Type keyword(s) to search

RHoP In The Media: What's Going Down in the DMV

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Excellent point! That’s the sign of a good friend, too. Supports you publically (within reason) but calls you out in private. It seems the other two hosts are on Giselle’s side though. Nobody wants their hair grabbed. 😂

How many of their wigs would have withstood that dragging as well as Candace's?

No one wants to be snatched down to the wig cap on national TV.  Not a good look. 

Candace really needs to make lemons out of lemonade and sell a line of "drag proof" wigs and glue.  Think of all the Love and Hip Hop and Basketball Wives franchises she could sell to.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

How many of their wigs would have withstood that dragging as well as Candace's?

No one wants to be snatched down to the wig cap on national TV.  Not a good look. 

Candace really needs to make lemons out of lemonade and sell a line of "drag proof" wigs and glue.  Think of all the Love and Hip Hop and Basketball Wives franchises she could sell to.  

That is just what Candiace said in an interview on Bravo. She said she was really concerned about her wig coming off and the scene living on forever in gifs, memes, etc. LOL

• Love 4
15 hours ago, drivethroo said:

So let me get this straight: Monique has been giving interview after interview after interview about Candiace and the fight, but it's CANDIACE giving interviews that preventing them from moving on? Girl whut?

Monique wants to make sure she has a storyline next season.  The "Lazy Moms" podcast doesn't seem to be as interesting. 

Or, maybe she wants to secure a job on Basketball Wives since physical fighting is the norm on that show.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, qtpye said:

He loved Candiass's dress and I sort of hate it. Most of the ladies looked good except for Dr. Wendy, who seems to be going to prom in the 90's.

I'm also not a fan of Candiass' either. The bow is pretty damn distracting. I need to see her moving in it to get a better assessment than the static pics. I love Robyn's even is it's not the right yellow, and would like Monique's more without all the extra....the fit is amazing though.  And I kinda like Ashley's although I could have done with out the mosaic fabric detail on the underside; she should have went with a single color, like an emerald or turquoise to offset the jewel tone of her dress. The rest....they aren't awful, they just don't look amazing.

• Love 4

I like Monique's dress, then Karen, this Candiace in that order. As a whole, the cast did a good job. I don't even hate Gizelle's dress. Robyn throws it off because her yellow is off from the others. I go back and forth Wendy's dress. From this angle it looks like a no. In her solo shots it looks better. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I don't like any of those dresses. Why do they have to dress like they're going to a ball and in the same color? That is so stupid to me and I would rather see them in chic daytime attire or at most a cocktail dress. This is too much!

• Love 6

In order from best to worst:

1. Monique- Dress fits like a glove, but is understated in its thot-ish-ness. I could do without the choker collar, but overall I'd rate this an 8 out of 10
  2. Karen- She needs a darker foundation and a longer sleeve, but otherwise this is a great look. 8/10
  3. Gizelle - This isn't the most flattering angle for her, but the dress is non-controversial. She should not have gone with the long split as she needs to hide those cankles. 7/10
  4. Robin - I'm torn on her color choice. I think the yellow everyone else has would have completely washed her out, so I understand the deeper golden tone, but I don't think it works with her makeup and hair. She is a little monochrome. As with Gizelle, this is not a flattering angle, but she's far from the worst dressed in this bunch. 6/10
  5. Candace- I can't even tell about the dress because everything is swallowed up by that damn bow. When the bow is bigger than your head it is officially TOO LARGE. Its distracting and not flattering at all. 4/10
  6. Wendy - The dress has so much potential, but the up-down is too dramatic. She is serving Toddlers and Tiaras on top and Real Housewives on the bottom. Its just simply too extreme. Drop the top by about three inches and she'd jump up to 4th on this list. As it is, it just makes me wonder what she was thinking 3/10
  7. Ashley- Poor Ashley, she tries so hard but when she gets it wrong, it is all the way wrong. First, having that flap hanging over the whoo-ha of a pregnant woman is just wrong. It looks unfinished, or like she's afraid she might go into labor at the reunion and is giving herself an easy out. I like the intent of the color tone contrast, but the execution didn't work. The fabric also looks very cheap in photos. Like it was made by her mama, which it wasn't. Girl, you paid too much to come out looking this bad and whomever did this to you needs to be cut off forever 2/10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 11/18/2020 at 3:53 PM, qtpye said:

He loved Candiass's dress and I sort of hate it. Most of the ladies looked good except for Dr. Wendy, who seems to be going to prom in the 90's.

I love it!  Candace is young and beautiful and she tasks style risks.  I think she has a very definite point of view, kind of this 80's/90's look that sometimes gives me john hughes vibes and sometimes gives me Cher from Clueless vibes.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't (those ostrich heels were an ALL the way no).  

But this dress is very cute and its a risk.  Monique's dress is nice, but its safe.  

I think, by far, Ashley's is the worst and I don't understand it at all.  Maybe I need to see how it moves, but no.  If Monique is her friend she should have helped her out, because Monique looked great when she was pregnant at the reunion.  

Don't come @ me, but I think Wendy's culture is not particularly subtle, so the outfits are colorful and big and over the top.  I feel like I saw a lot of that shiny material at her party.  And I think thats fine, I get bored with reunion looks that are all the same.  Like if you're the type of person who likes big ass flashy dresses, lets do that.  BUT If thats the case, and she wanted to do that over the top, semi-quincinera, big party look it had to be like perfection.  Those straps at the shoulders, no.  The slit WITH the ruffles, no. That mullet skirt, no.  And that neckline, without a bra, at her age, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.  Actually, no at any age.  There is just so much going on.  I hope next year Wendy finds someone who can make her look unique, reflect her personality but dress her better than this.  

Having said that, I dont hate it as much as Ashley's.   

• Love 6
On 11/20/2020 at 5:46 PM, Rlb8031 said:

In order from best to worst:

1. Monique- Dress fits like a glove, but is understated in its thot-ish-ness. I could do without the choker collar, but overall I'd rate this an 8 out of 10
  2. Karen- She needs a darker foundation and a longer sleeve, but otherwise this is a great look. 8/10
  3. Gizelle - This isn't the most flattering angle for her, but the dress is non-controversial. She should not have gone with the long split as she needs to hide those cankles. 7/10
  4. Robin - I'm torn on her color choice. I think the yellow everyone else has would have completely washed her out, so I understand the deeper golden tone, but I don't think it works with her makeup and hair. She is a little monochrome. As with Gizelle, this is not a flattering angle, but she's far from the worst dressed in this bunch. 6/10
  5. Candace- I can't even tell about the dress because everything is swallowed up by that damn bow. When the bow is bigger than your head it is officially TOO LARGE. Its distracting and not flattering at all. 4/10
  6. Wendy - The dress has so much potential, but the up-down is too dramatic. She is serving Toddlers and Tiaras on top and Real Housewives on the bottom. Its just simply too extreme. Drop the top by about three inches and she'd jump up to 4th on this list. As it is, it just makes me wonder what she was thinking 3/10
  7. Ashley- Poor Ashley, she tries so hard but when she gets it wrong, it is all the way wrong. First, having that flap hanging over the whoo-ha of a pregnant woman is just wrong. It looks unfinished, or like she's afraid she might go into labor at the reunion and is giving herself an easy out. I like the intent of the color tone contrast, but the execution didn't work. The fabric also looks very cheap in photos. Like it was made by her mama, which it wasn't. Girl, you paid too much to come out looking this bad and whomever did this to you needs to be cut off forever 2/10

I  just watched an episode of The Crown, the queen was wearing a canary yellow gown, I thought she was heading off to the reunion, lol.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Well the latest update I saw actually named Jamal's girlfriend and showed a picture of her. It said the daughters know very well the relationship with Gizelle is fake, which is why they are acting so over it on the show. 

Why they would continue with this fake story when there are so many rumors about Jamal's multiple women is beyond me. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
On 12/6/2020 at 8:10 AM, Sweet-tea said:

Well the latest update I saw actually named Jamal's girlfriend and showed a picture of her. It said the daughters know very well the relationship with Gizelle is fake, which is why they are acting so over it on the show. 

Why they would continue with this fake story when there are so many rumors about Jamal's multiple women is beyond me. 

Yes, I don't get why it had to be a "relationship."  Why not have a storyline where Jamal is just a part of the family, a father to his children.  Gizelle isn't that great of an actress to sell this nonsense.

I think Karen and Ray are like Michael and Ashley, marriage of convenience.  

• Love 6
On 12/4/2020 at 7:26 PM, NowVoyager said:

36458502-9019435-image-m-15_1607109112118.jpg.94799129dfea668f46b6b8dab04d27be.jpg

The 3 part reunion will be socially distanced. This Sunday is the finale, with the reunion beginning December 13th.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9019435/Real-Housewives-Potomac-stars-hurl-barbed-comments-tense-teaser-clip-reunion-special.html

All of that yellow and fake hair is giving me a headache. Really hate that they wear gowns to these reunions and have never understood why.

• Love 3
On 12/4/2020 at 10:16 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I  just watched an episode of The Crown, the queen was wearing a canary yellow gown, I thought she was heading off to the reunion, lol.

I wish she would!  No one can read and shade like Queen Elizabeth!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, RealReality said:

Has anyone been able to get an Embellished Cap?  I want to know what my chances are that Robyn will restock so I can buy it for a Christmas gift?  Help me help you to pay that tax bill robyn!

I really want to like Robyn better because she has so many redeeming qualities(her partygirl  dancing this season has won me over), but homegirl strikes me as every bit as lazy/unmotivated as she is completely dickmatized by Juan. This whole cap business of hers is likely very fleeting(just like her bright idea to go onto the house-flipping business), but I hope I’m wrong.

• Love 8
On 12/8/2020 at 8:14 PM, Neurochick said:

I agree totally with his views on Candiace re; the dichotomy between her behavior vis-a-vie Monique and her behavior towards Michael. "I'm not buying the bullshit. Its straight up bullshit. WTF with "I wish you m*(#$@f*!&^ing would". Well, the last time you wished some would, they did and you ended up on potions, pills and sticky notes. I'm baffled, I'm just baffled."

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

So much for getting fired.

I heard they do not fire you but offer you such a crappy contract that you turn it down. Maybe that is what they are doing to Monique but she is not turning it down because she already has plenty of money through Chris?

I think that's giving Bravo too much credit, they probably offered her even more money. For Candiace's sake, I do hope she was either fired or she chooses not come back. 

If Ashley and her husband come back I will definitely stop watching.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, charliesan said:

I think that's giving Bravo too much credit, they probably offered her even more money. For Candiace's sake, I do hope she was either fired or she chooses not come back. 

If Ashley and her husband come back I will definitely stop watching.  

I am about ready to stop watching Bravo altogether.  Since Discovery is going to have an app, there might not be a reason to have cable at all.

• Love 4
On 12/24/2020 at 10:39 PM, qtpye said:

So much for getting fired.

I heard they do not fire you but offer you such a crappy contract that you turn it down. Maybe that is what they are doing to Monique but she is not turning it down because she already has plenty of money through Chris?

21 hours ago, charliesan said:

They can't fire Monique because they didn't fire Porsha, Nene or the NJ cast and they still have Michael (who has repeatedly sexually harassed/assaulted the crew) appearing.

They can't fire Candiace and keep Monique because that wouldn't be a good look to fire the victim of an attack but keep the attacker.

What they should to is get rid of both Candiace and Monique.

What they should do is, if they can't get rid of Monique, demote her to FOH, and that would solve the problem of 2/3 of the cast not wanting to film with her.

What they will do is keep Monique (and Candiace) on as a full time Housewife, let all the cast members know they are expected to film with Monique and if Gizelle and Candiace have a problem with it, they are free to pursue other endeavors.

They also can't fire Ashley because she's the one cast member that's on Team Monique that the GEB + Wendy will film with.  Ashley's job next season is going to be facilitating the group scenes.  If filming allegedly starts in January and Ashley is due in February, that's a perfect time to throw a baby shower for Ashley with the cast (minus Candiace) in attendance.

Charrisse should be brought back as a FOH since she's as involved in this drama as the full cast members.  Charrisse was also in every group party scene this season (Candiace's party, Ashley's sip n see, Wendy's sip n see, Robyn's party).

I personally think Monique should be fired.  But money talks and Monique brings in the drama and the viewers.  BRAVO would be a fool to fire her right now.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, drivethroo said:

They can't fire Monique because they didn't fire Porsha, Nene or the NJ cast and they still have Michael (who has repeatedly sexually harassed/assaulted the crew) appearing.

One of these days a RH cast member (or their spouse), is going to take things too far that Bravo could end up facing serious legal consequences if they don’t address the problems. I first thought too far was Nene assaulting a camera man, then I thought it would be Monique’s physical attack on Candiace along with her having to be restrained by production to go for round two. 

• Love 4

The current rumor is that everyone received a contract except Dr. Wendy. I see that Dr. Wendy is pretty polarizing on social media. I can't see Bravo letting her go though. I don't think it's fair to judge Wendy based on this season that was wacky for all kinds of reasons. I think that the potential for Wendy's story is great: changing careers, growing family, and the lack of communication on her husband's side. I think it would be a mistake to let her go after one season, especially after the train wreck that was season 5. Of course it is just a rumor. Cynthia (from RHOA) has been fired via social media for years now and keeps coming back, so who knows?

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I've heard the same about Wendy. Producers have put out feelers in the DMV for new blood. I heard about the producers looking before I heard that Wendy was out, so I was speculating about other cast members.

Exactly, I heard they were looking for new blood too. I thought maybe they would come in as friends, and I was also speculating about other cast members. I actually thought Wendy was safe. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 2

Because the bloggers are so pro-one cast member, I take whatever they say with a grain of salt.  These bloggers were the same ones who claimed Candiace threw a drink in Monique's face and that's what started the fight.

I will say I think Wendy was brought in to be either Candiace or Monique's replacement and if the show is keeping both Candiace and Monique, Wendy isn't needed.

Wendy will be ok if she's not asked back because she has things going on outside of the show and Monique and her team of bloggers will probably go after Wendy next.

I first thought too far was Nene assaulting a camera man, then I thought it would be Monique’s physical attack on Candiace along with her having to be restrained by production to go for round two. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Monique (and/or Michael Darby) threatened BRAVO with legal action if they aren't given a contract because of their behavior when the channel allows Nene, Porsha (multiple times) and the NJ Cast (didn't they tear up a beauty salon) to keep their jobs.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 3

Now it's being said that Wendy has confirmed that she has received a contract. I'm just going to wait for the trailer and cast photo to drop at this point. I could use a Potomac break. Bravo is a rare network that has made a show work in this area so they will do what's necessary to keep it going. I think it's interesting though that in recent interviews/WWHL Wendy doesn't seem as strong on her stances as she does in the  show, this last WWHL in particular. I'm interested in her dynamic with the group past this particular season. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Monique just quit on IG Live. Said she’s putting her family first and they’re out.

This is the smartest thing she has done in a long time. 

It does make me think they gave her a shitty contract but leaving the show is a good move on her part.  She has a blessed life and she does not need to be showing her ass on a reality show.

• Love 5

I don't think I'll watch without Monique. Gizelle and Robin are phonies and boring, and the only reason they went after Monique is because she called them out.  Candiace is too twisted, and the new wife is sort of boring.

I like Ashley and Kareyn despite their messed up husbands.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Monique just quit on IG Live. Said she’s putting her family first and they’re out.

For some reason, I don't beleive this.  She's probably holding out for more money. 💲

How many years did I read that Nene wasn't coming back, only to have her return until she didn't.

I laugh at how everytime a person quits a job they always use the "family first" comment.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
On 12/25/2020 at 4:22 PM, Neurochick said:

I am about ready to stop watching Bravo altogether.  Since Discovery is going to have an app, there might not be a reason to have cable at all.

For me too much of this season was taken up with the stupid fight and its aftermath. I'm several episodes behind and when I watch after 20 mins or so it becomes mostly noise in the background. I realize I've lost interest and rewind, then lose interest again. The reunions are even worse so I doubt I'll watch three hours of screeching and blaming. I find Karen and Robyn entertaining and I'd keep watching Candiace to see what happens with her career and marriage. Ashley and her marriage also intrigue me. Don't care about DR. Wendy, Gizelle, or Monique so wouldn't miss them at all.  

Next month I'm pausing Sling for a while because most "cable" channels are boring. I mostly use Sling for CNN and Bravo, and now Bravo shows have gotten so bad that after I finish this season of "Potomac" and "Southern Charm" I'm done with the whole network. Will see if either show is worth watching many months (Fall 2021?) from now when/if the next seasons air.

This has to be Chris' doing. I'm speculating that Charisse is coming back, and that did it. The Samuels brand has been tarnished and Chris wont tolerate it. Also, I think the Samuels wore out their welcome at Bravo, and Monique quit before she was shoved.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 4

Monique talks about her decision to leave RHOP.

(I watched so you don't have to -- it's 2 hours long)

• Long & short of it, she didn't like how she was depicted in Reunion Part 3
  • Says her kids wouldn't have respected her if she went back
  • Says she got a contract but there is a clause in the contract where you can be dropped down to a friend
  • Says she was tired of the gaslighting and being constantly held accountable while people like Gizelle and 'that person' weren't
  • Claims Candiace was talking about her child but the producers wouldn't show it
  • Says BRAVO/production booked her and her team at a raggedy hotel instead of the hotel where everyone else was staying.  Only found out because she spoke to Karen.
  • Claims the producers don't want to see a happy black family on TV (my not to Monique: Happy black families try not to go on reality tv).
  • Says she lost out on 3 episodes of pay because she wasn't in those episodes even though she was filming
  • Discusses Candiace's IG Live where Candiace discussed the "plot."  Says Candiace never told her anything about that dinner & that Karen told her Gizelle was plotting on the baby
  • Still not happy Candiace never gave her a heads up about Charisse coming to the party
  • Tired of Candiace's crying and victim act
  • Claims she had nothing to do with bloggers being on her side
  • Says "that person" is very nasty on social media so why is she getting the blame
  • Still mad about the firepit / Candiace-Gizelle-Ashley powwow
  • Claims Candiace wanted millions from Monique; because Monique wouldn't give her millions, that's why she filed charges
  • Says Candiace chose to keep proceeding instead of walking away, so what happened, happened
  • Says there was a lot of theatrics going on one moment, trash talking the next
  • Says Candiace & Chris were acting like there was never a plot & Monique & Chris S. were making it up for TV when she & Chris S. could've brought it to TV 2 years ago
  • Says the cast must've all gathered together to gaslight Monique about the plot
  • Says Chris apologized to Robyn & Juan, Karen & Ray, Candiace & Chris for his behavior and offered an apology to Gizelle also (through Robyn) and says when he saw Charrisse he apologized to her too in the Safeway
  • Says when Chris saw Charrisse in Safeway he apologized for the Bruce Jenner comments but then told her what she did was jacked up and foul
  • Says the only way Gizelle can have a man on stage with her is to pay for him
  • Shades Gizelle's neck and ankles
  • Gives advice to Gizelle about how to find and keep a man
  • Claims she read Gizelle for 20 minutes but it wasn't shown
  • Says she will not make up with Candiace, Candiace has too many problems, if you claim to be bullied on social media then you should put down the phone
  • Says when Karen read her Candiace's "burn in hell" text, she felt like going for Round 2 with Candiace
  • Claims Candiace's violent ways is another reason she asked to be let out of her contract, says she doesn't feel comfortable around Candiace
  • Hopes Karen will release Candiace's texts so everyone can see what Candiace is all about
  • Says Wendy needs to protect herself & her family and Chris gave Eddie some advice about the show. Says Wendy needs to set boundaries and not let things fester or let people talk about her in their confessionals but not to her
  • Says the women don't know how she grew up because they never asked, says she grew up in a nice environment, 2 parent home, father pulled down a nice income
  • Says Candiace needs to grow up
  • Says if Gizelle were ever going to be held accountable by the show, it would've happened at the reunion and it didn't
  • Says Robyn is Gizelle's asset
  • Thanks everyone for their support and says she will still live in Potomac, she just won't be on Potomac

My thoughts is the producers felt she & her husband hid that camera footage of Kickback Jack feeling on the cameraman's booty and Season 5 was punishment for that.

She's not sorry so Candiace was correct in not accepting her apology. That little apology last night was fake.

Candiace is volatile, so I can appreciate her not wanting to be around that.  You avoid those type of people, you don't fight them

Chris did go off on Charrisse at the Safeway

I think she saw the writing on the wall with the hotel incident and last night's episode that she was going to be the punching bag for Season 6 and since she doesn't need the money she chose to walk away

Many times when you have these toxic and angry situations, nothing is going to get resolved until one of the two people are removed from the situation.  So, Monique is gone now.  If Candiace continues to act up in Season 6, get rid of her next.

And I will agree with Monique, if the social media comments are so traumatizing and triggering, put the phone down.  Candiace and her family were attacked by the bloggers online, I will not minimize that.  BUT Candiace brings a lot of the online abuse on herself because people go at her knowing she will clap back at them.  It's not just her being nasty for no reason.  So she does need to put her phone down & turn her social media over to professionals.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6