Type keyword(s) to search

Outlander In The Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

The good news: Starz is offering a sneak peek at the first episode starting August 2.

Approximately 82 million multichannel video households will have access to the premiere episode via additional linear, on-demand and/or online sampling opportunities on select cable, satellite and telco affiliates in the United States as well as online through select websites including Starz.com/Outlander, the Starz “Outlander” Twitter page, the Starz YouTube page, Starz “Outlander” Facebook Page and the free STARZ PLAY app for all users in the United States.

The bad news:

The first eight episodes of the 16-episode first season will air over eight consecutive Saturdays through September 27 with the second half scheduled to continue in early 2015.

Starz has made the premiere episode available on YouTube https://www.youtube....h?v=hlTvwLb2v9Q .   Not sure if it's viewable outside the U.S.  Worth a shot.   They also have it up for free on their website - http://www.starz.com/freefullepisodes

Thanks, and, sorry, I should have been clearer -- is there any outlet you can pay-per-ep to watch future eps?  It doesn't look like my good old Amazon Prime is going to do it, which probably only leaves iTunes. 

ETA:

In answer to my own question, at least this source says eps will be made available on Amazon and iTunes.

Edited by annlaw78

Thanks for that link @Nidratime. I don't know much about cable ratings but it sounds good as it was Starz highest rating.  I wonder how it compares to HBO and Showtime? 

Edited by peacefrog

I wonder how long it will take for Starz to announce they're picking up the next season/book?  Next week?  Looks like they have a success on their hands from just the premiere but will they wait to see how many new subscriptions they get before next Saturday's episode?

• Love 1

You're welcome.  My favorite passage in that recap was this one regarding the first Claire/Frank sex scene.

But hold up.  Did you guys see that?  Claire initiates.  CLAIRE INITIATES. This show is already more progressive than 97% of all other media.

• Love 1

Maybe they are waiting to see how the second episode performs in the ratings? And how many subscribers they have gained because of OUTLANDER. That's probably the most important thing to them, the subscriber numbers.

I have subscribed to STARZ now only because of the show to support the series and its continuation.

Edited by magdalene
  • Love 1

magdalene . ... I too subscribed just because of Outlander, as I am certain many fans did as well.  I have DirecTv and got the first 3 months free!  Hopefully we will hear some good news about Season 2 soon.  Imagining what they will do with those storylines is thrilling to me!

• Love 1

Add me to the roster of fans who subscribed to Starz, and Starz only, strictly to watch this show.  And I made sure to let my cable provider know exactly why and for what I did so.  At the end of the season I will cancel and if there is a second season, then I'll sign up again!  My cable bill is outrageous as it is....paying any extra annoys me no end.  Grumpy old woman here.  LOL

Edited by dustoffmom
  • Love 1

I also subscribed to Starz just so I could watch Outlander.  I hate paying for premium cable channels with a passion, so I just subscribe when there is a show that I desperately want to watch and then cancel when the show is over, until the next season.  I do the same thing with HBO for Game of Thrones.  In a perfect world, people would be able to just subscribe to individual shows for a fee... 

• Love 1

Well, golly, I just found an extended clip from episode 2 -- Claire and Jamie in front of the fire -- SHIRTLESS Jamie in front of the fire comforting a weeping Claire.  Oh. My God.

It's on STARZ's Outlander page.  Click on the icon for episode 102 but don't stop at the first clip they show (which is a preview for the episode and which features an image of Black Jack as it's anchor).  Look for the words "show extra videos" and you'll find two more videos which are extended clips from the episode.  The third one is of Claire and Geillis, (which is also very nice) but the second one -- Yowza!  Enjoy.

http://www.starz.com/originals/outlander/s1/e102

• Love 2

Sam (@Heughan) is doing a Twitter Q&A today (Friday, August 15) at 1:00pm eastern daylight savings time. Use #AskOutlander to post questions.

UPDATE: It was cancelled due to Sam being delayed on set but #AskOutlander was trending like crazy while we waited. The fans, they are legion!

Edited by WatchrTina

I hope they do more than the 13 episodes for season 2.  Dragon Fly in Amber is a longer book than Outlander (if I remember correctly) and I would like to see it get as many episodes as Outlander.  Although 13 is still more than the 10 Games of Throne got, so I suppose I should be happy.

• Love 2

It's great news! Honestly I think 13 is fine. I think a lot more can be cut from DIA(and subsequent books)than Outlander. It will make the story tighter and more focused. I also would not be surprised if season 2 does not start this time next year but later. It takes a long time to film these episodes, they are still filming the last episodes!

Edited by peacefrog

Another one here who subscribed to Starz just for Outlander, but I am actually interested in Black Sails and DaVinci's Demons too.  I'm irritated that Starz is only showing eight episodes and then breaking until 2015 to show the remaining eight because I don't want to cancel and subscribe again next year!  I'm so glad this was renewed but I wish they weren't doing a book per season since I'm not crazy about the spoilers I've read for the next book.

Well, golly, I just found an extended clip from episode 2 -- Claire and Jamie in front of the fire -- SHIRTLESS Jamie in front of the fire comforting a weeping Claire.  Oh. My God.

Yes, I came across that one earlier this week by accident while trying to find a different Outlander video.  Yum!

• Love 1

Well, wrap me in the tartan-colored cloak of surprise/not surprised.  I guess the overall viewing numbers were suitable. /snark  I see the EW article linked says Starz has not actually specified how many episodes, but said it would be at least 13.  I can see it coming in at 13, but also see it spread out over the 16 divided in two groups, like this season.  Has any other pay cable channel tried the split season?  They might be waiting to see if it works similar to premium channel shows like "The Walking Dead" that show a 16 episode season in two batches.

Edited by Glaze Crazy
  • Love 1

Hurray for a season 2, of whatever length! I'm psyched.

I also got Starz just for Outlander, but I also had to pick up the basic cable to start with too. I'd been living without cable for the last three years just fine. Granted two of those were overseas, so there wasn't really much choice in the matter, but even last year I was fine without it. If they'd just put it on iTunes I wouldn't have minded getting a season pass there and watching the next morning, but those smartypants over there know how to twist my arm.

• Love 1

Is this the place to put this? Outlander renewed for second season.

Squee!

Because it was moved, my original comment is no longer valid.

Topic? This is good news. Since there are eight books so far, and this show has stated, that each season is going to be one book? Well, it will be interesting to see if this show breaks the record and surpasses Starz's history of most of its shows not going beyond four seasons.

Does that make sense?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

I am happy about the renewal. I will however cancel Starz after the airing of the first 8 episodes and then re-subscribe next year for the other 8. I don't enjoy being jerked around with this split season nonsense.  I don't subscribe to any pay channel for the whole year and I am going to do the same thing with Starz that I am doing with Game Of Thrones on HBO.

@Glaze Crazy To answer your question ABC Family shows split their seasons all the time. The Fosters will finish this 2B on Monday, Chasing Life finished 1A this past Tuesday, Switched at Birth will finish 3B this Monday and Pretty Little Liars will finish 5A in two weeks. They will all be back for Christmas episodes and then start again in January or February of next year.

Also, squeeee so damn excited about the renewal. I've fallen in love with Claire and Caitriona Balfe