Type keyword(s) to search

Outlander In The Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

Ok, there was an Outlander related question on Jeopardy last night and the contestant pronounced her name ga-BAL-don.  Is this correct?  I think I've been saying it wrong (in my head) for decades.

10 hours ago, Haleth said:

Ok, there was an Outlander related question on Jeopardy last night and the contestant pronounced her name ga-BAL-don.  Is this correct?  I think I've been saying it wrong (in my head) for decades.

I've never heard it pronounced that way.  Ever.  But then I'm not sure I've ever heard her pronounce her own name.  But surely if announcers and things were saying it incorrectly, she would have said something.   No, that person was probably just mistaken. Maybe.

(edited)

When Harry met Caitriona . . . 

Hmmmm.  You can't see Harry in the photo with Cait above (she's looking right at him) but you can in the version in my Twitter feed.  How annoying.  Anyway, they DID meet. :)

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 2

Apparently, season 4 is the last season for Terry Dresbach. She says she's tired out, she's had some health issues, and wants to spend more time with her family. She's picked her successor.

• Love 1

Sam Heughan will be on Jimmy Kimmel on Thursday night, 7/26 and on the Kelly and Ryan Show on Monday, 7/30. Probably promoting his movie, The Spy Who Dumped Me, but I can't imagine he won't mention Outlander.

On 7/24/2018 at 8:00 PM, Nidratime said:

Sam Heughan will be on Jimmy Kimmel on Thursday night, 7/26

Dang it!  I knew about that and forgot to set the DVR.  Did anyone see it?  If so, any highlights you'd like to share?

5 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

Dang it!  I knew about that and forgot to set the DVR.  Did anyone see it?  If so, any highlights you'd like to share?

I thought it was terrible. Sam was fine, but Jimmy just didn't interview him well, in my opinion.  Was very disappointed.  And no film clip either.  

He was only on for about 4 minutes.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Right, I'm triple posting to see if it is possible to link to something in Sam's Instagram feed and share it here.  I don't usually look at Sam's feed but I had a reason to go there today and I found this.  UPDATE: Oh cool!  It worked.  It's an amusing moment during an interview for "The Spy Who Dumped Me" related to Sam's habit of jogging "naked."

Edited by WatchrTina

In Outlander-adjacent news, Lieutenant Babyface (Tom Brittney) will be replacing James Norton as one of the leads in Grantchester, on Masterpiece Mystery later this month.  I'm excited to be seeing him again, especially in a starring role.

• Love 1

Riverrun?! Is there going to be some weird crossover where where we find out Jaime is related to the Tullys or the Freys?

S4 looks good, I can't wait. I'm not a book reader so the suspense is killing me to find out what happens.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Riverrun?! Is there going to be some weird crossover where where we find out Jaime is related to the Tullys or the Freys?

Not Jamie but now that you mention it, Frank Randall and Black Jack Randall both bear a striking resemblance to Edmure Tully.  :)

• Love 12

I just started rewatching from Season1 Episode1 and I can say over 4 years I have definitely missed some things - so Im looking forward to catching up again before the new season starts!

On 8/19/2018 at 12:48 AM, WatchrTina said:

Not Jamie but now that you mention it, Frank Randall and Black Jack Randall both bear a striking resemblance to Edmure Tully.  :)

Mic drop.

• Love 2

Yes yes yes yes yessssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!! The full trailer!!!!!!!!!

Looks to be a good season! That shot of Claire hugging Brianna at the end was awesome. I'm dying to know what Roger discovers in his research that motivates Brianna to go through the Stones. 

Can someone refresh my memory? What year were we in when Season 3 left off? I'm just trying to figure out how much of a time leap there's going to be if we make it to the Revolutionary War. 

On 9/10/2018 at 8:47 PM, BitterApple said:

Yes yes yes yes yessssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!! The full trailer!!!!!!!!!

Looks to be a good season! That shot of Claire hugging Brianna at the end was awesome. I'm dying to know what Roger discovers in his research that motivates Brianna to go through the Stones. 

Can someone refresh my memory? What year were we in when Season 3 left off? I'm just trying to figure out how much of a time leap there's going to be if we make it to the Revolutionary War. 

I cannot wait!

• Love 1
17 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Outlander stars are too Scot to handle on latest EW cover.

I'm a little unclear what the appeal is of making Jamie up to appear completely unbathed in comparison but here you go:

Outlander 1.jpg

Outlander 2.jpg

I actually think it’s way too much makeup freckles, not dirt? I prefer his real complexion!

• Love 1
On 10/6/2018 at 3:28 AM, morgan said:

Woke up this morning to the new credits on Twitter!!!!!  ❤️❤️❤️

Of course nothing beats the original bagpipes, but so good!!!!

I know, right? I think I'm finally getting excited for the new season.  I have to say that the cabin looks way better on tv than it does in my head.  

• Love 1