Type keyword(s) to search

Outlander In The Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, theschnauzers said:

According to the various social media accounts that are Outlander related. STARZ has released the season five premiere episode early for Valentine’s Day as of 12 AM EST, Friday the 14th.

Yes, and I've watched it already.  Why are the comment topics locked? 

9 hours ago, theschnauzers said:

According to the various social media accounts that are Outlander related. STARZ has released the season five premiere episode early for Valentine’s Day as of 12 AM EST, Friday the 14th.

When will the episode forums be unlocked? I’ve watched the episode and want to discuss! 

3 hours ago, cardigirl said:

When will the episode forums be unlocked? I’ve watched the episode and want to discuss! 

I would also love to discuss this episode!

If I cannot discuss this episode here until Saturday or Sunday, at least that gives me a good excuse to watch the episode a 2nd time.  I wouldn't want to forget anything 🙂

• Love 1
15 hours ago, theschnauzers said:

Sweet! That means it's available at 9pm on the west coast!

Edit: Actually, it's available now!

Edited by toolazy

Am I correct that STARZ.com is now dead?  When I go to the site I just get a black screen (and if I go to STARZplay.com it take me to an Arabic-language version of the site, which is REALLY weird.)

I see that Amazon Prime now has a pay-for-content deal for STARZ.  Is that what happened?  Did the deal with Amazon Prime kill STARZ.com?  If so that's a shame because I enjoyed the behind-the-scenes Outlander videos that used to be posted on STARZ.com, which I guess I don't get to watch anymore.

8 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

Am I correct that STARZ.com is now dead?  When I go to the site I just get a black screen (and if I go to STARZplay.com it take me to an Arabic-language version of the site, which is REALLY weird.)

I see that Amazon Prime now has a pay-for-content deal for STARZ.  Is that what happened?  Did the deal with Amazon Prime kill STARZ.com?  If so that's a shame because I enjoyed the behind-the-scenes Outlander videos that used to be posted on STARZ.com, which I guess I don't get to watch anymore.

Starz.com opened for me yesterday when I was scrambling to get re-signed up for the early release. I re-signed up again directly with Starz.com and not through Amazon Prime so that my Starz App stands alone on all my devices instead of having to open Amazon Prime, which was how it was the first time I got Starz (season 3 time frame) without a cable/satellite service.

10 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

I just checked starz.com in Firefox and signed in without any problems.

as to Amazon Prime, You now have several alternatives in addition to that streaming service. AT&T TV Now has that add on available as a subscription, as does Apple + TV. I have all three of those streaming services, but I subscribed directly with STARZ when Outlander started, and have kept it separate. The cost remains about the same no matter which service you chose.

On 2/15/2020 at 2:23 PM, WatchrTina said:

Amazon Prime has all these channels that you can subscribe to, one of which is Starz. Because I have Starz through AP, I was unaware that there was pay-per-view Starz content available. 

22 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

Parade magazine (and Diana) weigh in on the sex scene in the stable.  Diana's not best pleased.  (And she posted a link to it herself on Facebook.)

https://parade.com/1012687/paulettecohn/outlander-season-5-episode-6-diana-gabaldon-sex-scene/?fbclid=IwAR0iOD_0b1JFx1ToLe0Z3u0bIfm6P7WWt6MmwP3n__9utoIhkzhjtZkWI5c

I’m with Diana on this. And DAMNED if I’m now itching to pick up this buik to read this scene!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m with Diana on this. And DAMNED if I’m now itching to pick up this buik to read this scene!

I haven’t even read this book yet but I did read the chapters leading up to the scene, & the scene itself, & the whole tone missed the mark. I think the actors knew it too.  The Tv dialogue was not in the book, & that was mostly what was wrong! 

The cast of Outlander are having a Twitter competition comparing the cakes each has baked while social distancing in his/her home and it's the best thing in my Twitter feed right now.  (Well, that and the pictures of spring lambs and daffodils posted by an Irish shepherd I follow.)

Here's a Youtube inteview with the Deputy Editor of ... some magazine including Matt, Caitriona, and Sam. (The woman is wearing a white blouse and the writing identifying her and the magazine are also in white so you can't read it. Gah.) Anyway, it's dated June 18, 2020.

• Love 2
(edited)

So today I decided to take a look at RottenTomatoes.com to see how the film industry is coping with the Pandemic. Bizarrely, five of the movies listed as "Top Box Office" this week are Jurassic Park, The Goonies, Jaws, Back to the Future, and Raiders of the Lost Ark.  Those movies are are clearly NOT in theaters so I guess that website is now also tracking the revenue from rentals of old movies that become available in Netflix, iTunes, and Amazon.

Whatever.  The thing that brought me to THIS board was that Rotten Tomatoes really panned Bloodshot, which is the most recent movie that Sam appeared in.  I read the review and then I clicked on the link to go read Sam's profile.  It talks about his theater education and his having been in the touring company of Batman the stage show.  It mentions his sponsorship of My Peak Challenge and his support for Bloodwise.  It talks about his gig with Barbour and his work for Cahonas Scotland.  You know what it doesn't mention?  At ALL?  OUTLANDER.

WHAT THE FUCK?

I then wondered if maybe there was a rule on Rotten Tomatoes that they only talk about movie credits and ignore TV gigs, so I looked at the profile for Michael J. Fox (what with the link to Back to the Future being so handy.)  Nope, it talks about his "star-making role as junior conservative Alex P. Keaton on the long-running sitcom Family Ties."

Can anyone explain to me why Sam's profile on RottenTomatoes does not mention Outlander?  It even mentions the fact that he "auditioned numerous times for Game of Thrones, but was never cast in the series."  THAT gets a mention but his multi-year starring role in a hugely popular, award-winning TV series gets no mention at ALL?  

I say again . . . WTF?  Does Sam even HAVE a publicist?  If he does, they suck.

Edited by WatchrTina
(edited)
8 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

So today I decided to take a look at RottenTomatoes.com to see how the film industry is coping with the Pandemic. Bizarrely, five of the movies listed as "Top Box Office" this week are Jurassic Park, The Goonies, Jaws, Back to the Future, and Raiders of the Lost Ark.  Those movies are are clearly NOT in theaters so I guess that website is now also tracking the revenue from rentals of old movies that become available in Netflix, iTunes, and Amazon.

Whatever.  The thing that brought me to THIS board was that Rotten Tomatoes really panned Bloodshot, which is the most recent movie that Sam appeared in.  I read the review and then I clicked on the link to go read Sam's profile.  It talks about his theater education and his having been in the touring company of Batman the stage show.  It mentions his sponsorship of My Peak Challenge and his support for Bloodwise.  It talks about his gig with Barbour and his work for Cahonas Scotland.  You know what it doesn't mention?  At ALL?  OUTLANDER.

WHAT THE FUCK?

I then wondered if maybe there was a rule on Rotten Tomatoes that they only talk about movie credits and ignore TV gigs, so I looked at the profile for Michael J. Fox (what with the link to Back to the Future being so handy.)  Nope, it talks about his "star-making role as junior conservative Alex P. Keaton on the long-running sitcom Family Ties."

Can anyone explain to me why Sam's profile on RottenTomatoes does not mention Outlander?  It even mentions the fact that he "auditioned numerous times for Game of Thrones, but was never cast in the series."  THAT gets a mention but his multi-year starring role in a hugely popular, award-winning TV series gets no mention at ALL?  

Since the scheduled new movies from the big studios have been delayed or sent to VOD, many of the open theaters are playing older titles, along with the movies that were playing in March and a few of the new VOD movies. The top-grossing theaters at the moment are all drive-ins, though the numbers aren't all being officially released by the studios. 

That is weird about Sam's Rotten Tomatoes profile not mentioning Outlander. I've never used the site that way, just looked up different movie titles, so maybe the RT bio is not a priority for his team and he's not in control of what it says.

Ford v Ferrari premiered on HBO last Saturday and I really enjoyed Caitriona's role/performance.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 1
On 6/24/2020 at 12:21 AM, WatchrTina said:

Maybe he doesn't want it there and doesn't want to get typecast.

I still think it's strange that if true, that hasn't been officially announced by the show or anything. Just a post on his instagram? Wouldn't they usually put that information out more formally, if a character wasn't coming back (especially since John Grey's part becomes pretty important again in Book 7 and on, and the show is beginning to skip ahead more).

On 6/25/2020 at 7:57 PM, areca said:

Maybe he doesn't want it there and doesn't want to get typecast.

I doubt Sam is directly in charge of his Rotten Tomatoes profile. His Outlander credits are on IMDB. He promotes the show all the time and is happy to talk about it, so I can't imagine he is avoiding the connection. Who knows who writes those profiles. Could be anybody.

• Love 1
On 6/30/2020 at 2:15 PM, aemom said:

I did not see this in another Outlander thread, so apologies if it's already been discussed elsewhere.

David Berry (Lord John) will not be back next season.  Possibly at all?  😭

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/arts-and-culture/a32369977/outlander-david-berry-lord-john-grey-leaving-show/

If they do need him in the distant future -- I mean, when in the world are they going to even be able to film the 6th season?! -- hopefully he'll be free or they'll hire another actor. (After all, look how often Tobias Menzies has popped back up again, and even Graham McTavish showed up unexpectedly this season.) Needless to say, his character will be older so that could play into using another actor.

To be honest, I was pissed that they didn't recast Jenny last season since she did play a small but crucial role.

• Love 1
On 7/8/2020 at 9:08 AM, Nidratime said:

To be honest, I was pissed that they didn't recast Jenny last season since she did play a small but crucial role.

I second that! The resulting episode sans Jenny is absolutely one of my least favorite of the whole series.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SassAndSnacks said:

I second that! The resulting episode sans Jenny is absolutely one of my least favorite of the whole series.

Which episode was that? 

On 8/10/2020 at 7:05 PM, areca said:

Anything interesting from Paleyfest?

I got nothing new from that except there will be future seasons (plural, for those who speculate that 6 is the last), & they are not filming yet, but hope to start in fall, although it could be further delayed?

Edited by Cdh20
spelling

On today's episode of the game show Jeopardy, in the category of song lyrics for TV show theme songs, the answer/clue was "Sing me a song of a lass that is gone, say, could that lass be I?"  Alas, no one got the question -- "What is Outlander"?

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 4

So I'm just sitting there, doing my Pandemic thing (working on a jigsaw puzzle while daytime TV drones in the background) when what name do I hear but "Up next, Sam Heughan."  Sam was just on GMA3 (which I guess has something to do with Good Morning America -- perhaps a 3rd hour broadcast later in the day?)  Anyway he was promoting "Clanlands," the book he wrote with Graham McTavish.  But before he could say anything, the VERY first thing that happened when they cut to him (in a remote location) is that the overhead lights went out.  He looked like he was sitting in an empty conference room in an office building -- which may be exactly where he was -- and someone wandering by suddenly  thought to himself," Who left all these lights on?" and turned them off. (That guy was a dad-- you just know it.)

Anyway Sam sat in the darkened room -- face lit by the screen of the computer he was using -- and talked a bit about the book and then said they hoped to resume filming on Outlander in the new year.  Fingers crossed that they find a way to do it, given the Pandemic restrictions!

Maybe it was one of those motion detector lights. That used to happen to me all the time when I was sitting in my office at work, staring at my computer screen. I would have to start waving my arms wildly to get them back on.... Ah, those pre-pandemic, normal times days.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I can't decide if Sam has a good sense of humor or is starting to believe his own press, but some of his posts on social media are a bit too eye-roll worthy for me.  But I guess he may have PR people helping run his profiles to keep his brand going strong.  After all, someone has to be taking all those pictures where he's caught "lost in his own thoughts". 😉 

Edited by Beeyago
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1