Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/10/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, June 10 
 Regina Hall (“Shaft”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices 

Tuesday, June 11 
Tim McGraw and Jon Meacham (authors, “Songs of America: Patriotism, Protest, and the Music That Made a Nation”); Elaine Welteroth (author, “More Than Enough: Claiming Space for Who You Are (No Matter What They Say)”)

Wednesday, June 12 
Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka (“Wig”; “Life of the Party”)

Thursday, June 13 
 The Political View with 2020 Democratic presidential candidate John Delaney

Friday, June 14 
Kevin Bacon (“City on a Hill”); “Feel Good Friday: View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

• Love 3
16 hours ago, TheView said:

Meghan has a connection to Jon Meacham too 

Was coming here to mention he's another one who kisses the Ass McCain.  I'm sure she'll sit smiling away and shaking her head in the affirmative as he heaps praise on The Family McCain.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

Was coming here to mention he's another one who kisses the Ass McCain.  I'm sure she'll sit smiling away and shaking her head in the affirmative as he heaps praise on The Family McCain.

That's one way to shut her up and repel her venom. I think Howard Stern buttered her up just to save his eardrums.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

I can't wait for WunderWoman's report on what happened AFTER the first two segments.  (What a little witch Meggie was ... telling Ana they'd already showed a clip of what Biden said ... that's not what Ana was talking about!!)

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

What's Meggy's deal today and her pretending to have to worry about money?  First, she wouldn't want to live separately from her husband because it would be too expensive, now it's extra wedding guests are expensive.

Sounds like you don't make enough at your current job, Megs.  You better quit and find something that pays better.

Sounded to me like she will be trying to negotiate her new contract for next season at a higher pay scale, because, you know - she's the daughter, she's the only conservative on the panel, she gets picked on walking out of her door, blah, blah, blah.....

• Useful 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I was really appalled by her arrogance in saying that Biden needs to win her over in order to get her vote.

Meghan is assuming Biden will win the nomination.  Unless she is going to vote in the Democratic primary which I doubt.  And just how exactly will Biden win her over?  Switch parties?  

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

Not only has Hollywood gotten lazy with serving us remakes,  reboots and rehashes of movies but it has also gotten lazy with the titles.  For instance,  this is the 3rd movie in the SHAFT franchise to be titled SHAFT. Same with Halloween, both the 1978 and the 2018 version are titled HALLOWEEN. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Whoopi just shut Meggy down!!!!! "Can I just say something?"

23 minutes ago, Stoned said:

Heh,Whoopi closed the door on the Megs..

6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I was really appalled by her arrogance in saying that Biden needs to win her over in order to get her vote. No, he does not have to do a damn thing but win over Democrats who matter in the Democratic primary. She really thinks that she is the center of the universe. Whoopie shutting her down was a thing of beauty..

DEETS! I need DEETS! A transcription...a "word for WORD"* of what Her Twatness said that had Whoopi shuttin' her down.

*Ghost, when Sam was telling Oda Mae to tell Molly what he was saying: "word for word." 

Sam: "I need you to tell Molly what I'm saying. But you have to tell her word for word."

Oda Mae "Yes. He wants me to tell you what he's saying. WORD FOR WORD."

Sam: "Molly, You're in danger."

Oda Mae: "You can't just blurt it out like that. And quit moving around, will you? Cuz you're starting to make me dizzy. I'll tell her in my own way.

Molly? You in Danger Girl."

Me: 🤣🤣

• LOL 12
  • Love 6

Wow I only saw about 5 minutes before I had to leave but Meghan was so mean to Ana. Ana was explaining why Joe changed his opinion and Meghan snapped that she already knew why (I didn’t and wanted to hear Ana) and when Ana said the audience would like to know, Meghan scoffed and said we just saw the clip. Ana just ignored her and went on to make her point. Then Meghan said “Can I say something” at the end of the abortion segment when we all know her opinion and she did a little monologue earlier and nobody interrupted. Yikes. I wonder how the commercial was, did she storm into the wings? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

You see, Meghan, some politicians are not going to weigh every thought, every decision, on how it might sway certain categories of voters. 

Or how the most important and knowledgeable political pundint in American history...Y-O-U...will accept their decisions.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9

Y'all remember Friday when NutMeg said she wasn't a teacher of politics get her she was again telling Biden what he had to do to win votes. Ana should have decked her rude ass.

The next segment was karma for her nasty ass. Whoopi was just going to commercial and was going to let her talk next segment but NutMeg cried like the child she is. Whoopi was not having it. You aren't going to lie and act like she never gets to talk when she shuts down everybody else.

It was all funny how quiet she was when Ana was talking about Biden plagiarizing his policy.

• Love 20
(edited)
49 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I wonder if Meghan gets nervous whenever she  hears someone say plagiarism.

Or if there's her little thought bubble, "Playing with germs?  I know I've heard that term somewhere and I should comment. I'll just wait and figure it out."  Then...GOTCHA!

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)

I've got ten minutes to go yet, but I rarely watch live. I enjoy all of your comments better than the show anyway. Sounds like quite the show today.

Edited by nokat
Spelling.
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Or if there's her little thought bubble, "Playing with germs?  I know I've heard that term somewhere and I should comment. I'll just wait and figure it out."

Ana should’ve mentioned Ben and his plagiarism. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

What's Meggy's deal today and her pretending to have to worry about money?  First, she wouldn't want to live separately from her husband because it would be too expensive, 

That could be true.  Maybe when she's with him she can control HER purse strings.  If he's on his own for a time, who knows....

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

What's Meggy's deal today and her pretending to have to worry about money?  First, she wouldn't want to live separately from her husband because it would be too expensive, now it's extra wedding guests are expensive.

Sounds like you don't make enough at your current job, Megs.  You better quit and find something that pays better.

Also, she brings up her polyamorous acquaintances, as if living with multiple partners is the answer to needing more me-time.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I was really appalled by her arrogance in saying that Biden needs to win her over in order to get her vote. No, he does not have to do a damn thing but win over Democrats who matter in the Democratic primary. She really thinks that she is the center of the universe. Whoopie shutting her down was a thing of beauty..

And Biden is not and need not win over the alt-righters.  There are a lot of rust-belt and middle America people who voted for Trump and his promise of jobs and money in their pockets that have not materialized - they are looking to listen to alternatives for 2020.

During the commercials they showed a "Bring back the Bell" promo(?) - I'm not sure why, but they never needed a bell before Meghan joined the View.

I'd like to know Regina Hall's beauty secret - she appears to be reverse-aging - she's 48!

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Not only has Hollywood gotten lazy with serving us remakes,  reboots and rehashes of movies but it has also gotten lazy with the titles.  For instance,  this is the 3rd movie in the SHAFT franchise to be titled SHAFT. Same with Halloween, both the 1978 and the 2018 version are titled HALLOWEEN. 

Several times my TV provider lists a movie with the date of the original that I want to see, so I DVR it only to find that it is a pathetic remake … DELETE!

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And Biden is not and need not win over the alt-righters.  There are a lot of rust-belt and middle America people who voted for Trump and his promise of jobs and money in their pockets that have not materialized - they are looking to listen to alternatives for 2020.

During the commercials they showed a "Bring back the Bell" promo(?) - I'm not sure why, but they never needed a bell before Meghan joined the View.

I think they did have it before MM but not much before.  Now who'da think it  i laughed during that bell ad, because they showed a quick 2 second clip of Abby laughing at tbe bell.

• Love 8

So I haven't watched the first half of the show yet. I  tuned in when they were talking about Paltrow and I thought the table looked tense, reading the comments I can see why.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Meghan seems dismissive of Gwyneth P's solution, but Meghan is not a parent to teenagers!  It's a temporary solution, and one that makes a lot of sense for the time that kids are teens and young adults.   It is a very complicated issue when you're talking about blending families, telling kids that they are now siblings, when they didn't grow up with each other.  It can be a disaster, and it seems that these parents chose what was best for their kids.  

• Love 14