Type keyword(s) to search

RHoP In The Media: What's Going Down in the DMV

• Start Topic

The issue is not Gizelle or Great Value Khloe Kardashian being worthless without a man. That is how they measure their own worth and they use other marriages as weapons in their petty arguments. So you best believe if you come at me and I know your weak spot it's going down. Neither one of them had any business coming for Wendy. So as long as husbands and men are the topic I'll take "why yo ass ain't got one for $1000 Alex." 

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Boofish said:

The issue is not Gizelle or Great Value Khloe Kardashian being worthless without a man. That is how they measure their own worth and they use other marriages as weapons in their petty arguments. So you best believe if you come at me and I know your weak spot it's going down. Neither one of them had any business coming for Wendy. So as long as husbands and men are the topic I'll take "why yo ass ain't got one for $1000 Alex." 

They had men who treat them like dirt and are in disbelief when other couples are happy.

I imagine Gizzy thought she is so beautiful that she would never have man problems.

Believe me, beauty does not protect you against anything if you constantly pick assholes.

I can tell how much Eddie loves and respects Wendy just from 5 seconds of screen time.

I never got that feeling ever from Juan, Jamal, and Michael Darby.

I can also tell that Uncle Ben loves Karen and they probably have an "arrangement".

I just watched an Alexander R video and he had the best line for the situation.

He said, "I wish Juan protected his basketball players half as hard as Robyn protects Juan".

• Like 13
  • Fire 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Boofish said:

All the allegations and gossip about Karen and all they have is a grainy photo. It's concrete proof out there of what Juan, Michael and Jamal did. Thats why they mad.

Karen was in that photo and she told us she was by saying the man in the photo was a married man. If it wasn't you in the photo, how do you know the man in the photo is married?

8 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Some blogs were reporting that footage of Robin & Juan's wedding was being edited into the show. I guess we'll have to wait & see.

They need to edit the footage out and if people want to see Robyn's wedding they need to go to her Patreon and look at it there.

Karen is claiming she is coming for Robyn during Season 8 and "Robert" needs to put on her big girl panties because she's going to expose her next season.

1. "Robert" probably won't be back next season, so Karen needs to get another storyline

2. This is the problem with RHOP and other shows of this nature: it becomes about trying to make a moment and be a moment. Who can have the hottest catchphrase ("Tik Tok, MI-A!") and who can expose who (Gizelle/Ashley plotting and lying, Karen now claiming she's going to expose Robyn in S8) and who can be the biggest and baddest (Cookie Monster going on social media wanting to fight Chris & Candiace).

If Karen doesn't have any other storyline besides exposing Robyn, Karen needs to pack her bags and move to Florida with Ray.

Here are storylines people would probably be interested in seeing that have nothing to do with exposing people:

Gizelle going on college tours with Grace/Twins, Grace's senior year and Gizelle's Empty Nest syndrome

Candiace continuing her entertainment career, extracting her eggs, deciding if motherhood right now is right for her. We've seen her music, let's see her acting gigs, the audition process, rehearsing lines etc.

Ashley in her new house, dating, rediscovering herself (because she spent her 20s with Michael)

Wendy's activities in the community.  Maybe she has another lunch & learn like she did on her first season.

(if Mia is asked back) Her & Gordon's struggles with the business.  Why did her brother in law block them from the accounts? Why did Gordon's family snatch the business away from them?

Karen confronting the realities of an aging husband and wanting to still be out there.

RHOP probably can't attract new talent because nobody in the DC area is trying to lose security clearance, reputation etc for fear of being exposed by Gizelle and other cast members.

Find a bored wife/girlfriend from a player from the Commanders, Ravens, Orioles etc.

Stop having all-cast events every episode.  It's not needed or realistic. ONE cast trip and ONE all-cast event.  Otherwise, Candiace/Wendy/Karen could film together.

Gizelle/Ashley/Karen could film together.

New Housewife/Karen/Gizelle could film together.

New Housewife/Candiace could film together.

New Housewife throws an event and invites everyone.  Somebody plans a trip and invites everyone.  If Gizelle wants to film with Charrisse, she can film with her by herself.

Karen announcing to the blogs her S8 storyline will be exposing Robyn? No ma'am, and if all she plans to bring to the show, she needs to hit the road too.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3

The DMV is such a hard space to film in because people don't want to be on the show and businesses do not want to allow the cameras. I remember when the Real world was filming in DC. Disaster. We need interesting and non thirsty people. Don't be a sane married couple, because we now know these women will say any lie for a storyline. Everyone I think about in the DC area that I think would be great, it think they would never be on this show. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

The DMV is such a hard space to film in because people don't want to be on the show and businesses do not want to allow the cameras. I remember when the Real world was filming in DC. Disaster. We need interesting and non thirsty people. Don't be a sane married couple, because we now know these women will say any lie for a storyline. Everyone I think about in the DC area that I think would be great, it think they would never be on this show. 

That's why the Housewives of DC sucked. Nobody was willing to look bad and nobody wanted them filming

• Like 6
On 1/31/2023 at 9:56 AM, MaggieG said:

I just read that she talked about it on the podcast but is revealing more details on her Patreon. So those that want to know more details about it, have to pay for it. I'm sure everyone is annoyed with this. She's revealing it now when the season is over and they've already filmed the reunion. I wonder if this was brought up at the reunion. Now Juan's reaction on the phone made sense. 

It's obvious Robyn's timing was deliberate, and not because she is a private person, and she didn't want her wedding getting televised. It was because she wanted to profit not only from being on a "reality" show, but from making anybody who is interested in her life because she is on this show to pay to gain access to a site in order to watch what should be on her tv show....

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, ZettaK said:

It's obvious Robyn's timing was deliberate, and not because she is a private person, and she didn't want her wedding getting televised. It was because she wanted to profit not only from being on a "reality" show, but from making anybody who is interested in her life because she is on this show to pay to gain access to a site in order to watch what should be on her tv show....

It's the Real Housewives of Patreon.

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
On 1/31/2023 at 7:10 PM, LaurelleJ said:

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I think that they could take the same Karen vs. Gizelle formula and build the franchise around Candiace and Ashley and get new housewives. 

I think that would be a great retool. 

• Like 5

Candiace v Ashley = a natural rivalry/feud

Karen = Matriarch role

Wendy = support role

Fire Gizelle, Robyn and Mia. They bring nothing to the show. Let them p*ssy pop behind the Patreon Paywall.

Bring on 2-3 new housewives between 40 and 55 years old.

• Like 14
11 hours ago, sATL said:

So Juan met the woman (it was not only DMs on IG) if he was at a hotel with her, and she asked him to pay for the hotel bill. He was stupid to use his credit card, but we know he didn't act intelligently before.

As for Ashley, is she getting a lump sum in the divorce? This could be a reason for not getting alimony. 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, ZettaK said:

So Juan met the woman (it was not only DMs on IG) if he was at a hotel with her, and she asked him to pay for the hotel bill. He was stupid to use his credit card, but we know he didn't act intelligently before.

As for Ashley, is she getting a lump sum in the divorce? This could be a reason for not getting alimony. 

Robyn wants us to believe that Juan left the house to go meet the woman at the hotel, pay the bill, and then left without staying. Girl.

I'm hearing rumblings that Andy and Robyn filmed another sit down session to talk about Juan, and that will air during part 3. I wonder if it was filmed this week before/after she filmed WWHL. 

• Like 5
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Alimony is increasingly scarce in the US because so many wives have entered the workforce since the 70s. Ashley has a job/income via Bravo, so she may not qualify for alimony. I think the settlement will be driven by whatever agreements she and Michael negotiated. She referenced a post-nup negotiation in an earlier season.

And the state of Virginia's child support policy and formulas will drive her and Michael's child support agreement. I can see Michael refusing to let Ashley demand huge sums of money for anything. Thomas Ravenel of Southern Charm, a wealthy man, successfully pushed back hard against demands for big child support checks and South Carolina's formula was imposed.

Arlington, VA's courts are more liberal than other Virginia courts. Meaning Ashley will not automatically be awarded huge sums just because she is a wife of a wealthy man.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Robyn wants us to believe that Juan left the house to go meet the woman at the hotel, pay the bill, and then left without staying. Girl.

I'm hearing rumblings that Andy and Robyn filmed another sit down session to talk about Juan, and that will air during part 3. I wonder if it was filmed this week before/after she filmed WWHL. 

one doesn't have to 'stay' to have a little fun in the sheets... hotels that charge by the hour are kinda hard to find now-adays.. 🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
4 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I know, delusional much? 

I do not know many men that would pay some random woman's hotel bill and not get some sort of "reward," wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

• Like 7
28 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

At what point did the reunion dresses morph into costumes? I mean seriously, how did we get to this point?

ITA. Its almost like WWHL need to start setting some guidelines along with what color, and that the "gown" contain a split. Maybe they need to start signing off on the pattern, that includes a swatches review before some of this mess gets sewn up.

I do like Gizelle's - but fear she went rouge in the back..

I really can't pick which gown is the ugliest and the most unflattering.  between sizing, style , fabric -I mean WTH.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
34 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

At what point did the reunion dresses morph into costumes?

I love sequins and sparkle, but these dresses are a horrible combination of prom, beauty pageant, club and Vegas. Robyn's is the only one that shows some restraint.

In earlier seasons, she dressed beautifully and classicly, even just to shop or have lunch. In more recent seasons, she's not even trying, unless paid glam folks do all of the work for her.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
On 2/3/2023 at 12:09 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Sharrell went as far as to say Robyn was fired. I doubt that's true, but that narrative is out there.

What not?  Robyn's actions have certainly given BRAVO just cause to fire her.  She lied about Juan's cheating, so that it won't air.  Yet she engaged in gossiping about Monique, Wendy, Candice relationships.  For 7 seasons, she floated a storyline of a TV wedding - that she failed to deliver.  Now she is giving the story on Patreon - and not on BRAVO.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Like 10

Sharrell also said Robyn was on WWHL and Andy was clearly ticked off at her and went after her during the whole show. She said he’s furious that Robyn kept the Juan affair a secret, lied about it and therefore wasn’t showing what was really going on during the season as is expected. 

Someone who was there said Andy told Robyn she wouldn’t be back next season. He could’ve just been popping off though. Sharrell doesn’t think Andy alone has the power to fire a HW.

Don’t know when this episode of WWHL aired. Did anyone here see it?

https://www.youtube.com/live/KVfEiZJ2y10?feature=share

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

Sharrell also said Robyn was on WWHL and Andy was clearly ticked off at her and went after her during the whole show. She said he’s furious that Robyn kept the Juan affair a secret, lied about it and therefore wasn’t showing what was really going on during the season as is expected. 

Someone who was there said Andy told Robyn she wouldn’t be back next season. He could’ve just been popping off though. Sharrell doesn’t think Andy alone has the power to fire a HW.

Don’t now when this episode of WWHL aired. Did anyone here see it?

We all have seen at the reunions where it got so contentious between him a HW that there was no coming back from it.  Think Rinna, Dorinda, Phaedra, Brandi, Carole, Kelly Dodd, i.e.  

Edited by twilightzone
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, twilightzone said:

We all have seen at the reunions where it got so contentious between him a HW that there was no coming back from it.  Think Rinna, Dorinda, Phaedra, Brandi, Carole, Kelly Dodd, i.e.  

Maybe Carole and Kelly Dodd. He wants the rest to return. 

8 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Alimony is increasingly scarce in the US because so many wives have entered the workforce since the 70s. Ashley has a job/income via Bravo, so she may not qualify for alimony. I think the settlement will be driven by whatever agreements she and Michael negotiated. She referenced a post-nup negotiation in an earlier season.

And the state of Virginia's child support policy and formulas will drive her and Michael's child support agreement. I can see Michael refusing to let Ashley demand huge sums of money for anything. Thomas Ravenel of Southern Charm, a wealthy man, successfully pushed back hard against demands for big child support checks and South Carolina's formula was imposed.

Arlington, VA's courts are more liberal than other Virginia courts. Meaning Ashley will not automatically be awarded huge sums just because she is a wife of a wealthy man.

Ashley mentioned on the show (and I think she did again at the reunion) that there was no post nup, or that it was not favorable to her. Michael is the kind of person who won't offer any large sums of money. Unfortunately for Ashley, the Bravo income is temporary. 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Maybe Carole and Kelly Dodd. He wants the rest to return. 

None of them have ever returned full time.  And some have been off the show for years.   I don't see Robyn as someone they would consider that important to RHOP.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, twilightzone said:

We don't know if Andy went after Robyn at the reunion. The alleged incident happened during a taping of WWHL that will air tomorrow after the finale.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
40 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

None of them have ever returned full time.  And some have been off the show for years.   I don't see Robyn as someone they would consider that important to RHOP.

No, Robyn is not important. Some of the others mentioned are far more popular. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I believe they filmed it when they were in NYC for the reunion, and it airs tomorrow night.

Thanks! I don’t usually watch it but I’m going to check it out. I wonder if they’re going to edit it to make it less harsh on Robyn.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Carole - who ?? Which I guess does prove the point.

Do you mean Caroline Manzo from RHONj?  Actually her sister Dina, could be part of this quick exits list too.

• LOL 2
39 minutes ago, sATL said:

Carole - who ?? Which I guess does prove the point.

Do you mean Caroline Manzo from RHONj?  Actually her sister Dina, could be part of this quick exits list too.

I'm guessing Carole Radziwill.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
22 hours ago, twilightzone said:

What not?  Robyn's actions have certainly given BRAVO just cause to fire her.  She lied about Juan's cheating, so that it won't air.  Yet she engaged in gossiping about Monique, Wendy, Candice relationships.  For 7 seasons, she floated a storyline of a TV wedding - that she failed to deliver.  Now she is giving the story on Patreon - and not on BRAVO.

Her biggest sin is airing it for her personal monetary gain on patreon. That takes it a level up from even the BH housewives who hide and lie about their lives all the time. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
On 2/4/2023 at 3:27 PM, twilightzone said:

well .. isn't this a plus for Juan's character ?😁

Talking about standing on one's principals..

Not even for money, the terms of the contract, ratings , a possible side BRAVO summer spinoff of the wedding prep (like Kandi), Robyn's / any other housewives' whining / probing, or his sons, has he re-married Robyn, in 7 long damn years..

Edited by sATL
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 2/3/2023 at 11:28 AM, LaurelleJ said:

Word on the curb is that Andy gave Robyn the business during her taping of WWHL that will air Sunday. 

On 2/4/2023 at 3:27 PM, twilightzone said:

Now she is giving the story on Patreon - and not on BRAVO.

On 2/4/2023 at 4:02 PM, Sweet-tea said:

Don’t know when this episode of WWHL aired. Did anyone here see it?

I watched it last night. Andy was clearly pissed. He went in on Robyn for about 10-15 minutes, right at the top of the show, asking her all the question's we all have been wondering about.

Me during the entire segment:

sips-tea-stephen-a-smith.gif

And she was struggling to come up with lies, and the ones she did come up with were really really dumb. [He never met that lady because she lives ALLLL the way in Canada. She came down to Maryland on her own, for no reason, during the middle of the pandemic. Juan wasn't with her at the hotel; he only felt bad and just had to pay her hotel bill for her because he's a nice guy. Girl what?!?!?!?] And he was particularly ticked about her only offering to spill the real story behind a paywall. And one of the questions from the "viewers" asked specifically why she and Gizelle expect transparency from all of the other ladies about their personal relationships and lives, but she and G never share anything about theirs and shut down everyone who asks them. 

I didn't hear him say anything regarding her being back next season. Since it wasn't actually live, maybe it got cut, but Andy rarely makes outright statements like that about any of the HWs.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I watched it last night. Andy was clearly pissed. He went in on Robyn for about 10-15 minutes, right at the top of the show, asking her all the question's we all have been wondering about.

Me during the entire segment:

sips-tea-stephen-a-smith.gif

And she was struggling to come up with lies, and the ones she did come up with were really really dumb. [He never met that lady because she lives ALLLL the way in Canada. She came down to Maryland on her own, for no reason, during the middle of the pandemic. Juan wasn't with her at the hotel; he only felt bad and just had to pay her hotel bill for her because he's a nice guy. Girl what?!?!?!?] And he was particularly ticked about her only offering to spill the real story behind a paywall. And one of the questions from the "viewers" asked specifically why she and Gizelle expect transparency from all of the other ladies about their personal relationships and lives, but she and G never share anything about theirs and shut down everyone who asks them. 

I didn't hear him say anything regarding her being back next season. Since it wasn't actually live, maybe it got cut, but Andy rarely makes outright statements like that about any of the HWs.

Yes, Andy Cohen was grilling her nonstop. He didn't say anything about firing her because those issues are supposed to be decided later.

• Like 4

Robyn should be fired but I doubt she will be fired.  Probably offered a friend contract for Season 8 which really won't mean anything because Gizelle will go out of her way to film with her.  So Robyn will be like Charrisse in Season 3.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 2/3/2023 at 2:29 PM, sATL said:

Ashley is hiding things too.  She’s going to pay $13,000 a month for the mortgage alone!  Then she says that Michael told her it’s her home, he’ll never try to claim part ownership.  The same man that had her sign a prenup that didn’t work out for her.  What a dunce.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I wonder if the story about the woman being blonde wasn’t true or there is yet another women Juan was involved with who is blonde. Given what I’ve heard about Juan, the latter seems likely. 

In this clip, the guy talks to Juan’s mystery woman and plays the audio. Basically she says;

— Robyn’s account of the hotel story was false.

— The woman came to Maryland to see Juan. You can fill in the blanks why they needed a hotel room. (She did not want to say it outright; said she wasn’t a malicious person and didn’t want to hurt Robyn.)

— She said Juan told her his relationship with Robyn is for tv and a paycheck

— She said she and Juan have been texting, DM’ing and talking by phone for a year. 

Other details in the clip.

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

(She did not want to say it outright; said she wasn’t a malicious person and didn’t want to hurt Robyn.)

She's not malicious and doesn't want to hurt Robyn but continues to go to bloggers to tell how she and Juan were having sex and DM'ing for a year.

Oh, ok.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, drivethroo said:

She's not malicious and doesn't want to hurt Robyn but continues to go to bloggers to tell how she and Juan were having sex and DM'ing for a year.

Oh, ok.

In the clip, she didn’t actually say they were having sex, but she implied it. 

Other news: I’m glad Katie is better. I thought she was on drugs but I didn’t think it was Adderall. Guess it doesn’t mix well with alcohol.

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/7324212/real-housewives-of-potomac-katie-rost-minimum-wage-job/

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 5