Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E17: Jesus, the Countess and Joseph

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/27/2019 at 9:27 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

I’m sorry but I love Barbra for that she really can’t sing ding .... cause she really can’t sing 

I totally agree with that! Maybe she can be the truth teller. At least let Sonja and Ramona know that they are not sexy young things anymore and that horny Grandma is not a good look.

Edited by langford peel
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

Gang up on a HW, make an accusation against her, and then call her a liar when she denies the accusation - I wonder where Dorinda and company got that idea?

If someone ends up rolling around on the floor in agony after accidently eating soup with a fish-based broth, but then later they knowingly and willingly eat soup with a fish-based broth, then I'm going to assume they were looking to have a reaction.

Also, someone who documents their every fart on SM doesn't post a pic from a two-day hospital stay?

giphy.gif

On 6/28/2019 at 12:56 PM, 65mickey said:

She [Carole] appeared with a group of women several months ago where they showed these toys and talked rather graphically about their sex practices. How the mighty have fallen.

She didn't fall that far, considering her former co-workers are getting on their hands and knees to scramble for rubbers and pocket rockets.

On 6/28/2019 at 4:20 PM, QuinnM said:

She said on air that she wouldn't say yes.

She also said on air that she and Dennis had a private engagement party, which would mean that she did say yes.

Edited by gritz
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Rahul said:

Hate to be crass here but Noel's mustache looks like he was the recipient of a Dirty Sanchez.

Proof positive that the only attractive thing about Lydia is her hair.

Just no Noel.  You look like a giant douchebag.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Watching the episode again.  When Bethenny was in bed with the after affects of her allergic reaction, instead of hugging the housekeeper, why didn’t she just call Jason to have Brynn come over for comfort? I know Brynn can’t be filmed, but she could have said Bryn was in another room and was there to help her feel better instead of the help.  She didn’t have to be alone.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Watching the episode again.  When Bethenny was in bed with the after affects of her allergic reaction, instead of hugging the housekeeper, why didn’t she just call Jason to have Brynn come over for comfort? I know Brynn can’t be filmed, but she could have said Bryn was in another room and was there to help her feel better instead of the help.  She didn’t have to be alone.

Bethenney call Jason?? To ask a favor from him??? 

Am I the only one giggling picturing that phone call?

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Ellee said:

It’s not a favor.  She’s her Mother, and there comes a time when in certain situations, humanity has to come in, even if it was Jason, and there will be times to come.

21 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

It’s not a favor.  She’s her Mother, and there comes a time when in certain situations, humanity has to come in, even if it was Jason, and there will be times to come.

So true for most couples.  This twosome is bound and determined to make life he// no matter what.  I called it a favor simply because it must have been Jason’s time to have Brynn.  

Regardless, Bethenny wouldn’t giver her time up with Brynn nor Jason for Bethenny.  

It is what it is. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Jason would be a fool to agree. Their time with their daughter is apportioned by the court and they should strictly follow the court ordered schedule.

Otherwise Bethenny would be “about to die” every other day. 

Bethenny would never agree if the shoe was on the other foot.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Because Jason is a SOB and never, ever would have allowed it.   

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Because Jason is a SOB and never, ever would have allowed it.   

They have agreed that Brynn is not going to be filmed for the show but he should drop that so his ex can have a staged scene of her hugging her? Her allergy attack happened a few days before the housekeeper hug scene in Boston so it’s likely that she had seen Brynn since it happened. 

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They have agreed that Brynn is not going to be filmed for the show but he should drop that so his ex can have a staged scene of her hugging her? Her allergy attack happened a few days before the housekeeper hug scene in Boston so it’s likely that she had seen Brynn since it happened. 

Nope.   I never said Bryn should be filmed and neither did Bethenny.  It was mentioned by @Gem 10 and was just about Bethenny needing a hug and being alone. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Nope.   I never said Bryn should be filmed and neither did Bethenny.  It was mentioned by @Gem 10 and was just about Bethenny needing a hug and being alone. 

The original quote was about the scene with the housekeeper and how it should have been Brynn there is no indication that Brynn hadn’t seen her mother since it happened so presumably Brynn did hug her so I don’t understand how it comes as something Jason is too petty to allow to happen.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Watching the episode again.  When Bethenny was in bed with the after affects of her allergic reaction, instead of hugging the housekeeper, why didn’t she just call Jason to have Brynn come over for comfort?

5 hours ago, Ellee said:

5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The original quote was about the scene with the housekeeper and how it should have been Brynn there is no indication that Brynn hadn’t seen her mother since it happened so presumably Brynn did hug her so I don’t understand how it comes as something Jason is too petty to allow to happen.

I was responding to the question @GEM 10 posed in her post (above)

(edited)
On 6/28/2019 at 11:14 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I don’t think that Lu really wanted to see the ladies at her show. It was a means of getting the cameras there. Especially the set up where the women were waiting to see her backstage and we conveniently held in front of her statement necklace line.

Lol on Sonja for having no shame and helping herself to whatever she can get. 

The ladies should have sent some flowers to Tins on the loss of her dog. She is always bringing them flowers so you know that she thinks that they are a good gift choice. 

The ladies seem jealous of the way that Tinsley dresses. She is the best dressed of the bunch. 

Ramona dealt a low blow having her party at the same time as Lu’s show. Who were half of those people? Sonja said “Oh good, she invited some of my friends”. I’m sure the ladies were grateful not to have to sit through another Jovani act. The singing from Lu was horrible. 

Bethenny is always in disaster mode. Many of which could be avoided by carrying feminine products and an Epi Pen. Poor Brynn. I’m sure that little girl lives on eggshells (walking around those parents). 

Barbara...bye. 

I don’t think Dorinda is ever totally sober or straight. 

Can you imagine if Dorinda's beloved pet died and somebody didn't send her a condolence card and gift?  She'd snap their head off on sight and use it for a bowling ball.

On occasion, Tinsley has bemoaned the fact that the other HWs treat her like the annoying kid sister.  And I agree wholeheartedly that she is the best dressed on the show.  She chooses flattering pieces, always looks put together, and is unfailingly polite to everyone.

I don't understand why she gets so much flack

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 16
On 6/28/2019 at 12:23 PM, Thisgirllovespasta said:

This is so true. My friend was dating a widow. He winded up breaking it off with her. He said he couldn't compete with a ghost.

Probably a common story with widows/widowers.  But Richard has been dead longer than the damn marriage existed (or maybe it only seems that way).

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

Probably a common story with widows/widowers.  But Richard has been dead longer than the damn marriage existed (or maybe it only seems that way).

It’s accurate she has now dated John longer than she was with Richard.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I am not sure it's worth arguing about Bethenny and Jason over a hypothetical that didn't take place.

Forgive me if this has already been answered, by why doesn't Beth carry an epi-pen? Given that she's been surprised a couple of times now with fish products, I would think that she would have one on her at all times as a precaution. 

• Love 6
On 7/1/2019 at 6:10 AM, Gem 10 said:

Why would Dorinda need coke?  Because of Richard and her miserable life?  Yes, she was jacked up in Miami mixing that drink.  Isn’t that deadly to mix coke & booze?

Back in the '80s, boozers would use coke a lot so that they could drink more.  The upper that cocaine is balances out the downer that is booze.  It's downers and downers together (booze and painkillers for example) that are lethal.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

You are right.  Like I said before, Richard was somebody who knew influential people and she misses that life.  All John can give her is clean clothes.  She wasn’t married that long to experience ups and downs.  It was always ups.  I read her story.  She was always floating around nice places.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Tinsley has made quite the turnaround with her outfits since her first season on the show when she was dressing like a little girl with her bouncy flouncy dresses and curls. She looked like a grown up contestant from Toddlers and Tiaras. 

Nice to see her looking stylish and chic. Now if she could just get her life straightened out...

• Love 16
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I am not sure it's worth arguing about Bethenny and Jason over a hypothetical that didn't take place.

Forgive me if this has already been answered, by why doesn't Beth carry an epi-pen? Given that she's been surprised a couple of times now with fish products, I would think that she would have one on her at all times as a precaution. 

There are a million of things to eat.  Why she picks food that even MIGHT contain a fish molecule is beyond me.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

I think the same could also be said about Sonja’s marriage.  She has been divorced longer than she has been married, but hasn’t moved an inch.  Still claiming the family crest and all that.  Sad.

• Love 18
On 6/28/2019 at 12:56 PM, 65mickey said:

Carole represents a company that sells sex toys on Evine Live Shopping channel. They have a show called Evine after dark where they sell these items. She appeared with a group of women several months ago where they showed these toys and talked rather graphically about their sex practices. How the mighty have fallen. 

Princess my ass.  But then again, she’s very hep.  So she thinks.  Why doesn’t she hawk Depends ?

• LOL 4
19 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Tinsley has made quite the turnaround with her outfits since her first season on the show when she was dressing like a little girl with her bouncy flouncy dresses and curls. She looked like a grown up contestant from Toddlers and Tiaras. 

Nice to see her looking stylish and chic. Now if she could just get her life straightened out...

One season at at time, but at least she is beginning to move forward in the right direction. 

• Love 4
On 6/28/2019 at 2:23 PM, Thisgirllovespasta said:

This is so true. My friend was dating a widow. He winded up breaking it off with her. He said he couldn't compete with a ghost.

Ariana Grande has a song about this on her last album called "ghostin" (ostensibly to Pete Davidson about Mac Miller). Like Sonja, I think Dorinda is also mourning the life she had. When she was on Wendy Williams a few years ago, she said she was a single mom for a long time and then "Mrs. Medley" and she has to figure out who just Dorinda is. In the good old days when the HW's blogged, Carole wrote that Dorinda "is still in it". I think Sutton Place will be good for her as she can make NEW memories there.

I'm bummed this was a shorter season. I think it's consistently one of the funniest and most fascinating shows on TV, in part because the ladies aren't manufactured, which may be why some of them took some umbrage with the idea that Tinsley is still with Scott.

• Love 7
On 7/6/2019 at 4:53 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Because you have to be prescribed an epi-pen.  Her allergy escalated in severity and previously it was manageable without the epi-pen.  Sometimes drs will decide that you don't need an epi-pen until you hit an anaphalactic response, others will judge an escalating response or a more serious reaction and prescribe it just in case.  But if you don't have a prescription for it, you can't just go get one.  

• Love 4
(edited)
25 minutes ago, smores said:

Because you have to be prescribed an epi-pen.  Her allergy escalated in severity and previously it was manageable without the epi-pen.  Sometimes drs will decide that you don't need an epi-pen until you hit an anaphalactic response, others will judge an escalating response or a more serious reaction and prescribe it just in case.  But if you don't have a prescription for it, you can't just go get one.  

I have difficulty believing a doctor wouldn’t have prescribed her one. I have a mild reaction to shrimp and my doctor insisted I have one because you can’t tell when it increases. B has said she has had reactions all her life that were severe. But then again she also says that miso soup isn’t normally made with fish as part of it even though dried fish is literally the basis for dashi one of miso soups main component so she isn’t a reliable narrator.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9

I'm allergic to a whole bunch of things, allergies that developed later in life and have gotten increasingly more severe and difficult to treat.  But I haven't been given an epi-pen.  The list of things I have to avoid (or try to, as some aren't entirely possible), grows each year, but thus far none of the drs I have seen for my allergies have brought up an epi-pen. 

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, smores said:

I'm allergic to a whole bunch of things, allergies that developed later in life and have gotten increasingly more severe and difficult to treat.  But I haven't been given an epi-pen.  The list of things I have to avoid (or try to, as some aren't entirely possible), grows each year, but thus far none of the drs I have seen for my allergies have brought up an epi-pen. 

But this hasn’t developed later in life according to B it’s been severe since she was a child:

Frankel tweeted some clarification this week about her allergy, posting, “I am allergic to fish NOT shellfish & I carry TWO epi pens. I was born w this allergy & almost died as a child 2x but thought it improved. I never understood that I’m DEATHLY allergic until I almost died. The rxns were bad but I didn’t understand the risks. #wakeupcall.”

so she also clearly has a prescription for an epipen. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

If you are a billionaire you can’t just go purchase one (an epi pen)?   

Not without a prescription. Which she has so it's kind of a moot point but still. They're prescription only. 

I've got the same exact allergy as Beth (along with a ton of others) and I'm SUPER careful but still get cross contaminated every now and then. It sucks but it happens. I'd never think Miso would have fish in it, as I generally consider it to be a vegetarian choice. I'd have done exactly what she did except my husband would have given me my epi-pen when I stopped breathing as he was calling 911. Epi-pen use isn't the "end" of the situation, it's just supposed to keep you alive until you can get the other antihistamines in your system. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I'm a vegetarian and order Miso all the time. That said, I always make sure it's a vegetarian version, though that's more habit - I do it with most food. With miso-based soups, it's pretty much always notated as (V) or not. She's probably had vegetarian miso in NYC hundreds of times and maybe not realized? 

I remember her saying on Twitter that she was getting an epipen after the plane situation. Maybe it wasn't on hand? Which is stupid. But definitely happens. I miss the rapid melt Benadryl which I kept with me for these exact type of situations. Not sure what happened to it, but it was great. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, smores said:

I am aware that you have to have a prescription. My mother has one, though she has never actually gone into anaphylaxis (thankfully), but she is also very careful about making sure her food doesn't include anything she's allergic to. 

13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

so she also clearly has a prescription for an epipen. 

Okay, well, it's good to know she has an epipen, but it sounds like she needs to be more careful about checking her food and to listen to her body when its clear she is having a reaction. 

• Love 7
(edited)

You know you don't have to wait for a Dr. to bring up stuff. People are allowed to asked to be prescribed medication they feel they may be in need of. Not saying that Drs. would automatically comply but the notion that the only way you can get a prescription is by waiting for a Dr. to decide to give you one is such a dangerous misconception. 

It's been confirmed that Beth actually has a prescription but before we got that confirmation there was enough in Beth's history to expect Beth to have one even if it was by REQUEST. Hell I know I would have been nagging my Dr. for a prescription by that point.  Of course its Drs. discretion but I can't imagine having to fight that desperately to get a Dr. to prescribe one especially if you are someone like Beth and had enough history of allergic reactions to throw at your Dr. 

So I guess that's why people were wondering why on earth Beth didn't have a pen. Regardless of the "red tape" involved someone in her circumstances should have locked down a prescription at that point. And she has confirmed it which means, she's A) a dope for not being more careful in what she consumes and B) more of a dope for not having her Epi Pen available. 

It's either that or her allergic reactions aren't that life threatening and she's exaggerating as usual which would explain her carelessness in food choices and not having her Epi pen at the ready. Just sayin'

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 10

I think Lu has a qualification to find a man when she runs out of money or the show gets cancelled.    She's aging well (if she stays off the booze) AND she was a nurse.    With her former Countess-ness, she could probably find an old guy with plenty of $$ who wants someone to take care of him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/2/2019 at 2:01 AM, Happy Camper said:

Fast forward Bryn's 21st birthday party. Beth will be throwing a Bryn and Gyn party! 

Not if Jason is alive.  Those two will fight to the death until Bryn gets married.  Then maybe over the Grandchild, LOL.  I could just see it now.  “I give the bottle first” .. “No, i give the bottle first”.  Then so on. and so on.

• Love 4

Fast forward Bryn's 21st birthday party. Beth will be throwing a Bryn and Gyn party! 

Not if Jason is alive.  Those two will fight to the death until Bryn gets married.  Then maybe over the Grandchild, LOL.  I could just see it now.  “I give the bottle first” .. “No, i give the bottle first”.  Then so on. and so on.

Cannot wait for the Reunion.  It better be this week.

10 minutes ago, izabella said:

Comcast says the Reunion Part 1 is on Thursday this week.

Thank you.  I just looked at Thursday and saw it too.  Can’t keep up.

• Love 2
On 7/7/2019 at 2:27 PM, JakeyJokes said:

Ariana Grande has a song about this on her last album called "ghostin" (ostensibly to Pete Davidson about Mac Miller). Like Sonja, I think Dorinda is also mourning the life she had.  

I am a major Ariana Grande fan, and I love to see a reference to a deep track!  I have actually thought about Ghostin before too, but with regard to Bethenny.  The chorus with the line, "I'm a girl with a whole lot of baggage" (Ariana sings it so much better than I can write it, and when AG sings that "he (her dead ex) comes to visits [her] when [she's] dreaming now and then," as if it's normal when she's sleeping in bed with her boyfriend is so Bethenny to me.

Anyone want to put money on the idea that if Andy asks Bethenny at the reunion why she doesn't carry around an epi-pen (which are super easy to get in NY), that Bethenny will go on a manic cryfest, something to the tune of: sniffle, sniffle, tears, looking upwards, speaking as fast as the Micromachine Man, "I mean, Andy, I'm just dealing with so much, with Brynn, with a business, with Dennis,". (picking up speed here) "I mean he didn't have Narcon on hand, I didn't have an epi-pen, was it meant to be I don't know I mean whattaya gonna do--people happen, life happens I'm not sure if it means something, but Dennis was my person and neither of us carried our life-saving meds and..." trailing off into hysterics, whierein every single Housewife is emotionally blackmailed into awkwardly hugging her in evening gowns.  

Any takers?

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

"I mean, Andy, I'm just dealing with so much, with Brynn, with a business, with Dennis,". (picking up speed here) "I mean he didn't have Narcon on hand, I didn't have an epi-pen, was it meant to be I don't know I mean whattaya gonna do--people happen, life happens I'm not sure if it means something, but Dennis was my person and neither of us carried our life-saving meds and..."

....trailing off into hysterics, whierein every single Housewife is emotionally blackmailed into awkwardly hugging her in evening gowns.  

My mind just read that in BeTheMe's voice and it made me LOL.

Second part....Definitely Betheme' goals.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Not if Jason is alive.

Hopefully Jason will be alive to prevent such a shit show for poor Bryn.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Bethenny will go on a manic cryfest, something to the tune of: sniffle, sniffle, tears, looking upwards, speaking as fast as the Micromachine Man, "I mean, Andy, I'm just dealing with so much, with Brynn, with a business, with Dennis,". (picking up speed here) "I mean he didn't have Narcon on hand, I didn't have an epi-pen, was it meant to be I don't know I mean whattaya gonna do--people happen, life happens I'm not sure if it means something, but Dennis was my person and neither of us carried our life-saving meds and..." trailing off into hysterics, wherein every single Housewife is emotionally blackmailed into awkwardly hugging her in evening gowns.  

...take a bow, Madam! 

go team applause GIF by Molang

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/6/2019 at 4:53 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

She has answered this on insta.  She has had this allergy her whole life.  It initially was worse when she was young.  Then as she aged the times she accidently had fish or was in a room where there was a lot of fish prepped (this is an airborne allergy) she would have mild or no reaction.  So she was blithely thinking it was not as severe.  This was also what doctors had said since people do age in and out of allergies.  Then she had a couple of bad reactions and was going to ask at her next appointment.  She waited too long.  

So she now does carry 2 epi-pens.  She takes no chances.  She does trust certain restaurants when they tell her no fish in the soup but does not trust new restaurants.  Her biggest problem is the fact that it is airborne and planes can mean a problem since they don't have fresh air.

edited to add:  Dennis had and received not one but 2 doses of Narcon.  At least that's what his assistant claimed.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 1

I noticed that Frankel does order shellfish dishes in restaurants fairly often. In my opinion, she should avoid shellfish dishes, too, from now on, if her fish allergy is indeed as life-threatening as she claims. I just suspect that the risk is greater. Someone is more likely to use something fish-based with a lobster or crab dish. Or more likely to stir it with a utensil that was also used with something fish-based.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I noticed that Frankel does order shellfish dishes in restaurants fairly often. In my opinion, she should avoid shellfish dishes, too, from now on, if her fish allergy is indeed as life-threatening as she claims. I just suspect that the risk is greater. Someone is more likely to use something fish-based with a lobster or crab dish. Or more likely to stir it with a utensil that was also used with something fish-based.

Well she's living the Nantucket/New England lifestyle now so she better be extra careful!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3