Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/10/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't appreciate the panel acting like I'm a moron for watching this show

I've watched the shows since Day One...and have weaned myself away from the New Jersey, Orange County, and Beverly Hills franchises--rather Andy Cohen and BRAVO weaned me.  I still watch RHoNew York and I DO feel like a moron.  That said, the time passed long ago for Whoopi to get rid of her demeaning and unfunny Valleh Gurl voyysssss.

Edited by HaaCHOO
can't spell "Beverly"
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

The View sure pays a lot of attention to it lately, I wonder why, since it's not on the same network?  

Hint: The Princess of Arizona is also the Queen of The View?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I think Meghan is just jealous that Scaramucci's wife is being considered (which is only a rumor at this point), and she isn't

Anthony S. has the same agent (United Talent Agency) as Meghan and a close relative.  Some calls will be made!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Randomly yelling at a group of kids to pipe it down is completely different from personally yelling at poor little Gabriel. 

After seeing that Bethany display from the show today, I can believe that she yelled at a bunch of kids.  She was positively psycho and if I were the other woman, I would have called the cops on her.  She looked like she was going to physically assault her.

NutMeg didn't like Sunny telling that story about her pal Bethany and tried to point out that Bethany sent her a nice note when her dad died (of course she had to make Sunny's story about her, and even better, her father's death).  Sunny deadpans that she didn't get a nice note, which flustered NutMeg so much that she couldn't even respond.  I was sure she was going to snarl that her father's death was no comparison to Gabriel being yelled at.  But she stopped herself.

4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Or that interests the audience.  I have never watched any of the Real Housewives shows, the whole concept bores me.  The View sure pays a lot of attention to it lately, I wonder why, since it's not on the same network?  

I could  not figure out why they talked about this either.  It's reality tv, it is all fake.  So why bother?

Edited by bannana
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19

Other than the much needed haircut, Nutmeg looked like Rainbow Brite to me.  Her join me at #deaddadclub tweet for Fathers Day? Is truly pathetic. 

Whoopi’s annoying valley speak  has always been irritating. Why not have Megan do the intro to pop culture topics instead? 

• Love 11

5 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I thought Meghan looked very pretty today. I liked the dress. Ana's hair in the first segment looked like it could use a brush.

P.S. Meghan's dress looked better on Gayle

2019_21_300x300.jpg

I get that Meghan likes to present herself as demure, but she would look much better if she wore lower necklines, like Gayle is here. I thought she looked really pretty today, though. I also liked Ana's blazer--it reminded me of a Nudie suit.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Didn't her bestie Clay Aiken run for office as a Democrat in North Carolina?

And isn't her sister Sydney a Democrat?

She said, she basically only hangs out with Republicans at this point.  I wouldn't be terribly surprised is Clay and some of her other "liberal" friends have distanced themselves from her.    Wouldn't be terribly shocked either if she wasn't particularly close to her half siblings.   

I do wonder how MM would have reacted if she told a story about someone disrespecting her or her father and Sunny immediately followed the story with, well that person wrote me a very nice note.   Probably the same hair flip and eye roll she gave Sunny...LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is just so nasty to Ana and Ana does not give a damn!  I think Nutmeg is still upset over Ana dissing her the other day about her only inviting people that she likes at her wedding.

Yes she is.  She is always making Ana defend herself as a republican.  Like Nutmeg is baiting her and doesn't think she is repub enough.  Nutmeg can suck it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Did Meggie get a haircut?  It looks more styled & shorter!!  (Like Sippy Cup's.)

It looks better shorter, but I wonder if it has lost its soothing companion animal properties when she pets it.

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
On 6/12/2019 at 11:46 AM, OnTime said:

I can now only watch the show when I record it.  Between the 99 commercials and the endless ramble at times, I must FF.  How does everyone else watch?

I always record it to FF through.  I'll  start watching about 20 after.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Tammee said:

I always record it to FF through.  I'll  start watching about 20 after.

I do this with virtually every show I watch.  If I'm home I'll start watching ~25-30 minutes after it starts and finish at the same time as the live-watchers, without having to listen to Whoopi's welcome or commercials or dud guests.  If I can't watch early, I may not watch at all or just FF to a juicy spot mentioned on this forum.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7

Random thoughts.

MM: I too liked her hair today..she should do that more often than the mound of extensions and curls.  Also, is she unable to listen to someone without the squinty eye look?  It’s like she can’t concentrate on someone talking without that look.  Or maybe she thinks it makes her look thoughtful and like she’s actually thinking about what that person is saying?  She had that look most of the show and it just looks like shes sneering/unhappy.  (Though maybe she is!). 

Sunny: I’m guessing her story is a bit different than the truth.  First the age thing.  Now she’s the mother bear.  My guess is that, since they were right in front of her house (and they could probably move a bit away pretty easily) she asked them to be quiet.  Given Sunny’s propensity for thinking her kids are the best, that probably irritated her to have someone criticize one of them.  And I’m also guessing if sunny was really close by, Bethany would have said something to her directly but she was probably a bit away.  

I too am a RHONY viewer and, for those who don’t watch, I don’t think the clip they showed was the normal bethanny.  She can be caustic, direct and she certainly stands up for herself, but she’s not usually that emotionally out of control (she’s often too much in control of that kind of emotion). Just sayin’.  

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/12/2019 at 2:19 PM, njbchlover said:

Sunny spoke before about how Bethenny Frankel yelled at her son for being too loud while they were vacationing near each other a few years ago.  I don't remember the exact specifics, but it was something about Sunny's son outside playing, and Bethenny yelled at him to be quiet because Bethenny's daughter was napping, or something like that.

She did say that Bethenny was very rude at the time.

On an after show when Sunny was a guest host at the time ( June 2016) Joy quoted Bethanneys advice not to brag about a wonderful guy / marriage because then it ends badly  etc.   Sunny lowered her voice and batted her eyes and coyly brought the “run in “ up that happened a couple of summers before.  Sunny was inside drinking her Rose and heard the yelling so she stomps over pounding on her door.   Beth would not come to the door, but her then husband was very nice. She said that BF  was very cordial later sending over a bunch of Skinny Girl stuff that all her friends drank up and enjoyed.  She said when questioned her son was 8-9.   Her son was born 2002 and this happened 2014? Making him him 12 which I  kinda recall that  age on one of her telling of the story.   What is worse to me is her relentless slamming of Frankels’s  motives for flying and distributing money and supplies to Puerto Rico. ( she’d been there at that point 6 times and sent 54 planes and million in cash.) she said camera documentation was once. She went to Texas as well as North Carolina.

My most likely  OT remarks are that Sunny has a hard on for Bethanney and needs to get a grip.  This is a women who drove over and ripped a phone out of her then boyfriends wall when he cut her short because he had friends over at his apartment.  I don’t know if Joy forgot the full story but it was told in detail on the after show. I doubt the break down on the housewives show was how she yelled at her son. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

On 6/10/2019 at 6:33 PM, bella1716 said:

There was one show last fall where she was yelling, interrupting, and shrieking so much that I actually thought she was drunk. And I'm not saying that as a joke she was slurring and being really weird and Ana just had a WTF face the whole time lol. and she was drinking from her cup a lot and carrying like a drunk person would. I wouldn't be surprised if she drinks her feelings

She does. She has said as much. 

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, falltime said:

I wonder why the producers told Sunny not to tell the Bethenny story. They haven't uploaded the video onto their twitter or youtube.

Because Sunny's "facts" have changed* every time she told it on air?

*In her favor, of course. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is just so nasty to Ana and Ana does not give a damn!  I think Nutmeg is still upset over Ana dissing her the other day about her only inviting people that she likes at her wedding.

Things change...oh, how things change when one deals with the Princess of Arizona.  In response to this 2017 tweet, Meghan posed several hearts...

Ana Navarro-Cárdenas‏Verified account @ananavarro 4 Dec 2017

Ana Navarro-Cárdenas Retweeted to StaceyMN  Please be open-minded. We must learn to disagree civilly & listen to different opinions. @MeghanMcCain is my friend. She is a good person. I love her mom & dad. Even though we’re in same Party, we often have different perspectives. That’s a healthy thing. It’s all good.

P.S.  Didn't Ana use that same line about inviting "people she likes" shortly after the wedding?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, falltime said:

I wonder why the producers told Sunny not to tell the Bethenny story. They haven't uploaded the video onto their twitter or youtube.

Probably because she's already told it a couple of times.

• Love 6
(edited)
53 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

OMG!  Haven't seen the show yet.  Meghan??? wore that dress?  Bless her heart. Did I get that right? Can't wait!!

Dare I say, Meghan resembled a giant Rubik's Cube in that dress! 

rubic-cube-19287.jpg

Edited by Natasha
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1
On 6/12/2019 at 10:41 AM, Coffeewinewater said:

I wanted say I'm not really a country music fan, but i love Faith Hill and Tim McGraw as a couple. I've heard them speak out on certain topics and I liked the view they had. I know people think Tim McGraw is sexy,  he's way to skinny for me to consider him sexy 😄.  Jon Meacham can call me anytime of the night and I'd pick up my phone. I never pick up my phone, but Jon Meacham has a sexy voice.😄

Ok I'll see myself out now.

Yes....John Meacham....I’m with you 😘

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, falltime said:

I'm new to show so it was new to me.

Welcome to whatever view you happen upon. 😉

(Whoopi, in an effort to be contradictory, mangles Barbara' s catchphrase more often than not. )

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

They finally put up the clip. I wonder if the people that appear in the background in the restaurant get paid. It was so funny to see them not reacting to Bethenny losing it.

Meghan's awkward okay to Sunny at the end. 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

OMG!  Haven't seen the show yet.  Meghan??? wore that dress?  Bless her heart. Did I get that right? Can't wait!!

It was a version of that dress, with a higher neckline.  

Personally, I don't like it - too busy, too many colors.  I did think Meghan's hair looked nice,  I mean, it looked like it was just her real hair, with no extensions, and a classic style, with no buns, braids, or bumps.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Plus when Sunny originally told the story in June of 2016 she said that Bethanney actually was cordial after by sending a bunch of Skinny Girl stuff, I’m sure there had to have been a note attached.  She also had to mention she could afford only one week but Beth rented for the whole summer. What’s that got to do with it? 

I like Sunny  but she’s coming off  jealous to get in a Twitter war about what someone’s intentions were for a fantastic rescue mission to disaster areas. 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Plus when Sunny originally told the story in June of 2016 she said that Bethanney actually was cordial after by sending a bunch of Skinny Girl stuff, I’m sure there had to have been a note attached.  She also had to mention she could afford only one week but Beth rented for the whole summer. What’s that got to do with it? 

I like Sunny  but she’s coming off  jealous to get in a Twitter war about what someone’s intentions were for a fantastic rescue mission to disaster areas. 

Just watched it, and what Sunny said was that Sunny walked up to Bethenney's house and knocked on the door and she refused to answer.  She said that later Bethenney sent Skinny Girl stuff to her (I guess without a note) and also that Bethenney's husband was gracious.

I agree that the twitter war over Bethenney's Puerto Rico efforts was not a good look on Sunny.  I kind of remember that and she should just not have gone there.  Sunny is all about helping PR, so when someone does, she should be gracious and appreciative, no matter their motives.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Personally, I don't like it - too busy, too many colors.  I did think Meghan's hair looked nice,  I mean, it looked like it was just her real hair, with no extensions, and a classic style, with no buns, braids, or bumps.  

I didn't care for the dress either.  I think a dress like that would look good on someone like Katy Perry.

• Love 6
(edited)
17 hours ago, bannana said:

After seeing that Bethany display from the show today, I can believe that she yelled at a bunch of kids.  She was positively psycho and if I were the other woman, I would have called the cops on her.  She looked like she was going to physically assault her.

NutMeg didn't like Sunny telling that story about her pal Bethany and tried to point out that Bethany sent her a nice note when her dad died (of course she had to make Sunny's story about her, and even better, her father's death).  Sunny deadpans that she didn't get a nice note, which flustered NutMeg so much that she couldn't even respond.  I was sure she was going to snarl that her father's death was no comparison to Gabriel being yelled at.  But she stopped herself.

I could  not figure out why they talked about this either.  It's reality tv, it is all fake.  So why bother?

Right? I get when they talk about The Bachelor franchise, because those shows are on ABC.  Maybe they're throwing Meghan a bone?

In my fantasy version, The View producers don't want to fire John McCain's daughter within a year of his death, so they're trying to showcase her as a potential housewife, in hopes Bravo will lure her away and they can be done with her.

SHHHHHHH. Let me have this.

I totally agree with what you said about Bethenny. I'm watching yesterday's episode right now, and all I could think was that she might be on drugs too. 

I believe Sunny. I don't remember the exact ages my kids were when lots of things happened, unless I can specifically associate that thing with a milestone in their lives, or with a school year.

I could easily tell a story and think my kid was 7, when he was actually 8 or 9.

19 hours ago, njbchlover said:

You are correct.  I'm thinking that Sunny has her years a little mixed up.  As posted upthread, in one story, Sunny said her son was 9, other stories, he was 8, and today he was 7.

Sunny's son, Gabriel was born in 2002, and Bethenny's daughter was born in May of 2010.  So, at the earliest, Gabriel would have been 8 years old when Bethenny's daughter was an infant.  

Just to be *that girl* for a minute, according to Wikipedia, Gabriel was born on August 5, 2002. If they were on vacation in July of that year, he still would  have been seven.

17 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Other than the much needed haircut, Nutmeg looked like Rainbow Brite to me.  Her join me at #deaddadclub tweet for Fathers Day? Is truly pathetic. 

Whoopi’s annoying valley speak  has always been irritating. Why not have Megan do the intro to pop culture topics instead? 

I loved Meghan's hair on her. Her mom is a beautiful woman. I wonder if she took her aside and said, "Honey, after 30, there are hairstyles that just don't serve you as well." 

16 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I get that Meghan likes to present herself as demure, but she would look much better if she wore lower necklines, like Gayle is here. I thought she looked really pretty today, though. I also liked Ana's blazer--it reminded me of a Nudie suit.

I liked Meghan's dress on Thursday's episode, but you're completely right about the neckline. She was something of a cleavage-y slutbomb  (TM Buffy the Vampire Slayer) in her youth, so I think she's over-compensating.

She might be too busty to feel  comfortable with the neckline Gayle's wearing, but surely there's a happy medium. Aside from being too high, her dress seemed to pucker near the neckline, like someone added extra panels to the top, but was in too much of a rush to do it right.

I don't know if I'm going to make it through John Delaney's second segment. Not to get into politics itself, I'm just annoyed at how many Democrats are running --  and I'm a Democrat.

A lot of these also-rans are just trying to establish themselves on the national stage, and normally I get that, but *this* isn't the election for that. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, General Days said:

I believe Sunny. I don't remember the exact ages my kids were when lots of things happened, unless I can specifically associate that thing with a milestone in their lives, or with a school year.

After I had my son he is how I remembered things.  I would say such and such happened when my son was 6 even if had nothing to do with him.  Or I would say such and such happened before I had my son. So while Sunny might not remember his specific age she remembers he was young.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

This has to have been prerecorded. No mention of Sarah Sanders?

Yes it was prerecorded. "Recorded Earlier" appeared in the lower left of the screen as they walked out to the table. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

in searching thursday's show on the abc site,  when i saw the pic "oh good! Ron Howard"... IF ONLY. What a classic bullshitting politician stereotype Delaney appears to be!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Janelle Monae would look gorgeous in a paper bag. 

This has to have been prerecorded. No mention of Sarah Sanders?

They seem to be taping four days a week now, and I can't figure out why, unless I misunderstood wherever I read that.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

The dress reminded me of the Partridge family bus.

• LOL 15
  • Love 6

Loved Joy’s cemetery story. We did that too 😆 We brought a picnic and actually my grandparents went to the cemetery every single day but in summer we would go on Sunday afternoons to bring flowers and then we’d have to go everyday after school during November but too cold for a picnic. I hadn’t thought of that on a long time, brought back some memories to me. We’re Irish though so the sandwiches were ham not veal! We were taken to every wake in the area too. You’d sit beside the body and have a cup of tea and a sandwich for be “respectful”. No wonder I have a dark sense of humor.

i never knew Sunny’s dad was so accomplished, I always figured her folks were very blue collar because of her stories about growing up in the projects. I’m going to have to read up about her childhood when I get home. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, SPinCA said:

Loved Joy’s cemetery story. We did that too 😆 We brought a picnic and actually my grandparents went to the cemetery every single day but in summer we would go on Sunday afternoons to bring flowers and then we’d have to go everyday after school during November but too cold for a picnic. I hadn’t thought of that on a long time, brought back some memories to me. We’re Irish though so the sandwiches were ham not veal! We were taken to every wake in the area too. You’d sit beside the body and have a cup of tea and a sandwich for be “respectful”. No wonder I have a dark sense of humor.

i never knew Sunny’s dad was so accomplished, I always figured her folks were very blue collar because of her stories about growing up in the projects. I’m going to have to read up about her childhood when I get home. 

I live across the street from a Catholic cemetery and I see picnics all the time.  They sometimes blast music while doing it.  It is sweet.  One funeral hit a little close to home tho.  The person had to be around my age because their music choice for the service was Purple Rain (and released purple balloons).  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, pachebo said:

What a classic bullshitting politician stereotype Delaney appears to be!

I thought of Howdy Doody the entire time his fake little smile was on my TV ... and we didn't even have the Howdy Doody Show when I was growing up (with one TV channel).

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, General Days said:

I loved Meghan's hair on her. Her mom is a beautiful woman. I wonder if she took her aside and said, "Honey, after 30, there are hairstyles that just don't serve you as well." 

I think everyone in her life except her husband* has given up on "helpful hints" about anything to The Princess of Arizona.  

*I think he has a big influence on her "style," because she appears to want to achieve a "sexy" look according to his taste.

5 hours ago, General Days said:

She was something of a cleavage-y slutbomb  (TM Buffy the Vampire Slayer) in her youth, so I think she's over-compensating

Edited by HaaCHOO
Removed this (because it did): I hope this gets merged with my previous response.
  • Love 6

I wonder if they are prerecording Fri episodes until the break so the hosts and staff can have 3 day weekends and get out of the city. Doesn’t Joy have a place in the Hamptons?  Hopefully not near Bethany Frankel’s house? 😄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, bannana said:

Sunny is all about helping PR, so when someone does, she should be gracious and appreciative, no matter their motives.

And HOW would Sunny even understand the motives of someone she dislikes so outwardly, yet doesn't even know?   Sometimes Sunny gets too big for her calzones.

• Love 8