Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/10/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/14/2019 at 1:51 PM, Haleth said:

Hopefully not near Bethany Frankel’s house? 😄

I bet Joy and friends (real friends) would get along with Bethenny ... and one simple reason is that B. wouldn't have to play her "character" on a reality show.  Bethenny's smart, educated, opinionated, wealthy, talented, successful in business, a great cook (former caterer and cookbook author)--and then all the bad things too.

Edited by HaaCHOO
oops..."would" to "wouldn't"
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I didn't care for the dress either.  I think a dress like that would look good on someone like Katy Perry.

We've seen several different versions.  Is Mehan's (maybe) the Spanx version ... but two sizes too small?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I love me some Kevin Bacon.    He may not be classically handsome, but he sure is sexy.   And that voice...........like like buttered honey. 💕   

5 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

I could just watch Kevin Bacon walk😂

I think that Kevin Bacon is extremely sexy!  But, also, he seems very approachable, and someone that would be fun to just hang out with, having burgers and beers.  (Maybe that's what makes him so sexy?)

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I think that Kevin Bacon is extremely sexy!  But, also, he seems very approachable, and someone that would be fun to just hang out with, having burgers and beers.  (Maybe that's what makes him so sexy?)

Lol.. yup , that and his very lean , very sexy body and good hair! 😍

• Love 2

Joy and her daughter have probably taught Joy's grandson not to squeal like a pig, disturbing all the neighbours.  Sunny seems to think her husband and kids can do no wrong, no matter what the topic.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Joy and her daughter have probably taught Joy's grandson not to squeal like a pig, disturbing all the neighbours.  Sunny seems to think her husband and kids can do no wrong, no matter what the topic.

Right. Young children playing on the beach on a summer day need to be quiet. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Right. Young children playing on the beach on a summer day need to be quiet. 

Exactly.  

We don't know anything about Sunny's kids or Joy's grandson. But I'm sure  they didn't deserve to be yelled at by some woman for playing "loudly" on the beach in the middle of the day.

🙄

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Plus, you don't yell at other people's children, you are just asking for trouble in my opinion.  

Right! I wish somebody would yell at my child while doing nothing more than acting like a child. Nope, that would not fly with me. I agree with Sunny adults speak to adults.

• Love 15

I really enjoyed that graduation speech. I think speeches are pre-approved for these sort of things, so I'm surprised they let her say it. In high school, I had a science teacher that was frequently on her phone. 

"Difference between Democrats and cannibals is that cannibals don't eat their family" is this an actual saying.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, falltime said:

I really enjoyed that graduation speech. I think speeches are pre-approved for these sort of things, so I'm surprised they let her say it. In high school, I had a science teacher that was frequently on her phone. 

"Difference between Democrats and cannibals is that cannibals don't eat their family" is this an actual saying.

That speech actually had me laughing and gasping lol. It was all amazing but The part about the alcoholic teacher, wow . That young lady was done with these people.

I've never heard the cannibal bullshit.  Stfu Meghan.  Plus everytime they talk about this subject,  I want someone to say to Meghan isn't terrible that your team let's all that immoral bs slide, just to win?  It will never happen but a girl can dream.

• Love 16
(edited)
32 minutes ago, falltime said:

I really enjoyed that graduation speech. I think speeches are pre-approved for these sort of things, so I'm surprised they let her say it. 

She probably submitted a different speech for approval.  I've heard people throw in a couple of barbs, but is sounded like she rewrote a couple of paragraphs.  It was refreshing to hear and I enjoyed Joy's & Ana's reactions while Squinty seemed concerned they'd get into her rich-person's access to Columbia. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:45 PM, Tammee said:

I always record it to FF through.  I'll  start watching about 20 after.

Probably because Real Housewives topics are only there to soothe the asshole at the right of the table who can't talk about anything political for more than 7-10 minutes before devolving into a screaming fit. They most likely thought Sunny criticizing one of her idols would set the snowflake off, as all opinions and facts that don't agree with her--political or otherwise--are wont to do. I'm glad Sunny, Whoopi, and Joy all took the piss out of Bethenny Frankel. Because I don't like her, the Real Housewives, or The View's resident Housewives fan Rich Bitch McCain. Screw all three. I especially loved that Whoopi used her valley girl voice.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Plus, you don't yell at other people's children, you are just asking for trouble in my opinion.  

For the most part i agree 99%. But that òoooooooone percent LOL.  I had this apartment and the woman above would come down to chat and would bring her kid.  This little girl had a full water pistol and she would come right up to me and shoot me in the face with it!  Mom sitting right there not saying a MFing thing.  I was so pissed but stayed calm (ish) and made an excuse to get them out. The balls man!  I still get pissed thinking about it lol.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Tammee said:

For the most part i agree 99%. But that òoooooooone percent LOL.  I had this apartment and the woman above would come down to chat and would bring her kid.  This little girl had a full water pistol and she would come right up to me and shoot me in the face with it!  Mom sitting right there not saying a MFing thing.  I was so pissed but stayed calm (ish) and made an excuse to get them out. The balls man!  I still get pissed thinking about it lol.

I would make an exception and say something to the kid about disrespecting me like that. I would not use profanity or raise my voice, if the mother got upset, oh well. Plus, the mom brought her kid into your home, so you were entitled to say something to the kid.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11

I am a lot older than 7 and if Bethenny yelled at me you bet my mom would tell her off. 

Friday show bored me.  Did not even finish the show.  Joy should keep the big glasses. 

My total random post for the day.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 6/14/2019 at 12:58 PM, SPinCA said:

Loved Joy’s cemetery story. We did that too 😆 We brought a picnic and actually my grandparents went to the cemetery every single day but in summer we would go on Sunday afternoons to bring flowers and then we’d have to go everyday after school during November but too cold for a picnic. I hadn’t thought of that on a long time, brought back some memories to me. We’re Irish though so the sandwiches were ham not veal! We were taken to every wake in the area too. You’d sit beside the body and have a cup of tea and a sandwich for be “respectful”. No wonder I have a dark sense of humor.

i never knew Sunny’s dad was so accomplished, I always figured her folks were very blue collar because of her stories about growing up in the projects. I’m going to have to read up about her childhood when I get home. 

I loved your backstory @spinca!   And totally relate to it.    I love me a cemetery.  The Art, history, architecture, gothicness.  I would take a cemetery over any park any where any day. 🙃  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I would make an exception and say something to the kid about disrespecting me like that. I would not use profanity or raise my voice, if the mother got upset, oh well. Plus, the mom brought her kid into your home, so you were entitled to say something to the kid.

Thats what i did do. I asked to please stop.  Mom did nothing. 

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Tamme, I feel your pain, that is why we need Planned Parenthood!

You just reminded me of another incident!  I was at LaGuardia waiting to get a flight and this mom and teenage daughter sat down next to me.  Daughter pulls out a bottle of the most rank perfume that went right to a migraine.  She literally spritzed herself every 5 minutes with it. I couldnt take it.

Edited by Tammee
This must be dirty little confessions night haha. 800-CALL-ME-BABY. Heehee not a real numbers folks, please dont call haaaha
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 6/14/2019 at 10:17 PM, blondiec0332 said:

I am an atheist but I've told my family I want two songs played at my funeral.   Knockin on heavens door and Highway to hell just in case I'm wrong.

I would think that hell would be the better party.  Like you I am not a believer.

8 hours ago, Tammee said:

For the most part i agree 99%. But that òoooooooone percent LOL.  I had this apartment and the woman above would come down to chat and would bring her kid.  This little girl had a full water pistol and she would come right up to me and shoot me in the face with it!

I would have said nothing and then grabbed the water gun and tossed it out the window, stepped on it, or something.  If a mom is too stupid to bring a water pistol to someone's house then she deserved to have it broken.

Bethany makes the #1 mistake, according to my mom, which is to have quiet when babies sleep.  Hell, I used to vacuum underneath the crib.  She could have closed the windows and put on white noise or perhaps just shut the fuck up.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I wonder is Bethenny is still dressing in her daughter's clothes? The kid is now 9 but I remember how proud she was of herself fitting into her 4-yr-old daughter's clothes.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I wonder is Bethenny is still dressing in her daughter's clothes? The kid is now 9 but I remember how proud she was of herself fitting into her 4-yr-old daughter's clothes.

See how dangerous it is to post a silly photo? One occurrence, 2014, pajamas.  Again, once.

• Love 3
On 6/14/2019 at 4:34 PM, falltime said:

We had a nun...very old* in Study Hall. Mine was in the afternoon and as soon as we all got seated and she started to do paperwork, she'd fall asleep for the entire period.  We loved it because we could do whatever we wanted to...quietly.  No one ever complained.

*5-6 years after I graduated, her photo was on the front page of our newspaper, walking down the stairs at Arizona State University where she was working on her doctorate.  Looked the same. Old.  I have no clue how old she really was.

• Love 4
On 6/14/2019 at 3:55 PM, deirdra said:

5 hours ago, tribeca said:

I am a lot older than 7 and if Bethenny yelled at me you bet my mom would tell her off. 

We've never heard the full story.  Was it one "innocent" little boy and Big Bad Bethenny yelling in his face?  Or...were there several kids out having a normal good time--making noise--and Bethenny yelled out the window for them to PIPE DOWN! ??  Sunny will probably mention it one too many times and we will hear a response.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

We've never heard the full story.  Was it one "innocent" little boy and Big Bad Bethenny yelling in his face?  Or...were there several kids out having a normal good time--making noise--and Bethenny yelled out the window for them to PIPE DOWN! ??  Sunny will probably mention it one too many times and we will hear a response.

The fact that the producers were telling Sunny in her ear not to tell the story again, but she told it anyways, is also odd.  Sunny and Bethenny were obviously not both on the beach when it happened. Either Sunny was on the beach and Bethenny was yelling out the window, necessitating Sunny's march up to her house to knock on the door, or Bethenny was on the beach so she could yell in the kid's face and Sunny heard the story second hand & doesn't really know the details.  If Bethenny's "baby" was sleeping, this must have all happened 7-9 yrs ago so it is not clear why Sunny is still so incensed about it.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

In the story Sunny states it's her daughter.

I don't care about how many kids are gathered on a beach where people are renting.  If you don't want neighbors then don't rent on a beach with neighbors.  It's just that simple.

• Love 5

Picnic at the cemetery:  We had them all the time too.  Lovely place to ride bikes for kids, and for adults to sneak other cremated family members into the graves. 🙋‍♀️

I caught up on 3 days at once.  I don't remember which day the topic was on Dem politicians being too hard on others running.  Of course MM agreed and I laughed out loud.  She forgets that her own father was vilified in the primary against GWB.  I thought it was horrible of GWB to poop on McCain's military record, but he went to town on him.  I always thought that was one of the reasons McCain lost in 2008.  Members of his own party could not forget the allegations and refused to vote for him.  I don't know anyone else prior to 2000, on any side, that had that done to them.  My point is that she has a lot of nerve talking about others like she has no issue herself.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Picnic at the cemetery:  We had them all the time too.  Lovely place to ride bikes for kids, and for adults to sneak other cremated family members into the graves. 🙋‍♀️

I caught up on 3 days at once.  I don't remember which day the topic was on Dem politicians being too hard on others running.  Of course MM agreed and I laughed out loud.  She forgets that her own father was vilified in the primary against GWB.  I thought it was horrible of GWB to poop on McCain's military record, but he went to town on him.  I always thought that was one of the reasons McCain lost in 2008.  Members of his own party could not forget the allegations and refused to vote for him.  I don't know anyone else prior to 2000, on any side, that had that done to them.  My point is that she has a lot of nerve talking about others like she has no issue herself.

Don't forget her party fanning the fans of racism against her adopted Bangladesh sister.  That was so low but not surprising...

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Sorry to post on an old topic.  I'm catching up on my lurking.

I have no problem believing Bethanny ran out like a raving banshee at Sunny's child.  It fits in perfectly with her character of narcissistic victim.  I actually like a lot of qualities that Bethanny has.  She has an amazing quick wit and sharp tongue when necessary, the problem is she blows up problems to ten times their actual size when they affect her. Just look at the way she was when she was in between homes on her first season back to ROHNY.  It was "OMG, I'm homeless and my husband is this horrible cruel person.  No one's problem's are bigger than mine. Why oh why do I have to put up with all of this anguish?"  Meanwhile she's building an expensive designer apartment in Manhattan and dealing with a divorce from a husband who loves his daughter and wants a part in her life.  If she really needed a place to live she had more than enough money to rent a condo in Brooklyn for a year, but that wasn't good enough for Bethanny.  Instead she made this huge drama about her living situation and used it as an excuse to act like a total ass to her castmates. Even before that season I could tell Bethanny was a bit of a drama queen when it suited her (lots of people are, it doesn't make her the devil), but just from that season alone it is more than obvious to me that she would go all whoopass crazy on a couple of defenseless kids at the beach if she thought they were inconveniencing her daughter's day.

As for the fact that she gave to charity, so what? Good for her I guess, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have her flaws.  Do you know how many shady captains of industry in the past have given to charities in order to assuage their guilt or improve their public image? Happens all the time.  I don't mind that she made her donations to Puerto Rico public at the time, but from what I hear, it was a big part of her story line and now people are using it as evidence that she's not really that bad which to me just means she played it perfectly. It really doesn't convince me she's some loving Mother Teresa at all other hours of the day.

• Love 4