Type keyword(s) to search

Outlander In The Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

Well the 2022 issue of People Magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive" issue just arrived in the mail and I have carefully scrutinized it (SUCH a chore!) looking for pictures of Sam, as I have done every year since Outlander first started airing.  Alas, I did not see Sam this year.  If I'm wrong, please let me know.

Now I'll just go look through the whole issue again (you know, to be sure).

ETA:  There is at least one "Hot Scot" in the issue.  Ewan MaGregor shows up on page 62.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 2
On 12/28/2022 at 7:26 AM, Haleth said:

Summer?  Summer?  We have to wait another 6+ months???

Didn’t they say that Season 6 was shorter because they were putting out Season 7 earlier? Liars!

Edited by ferjy
  • Applause 1

That isn't surprising, I'm sure Sam and Cait are happy to move on after ten years of production and we'll get a descent conclusion.  I'm still not interested in the prequel.

Edited by Glade
  • Applause 3

I'm not against the prequel in principle, I just think it would make more sense to have a Lord John spinoff based on the Lord John novels first, since there's book material to draw from there and he's already a popular character.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

I'm not against the prequel in principle, I just think it would make more sense to have a Lord John spinoff based on the Lord John novels first, since there's book material to draw from there and he's already a popular character.

With all the reboots it’s amazing that no one is interested in adapting them.   Is Starz the only company that can adapt those books? Can Gabaldon not shop them around?  

• Like 2
19 hours ago, ch1 said:

With all the reboots it’s amazing that no one is interested in adapting them.   Is Starz the only company that can adapt those books? Can Gabaldon not shop them around?  

These period shows are expensive to produce and shoot so not a lot of networks want to take them on. I think there were rumors about a Lord John spin off a couple years ago but it appears that has fizzled out.

Part of the reason that networks like prequels is that they can keep the show in the same universe but have basically a reboot of everything else: cast, writers, producers, etc. This gives them a lot more creative control too so they won't be limited by the books or fans expectations. See Rings of Powers and House of the Dragon.

On 1/2/2023 at 9:18 AM, ferjy said:

Didn’t they say that Season 6 was shorter because they were putting out Season 7 earlier? Liars!

I thought that season 6 was shortened because of Catriona's pregnancy, and they said that season 7 would be longer to make up for it.  I hadn't heard anything about timing, unfortunately.  

16 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Aye! Me too! And Sinéad? Her voice always gives me chills and goosebumps! Four Thumbs UP!!!!

And I loved her world-weary, lived-in voice and IMO think it's befitting of where Jamie and Claire are at this stage and obviously living in the midst of a revolution/war.

• Applause 1
Just now, CountryGirl said:

And I loved her world-weary, lived-in voice and IMO think it's befitting of where Jamie and Claire are at this stage and obviously living in the midst of a revolution/war.

Absolutely! Though season one's opening is my favorite, followed by season two (with the French), this one is up there with one. I didn't like the one in season three or four. And wow, it's really been Droughtlander, because I can't remember 4-5! I think last season had the duet, right?

I've loved Sinéad since her debut, "Nothing Compares to You" and it has a personal meaning, we learned my maternal Nana had breast cancer (she's still with us, had the mastectomies and without chemo!) when I first heard that song.

Though the song and my love for my Nani have no resemblance.

• Hugs 1

Last season was the duet. I'd say the guy was more the lead because the lady came in later as part of the response. 

I don't know if it's the strongest entry, but I liked the scenes of the flags going by. 

I mean, I just won't watch the show if it doesn't hold some interest for me, but to be fair, last season was kind of slow until the last episode. I'm hoping these scenes harken more pace. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic

I must say, I am so disappointed that they are splitting up the season! I would be more than happy to watch the 16 episodes in one shot. So now I am thinking that we won't get the second half of this season till 2024 and then the last season in 2025. UGH. LOL

27 minutes ago, andidante said:

I must say, I am so disappointed that they are splitting up the season! I would be more than happy to watch the 16 episodes in one shot. So now I am thinking that we won't get the second half of this season till 2024 and then the last season in 2025. UGH. LOL

It's already been confirmed that the second half will air in 2024,unfortunately. Very disappointed about this as well. At this rate, the final season may indeed air in 2025, if not later. 

• Like 1

There will be sixteen episodes in Season 7 and ten in Season 8, which will be the final season. The split won't affect the number of episodes, just how many years the show lasts. Splitting Season 7 means the show will end in 2025 instead of 2024, which as far as I'm concerned is a good thing.

• Like 2
On 1/19/2023 at 4:13 PM, Glade said:

That isn't surprising, I'm sure Sam and Cait are happy to move on after ten years of production and we'll get a descent conclusion.  I'm still not interested in the prequel.

Guess I’m the only one bummed about this. If the books are still being written, I want to see them adapted! If Sam and Cait want out, I wouldn’t care if they recast (was never crazy about Sam anyway). Weren’t there supposed to be only two more books anyway, or am I wrong about that?

3 hours ago, Cdh20 said:

Did everyone see the new trailer- it looks beautiful, & exciting…

That does luik awesome! And I wull be back home after wurk/trial so I wilna miss the premiere!

And SQUEE!!! David will also retoirn!

Wot???

(edited)

It does look amazing, and I'm very excited for it, but just now found out that the season is split, so we get 8 episodes this year and 8 in 2024. I don't really think of that as an extended season. 😡

Edited by cardigirl
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

It does look amazing, and I'm very excited for it, but just now found out that the season is split, so we get 8 episodes this year and 8 in 2024. I don't really think of that as an extended season. 😡

That’s how the first season was done.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That’s how the first season was done.

Hmmm, I'll admit I didn't watch Outlander from the start, but began when season 2 started. *ducks flying tomatoes*   I caught up because season 2 really captured me.   I really was looking forward to 16 weeks (continuous, minus holidays) of Outlander this summer.  Sigh. Oh well. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Hmmm, I'll admit I didn't watch Outlander from the start, but began when season 2 started. *ducks flying tomatoes*   I caught up because season 2 really captured me.   I really was looking forward to 16 weeks (continuous, minus holidays) of Outlander this summer.  Sigh. Oh well. 

No need to duck! The series premiered in August and we got the first 8 episodes through the end of September.

We had to wait until April for the show to return and air the last 8. So almost as long if the last half is shown in early 2024.

• Like 1

Not a fan of the new version of the song. My favorite was the version from season 5 (I think it was): the acapella choir. I watched that opening every single time just to hear the arrangement...it was just so beautiful. But I also loved whenever they switch up the theme, such as when they included the French lyrics or the "Caribbean" orchestration. It's awesome that they remodel the theme every season.

• Like 5

With them splitting this season in half it kinda feels like we actually have three more seasons before the show ends. I mean, the series finale won't air until at least 2025 I presume?

• Like 2
On 5/29/2023 at 10:55 AM, Scarlett45 said:

So how did I not realize the new season was so close??!!

You’re not crossing off the days on your calendar?! Clearly you’re not well. 😁

• LOL 1
On 1/27/2023 at 11:09 AM, Noneofyourbusiness said:

I would actually like to see Jamie’s parents’ story, as long as they keep it interesting. At least the prequels would bring it back to Scotland. I wasn’t crazy about the change to America. I much preferred the foreign locations of Scotland and France.

• Love 1
On 3/27/2023 at 5:45 PM, andidante said:

I am too. I just took advantage of a 6-month special offer from Starz just for the show, now I’m going to waste half of it! 😠

• Sad 1
14 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

There's books about Lord John? 

There are 9+ books about Lord John. Not everyone who reads the main series reads them though. I've read one and it was enough. I like LJ but the books are long.

• Applause 1
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

There's books about Lord John? 

They are a series of short stories.  I enjoyed them and there is material in them that I would love to see David Berry get to act on screen in a LJ series.  

• Like 3