Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/10/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)
24 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Haven't seen the show yet.  I hope she's passionately IN FAVOR of Bethenny.

She is not. Sunny had a run-in with Bethenny a few years ago.

2 hours ago, longobongo said:

Exactly..as a for instance, today when they were talking about John Stewart's testimony before an empty congressional panel, she pointed out that Eric Swalwell (a Democrat) wasn't there because "gasp" he was out running for president. He was the only one she singled out for not being there. Here precious Repubs were ALL MIA and not a one of them is running for president. Why single out Swalwell only? Hippocrite. MM that is

Also: note the oh-so-subtle jab at "other late-night hosts." Meghan will never get over Seth Meyers and John Oliver. 

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 24
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Don't you remember last year something happened in the Hamptons (I think it was the Hamptons) between Sunny and Bethenny?

I just said aloud (too loud) under my current circumstances, "OH, CRAP!" like I lost my mind.  Of course I remember now.  I'm under a lot of stress (I don't feel it, but it comes out in little mistakes every day).  Yeah, Bethenny can be a bitch--instantly.  I bet Sunny can too.   THANKEW!!!

• Love 4
(edited)
31 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Haven't seen the show yet.  I hope she's passionately IN FAVOR of Bethenny. I'm at my "Cut-the-Cord" son's house and have to watch everything on my tablet.  I learned this morning that I've helped to go over his  _____________ limit.  Don't even know what it was; I've been online too much.

Nope , she claimed Beth yelled at her son while he was playing at the beach in front of Beth’s Hamptons home because her baby was sleeping. 

Your son is super man and will beat this too .   If I was a praying person I’d tell the Gods he’s had more than his share and to move on. 

I agree Sunny never wants to ruffle Whoopi’s feathers. 

That’s a nice audience haul.   When we saw the Ellen show in her first 6 months  we got a box of protein corn flakes and a Burt Bacharach CD. Debra Messing was a guest and pregnant and craved them. 

Vanderbloom typing at same time! 

Edited by athousandclowns
Add
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I had never watched any of those After The View shows or clips. That looks way better than the show.  I also thought-Wow-Paula's arms and her hair! then I remembered her dream of opening crisis pregnancy centers and thought-fuck her arms and that damn hair.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Meghan during the Housewives discussion -- "I don't think you should get rewarded for bad behaviour."   Bitch, please, we are living in the era of people getting rewarded for bad behaviour.  And that's how you're managing to hold on to this job of yours. 

Seriously??  She mentioned this in a conversation about the Real Housewives shows, where, the more they behave badly (well, for the most part), the more they are assured a re-signing of their contract for the next season??  Not being afraid to display bad behavior (being nasty to your "friends", shrieking and yelling while in beautiful restaurants and different locales, verbally assaulting and jabbing at castmates, drinking excessively, etc.) is a pre-requisite for a housewife.

I think Meghan is just jealous that Scaramucci's wife is being considered (which is only a rumor at this point), and she isn't!

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

I actually agree with Megan on that point.  Real housewives cast is fine right now.  Had no idea Sunny was so passionate about Bethany LOL 😂 

Sunny spoke before about how Bethenny Frankel yelled at her son for being too loud while they were vacationing near each other a few years ago.  I don't remember the exact specifics, but it was something about Sunny's son outside playing, and Bethenny yelled at him to be quiet because Bethenny's daughter was napping, or something like that.

She did say that Bethenny was very rude at the time.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

Also: note the oh-so-subtle jab at "other late-night hosts." Meghan will never get over Seth Meyers and John Oliver. 

Yup, I caught that too.  She won't let that go and even tried to get Leno and Letterman involved. ❄️

Re Whoopi's robocall rant, I am too lazy to look up what the practice is in the US, but in Canada you can ask to be placed on the Do Not Call list. But that doesn't mean you get zero calls.  Charities, for example, are exempt.  I am betting political parties are too.  And then you have the additional problem of companies that violate the law by changing the phone number they are calling from.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Oh, I caught that. She's a crafty Toad for sure. Pissed me off. At first I thought that the others should have pointed out the Republicans were MIA. I know why they didn't,  it would have turned a very serious subject that everyone cares about into tit for tat. It would have looked petty.

Meghan has no shame.

Crafty Toad! I love that name/description! Thanks!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Pleeze, not RHONY, the only one I can still bear to watch.  Maybe she's a WANNABE on Beverly Hills and/or Orange County.

Erika Jayne, her bff is on Beverly Hills  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

The only things Nutmeg has in abundance is hubris and words.

Don’t forget narcissism.

2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I think Meghan is just jealous that Scaramucci's wife is being considered (which is only a rumor at this point), and she isn't!

If Mrs. S does get it, it’s only because she filed for divorce when her hubby was working for the Administration, and then reconciled with him after his ass was fired. And everyone wants the dirt.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Kenz said:

Meghan says, I was never good at playing soccer.

I don't believe she can run three blocks before becoming winded.  Walking maybe, or half a block running. She gets winded hoisting herself onto her chair.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I don't believe she can run three blocks before becoming winded.  Walking maybe, or half a block running. She gets winded hoisting herself onto her chair.

I know!   When I heard that I thought to myself, three feet or maaaaaybe three yards.   but three damn blocks??   And hell:  Running?    Not in decades has Nutty run anywhere.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

The thing about robocalls and the Do Not Call Registry is that under current law, the laws only apply to the continental U.S.   The FCC and FTC cannot regulate calls that are made from outside of the U.S., so, a lot of the calls are being outsourced are coming from other countries.  That's also why more and more calls are coming in the middle of the night.  The calls are being made in different time zones.  Some carriers have a system in place to block the calls on request, some don't.  My carrier, AT&T does not.  I get calls where the caller ID says "spam", which aggravates the crap out of me because, AT&T, if you know it's spam, block it!  Hopefully something more effective will be put in place soon.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Meghan's is so self-serving in her ideology that I can't fathom how she convinces herself that some of her positions aren't in fact contradictory and tone-deaf to other positions she has and it was very evident in Joy and Sunny's point. Supporting a candidate who says curing cancer is a priority while climate change doesn't even make her top 30 of important issues even though there are so many environmental factors that can contribute to various cancers makes no sense to me. She supports top priority of curing cancer but doesn't see the tone-deafness in not supporting universal healthcare. By throwing your weight behind health related initiatives and being against universal healthcare, you establish a position that healthcare is for the rich whether you want to admit it or not. At the very least, has she ever said that she supports the concept of universal healthcare but doesn't support the solutions currently available? It's at least somewhat redeeming to believe in the concept even if you don't believe in the methods presented.

I adore the concept of David's book and am really tempted to buy it. I don't know his background as a chef so I'll probably check out some reviews if possible on the recipes but the idea that someone has thought of the themes and menu and drinks and even music...that's just awesome to me. Gives someone room to customize but at the very least, it should be a great starting template to work with. Also, that second picture of their kids was ridiculously cute. That's what I think fashion forward dressing kids look like. I'm not often impressed with kids outfits that are meant to look like mature, adult fashion.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Meghan's is so self-serving in her ideology that I can't fathom how she convinces herself that some of her positions aren't in fact contradictory and tone-deaf to other positions she has and it was very evident in Joy and Sunny's point. Supporting a candidate who says curing cancer is a priority while climate change doesn't even make her top 30 of important issues even though there are so many environmental factors that can contribute to various cancers makes no sense to me. She supports top priority of curing cancer but doesn't see the tone-deafness in not supporting universal healthcare. By throwing your weight behind health related initiatives and being against universal healthcare, you establish a position that healthcare is for the rich whether you want to admit it or not. At the very least, has she ever said that she supports the concept of universal healthcare but doesn't support the solutions currently available? It's at least somewhat redeeming to believe in the concept even if you don't believe in the methods presented.

I think most of us would agree curing cancer being important to Meghan is because her dad died from it.  She has shown time and time again she only cares about issues that directly affect her.  And i have asked before what is her top 30 issues.  I'm guessing estate tax is pretty high up on the list.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

Those chairs look awfully uncomfortable.  As does the guest chair on the daily show. I'm always cringing for the guests. Getting in the chair looks hard and they never look comfortable sitting. 

I look away when Meghan tries to hoist herself up on her chair. She gets no sympathy from me, not one bit. I look away so my emotions dont betray me.

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

There have been several times where she could give some real input on subjects they talk about, but whenever it’s something that veers slightly off her blue cards, she falls apart and cannot express herself, and reverts to the same old robotic talking points

Elisabeth was the same way.  Unless it's a subject Meghan is knowledgeable about like RH she really can't talk without having talking points laid out for her. She doesn't think well on her feet.  Whoopi and Joy two comics and Sunny an attorney can.  They are used to things not going as planned and  having to shift lanes.

35 minutes ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

Like the time they were discussing the “This is America” music video and she, the one with the Art History degree, insisted that art wasn’t political, a

Has she seen any art?

• Love 16

What is the holy hell is Nutmeg wearing?!?!?!?    That dress is beyond atrocious, and even skinny minny Sunny would look big as a house in it.  This is proof positive that wardrobe loathes Nutty as much as we do, and also that she herself has not an ounce of self-awareness.   No one should be wearing that monstrosity, much less MM.

• Love 6
(edited)

Oh, I dunno. I think Meg’s dress is kind of cute. 😊

So Meghan only socializes with Republicans?  Why does this not surprise me?  

And there it is— Meghan’s daily reminder of her grief. 

Ha!  Sunny was awesome talking about the beach incident. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

So, since Meghan doesn't have kids, she can't possibly empathize with someone whose kid was yelled at by an adult for being noisy while playing outside on the beach?!  

• Love 24

So McCain thinks the other ladies are making the 9/11 fund "partisan" by pointing out that Mitch McConnell and the Republican Majority in the Senate are being partisan on the issue? What she and her mystery R friends think is irrelevant because they are not senators.

• Love 19

Meghan only associates with Republicans?  Seriously, what kind of an adult makes a statement like that?  That thought process explains a lot about her inability to empathize, understand or even talk to someone with a different viewpoint.  She should be fired for that alone.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
(edited)

I thought Meghan looked very pretty today. I liked the dress. Ana's hair in the first segment looked like it could use a brush.

So here's the thing (a la Whoopi): instead of the promoted conversation about the Dominican Republic, we have to talk about Real Housewives? Don't get me wrong; I love RHONY and watched it last night, but why does The View care? Even Meghan didn't seem to want to talk about it. If they want to go for something more lighthearted,  why not pick a topic that genuinely interests the panel?

P.S. Meghan's dress looked better on Gayle

2019_21_300x300.jpg

Edited by Vanderboom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

Meghan only associates with Republicans?

wait.   she just did a video with a group of drag queens.   were they REPUBLICAN drag queens?   Are all those gay friends she says she has republicans too?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I thought Meghan looked very pretty today. I liked the dress. Ana's hair in the first segment looked like it could use a brush.

So here's the thing (a la Whoopi): instead of the promoted conversation about the Dominican Republic, we have to talk about Real Housewives? Don't get me wrong; I love RHONY and watched it last night, but why does The View care? Even Meghan didn't seem to want to talk about it. If they want to go for something more lighthearted,  why not pick a topic that genuinely interests the panel?

Or that interests the audience.  I have never watched any of the Real Housewives shows, the whole concept bores me.  The View sure pays a lot of attention to it lately, I wonder why, since it's not on the same network?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
(edited)
7 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

wait.   she just did a video with a group of drag queens.   were they REPUBLICAN drag queens?   Are all those gay friends she says she has republicans too?  

Didn't her bestie Clay Aiken run for office as a Democrat in North Carolina?

And isn't her sister Sydney a Democrat?

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
(edited)

John Delaney is a liar.  Just like certain other officials, he's saying that Medicare for All means losing your current insurance.  That isn't what Medicare for All is about, at all. You can keep your current insurance, if you like it.

He also said that he disagrees with the Green New Deal, which is "very vague." How can you be opposed to something if it's so vague that you don't know what it is?

Edited by Silver Raven
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)

While the dress looks great on Gayle, Meghan did look good from the neck up, especially the earrings.

God, a positive comment on Meghan....next I'll be pontificating on how much I like Sunny.

Eesh.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

when Meghan said Bethany was having a grief panic attack and she could understand was she suggesting some of her outbursts on The View were grief? I hadn’t thought of that but it makes sense that she could be using her grief to get a free pass for bad behavior and who would dare risk the fallout from reprimanding someone who is a grieving widow, sorry daughter! 

I did like her makeup today and the hair was much, much better than the childish braids. 

I think her saying she only socializes with Republicans is another falsehood like sitting there mute when they were discussing spouses who live apart and pretending she’s too poor to do such a thing. No way are her many, many gay friends Republicans. Unless of course, she doesn’t really consider them friends and doesn’t socialize with them anymore. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Just to illustrate how fake the Real Housewives are, did you notice in the clip that during all the drama not a single person looked up at them?  Even in NYC a commotion in a restaurant will elicit stares, unless of course the director instructs you to ignore it. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Just to illustrate how fake the Real Housewives are, did you notice in the clip that during all the drama not a single person looked up at them?  Even in NYC a commotion in a restaurant will elicit stares, unless of course the director instructs you to ignore it. 🙄

And did you see the look on Meghan’s face when Joy called it fake? She looked stricken

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

The thing about robocalls and the Do Not Call Registry is that under current law, the laws only apply to the continental U.S.   The FCC and FTC cannot regulate calls that are made from outside of the U.S., so, a lot of the calls are being outsourced are coming from other countries.  That's also why more and more calls are coming in the middle of the night.  The calls are being made in different time zones.  Some carriers have a system in place to block the calls on request, some don't.  My carrier, AT&T does not.  I get calls where the caller ID says "spam", which aggravates the crap out of me because, AT&T, if you know it's spam, block it!  Hopefully something more effective will be put in place soon.

They are also routed through fake numbers.  My mom is obsessed with calling back unnamed cell calls she misses, and a huge number of them are non-working numbers.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

They are also routed through fake numbers.  My mom is obsessed with calling back unnamed cell calls she misses, and a huge number of them are non-working numbers.

Most of them now are cloned numbers.  I have had my own number be used to call me.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

What is the holy hell is Nutmeg wearing?!?!?!?    That dress is beyond atrocious, and even skinny minny Sunny would look big as a house in it.  This is proof positive that wardrobe loathes Nutty as much as we do, and also that she herself has not an ounce of self-awareness.   No one should be wearing that monstrosity, much less MM.

It's shocking, but I kind of liked it and thought it made her look slimmer than normal.  I also liked her seemingly extension-free hair.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

And did you see the look on Meghan’s face when Joy called it fake? She looked stricken

Two nice things I'm saying about Meghan this year - I can't handle it!  BUT, I hated how Whoopi started with her condescending valley girl, dismissive talking.  Meghan is the only one who watches the show.  Perhaps she could have read the intro and guided the topic.  I don't appreciate the panel acting like I'm a moron for watching this show.  Maybe they shouldn't handle these topics at all.

16 minutes ago, Haleth said:

More and more the housewives shows are filling restaurants with staff members.  Or so I've read.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Sunny’s son keeps getting younger when she tells her Bethenny Frankel story.  He was nine in some video I watched, today he was seven.

Bethenny's daughter wasn't even born when Gabriel was seven.  I'm believing Sunny's story less and less.  Randomly yelling at a group of kids to pipe it down is completely different from personally yelling at poor little Gabriel.  It doesn't even make senses because yelling shut up is just as disturbing as loud children.  I can see Beth marching down to the beach and telling the children to be quieter.  Definitely.

• Love 8
(edited)
13 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Bethenny's daughter wasn't even born when Gabriel was seven.  I'm believing Sunny's story less and less.  Randomly yelling at a group of kids to pipe it down is completely different from personally yelling at poor little Gabriel.  It doesn't even make senses because yelling shut up is just as disturbing as loud children.  I can see Beth marching down to the beach and telling the children to be quieter.  Definitely.

You are correct.  I'm thinking that Sunny has her years a little mixed up.  As posted upthread, in one story, Sunny said her son was 9, other stories, he was 8, and today he was 7.

Sunny's son, Gabriel was born in 2002, and Bethenny's daughter was born in May of 2010.  So, at the earliest, Gabriel would have been 8 years old when Bethenny's daughter was an infant.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

I think that Meghan is really loathe to insult or call out any bad behaviors of the Real Housewives because she truly aspires to be one of those ladies.  She could drink, shriek and carry on all she wants without any recrimination - as she said - she would be rewarded for her bad behavior!  

• Love 13