Type keyword(s) to search

S07:E21 The Assanti Brothers LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

Justin just wants surgery he doesn't want to do anything.

I get the feeling he really doesn't want the surgery (and never did) and is in it for that sweet $1200 of TLC's money. 

(edited)

This is my first time watching any of the Assanti brother episodes -- holy hell, what a trainwreck!  And I think Stephen Sr demonstrates where Jr got his nostrils and horrifying behavior.  Geez, the way he went off on Justin after the phone call with Jr was straight up horrifying (I think it goes without saying that Jr's behavior, legs, mange head, as well as Justin's deserted hobby shop that's GOT to be some kind of drug front is all horrifying).

Edited by littlebennysmom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Cats use pee pads? 

I suppose they could be trained to...Steven doesn't strike me as one who would be particularly diligent about cleaning a litter box.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Wanda said:

No. It’s only editing. Justin said so on reddit and Justin wouldn’t lie.

Does TLC even allow him to see the finished episode ahead of time?  Somehow I think not.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

Are those pee pads on the floor? Is he marking his territory?

maybe he was out of cat litter for the cat?   

I used to put pee pads under the litter box because my elderly cat (who died recently😭) used to manage to pee half in the box and half out of it most of the time. 

I have no idea why he does anything. 

• Love 4

Well I learned something new.  It only takes 1000 calories to maintain my body eight.  I had no idea that's how it was calculated.

The Dad's accent completely cracks me up, and I love how the CC even shows "Youse"  Just like he says it.  Like "Youse guys drive me nuts!!"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Grapes: The Gateway Fruit.

They're evil. They look nice and sweet and delicious. Don't be fooled. 

2 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

He's married? Who married him? Is she sane?

Oh, YOU. You know she isn't! 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
Just now, Mswldflwr said:
6 minutes ago, Wanda said:

No. It’s only editing. Justin said so on reddit and Justin wouldn’t lie.

Does TLC even allow him to see the finished episode ahead of time?  Somehow I think not.

It's been on the TLCGo app for awhile now. I'm pretty sure he's seen it.

1 minute ago, Mswldflwr said:

This episode has been on TLC go for at least a couple of weeks now.

• Love 2
(edited)

Why oh why doesn't Steven wear full length pants? Those feet and legs, especially the right side.I

Edited to add: oops, maybe they are full length and all the bulges keep them from going all the way down.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, ELFairy said:

Does Steven ever wear shoes?  How is that legal?

?  It's not illegal to go barefoot (is it?)  Some places won't let you in if you don't have something on your feet, though.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I get the feeling he really doesn't want the surgery (and never did) and is in it for that sweet $1200 of TLC's money. 

Hey, he's a businessman! He's going to plow that fortune right back into his hobby empire. 

• LOL 8

I hope they disinfect those floors after Steven leaves. That's mold growing on his feet. 

And I can't believe Dr Now isn't lecturing him about being addicted to drugs again because HE TOTALLY IS.

(edited)

The father looks like the actor Michael Gazzo, he played Frank Pentangeli, the gravelly voiced guy in Godfather ll. The one that Michael Corleone said to his wife “ It’s between the brothers” after they brought his brother over from Italy and he changed his testimony in front of the Senate committee. (He later cut his wrists in the bathtub while in custody) 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 5
(edited)

It’s really skeeving me out how insistent Dad is at facilitating some fucked up relationship between his sons, given the mere fraction of abuse and toxic disjunction we’ve seen. 

Edited by dreadfulLeigh
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Dad. They're never going to bond. Ever. Give it up. Seriously. And it's illegal to ride like that in Texas. In the back, unrestrained. 

They can just write each other letters and then everything will be okay 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

Steven married some woman named Stephanie, who has a little girl.   I understand that Stephanie is some kind of internet person.       I hoping this is the last we see of Steven. 

This is a real snooze fest isn't it?    One hour in, and still recaps.   

• Love 5
Just now, hoosiermom said:

Smiling cause he knows he will get good drugs with skin removal surgery!

I mean, I'm going for a pretty extensive oral surgery on Tuesday and I've got my fingers crossed for at least a couple of Oxy before they put me back on the Tramadol or T3s. I'm kinda smiling, too. I'm not a pill popper but I do hate pain. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Honey said:

Where's their dog?  And where's the Father's girlfriend?

From watching the first three installments of the Assanti Saga, I don't recall that their father had any girlfriend. He did have a dog named Rocky, though.

Just now, Honey said:

Well I learned something new.  It only takes 1000 calories to maintain my body eight.  I had no idea that's how it was calculated.

There was a great book on weight loss put out by Prevention years ago that I used when I was trying to lose weight after pregnancy.  If you are very inactive 10 calories x your weight is the formula.  Maybe if someone is immobile it might be 7-9.   if you are very active then the multiplier is 20.   I think they had a chart that showed activity levels from 10-20.   Hope this helps you find you can eat more than 1000 calories.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Welcome to the Thunderdome Carboncat! Wow, black eyed peas with salt pork AND homemade skillet cornbread, I just had to respond to your post! One question: where's the collard greens and pot liquor? Hee.

Have to soak and de-stem.  I always mix collard,mustard and turnip greens.  Am lazy today, but maybe for the memorial day weekend!

• Love 2
Just now, iwasish said:

The father looks like the actor Michael Grazzo, he played Frank Pentangeli, the gravelly voiced guy in Godfather ll. The one that Michael Corleone said to his wife “ It’s between the brothers” after they brought his brother over from Italy and he changed his testimony in front of the Senate committee. 

Yes! Thank you! I was wondering who he looked like!