Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Vianey and Allen's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Of course they did not expect to give up everything they like.  They never do.  And they are "slowly" easing into the diet.   Will it take them 12 months to get to anything approaching healthy food?

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Donut Bear said:

Yeah but they charge and going to Dr. Now lets TLC pay

Fair enough - but Dr Now's diet, and many, many other diets that work if you just follow them, are on the internet. They could have started to diet, even if they still need Dr Now's expertise to do the surgery.

The snack thing doesn't sound completely wrong, but it's probably not going to work out well for them.

• Love 2

Allen put one package of bacon in the basket? Dude, you know you're gonna eat most of that even before you get to the cashier. 

I think more than one poundticipant said something about trying other programs first, and flunking out for whatever reason.    

I hope they really do this, and the trip to the supermarket gives me hope.   Both of these people deserve better than the life they have had.  

• Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, ProTourist said:

Actually there is a french name 'Vianney' but spelled with two n's.

[I know this from Saint John Vianney. ]

Pronounced with a bit of a French accent it's kind of cute.  Every time I hear it in this episode I think of the Visiting Nurse Association.

Edited by ThereButFor
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
Just now, Hellga said:

Of course they did not expect to give up everything they like.  They never do.  And they are "slowly" easing into the diet.   Will it take them 12 months to get to anything approaching healthy food?

Just now, Wanda said:

Don’t know about his plan to wean off of junk food........

Preach. Not looking good, not even a weigh-in, and we're half an hour into the episode.

• Love 3

The way that cashier licked her lips and looked away? She's one of us. Her soul was filled with snark that she couldn't let out because she needed her minimum wage job. I feel you, honey. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 7

What I think would be helpful for these people is for Dr Now to be VERY specific with a diet. List out exact meal choices and portions. For example: breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, one orange, coffee. Snack: string cheese + carrots. Etc.

I’m not sure, but I wonder if the diet information he gives them is too vague? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Ok, I love the way they look after each other. When Allen said "Help me, baby" when he struggled for words, and his wife seamlessly spoke for him, I started to cry.

I got tricked by how lovingly Lee looked at Rena 😢

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Shopping list contains peanut butter.

Gonna drop one snack at a time. For a normal person, his logic might not be so bad. But..

The addict's logic... I can manage this...just cut back and then stop...

• Love 11
Just now, CircusPeanuts said:

What I think would be helpful for these people is for Dr Now to be VERY specific with a diet. List out exact meal choices and portions. For example: breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, one orange, coffee. Snack: string cheese + carrots. Etc.

I can't believe he doesn't give them very specific information about the diet. He and his staff have been doing this too long. They know their patients.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, 7EasyPayments said:

I only like the filling, and I'm Italian. LOL Blasphemy !!!!! LOLOLOL🤣

Dude. My mom's side is Ukrainian, my dad's side was Polish, and I hate onions and beets. And I eat my perogies with ketchup. YOLO!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

I can't believe he doesn't give them very specific information about the diet. He and his staff have been doing this too long. They know their patients.

I am sure they get sample menus.  Whether or not they follow them is another thing altogether.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"We have to give up everything good". Oh Allen. There's a lot of good out there.

Apples. Melon. Peaches. Grilled turkey with garlic. Oh, sweetie, there is so much that is good in a ways!

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, preciousperfect said:

I do 16:8 IF. It’s great!

I know, it makes a tremendous difference! Whenever I get stuck on a plateau, IF will force that stubborn scale to move down.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

It's not like Chicago isn't a major city, with modern healthcare and hospitals. Admittedly, there are a limited number of surgeons who'll handle patients this large, but I imagine that there has to be at least one in Chicago.

Yeah, but they don't have a tee-vee show.

• Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Sounds like you are doing the Keto diet? Good for you! I was too, until I ordered this pizza.

I've eaten grain free/low carb for about 3.5 years now. :) No more eczema.

Edited by ShortyMac
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

I think it states no bread, no pasta, no rice, no sugar, no soda, etc.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

I only like the filling, and I'm Italian. LOL Blasphemy !!!!! LOLOLOL🤣

I only eat the filling too!  Though I am not Italian.  🙂

2 minutes ago, CircusPeanuts said:

I have wondered that too.  These two are obviously not the sharpest tools in the drawer and may need more hand-holding than an average person.  I do know I have seen some very specific weekly meal plans that outline three meals and a snack or two in that super-detailed way...  so some people do provide that.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Don't buy Sketchers!  Remember when they first came out and said just walking in them would facilitate weight loss?

Thank you! I have several pair.... and not lost a pound. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Dr. Now would have to move in with most of these patients to get it through their heads that fried pizza isn't on the diet.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3