Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E17: Jesus, the Countess and Joseph

• Start Topic

(edited)

I like Dorinda and Tinsley. Sigh.

I don’t know why Dorinda is so angry about and invested in Tinsley’s wardrobe. Maybe she’s annoyed that Tinsley doesn’t bring her dry cleaning to Madame Paulette’s, and, therefore, there’s no chance of Tinsley forgetting about her dresses there. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3

I am surprised by the reaction to Noel’s struggle stache. When my bother was in the neighborhood of 19-21 he grew one that was so hideous I paid him $20 to shave it off. This was in the early  80s when $20 could go far, and I am the younger sister.

When I was a teacher, many of my male high school students would sport the look. 

I am now the mom of a 17 year old with a similar scraggly facial hair look. Someone upthread said Luann’s a bad mom for not telling Noel how bad it is. Here’s the deal: my son is actually proud of that hair, he thinks it makes him look manly and older. I have tried, very gently to hint how it will be much more full in a few years. His dad has tried to tell him that shaving frequently will make it grow in more fully (and I don’t even think the science of that is correct). We will not go further because it’s really not harming anyone and we love the kid.

I love this current cast. Everyone is wacky and yet not truly hatable.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

Does anyone know if Tins receives alimony for Topper?

Was she given any hush money from her abuse ex?

She has family money and bravo money as well. I dont know if she can afford her lifestyle but she also wouldn't be the first real housewife to secretly be broke and getting themselves into massive debt.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Jill was not his ex wife.  They were married at the time of his death.  That makes her his widow.  Dennis was also not Bryn's father as Beth implied on father's day.

Didn't Beth state that she didn't know about his drug addiction?  Dennis was still married as well. 

Yes she testified at the custody hearing that she had no idea that Dennis was using opioids she never saw him take any.  She must have forgotten that when she was having her meltdown with Luann.

• Love 10

This Ep title is GENIUS. THOSE CANDLES! Luann as the Madonna. Omg Luann .

Bethenny and her relationships with her help. Hugging the housekeeper, confiding in the driver. Sad. 

Leave Tinsley alone ! She has her own money. Family money, divorce money, RH salary. What a petty thing to go after her for. No, Dorinda. Also Dorinda bitching about Mario and Ramona doing New Years. Dorinda, your jealousy is showing. I maintain Dorinda is depressed and self medicating .  PS Your long ponytail is dumb. 

wait? Bare Naked Vodka at the s’mores n whores party ? Is that a Bethenny product? Party was cheesy, over the top, made up and put on. I enjoyed the staffs face when Bethenny walked up and asked them to pull a rabbit out the hat to get a cake and men and fiery candles and a whole showboat at the last sec for Sonja. Then when she asked someone to video the sex toy  piñata that she thought was oh so clever. 

No one likes Barbara. Clearly. Whatever they were banking on her for did not pain out. Au revoir.  

• Love 12
(edited)
20 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

This is what I think too. Dorinda and Sonjia can’t imagine life without a man taking care of them so the fact that Tinsley isn’t actively stalking a new benefactor means she’s still with Scott.

Tinsley made money before the show from other projects. She was the only NY Housewife  that I knew before the show. Besides, what would be her reason for keeping Scott on the downlow? If they were together why not just admit it? 

Dorinda’s just a very unpleasant person who is determined to be unhappy and to make others unhappy. She looks good though. Middle age agrees with her.

Dorinda married Richard, who was “somebody”.  She lived the hi-life, traveling all over the world with influential people.  She was “somebody” also.  That was taken away with her status, and now she is a bitter woman going out with a dry cleaner who is a nobody.  Richard gave her a life that she loved .. John  gives her clean clothes.  If she could find another Richard, she would be more than satisfied.  She just uses John and that not right.  She doesn’t even let him sleep over, so he goes back to Queens after a romp in the sheets.  Pathetic.  She probably closes her eyes and pretends she’s on a yacht with Richard to get thru it.

Edited by Gem 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

sex toy  piñata that she thought was oh so clever. 

The pinata was a nut cracker, just like the one Dorinda gave or found for Bethenny last Christmas, Dorinda didn't put two and two together that Bethenny and all were taking whacks at it. 

At what point do these women stop trying to prove how young and sexual they are, the strippers, sex toys, Sonja with her ass hanging out of her dress, etc...I am no prude, (trust me) but it just comes off as pathetic and cringe worthy.

Male strippers are so meh, none of the women looked that in to it, it's nothing that interests me (went to one revue years ago). Dorinda saying she had never seen a male stripper does not seem believable.

Where did those bedazzeled knit hats come from?  I kinda liked it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

The data we have gathered so far suggests a big  “NO” for true apology and responsibilities for their own actions (while I am StatsQueen I am relying on qualitative data - and the the results are - NO (with 95% probability - not a large enough sample size to analyze quantitatively) - of course I’ve had a large quantity of wine (which accounts for most of my posts and gets me into the most trouble in my comments ... and with my hubby).

In my first year of college, during exam week, I was walking across the campus, and a student walking in the opposite direction, on a different sidewalk, asked me if I took statistics. I replied, "No" and he said "Don't". I heeded his advice.

However, I am familiar with double blind crossover studies and I do love wine , so with that in mind, I completely believe and support your statistics -not to mention I read it on the internet, so it must be true.

Can you imagine if we had some kind of magical search engine to go through all the episodes of all the housewife franchises and count the percentage of "I'm sorry if..." apologies, and the ones that include a "..but,.."

Now I want wine

• LOL 9
  • Love 8

I really find no redeeming qualities in Dorinda - she's a bully, she's mean and vicious, and her "favors" come with strings attached.  For all of her talk about "honesty," she says one thing to the women's face - like agreeing with Tinsley about what their argument should be - and another behind their backs - like her truly awful TH calling Tinsley "weak."

And the fact that these women couldn't conceive of the idea of a woman being able to afford her own clothing without being supported by a man says everything about their lives. And none of it is good.

Ramona and Dorinda were being stupid about Lu's fake devotional candles. I mean, sure, if they had given Lu a hard time for the ego behind creating the candle, then fine. But it isn't "sacrilegious." Those kind of candles are part of Catholic culture but they aren't used in Mass or anything.   

• Love 13
37 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

At what point do these women stop trying to prove how young and sexual they are, the strippers, sex toys, Sonja with her ass hanging out of her dress, etc...I am no prude, (trust me) but it just comes off as pathetic and cringe worthy.

I really think it’s a mental thing.  Most of their husbands left THEM.  Now they have to prove that they are so desirable with their looks, especially Ramona and Sonja.  Flitting around in bars, flirting.  What they don’t know is that men want younger if anything.  I don’t know where they get the energy to get all gussied up and go out all night and dance and sit in a bar.  I know it’s a job and t.v., but still.  For a couple of seasons, Sonja was quiet as a mouse.  All of a sudden, she is loud, talks to much, screams, etc.  is she on something?  I hope she watches these episodes and sees how silly she looks.  Ramona too.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I hate to break it to you B. but any halway decent miso soup is made with dashi and bonito flakes or other dried fish flakes are literally one of the bases of the broth.

Exactly - Bonito flakes are dried and fermented then flaked - this is the base in the miso which adds that salty filmy flavor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I only hope that it is b/c they think being outrageous is required for their apple.  I mean, Dorinda has her flaws but at least she doesn't do that.  

I also think these women are having a hard time dealing with aging after living a life where men drooled over them.  I'm 51 and it's hard to see your once firm skin start looking crepey!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Other than weeping over the fake Morgan letters what was Sonja’s storyline or Dorinda’s for that matter?

I know right? I don't know why each housewife needs a separate story line. Together as an ensemble, they are the story. YMMV 🤷‍♀️

• Love 6

I like Tinsley, but she is a terrible liar. Her body language gives her away~ her eyes get a weird squinty look when she talks about her supposed breakup with Scott. 

My Aunt met Scott and Tinsley about a year ago and said they were a cute, solid couple back then. Maybe they are doing a long distance relationship? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, Sterling said:

Theory on a Sirius show today about just why Dorinda and some of the others are having such a go at Tinsley about Scott is that Tinsley is still secretly seeing Scott (or was until filming ended), and using the "breakup" as a storyline.

Theory is that the women have this suspicion, and are pissed at Tinsley for lying to them all just to stay relevant, to stay on the show.

Tinsley's Reality TV persona is 90% fake - the other ladies gave her a pass but they're done. I believe someone (production, stylist, makeup person, camera grip) whispered to a few of the ladies that apples were in jeopardy (Sonja & Tinsley) Ramona, Dorinda have chimed in to show their allegiance to Sonja. Looks like Bethenny does the same at the reunion.

Personally, I don't think any of the ladies apples are in jeopardy. This cast of apple holders works. They will probably just add another friend of to the cast next year. Now if they've found someone they want to give an apple to who has a certain amount of fame and money then I can see Tinsley or Sonja being demoted to a friend of.

Tinsley is not "old money". The Mercer family is not old money. Her father inherited Mercer Rug and Carpet. Grandpa Mercer was a millionaire and a nobody in high society, he was a merchant. In the early part of Tinsley's childhood I would say they were upper middle class. They had enough money to send their daughters to private schools and both girls were probably trained at birth to go bag a boy with money. Tinsley's father was an infamous drunk and squandered what money they had. Dale stepped in at some point to take over the finances so they wouldn't be out in the streets.

Tinsley married "old money" when she got Topper Mortimer. Topper is not a billionaire. The Mortimer name is tied to Standard Oil. The majority of assets (property, stock, cash) are set aside to the Mortimer Estate. Each Mortimer will have a trust set up for them at birth, money is given at a certain age and over a period of time like an allowance. In most cases, their allowance is drawn from  the interest, so that money is always in the trust and growing. Each Mortimer has access to communal properties. Usually each is also given one or two properties as their main residence. You have to also remember Topper is one of the many many great grandchildren of Old Money Mortimer. Topper alone might be worth 10M, everything else is tied to the estate and untouchable by a non Mortimer

When Tinsley and Topper divorced, Topper got the NYC apartment because it was owned by the Mortimer Estate. I'm sure they had a pre-nup. They were together for a long time - but they had no children. Tinsley got no properties she got a cash settlement. I doubt she got more than a few million.

All of Tinsley's business ventures started at the end of their marriage and after the divorce all tanked. Tinsley's main customer was overseas in the Asian Market - predominantly the rich teens who had parents that spoil them. At first, Tinsley made some decent money.

That market/demographic wanted Paris Hilton/Nicky Hilton/Nicole Richie - they started out as young 18 year old spoiled, rebellious, boy crazy, makeup crazy, bag crazy, lots of disposable money lifestyle.

She promoted herself as a rich socialite - and that's what they all bought into. Once they realized she was only married to big money and then divorced - her stuff stopped selling. Sales went dead in the water when the rich teen kids found out she was in her 30's.

If Tinsley had any money left from her divorce or family money - she would already have a property house/apartment in NY. It makes no sense for a person with money to throw $10K per month on a hotel room. If she really had money to spend $10K per month - she could have leased a fully furnished apartment with doorman in the city. She didn't because she doesn't know if she'll be able to afford to sign a 1 year lease agreement. She can however pretend that the room is 10K per month and say this on camera. Meanwhile behind the scenes, she made a deal with the hotel to get them a bunch of free advertising by having multiple scenes shot in the "room", in the "lobby", in the basement "spa", ordering room service so they can show what the hotel offers, the multiple hotel signage camera shot. In reality she is only there during the months they film, she's probably in an even jankier room than they've shown, and she might be somewhere even cheaper and only shows up when  they are filming.

Tinsley made Scott her story line and talked about him incessantly. She cried about him incessantly when they weren't together. During the time they aren't filming in previous seasons - Tinsley made sure they were in the tabloids to talk about their constant makeups and breakups. There might be some truth in what Dorinda/Sonja/Ramona said about Scott. Why didn't Tinsley go into her usual MO of crying when Scott is brought up as she has in every episode prior? She cried because he didn't go to her Doggie Adoption Runway Show, she cried because she didn't want to call him on the phone, she had a TOTAL meltdown when he didn't come to her 5 minute gig at the circus, she cried again to Dale in her room about Scott, she cried again in Miami about Scott to Dabney. The possible reason for not crying is because she and Scott are back together and he's covering her costs

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Useful 7
  • Love 7
On 6/28/2019 at 5:41 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

The fact she said it under her breath and she was there to support Luann no matter what and Luann at this point had thrown Barbra to the wolves... And every one of these ladies has said at one time or another that she cant sing or as LITTLE single ability .... but they will attack her for it and totally side step they all think the same thing ... notice how Ramona and Sonja were going in on her last night to oh where were you working? yes bitch she has a job she has to work she didn't divorce a rich man and suck him dry like you did Ramona

I find it fascinating that production only catches Barbara with a hot mic.  Never anybody else.

On 6/28/2019 at 5:44 AM, esco1822 said:

BTW why is everyone blaming Barbara for ruining Sonja's surprise? Am I mis-remembering this? Wasn't it Ramona who actually told her after Barbara pitched a fit about both events being on the same night? I'm actually team Barb in that argument, which I will probably never say again in my life. It was a crappy thing of Ramona to do and I think Barbara was trying to be a good friend when she talked to Moaner. I'd say the fault of ruining the surprise sits with crazy eyes who chose a shady date and actually said the words "i'm throwing you a surprise party."

I'm just as confused.  Barbara never once mentioned surprise party to Sonja. 

I don't think it was a surprise party originally.  I think Ramona realized she was losing her grip on the situation and threw surprise party into the conversation  as a way to guilt Sonja into sticking with her party and not going to cabaret.

Because no one else really seemed to know it was a surprise party until Sonja knew.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Scott only wants good press about him and his Coupon company. Hence he is really good to Tinsley (gifts, $$, perhaps clothes) when she is filming to avoid any negative press or perceptions. Tinsley gets her stuff and keeps mum on what is really going on or what she really thinks of him or his business. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Tinsley's Reality TV persona is 90% fake - the other ladies gave her a pass but they're done. I believe someone (production, stylist, makeup person, camera grip) whispered to a few of the ladies that apples were in jeopardy (Sonja & Tinsley) Ramona, Dorinda have chimed in to show their allegiance to Sonja. Looks like Bethenny does the same at the reunion.

Personally, I don't think any of the ladies apples are in jeopardy. This cast of apple holders works. They will probably just add another friend of to the cast next year. Now if they've found someone they want to give an apple to who has a certain amount of fame and money then I can see Tinsley or Sonja being demoted to a friend of.

Tinsley is not "old money". The Mercer family is not old money. Her father inherited Mercer Rug and Carpet. Grandpa Mercer was a millionaire and a nobody in high society, he was a merchant. In the early part of Tinsley's childhood I would say they were upper middle class. They had enough money to send their daughters to private schools and both girls were probably trained at birth to go bag a boy with money. Tinsley's father was an infamous drunk and squandered what money they had. Dale stepped in at some point to take over the finances so they wouldn't be out in the streets.

Tinsley married "old money" when she got Topper Mortimer. Topper is not a billionaire. The Mortimer name is tied to Standard Oil. The majority of assets (property, stock, cash) are set aside to the Mortimer Estate. Each Mortimer will have a trust set up for them at birth, money is given at a certain age and over a period of time like an allowance. In most cases, their allowance is the interest accumulated to date, so that money is always in the trust and growing. Each Mortimer has access to communal properties. Usually each is also given one or two properties as their main residence. You have to also remember Topper is one of the many many great grandchildren of Old Money Mortimer. Topper alone might be worth 10M, everything else is tied to the estate and untouchable by a non Mortimer

When Tinsley and Topper divorced, Topper got the NYC apartment because it was owned by the Mortimer Estate. I'm sure they had a pre-nup. They were together for a long time - but they had no children. Tinsley got no properties she got a cash settlement. I doubt she got more than a few million.

All of Tinsley's business ventures started at the end of their marriage and after the divorce all tanked. Tinsley's main customer was overseas in the Asian Market - predominantly the rich teens who had parents that spoil them. At first, Tinsley made some decent money.

That market/demographic wanted Paris Hilton/Nicky Hilton/Nicole Richie - they started out as young 18 year old spoiled, rebellious, boy crazy, makeup crazy, bag crazy, lots of disposable money lifestyle.

She promoted herself as a rich socialite - and that's what they all bought into. Once they realized she was only married to big money and then divorced - her stuff stopped selling. Sales went dead in the water when the rich teen kids found out she was in her 30's.

If Tinsley had any money left from her divorce or family money - she would already have a property house/apartment in NY. It makes no sense for a person with money to throw $10K per month on a hotel room. If she really had money to spend $10K per month - she could have leased a fully furnished apartment with doorman in the city. She didn't because she doesn't know if she'll be able to afford to sign a 1 year lease agreement. She can however pretend that the room is 10K per month and say this on camera. Meanwhile behind the scenes, she made a deal with the hotel to get them a bunch of free advertising by having multiple scenes shot in the "room", in the "lobby", in the basement "spa", ordering room service so they can show what the hotel offers, the multiple hotel signage camera shot. In reality she is only there during the months they film, she's probably in an even jankier room than they've shown, and she might be somewhere even cheaper and only shows up when  they are filming.

Tinsley made Scott her story line and talked about him incessantly. She cried about him incessantly when they weren't together. During the time they aren't filming in previous seasons - Tinsley made sure they were in the tabloids to talk about their constant makeups and breakups. There might be some truth in what Dorinda/Sonja/Ramona said about Scott. Why didn't Tinsley go into her usual MO of crying when Scott is brought up as she has in every episode prior? She cried because he didn't go to her Doggie Adoption Runway Show, she cried because she didn't want to call him on the phone, she had a TOTAL meltdown when he didn't come to her 5 minute gig at the circus, she cried again to Dale in her room about Scott, she cried again in Miami about Scott to Dabney. The possible reason for not crying is because she and Scott are back together and he's covering her costs

Interesting synposis.  That makes more sense to me because unless it truly is fame you want or want to recapture, it's hard to imagine someone with old money being on this show.  And being desperate for Scott.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I find it fascinating that production only catches Barbara with a hot mic.  Never anybody else.

Actually, Luann was the other that I can recall right now. After the Poked By A Pirate incident, Luann went off camera to discuss her alibi with someone on the phone. I think also to call Jacques.

Barbara didn't get caught. She was just showing her true colors and she isn't a real friend. However, they already filmed the reunion and Luann went with Barbara to promote her book. So either they made up OR Barbara threatened to tell more secrets if Luann didn't show up to support her.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Interesting synposis.  That makes more sense to me because unless it truly is fame you want or want to recapture, it's hard to imagine someone with old money being on this show.  And being desperate for Scott.

If the Mercer name was old money or in high society - Tinsley would have reverted back to that name to promote her businesses.

Tinsley claims on the show she wants to re-enter high society in NY. If you were old money, you would still be part of high society. She was part of high society while married to Topper. Once separated, she wasn't invited to anything but D events.

As for the clothes, Tinsley wears on the show...I have a feeling they are borrowed, she doesn't get to keep them. Think back to how many times she mentions the "cost" of a particular outfit or where she got it. That, like the hotel stay is just another exchange - free advertising in exchange for getting to wear nice clothes.

• Love 3
(edited)
20 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Barbara didn't get caught. She was just showing her true colors and she isn't a real friend. 

See I see it completely differently. A real friend will go to all your shitty singing shows despite the fact you can’t sing. She sits through each and every one with a smile on her face and never once bitched about it.  So she said she can’t sing. Where is the untruth in that? She didn’t tell a lie people aren’t coming to hear her sing it’s the spectacle of the whole thing the Florence Foster Jenkings of it all.  You can be a real friend and still say ya can’t sing in private to someone. She wasn’t screaming it on the show she remained respectful in that capacity. But let’s flip it. would a real friend throw you to the wolves and say you have bad energy and it’s your fault the girls don’t want to be around you then go off with a smile on their face on camera with glee? 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 13
(edited)
On 6/27/2019 at 8:13 PM, itsadryheat said:

My MVP award goes to John during his "Where's The Cake, I Don't Have the Cake" scene with Ramona. 

He was like, what the hell lady?? Ramona is always barking orders to people, as if everyone is her staff. 

My favorite line of the night was Tinsley "I like smores. It's smores, not shmores." That made me laugh! I hate it when people call them shmores.

Edited by SallySarue
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Leave Tinsley alone ! She has her own money. Family money, divorce money, RH salary. 

Tinsley was smart to remind them that she has no daughter or son, which affords her much more disposable income.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Tinsley was smart to remind them that she has no daughter or son, which affords her much more disposable income.

And in all honesty the clothes these women wear are not frequently worn so maybe the dress cost her $3000 three years ago.  She’s not going to say that I don’t think

Lol, Ramona might. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I really find no redeeming qualities in Dorinda - she's a bully, she's mean and vicious, and her "favors" come with strings attached.  For all of her talk about "honesty," she says one thing to the women's face - like agreeing with Tinsley about what their argument should be - and another behind their backs - like her truly awful TH calling Tinsley "weak."

And the fact that these women couldn't conceive of the idea of a woman being able to afford her own clothing without being supported by a man says everything about their lives. And none of it is good.

Ramona and Dorinda were being stupid about Lu's fake devotional candles. I mean, sure, if they had given Lu a hard time for the ego behind creating the candle, then fine. But it isn't "sacrilegious." Those kind of candles are part of Catholic culture but they aren't used in Mass or anything.   

Whether it’s candles, ashtrays or picture frames, if a person loves her and what she’s doing, they will buy these things.  I’ve bought a few things from different plays and operas that I love looking at.  Whatever floats your boat.  I think those candles are hilarious.  What’s really funny is the fact that she really thinks she can sing, lol.

• Love 4
(edited)

I guess things at Dorinda’s house are slow.  What’s it her business to talk to Tinsley about Scott and her clothes?  She like to rile people up for no reason.  STF up and sit down and have another drink.  You know you are just jealous that Tins is young and beautiful.  

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

True! And who knows, but she may be given clothes by designers to wear on the show. She is in an influencer position, she has great clothes and is known for it. 

26 minutes ago, Ellee said:

And in all honesty the clothes these women wear are not frequently worn so maybe the dress cost her $3000 three years ago.  She’s not going to say that I don’t think

Lol, Ramona might. 

That's true too, I feel like she may be getting free stuff to wear on camera from designers and stylists. 

Such a weird thing to go after her about. I guess there isn't anything else though to go after her about! I like Tinsley.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

See I see it completely differently. A real friend will go to all your shitty singing shows despite the fact you can’t sing. She sits through each and every one with a smile on her face and never once bitched about it.  So she said she can’t sing. Where is the untruth in that? She didn’t tell a lie people aren’t coming to hear her sing it’s the spectacle of the whole thing the Florence Foster Jenkings of it all.  You can be a real friend and still say ya can’t sing in private to someone. She wasn’t screaming it on the show she remained respectful in that capacity. But let’s flip it. would a real friend throw you to the wolves and say you have bad energy and it’s your fault the girls don’t want to be around you then go off with a smile on their face on camera with glee? 

Yeah, that's how I see it, too. Everyone hear keeps saying that Lu has no singing and dancing talent (which is true, she doesn't). But suddenly Barbara also acknowledging that fact makes her a bad friend?  I don't think so. She was there, she stayed for the show, etc. In my view, that makes her a pretty decent friend. 

28 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Whether it’s candles, ashtrays or picture frames, if a person loves her and what she’s doing, they will buy these things.  I’ve bought a few things from different plays and operas that I love looking at.  Whatever floats your boat.  I think those candles are hilarious.  What’s really funny is the fact that she really thinks she can sing, lol.

I don't have any problem with the candles, but they do say something about Lu's ego.  But I thought she was right to shut down Ramona and Dorinda's truly ridiculous high dudgeon about them by saying, "don't like 'em, don't buy 'em."

• Love 7

The proof that Lu can’t sing (as though this needs to be justified) can be found in her off key singing of Hapoy Birthday to Sonja at the S’mores party. - anyone who can remotely sing knows to prounce the “r” in Birthday. Lu sang “Happy Buthday” in addition to being off key. 

I’m also tired of her constantly calling Sonja “Sonjarita”. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Ramona...I got nothin'. I have accepted the Ramonen (Ramonan Ramonaen?) Noodle into my heart and there she shall stay.

With the way she reacted to the Luann candle, perhaps we should call her Sanctimona.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Everyone hear keeps saying that Lu has no singing and dancing talent (which is true, she doesn't). But suddenly Barbara also acknowledging that fact makes her a bad friend?  I don't think so. She was there, she stayed for the show, etc. In my view, that makes her a pretty decent

Lu thinks she can sing and perform so yes it’s bitchy for her supposed friend to say that to her behind her back to people in the audience for her show.

• Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Lu thinks she can sing and perform so yes it’s bitchy for her supposed friend to say that to her behind her back to people in the audience for her show.

Each and every one of these ladies has said it and worse “behind” Luannes back about her show and singing ability why is Barbra the only one getting flack for it? All these ladies claim to be just as good of friends with her why is Barbra the bad friend? She wasn’t doing it “on camera” to embarrass her is that the difference? I think Barbra adds nothing to this show and was wildly miscast but I will definitely defend her about this because she did nothing wrong that the other ladies haven’t done. Plus she basically stopped her whole life when Luann was in need you don’t do that if you’re not friends. You can be friends with someone and still think some of the things they do are stupid. Was she screaming it to the rafters? No... does she still show up to support? Yes. That’s a friend. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Each and every one of these ladies has said it and worse “behind” Luannes back about her show and singing ability why is Barbra the only one getting flack for it? A

Barbara is the only one who said it on this episode and none of them have said she isn’t talented like Barbara they have mocked the cabaret and her attitude but I haven’t seen any of them say she can’t sing. 

1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Barbara is the only one who said it on this episode and none of them have said she isn’t talented like Barbara they have mocked the cabaret and her attitude but I haven’t seen any of them say she can’t sing. 

Since Luanne has been singing (past season) everyone of these ladies has made fun of her and said she has no singing ability if little at all. Barbra didn’t say she wasn’t talented she said she really can’t sing and do a full concert/show. Rewatch it she didn’t say untalented. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Each and every one of these ladies has said it and worse “behind” Luannes back about her show and singing ability why is Barbra the only one getting flack for it? All these ladies claim to be just as good of friends with her why is Barbra the bad friend? She wasn’t doing it “on camera” to embarrass her is that the difference?

I agree.  What’s wrong with Barbara in the first place?    She’s not worse than the others.  She helped Luann, wasn’t it?  The only thing is Bravo didnt give her a story line, so she just hung around.  She’s kind and accomplished.  She got a bad rap from Bravo.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

The proof that Lu can’t sing (as though this needs to be justified) can be found in her off key singing of Hapoy Birthday to Sonja at the S’mores party. - anyone who can remotely sing knows to prounce the “r” in Birthday. Lu sang “Happy Buthday” in addition to being off key. 

I’m also tired of her constantly calling Sonja “Sonjarita”. 

I don't think she actually knows how to pronounce Sonja's name correctly, so I think maybe she just goes with that. I remember one of the early season reunions when Sonja said something along the lines of, "Lu can't say my name right" and Luann's like well that's how I say it, so I think she just decided to be safe and go with Sonjarita. 😉 I'm half kidding lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yeah, that's how I see it, too. Everyone hear keeps saying that Lu has no singing and dancing talent (which is true, she doesn't). But suddenly Barbara also acknowledging that fact makes her a bad friend?  I don't think so. She was there, she stayed for the show, etc. In my view, that makes her a pretty decent friend.

20 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

13 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Each and every one of these ladies has said it and worse “behind” Luannes back about her show and singing ability why is Barbra the only one getting flack for it? All these ladies claim to be just as good of friends with her why is Barbra the bad friend? She wasn’t doing it “on camera” to embarrass her is that the difference? I think Barbra adds nothing to this show and was wildly miscast but I will definitely defend her about this because she did nothing wrong that the other ladies haven’t done. Plus she basically stopped her whole life when Luann was in need you don’t do that if you’re not friends. You can be friends with someone and still think some of the things they do are stupid. Was she screaming it to the rafters? No... does she still show up to support? Yes. That’s a friend. 

8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I just don't think what Barbara said was the act of a friend - for me it's about the time and place. She couldn't freaking control herself enough to wait till she got home to say these things? Instead she chooses to say these things sitting at the event to someone else in the audience right next to Luann's family members.

I'll give you a fictional scenario. I have a friend who just got a job working as a cook in a restaurant. She's super excited about it and a table is reserved for her friends and family to show up on her first night. I have been invited. I sit down at the table and say I hope you all took Immodium and have 911 set on speed dial. Every time I've eaten her food I get the shits. If I didn't get the shits, I was puking.  Now while that may be a true statement, is the fact that I showed up to support her make me a good friend? As a true friend I would pull her aside before opening night to say I wouldn't be attending or say I can come after dinner, maybe for a drink. If I were a true friend, I certainly wouldn't make remarks to others that I haven't to her face.

Think back to when the other HW's attended her Cabaret at last seasons finale. Other than, Dorinda screaming Jovani - no one was whispering about how terrible she was, no one said thank God for the "and Friends" cause Luann can't carry the show on her own. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Lu CAN perform. And Barbara said nothing about Lu's ability to perform.  But performance is more than singing. Lu CANNOT sing. And I have yet to be persuaded that Luanne thinks she's some great singer - Lu herself said, "I know I'm no J-Lo." She knows she isn't a good singer. Therefore, I doubt she'll be all that surprised that Barbara stated the obvious.  And I am also not persuaded that Barbara wouldn't say directly to Lu's face that she doesn't think she's that great a singer.

Barbara was there; the rest of them weren't. That marks her a better friend than anyone else there. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Lu CAN perform. And Barbara said nothing about Lu's ability to perform.  But performance is more than singing. Lu CANNOT sing. And I have yet to be persuaded that Luanne thinks she's some great singer - Lu herself said, "I know I'm no J-Lo." She knows she isn't a good singer. Therefore, I doubt she'll be all that surprised that Barbara stated the obvious.  And I am also not persuaded that Barbara wouldn't say directly to Lu's face that she doesn't think she's that great a singer.

Barbara was there; the rest of them weren't. That marks her a better friend than anyone else there. 

Exactly she could have ditched like the other ladies and headed to Ramona’s party but she didn’t she stayed for the show and went to the party after. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Since Luanne has been singing (past season) everyone of these ladies has made fun of her and said she has no singing ability if little at all. Barbra didn’t say she wasn’t talented she said she really can’t sing and do a full concert/show. Rewatch it she didn’t say untalented. 

Yeah, exactly. Barbara said nothing about Luanne's "talent" - Lu's actual talent is for self-promotion. (And actually, her other great talent is an ability to have a sense of humor about herself, which is part of why, I suspect, her cabaret act works. She's willing to joke about herself to a large audience). She's not a talented singer, a fact that Barbara stated out loud, but beyond that, she said nothing (that we saw, anyway) about Lu's talent or her ability to perform as herself in front of a large crowd. 

• Love 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

don't think what Barbara said was the act of a friend - for me it's about the time and place. She couldn't freaking control herself enough to wait till she got home to say these things? Instead she chooses to say these things sitting at the event to someone else in the audience right next to Luann's family members.

Exactly! It’s just a really shitty thing to do to anyone. It didn’t even look like she knew those people and she is just saying that her friend can’t sing right before these people who apparently came to see her perform so it just is not appropriate. I also don’t for one minute believe that Barbara would ever tell Lu to her face that she can’t sing so I don’t see how that’s an act of a friend. I haven’t heard the other women say anything like that about Lu but they also aren’t her friends and this is not the first time Barbara has said something about Lu behind her back that she didn’t think would get back to her.

9 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

She's not a talented singer, a fact that Barbara stated out loud, but beyond that, she said nothing (that we saw, anyway) about Lu's talent or her ability to perform as herself in front of a large crowd. 

Lu sees her talent as singing. Andy and others have talked about how she is not in on the joke.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Exactly! It’s just a really shitty thing to do to anyone. It didn’t even look like she knew those people and she is just saying that her friend can’t sing right before these people who apparently came to see her perform so it just is not appropriate. I also don’t for one minute believe that Barbara would ever tell Lu to her face that she can’t sing so I don’t see how that’s an act of a friend. I haven’t heard the other women say anything like that about Lu but they also aren’t her friends and this is not the first time Barbara has said something about Lu behind her back that she didn’t think would get back to her.

The lady she was talking to she came with who asked does she preform the entire show.  She wasn’t walking up to strangers saying Luann can’t sing. Plus she was saying it low so no one around her would over hear. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

The lady she was talking to she came with who asked does she preform the entire show.  She wasn’t walking up to strangers saying Luann can’t sing. Plus she was saying it low so no one around her would over hear. 

There was absolutely no need to respond to the question that way, she could have just said lots of different people perform. Again it maybe the truth but it’s not something I would consider as something a friend would do and Barbara has exhibited behavior like it before.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Lu sees her talent as singing. Andy and others have talked about how she is not in on the joke.

Andy and others can speculate all they want. They aren't Lu. And Lu herself has indicated she knows she's not a great singer. If someone can point me to a quote where Lu herself talks about how she thinks she's so talented at singing, then okay. (And even then, I can't blame Barbara for pointing out the obvious).

If Lu thought that her singing was the point of the show, then I doubt she would have other performers there. Of course, she's not going to say publicly, "I'm tone deaf." That would look like she thinks she can scam the audience.  But I maintain that she understands the interest in the cabaret act is in her life as spectacle, not that she's deluded to think she's some great singing. 

• Love 5

Question why is no one talking about how odd the interaction between Dorinda and John has been this entire season? Each time they filmed together it really came across has they hadn’t seen each other in a series of weeks/months with the odd conversations and weird hugging pulling away. Dorinda why aren’t you being forthcoming with that to Tinsley? Let all the girls make a huge deal over that. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20