Type keyword(s) to search

RHoP In The Media: What's Going Down in the DMV

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Yes, Candiace was not fired. Robyn was and she's mad about it. Even the tone of the articles on BRAVO announcing their departures are different:

Candiace: "Candiace Dillard Basset is taking a "break" after 6 seasons as a wife. The singer, who joined the cast in Season 3, confirmed her departure in an exclusive to PEOPLE magazine."

Robyn: "Robyn Dixon is leaving RHOP.  She confirmed her departure from the series on April 15, one day after the 3 part RHOP reunion concluded."

Then Robyn's article spends a whole paragraph talking about Candiace leaving.

Robyn's article is about what happened in the past. Candiace's article talks about what she is doing in the future.

Candiace's article concludes with her thanking her fans.

Robyn's article reminds us Juan got fired and is still unemployed.  

If BRAVO fired Candiace, why would they care if she's now pregnant and write a whole article about it? Robyn could get pregnant today and BRAVO would 100% not care.

BRAVO is probably ringing Candiace's phone today to see if she would rejoin the show or talk about maybe doing a baby show.

I don’t know, Bravo lets most of the housewives say they are taking a break to let them save face. They usually leave it up to the housewife to admit they are fired. Robyn might have sour grapes but at least she was honest. I will say maybe there’s some truth to Candiace leaving on her own for the pregnancy. Someone needs to get a job though lol.

• Like 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Yes, Candiace was not fired. Robyn was and she's mad about it. Even the tone of the articles on BRAVO announcing their departures are different:

Candiace: "Candiace Dillard Basset is taking a "break" after 6 seasons as a wife. The singer, who joined the cast in Season 3, confirmed her departure in an exclusive to PEOPLE magazine."

Robyn: "Robyn Dixon is leaving RHOP.  She confirmed her departure from the series on April 15, one day after the 3 part RHOP reunion concluded."

Then Robyn's article spends a whole paragraph talking about Candiace leaving.

Robyn's article is about what happened in the past. Candiace's article talks about what she is doing in the future.

Candiace's article concludes with her thanking her fans.

Robyn's article reminds us Juan got fired and is still unemployed.  

If BRAVO fired Candiace, why would they care if she's now pregnant and write a whole article about it? Robyn could get pregnant today and BRAVO would 100% not care.

BRAVO is probably ringing Candiace's phone today to see if she would rejoin the show or talk about maybe doing a baby show.

Plus IF candance wanted to stay all she would have had to do was at the reunion announce her pregnancy .. there is no way bravo wouldnt have lept at the chance to document that

she was pregs at the reunuion ...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 5
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t know, Bravo lets most of the housewives say they are taking a break to let them save face. They usually leave it up to the housewife to admit they are fired. Robyn might have sour grapes but at least she was honest. I will say maybe there’s some truth to Candiace leaving on her own for the pregnancy. Someone needs to get a job though lol.

Doesn't Candiace have a reoccurring role on a tv show, or was that just part of a fever dream?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t know, Bravo lets most of the housewives say they are taking a break to let them save face. They usually leave it up to the housewife to admit they are fired. Robyn might have sour grapes but at least she was honest

It doesn't matter if Candiace was fired or not, that was not Robyn's story to tell. That's why Candiace was mad at Robyn in the first place: Robyn is too busy trying to tell other people's stories instead of telling her own.  If BRAVO did fire Candiace and is letting her save face, who is Robyn to say Candiace needs to be honest about being fired?

Further, I've also heard that Robyn is blaming her firing getting leaked* on Candiace.  But it was Robyn's blogger friend who confirmed her firing that same day on Twitter. 

Robyn is a clown ass clown at the fair and the carnival and the circus.  Too busy worrying about what other people have got going on instead of worrying about herself.  That's why she's jobless today and once Juan finds a new laundress, she's going to be manless too.

Robyn still taking potshots at Candiace after neither one of them will ever have to work with each other again shows if both of them had remained, there never would've been any resolution.

2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Doesn't Candiace have a reoccurring role on a tv show, or was that just part of a fever dream?

She's a series regular.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
20 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

That's why she's jobless today and once Juan finds a new laundress, she's going to be manless too.

I have a different take on it. I don't think Juan will leave her until after those boys are grown and up out of the house. He will just be less and less present until they are living separate lives under the same roof. When the boys leave, he will tell Robyn that he's out, and she will not understand why as she believes he'll slow/settle down as he ages, while he will do everything short of chewing off a limb to get out of there. This is a long, slow slide into Robyn's outside relationship matching the inside.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

I think Candiace left voluntarily. She was harassed constantly, pregnant and has plenty of irons in the fire. She also has a personality and a supportive husband. I mean, seriously, why would she stay?  Robyn, on the other hand, is married to someone whose previous employer chose to buy him out rather than reassign him and have to continue to put up with his surly ass. Not only does he seem to be unemployable at this point, he can barely stand to have a phone conversation with her. Robyn also has zero personality nor does she have the energy to pretend to have one. My guess is if either one of them is asked back to the show, or offered some kind of spin-off down the road, it will be Candiace.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

I have a different take on it. I don't think Juan will leave her until after those boys are grown and up out of the house. He will just be less and less present until they are living separate lives under the same roof. When the boys leave, he will tell Robyn that he's out, and she will not understand why as she believes he'll slow/settle down as he ages, while he will do everything short of chewing off a limb to get out of there. This is a long, slow slide into Robyn's outside relationship matching the inside.

Juan is smart enough to know that if he leaves, he'll be on the hook for child support. If he stays, he can stay jobless AND Robyn will continue to pay for everything. If only he was smart enough enough to know not to cheat in public, as well as to not leave literal and figurative receipts behind.....

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I think it’s a bit part on a show that’s not popular.  She probably won’t be singing much, not that it made her any money. With their mortgage , Chris’s child support and all the other bills, someone needs to bite the bullet and get a job. Unless Mama Dorothy is opening the purse again lol.

It doesn't matter if Candiace was fired or not, that was not Robyn's story to tell. That's why Candiace was mad at Robyn in the first place: Robyn is too busy trying to tell other people's stories instead of telling her own.  If BRAVO did fire Candiace and is letting her save face, who is Robyn to say Candiace needs to be honest about being fired?

Further, I've also heard that Robyn is blaming her firing getting leaked* on Candiace.  But it was Robyn's blogger friend who confirmed her firing that same day on Twitter. 

Robyn is a clown ass clown at the fair and the carnival and the circus.  Too busy worrying about what other people have got going on instead of worrying about herself.  That's why she's jobless today and once Juan finds a new laundress, she's going to be manless too.

Robyn still taking potshots at Candiace after neither one of them will ever have to work with each other again shows if both of them had remained, there never would've been any resolution.

She's a series regular.

When did Robyn out Candiace? All she said was that she wanted to wait until after the reunion to announce her departure and she did. She also admitted she was fired which most of them don’t do.
While her firing is her own fault, she didn’t want to expose whatever her and Juan have going on. I’m sure it wasn’t a surprise to her.

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

I think it’s a bit part on a show that’s not popular.  

I looked it up on IMDB. She's number 4 on the call sheet (Erica Mena is 3, so take that for what it's worth). Bottom line is that this job makes sure she stays in SAG and with health insurance.

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

I looked it up on IMDB. She's number 4 on the call sheet (Erica Mena is 3, so take that for what it's worth). Bottom line is that this job makes sure she stays in SAG and with health insurance.

Erica was fired and word on the street is the show will probably be canceled.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

When did Robyn out Candiace? All she said was that she wanted to wait until after the reunion to announce her departure and she did. She also admitted she was fired which most of them don’t do.
While her firing is her own fault, she didn’t want to expose whatever her and Juan have going on. I’m sure it wasn’t a surprise to her.

1. Robyn said she wanted to have respect for the network and wait until after all of the reunion had aired before announcing her departure.  That was a shot at Candiace because Candiace announced her news before the reunion aired.  

2. When Robyn said at least she's being honest about being fired unlike other people claiming they're stepping away and taking a break.  That was another shot at Candiace who mentioned in her statement she was stepping away and taking a break.

That's clown behavior from Robyn.  The girl is gone...Robyn never has to have anything to do with Candiace ever again.

I don't know. When I'm finished with someone, they literally do not exist to me again. Robyn made it clear to Candiace several times she wants nothing to do with her...why did she feel the need to take a potshot on the podcast? Just a silly sad clown.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
35 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

1. Robyn said she wanted to have respect for the network and wait until after all of the reunion had aired before announcing her departure.  That was a shot at Candiace because Candiace announced her news before the reunion aired.  

2. When Robyn said at least she's being honest about being fired unlike other people claiming they're stepping away and taking a break.  That was another shot at Candiace who mentioned in her statement she was stepping away and taking a break.

That's clown behavior from Robyn.  The girl is gone...Robyn never has to have anything to do with Candiace ever again.

I don't know. When I'm finished with someone, they literally do not exist to me again. Robyn made it clear to Candiace several times she wants nothing to do with her...why did she feel the need to take a potshot on the podcast? Just a silly sad clown.

That makes sense and it did occur to me that she was talking about Candiace. After Candiaces nasty posts about Robyn last year, a little vague dig is no biggie. I guess Robyn is clowning but no less than Candiace who has always had a lot to say about the cast. Unlike Gizelle, Robyn really liked Candiace at one time. She defended Chris Bassett. I think that’s why it still bothers Robyn. Like you said they probably will have nothing to do with each other again.  Both of them need to figure out their futures without Housewives.

(edited)
On 4/15/2024 at 4:22 PM, drivethroo said:

Candiace gave an interview to Entertainment Tonight along with the announcement: 

• Was told by production she needed to find a way to move forward.

If production told Candiace she needed a way to move forward, then they all agreed she would have to leave. 

As for Bravo saying that a HW is on pause, or on a break, it means that they were fired. But, a few who were on "pause" or fired were asked to return (Sheree from Atlanta, Dorinda from NY, Tamra from the OC, Jacqueline Laurita and Danielle Staub from NJ, Kim Richards is on and off Beverly Hills). But it's not Robyn's place to ask anybody else to be honest since she was not honest herself about a few issues.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, ZettaK said:

If production told Candiace she needed a way to move forward, then they all agreed she would have to leave. 

BRAVO had no intentions of firing Candiace. What they intended was production would talk to Candiace, tell her she needed to take responsibility for her role in Season 8 and come to a resolution with Gizelle and she would do it, because she had done it before.  

Production did talk to her and they also asked her not to go in on Gizelle & Robyn (per her ET interview)

She was receptive to that, which is why she was the first one to say she was willing to take responsibility and ownership of what she needed to own. Wendy, Mia & Karen followed. Gizelle & Robyn sat quiet and Gizelle said she was looking forward to the ownership.  That's because production told Gizelle that Candiace would be apologizing to her as a condition of moving forward with the show (and Gizelle told Robyn this)

When Candiace realized only she was to be held responsible & accountable and not Gizelle, she & Chris went back in that dressing room and decided time was up. She was about 7-8 weeks pregnant at that point and dealing with Gizelle & that production wasn't worth it. That's why when Gizelle barked at her to GET OUT! LEAVE! and Candiace replied "Oh I'm out."

If there was a part that made BRAVO say "we can't move forward with this current cast" it was probably the part where Candiace apologized...that Gizelle would weaponize her children.

So Candiace quit because she knew she would likely be fired for not apologizing to Gizelle for being upset about Gizelle lying on Candiace's husband and bullying her on set.

As for Robyn, I'll concede she was justified in taking a potshot at Candiace in her announcement. After all, Candiace did call her a fraud, went on multiple interviews and said she should be fired.  I'll give you that.

Robyn is still a clown ass circus clown because she's too busy telling somebody's else story instead of telling her own.  That's why she's unemployed today.

As for Candiace, I think she's pitching a baby show with another network.  That baby announcement was a little too professionally done to be done for the fun of it.  There's also a rumor she's moving to Atlanta and Chris already has a job lined up there.  That's just a rumor though.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
On 4/16/2024 at 12:13 PM, luckyroll3 said:

Juan is smart enough to know that if he leaves, he'll be on the hook for child support. If he stays, he can stay jobless AND Robyn will continue to pay for everything. If only he was smart enough enough to know not to cheat in public, as well as to not leave literal and figurative receipts behind.....

THIS!!!!

If Juan was smart, he would have played up his and Robyn's relationship for the cameras to keep that big howife check.

Juan is good-looking (just ask Michael) and Robyn had a regular girl vibe that would have played well with the viewers. He should have kept up the pretense and then done laundry on the side with whoever he wanted (we know Robyn is never going to say anything to him).

Robyn's parents are probably going to have to help pay some mortgage payments in the future if neither of them can get any more high-paying jobs.

• Like 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

This response cracked my ass up:

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 4.53.52 PM.png

Ladies and gentlemen... the internet has been won for the day!!!!

Edited by qtpye
  • LOL 5

I checked out this season. I didn't need that toxicity in my life. I hope Potomac comes back better. Much better.

More than the C/G/R saga, the Wendy/Nneka utter nonsense was the "I'm out" for me. Wendy is just so aggravating. She played coy + shady with Nneka for no good reason, and it went downhill, left and sideways from there. I wish she'd get a pink slip, too.

Mia? Major propers. Hoping for the best for her, Gordon and the family. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, drivethroo said:

BRAVO had no intentions of firing Candiace. What they intended was production would talk to Candiace, tell her she needed to take responsibility for her role in Season 8 and come to a resolution with Gizelle and she would do it, because she had done it before.  

Production did talk to her and they also asked her not to go in on Gizelle & Robyn (per her ET interview)

She was receptive to that, which is why she was the first one to say she was willing to take responsibility and ownership of what she needed to own. Wendy, Mia & Karen followed. Gizelle & Robyn sat quiet and Gizelle said she was looking forward to the ownership.  That's because production told Gizelle that Candiace would be apologizing to her as a condition of moving forward with the show (and Gizelle told Robyn this)

When Candiace realized only she was to be held responsible & accountable and not Gizelle, she & Chris went back in that dressing room and decided time was up. She was about 7-8 weeks pregnant at that point and dealing with Gizelle & that production wasn't worth it. That's why when Gizelle barked at her to GET OUT! LEAVE! and Candiace replied "Oh I'm out."

If there was a part that made BRAVO say "we can't move forward with this current cast" it was probably the part where Candiace apologized...that Gizelle would weaponize her children.

So Candiace quit because she knew she would likely be fired for not apologizing to Gizelle for being upset about Gizelle lying on Candiace's husband and bullying her on set.

As for Robyn, I'll concede she was justified in taking a potshot at Candiace in her announcement. After all, Candiace did call her a fraud, went on multiple interviews and said she should be fired.  I'll give you that.

Robyn is still a clown ass circus clown because she's too busy telling somebody's else story instead of telling her own.  That's why she's unemployed today.

As for Candiace, I think she's pitching a baby show with another network.  That baby announcement was a little too professionally done to be done for the fun of it.  There's also a rumor she's moving to Atlanta and Chris already has a job lined up there.  That's just a rumor though.

She should join RHOA! They need some new energy. Although they’re already filming so it wouldn’t be this coming season. 

3 hours ago, qtpye said:

THIS!!!!

If Juan was smart, he would have played up his and Robyn's relationship for the cameras to keep that big howife check.

Juan is good-looking (just ask Michael) and Robyn had a regular girl vibe that would have played well with the viewers. He should have kept up the pretense and then done laundry on the side with whoever he wanted (we know Robyn is never going to say anything to him).

Robyn's parents are probably going to have to help pay some mortgage payments in the future if neither of them can get any more high-paying jobs.

Amen! He should have been filming and at that reunion. 

• Like 2
On 4/17/2024 at 10:04 AM, drivethroo said:

It was obvious that Bravo wanted only Candiace to take responsibility because Andy Cohen asked her specifically at the reunion. So, she was forced to leave, or she was fired. 

• Like 2
(edited)
On 4/10/2024 at 6:53 PM, Chatty Cake said:

I heard another YouTuber say the same thing. She speculated it was due to the altercation that someone filmed and that it could've also been because Candiace's five-year contract was up and she wanted more money. Whatever the case, I do believe that most of them don't leave on their own even though they spin it that way. But I'm not sure what happened with Candiace, because at the Reunion she looked mentally checked out to me. 

I give Robyn some credit for being honest that she was fired. Too bad she couldn't also be honest about Juan's shenanigans, but perhaps that was too much for her. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, ZettaK said:

It was obvious that Bravo wanted only Candiace to take responsibility because Andy Cohen asked her specifically at the reunion. So, she was forced to leave, or she was fired. 

Andy didn't ask Candiace specifically, he asked everyone.  Everyone except the GEBs and Ashley said they were willing to take responsibility for their parts. Gizelle, Robyn & Ashley did not take responsibility nor feel the need to because they are protected by production*.

I do not believe Candiace was fired but if she was, she wins no matter which way you spin it.  She's no longer associated with a failing show and network/production/cast members will have to earn their checks a different way. She has other things going on.  Fired or not, she went out on top.

If the show continues to decline in Season 9 with the remaining cast, you can't blame Candiace or her antics on that.  Time for Gizelle, Ashley and the rest to grow up and start doing their jobs or go wherever Juan Dixon is.

*Robyn was NEVER wanted for the show, it was Gizelle who persuaded them to take Robyn and keep her on the show year after year.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 5
3 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I give Robyn some credit for being honest that she was fired. Too bad she couldn't also be honest about Juan's shenanigans, but perhaps that was too much for her. 

She got fired because she wasn’t honest, that’s the irony.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
Spoiler

If this is who I think it is, I'm not sure how to feel about it. I would hate to see GNA going after another young family.  But the lady in question does seem to be thirsty for fame. Also, good thing Robyn won't be there cuz I could see some Season 1 style conversations if true.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  Hide contents

If this is who I think it is, I'm not sure how to feel about it. I would hate to see GNA going after another young family.  But the lady in question does seem to be thirsty for fame. Also, good thing Robyn won't be there cuz I could see some Season 1 style conversations if true.

😃 Who do you think it is? Spill the tea!

• Like 4
14 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

😃 Who do you think it is? Spill the tea!

This sounded like Jeanette Reyes, who just left the morning news and has a cute young family.  She's been doing Tik Toks since she left the news.  But she said it's not her.

Allegedly it's this lady.  If true, Gizelle is either to love her to get GNA sold or she's going to hate her.  Family wise by appearance alone, she is a Candiace replacement.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

Stacey Rusch quit QVC recently, saying she was going to "focus on her family." This is an interesting way to focus 

From what I saw of her on QVC, she is very likeable and devoted to her daughter, Arabella. Her husband is European, I want to say German.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
On 4/27/2024 at 3:23 PM, drivethroo said:

This sounded like Jeanette Reyes, who just left the morning news and has a cute young family.  She's been doing Tik Toks since she left the news.  But she said it's not her.

Allegedly it's this lady.  If true, Gizelle is either to love her to get GNA sold or she's going to hate her.  Family wise by appearance alone, she is a Candiace replacement.

On 4/27/2024 at 7:48 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Stacey Rusch quit QVC recently, saying she was going to "focus on her family." This is an interesting way to focus 

From what I saw of her on QVC, she is very likeable and devoted to her daughter, Arabella. Her husband is European, I want to say German.

I can't find the video now, but Kempire on YouTube agreed with what you said---

We heard it here first! 😁

• Like 4