Type keyword(s) to search

RHoP In The Media: What's Going Down in the DMV

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Can’t stand Robyn and Giselle but this whole thing with Eminem is so stupid. They call their podcast Reasonably Shady and he is Slim Shady - make it make sense.

Does he have nothing else to do?

What a pathetic so called man Eminem is going after Real Housewives. I didn’t even know he went by Shady anymore. Loser, has been scum!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

My understanding is that Gizelle and Robyn are trying to trademark the word "shady" which Eminem already has a trademark for.

I don't know if he has Slim Shady trademarked or just shady.  And I don't know if they are trying to trademark Reasonably Shady or just shady.

I found the article slightly confusing on that part.

Obviously Eminem is Team Grand Dame...

Edited by dosodog
  • Like 3
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Wow. I went on a cruise at Christmas and got behind on this forum. I had no idea Mia and Gordon split up. 

I'm laughing because your post sounds so serious, it is not so much of a break up but more like the end of an arrangement, his money ran out and then so did she.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
5 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Wow. I went on a cruise at Christmas and got behind on this forum. I had no idea Mia and Gordon split up. 

Allegedly Gordon tried to rope Bassetts/Osefos into the relationship drama and neither couple wanted anything to do with the situation.

On 12/29/2023 at 4:27 PM, dosodog said:

My understanding is that Gizelle and Robyn are trying to trademark the word "shady" which Eminem already has a trademark for.

I don't know if he has Slim Shady trademarked or just shady.  And I don't know if they are trying to trademark Reasonably Shady or just shady.

Eminem's daughter has a podcast with "Shady" in the title apparently.  He's probably not wanting any confusion with his daughter's podcast vs GEB's podcast.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I'm laughing because your post sounds so serious, it is not so much of a break up but more like the end of an arrangement, his money ran out and then so did she.

Weren’t they married? 

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Weren’t they married? 

Yes, she married him for his money and now she is divorcing him but I do not think she will get much money in child support or alimony or a settlement of some kind since he no longer has a stake in The Joint.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

The Reasonably Shady Podcast is on tour:

Screenshot_20240109_012951_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0b40f98dc95375194c9afd18b429149d.jpg

This is in Philadelphia at the City Winery.

I know many housewives are doing shows but this seems a bit pricey. Are they doing a comedy routine or just gossiping?

• Love 1

Monique doesn't fit in anymore.  When she first joined the show, all the way to Season 5, she was trying to be a society lady. Who she is portraying herself to be now is not the same values as the Housewives.

When she left RHOP and went to LAMDC she turned into Mother Earth Oils, let me home school my kids and wear locs and use oils and herbs instead of medicine and  connect to the soil and be vegan and I just don't think she would have any connection with anyone on RHOP (and if she's truly Earth Mother, Let Me Connect to the soil she shouldn't be participating in a display of Western consumerism and overconsumption that Housewives shows like to display).

Reality TV is probably not the best endeavor for her so let her stay where she's at.

Nene can stay where she's at too.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2

There is a picture of G sitting in the front row of the church with all of her girls as babies. She was there after the divorce and he had cheated on her (probably numerous times). They all look beautiful and I wish to God, they did not have such a piece of shit, as a father.

• Like 4

Ooooh, they are at Laduree! I love their tea and some of the flavors of macarons! I have been to that Georgetown store (and in Paris), the manager is legit French, ooh, la, la! 

I geek out about any HW locations I have actually been to.

Wendy parting with Marsha was difficult? You did not know the basics of producing a show, Marsha had no problem walking away from Wendy.  Is Wendy also lightening her skin, she is looking very different.

Nneka says "in her culture," when talking about having kids, it is not only your culture! 

• Like 6

3 hours ago

Looks like Candiace won't be paying for Ashley's house after all...

https://people.com/candiace-dillard-bassett-michael-darby-defamation-lawsuit-dismissed-exclusive-8558412

It was always mighty funny the sales price of the house (minus the down payment) just happened to be the amount of money Michael was seeking from Candiace.

I've seen it posted that the case may have been dismissed because Michael signed a release to appear on the show.  I can't imagine he didn't know this, unless he thought because he & Ashley were no longer together and he didn't film at all in Season 7 that he was released from the release.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, drivethroo said:

It was always mighty funny the sales price of the house (minus the down payment) just happened to be the amount of money Michael was seeking from Candiace.

I've seen it posted that the case may have been dismissed because Michael signed a release to appear on the show.  I can't imagine he didn't know this, unless he thought because he & Ashley were no longer together and he didn't film at all in Season 7 that he was released from the release.

I think this gives Ashley a new reason to hate Candiace, no money from the non law suit means no money for Ashley.  I guess Michael will be paying out of his own pocket for Ashley's house.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Candiace and Chris were on DC Channel 5's 11am show today:

Candiace says she's recording her second album in LA and heading there tomorrow

Discusses filming season 2 of the show HUSH

Says she can now discuss the lawsuit if/when it's brought up because it's been resolved.  Says Ashley took a hands off approach to the lawsuit and she respected that

Says she would love to come back to RHOP 

Chris plugged his new line of seasonings which are available on his website and an independent grocery in Gambrills & he's working on a distribution deal (he should seriously try to get on with Giant --they promote local brands)

Chris is cooking wings & cheesesteak sliders using his spice blend and there was a display of his spice blends on the counters. 

Candiace & the host talked to a MedSpa owner who had a line of candles that could also be a massage oil when melted. The Medspa owner talked about fillers for the lips and Candiace said she has Botox for her forehead and around her eyes and has gotten her whole lips done but didn't like it so she just gets the Cupid's bow done

Monique will be on tomorrow's show but I can't watch that cuz I have to go into the office.

Cute episode.

• Like 5
On 2/7/2024 at 7:59 PM, dosodog said:

I saw on Twitter that Candiace will be singing at a Lakers game.

I’m shocked she’s still trying to be a singer or that anyone would ask her to come sing at Lakers game. She’s pretty bad.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
59 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Must have a good agent. 

Yes I’m sure the singing career is costing her a lot of money. Especially with Chris not working and putting money into pricey spices. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
23 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

They are a good couple. She needs to be more secure and handle the women. She has the best marriage of the group.

I saw a YouTube video on Jamal Bryant and he makes Juan look like husband of the year. Usually, Juan does not even get the Best Roommate of the Year award.

GEB has all the smoke in the world for women but are spineless pathetic doormats when it comes to men.

The way Eddie lights up when he sees Wendy is something they do not understand since both Jamal and Juan run away like the wind when they see them,

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
On 1/9/2024 at 12:38 AM, NowVoyager said:

The Reasonably Shady Podcast is on tour:

Screenshot_20240109_012951_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0b40f98dc95375194c9afd18b429149d.jpg

This is in Philadelphia at the City Winery.

They sure are proud of themselves, aren't they?

• Mind Blown 1

Wendy and Candiace will be on the Kelly Clarkson show.  With?  Andy Cohen!

Dun Dun Dunnnnn. (Suspenseful music!)

What is going on?

Are pigs flying?  Has hell frozen over?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
50 minutes ago, dosodog said:

And now there's this.  

Michael might have missed a mortgage payment...Ashley's pretending to be nice.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Sounds like Ashley got tore up by the people on her sofa.  Hopefully Nneka & Keiarna got some licks in too.  GEB probably didn't lift one finger to help her either. Oh well.  Borrow a cry-angle from Candiace.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)

I was thinking that Karen should be on the sofa with Candiace and Wendy instead of Mia, but I saw someone on social media say that they probably put Gizelle next to Karen, who was in the first seat, because Gizelle would respond better to sitting next to Karen while she is in the first seat instead of Mia who was in the first seat.  I can understand that, but putting Gizelle second to a non-OG might inspire her to try to perform better at reunions because she's always a flop. If Gizelle and Mia are both back though, Gizelle might lock in on Mia. I hope Nneka isn't back, but that's another target tor Gizelle next season. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Like 4

It looks like they were doing an OGs vs Newbies seating arrangement but they had to decide whether Karen or Gizelle would be first chair.  If the showrunner who was allegedly fired was still there, Gizelle probably would've been first chair.  But IMO they decided to make Karen first chair over Gizelle to send Gizelle a message that she got too cute this season.

The problem with the OGs vs Newbies seating arrangement would be Nneka would be sitting on the same side with Wendy.  They could've had Candiace and Wendy swap places so Nneka would be in between them but that would've been awkward with Wendy yelling across Candiace at Nneka (or vice versa) so they switched Ashley and Nneka..

Based on the past week and seating chart, the 3 cast members who should be worried are Ashley, Robyn & Nneka.  Even though Robyn is in the same seating placement as Wendy, I doubt Andy would accompany Wendy & Candiace to the Kelly Clarkson show if their futures with the show were in serious jeopardy.  Karen, Mia & Gizelle aren't going anywhere either.

• Ashley hasn't had a real storyline in several seasons and Mia has the same storyline and life as her
  • Nneka's shrine & voodoo storyline was not well received and nobody cares about her unless she's slamming Wendy
  • Robyn should've had the blockbuster storyline of the season but it was the same ol same ol.  Cutting Robyn would actually help Robyn because would Juan stick around if she's not bringing home that BRAVO check? 
  • Cutting Ashley or Robyn or both will force Gizelle to get some Ack Right or force her to make some decisions about her future on the show.
  • Like 4
(edited)

Did Juan go to the reunion? If not, that should seal Robyn's fate on the show. She would be a great friend of the show. Give her flute to someone who wants to work with a husband who will show up to the reunion. Ashley likely got ate up by causing us to endure this stupid storyline between Nneka and Wendy. Demoting Robyn and firing Ashley (because Mia getting first chair is a sign to me that Mia can fill Ashley's messy role) will force Gizelle to work without someone other than Karen. At this point, Karen and maybe Mia are the only two who could hold an all cast where the whole cast would show up without incident. Robyn may sit out of Karen's event but she needs the check so the probability that she will be there is high. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Like 6

I don't want Nneka fired if everyone else gets to stay. If Nneka is fired, I want Ashley, Robyn or both fired with her. It would be unfair to pin the failures of the past few seasons on Nneka while everyone else gets to stay as main cast. If only Nneka is fired, the cast will coast again.  I'm actually fine with Nneka staying and them getting rid of Ashley and Robyn to see Regina operate without Karen & Gretchen.

I'm also fine with Ashley & Robyn being demoted to "Friends", firing Nneka, bumping up Keiarna to main cast status and adding a new cast member.

I think Ashley got ripped a new one for stirring up osu/witchcraft between Nneka & Wendy, got read about the lawsuit and got checked for other things she is about to do (if they show it).

• Like 6

I agree that Juan Dixon needs to show up for this reunion, take his lumps and declare his love for Robyn otherwise she will be better suited as a friend. 
Ashley can go. She shit stirs but as pointed out, Mia can always pick up the slack. The sun has set on her and her coochie sweat. 
Nneka may deserve another chance. I didn’t find her too interesting but maybe once her house is done she’ll be better. 

• Like 4

If Nneka stays, they cannot allow Gizelle to try make Nneka's husband's absence a main storyline next season. Absolutely not. The whole cast should ice Gizelle out if that happens.  

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

If Nneka stays, they cannot allow Gizelle to try make Nneka's husband's absence a main storyline next season. Absolutely not. The whole cast should ice Gizelle out if that happens.  

This show has been so boring and stale this season.

Except for stripper Mia who said she got a inheritance to imply she’s not a gold digger.

Im thinking she inherited a stripper pole and some large shoes.

• LOL 8
(edited)
On 1/21/2024 at 8:22 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Ooooh, they are at Laduree! I love their tea and some of the flavors of macarons! I have been to that Georgetown store (and in Paris), the manager is legit French, ooh, la, la! 

I geek out about any HW locations I have actually been to.

I live in DC and geek out when I recognize places, too. Karen and Rayvin have been filmed in a spa my friends own, and that new location of The Joint that Mia opened is just up the street from my home! I hadn't kept up with that season and when I saw it here in the neighborhood I wondered if it was one she owned. Then saw the episode and was bummed I hadn't known about the opening event so I could have wandered by the cameras. I would have given a little wave at y'all. 😉 

Sometimes the show gets so dull that I only watch for the B-roll of the various DMV* locations. 😁😂

*ETA: DMV is local's lingo for The District/Maryland/Virginia.
It caught on 10-12 years ago, but I still think "Department of Motor Vehicles". 

Edited by RedHawk
Clarification, although it's funnier without
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5