her weave to pay attention to people who stink of struggle and remain on the come-up season after season?

Monique blew it, and as far as I'm concerned, she lost way before she beat Candiace's ass.

Monique lost every time she entertained the thoughts and feelings of women in obvious distress about lives that did not turn out in the ways they had envisioned. Monique lost when she went out of her way to antagonize mean girls when she should have been spending her time attempting to build solid relationships with women whose friendships might actually be able to offer her something (Charrisse and her set).

I wanted Mo to be better. But I've learned the hard way that you can only do better when you know better. She ain't there yet. In a decade, she'll probably look back and realize if she had moved differently, she could have made this show really work for her.

Edited by eXiled
:
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, eXiled said:

Somehow this show has become my favorite franchise. It won my heart honestly, too, because I shut the show off around EP 3 of the first season and I didn't return until near the end of Season 2.

Watching Monique's trajectory has disappointed me because she had all the tools needed to win . . . except for common sense and the ability to really strategize. When her checkers game is so lousy, I have no idea how I ever expected her chess game to be on point.

ALL Monique had to do is stunt on those hating bitches while remaining poised, confident, and composed. That's it. She's attractive, married to a man of means who loves her, and makes adorable babies. I question some of her fashion (though Mo ain't the only chick in Potomac who can make an expensive outfit look like something from Rainbow.) Besides, for a certain type of person, style don't mean a thing if the fashion isn't expensive.

Monique can afford the latest and the greatest, so she has that going for her, as well.

But Mo just couldn't do it. She couldn't graciously and with butter-wouldn't-melt-in-her-mouth realness slay this damn show by simply living the life several of the other ladies are still striving toward.

What's so hard about turning the other cheek to a chick whose storyline EVERY SEASON is about a relationship that goes absolutely nowhere? I'd be so nice to that chick it would hurt her feelings.

Why couldn't Mo simply smile, while coyly averting weak shade and icy daggers from those who continue to stumble down the mountainside Mo has so easily climbed?

Why couldn't Monique have quietly taken serene pleasure in her beautiful family and several homes, while paying negative dust to those -- who despite "better" pedigrees, education, and social connections -- come off as bitter and unhappy? Why would she even flip her weave to pay attention to people who stink of struggle and remain on the come-up season after season?

Monique blew it, and as far as I'm concerned, she lost way before she beat Candiace's ass.

Monique lost every time she entertained the thoughts and feelings of women in obvious distress about lives that did not turn out in the ways they had envisioned. Monique lost when she went out of her way to antagonize mean girls when she should have been spending her time attempting to build solid relationships with women whose friendships might actually be able to offer her something (Charrisse and her set).

I wanted Mo to be better. But I've learned the hard way that you can only do better when you know better. She ain't there yet. In a decade, she'll probably look back and realize if she had moved differently, she could have made this show really work for her.

I agree 1000% Woth all of this. I was disappointed Woth her also. Unfortunately, someone like this would be a unicorn on Bravo. However, it would be refreshing and would be great viewing.

• Love 7
On 2/19/2020 at 7:58 PM, eXiled said:

I agree with you on all accounts, @eXiled: so eloquently stated...Monique could’ve merely laughed in the face of Candyass and the others’ pathetically desperate theatrics, but she sadly fell for the easy bait. Not a good look and definitely not a wise move; I’m sure Chris was just as disappointed by her physical altercation.

And I love me some Monique, so it’s indeed sad to see how she’s gradually lost her chill game with every season—like my favorite Monique moment was on S2 when she first met the girls as a group; as usual, salty Gizelle was trying her best to throw shade, and when she got Mo opening up more about how she was shopping for new homes in Potomac and asked “You don’t have a home?” Mo barely skipped a beat and calmly answered, “I have four homes.” THAT is the confident and cool Monique I fell for, not this trash-talking broad who claims she’ll “drag” her other inconsequential, hopelessly bougie cast members.  

She came on this show with all the necessary RH trappings, enviable lifestyle and charming gorgeousness to match. And I liked how she first seemed so composed and classy, yet still fun and sassy, like Potomac’s answer to Cynthia Bailey. But if you wallow in the mud, you’re obviously going to get dirty; and it’s quite disappointing that she ever lowered herself to the likes of Candyass’s trashy levels. 
Now I’ll be forced to quote Nene Leakes on my true feelings for Monique post-fight:

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

I agree that RHOP looks way better than this tired season of Atlanta. I also think all the women look stunning in the promo picture. I love the colors!

I love that promo picture, too!

Wait a minute, what stripper scandal?! Did Michael’s wandering ways get discussed in the off-season and I just missed it?

I’m not sure if too much can be drawn from the trailer, I can think of at least a couple places in it where “creative” editing could lead us to believe the show is trying to stack the deck against Monique. It was odd that they didn’t include a clip of Candice post-altercation, though.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, link417 said:

I love that promo picture, too!

Wait a minute, what stripper scandal?! Did Michael’s wandering ways get discussed in the off-season and I just missed it?

I’m not sure if too much can be drawn from the trailer, I can think of at least a couple places in it where “creative” editing could lead us to believe the show is trying to stack the deck against Monique. It was odd that they didn’t include a clip of Candice post-altercation, though.

The only that would be surprising about Michael partying with strippers is if they actually turned out to be female.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

That reminds, whenever I see that scene of Gizelle refusing to give her phone number to Monique, I keep hearing a part of the song No Scrubs. Ya'll know which part I am talking about...

• LOL 1

I was really “Ugh” about Dr. Osefo being added to the cast, but it looks like she brings it this season. I don’t even remember who she was arguing with in the promo, but it looked like she got them TO.GE.THERRRR. 👏🏾

• Love 2

Apparently Giselle’s ex, Jamal Bryant, was planning to charge $150 a person for a COVID-19 test.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/pastor-jamal-bryant-offers-1000-covid-19-tests-to-minorities-for-150-each-then-postpones-event.html

Last week he called Georgia’s slow reopening of the economy (I put the word slow in there as I live in Georgia, and national media has not focused on the whole picture) as an assault against minorities.

https://www.afro.com/pastor-jamal-bryant-calls-reopening-of-georgias-economy-assault-on-minorities-contrary-to-gods-will/

Apparently, charging his struggling, minority, parishioners who fund his lifestyle $150 when they are unemployed isn’t contrary to God’s will.

If Giselle’s is back with this cheating jerk, well, shame on her.

• Love 4