Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Vianey and Allen's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Callaphera said:

Kate Gosselin stomping around the dance floor with a fuck-off expression to Gaga's Paparazzi is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in my life. 

Didn’t the judge say it looked like her partner was pushing a shopping cart?

• LOL 24
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Have we ever seen Lola's real hair?  

Are we sure she wears a wig? 

And fuck writing a letter to some asshole parent. Anyone told me to write a letter to my abuser, I'd laugh in their face. 

• Love 14

The reason we keep seeing Kate G. get her shows is the producer is her best buddy, and was the one pushing this dating show (for years on end), and I personally am hoping it has the lowest ratings ever for TLC.  

I bet Dr. Now did tell Vianey she would eventually get surgery, but I bet she wasn't ready to hear it.     She needs Dr. Paradise, not Lola the Letter Writer to the Rotten Departed Relatives. 

I wish Allen would get rid of the beard, and I hope he and Vianey do well, and both succeed. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Carboncat said:

Hi, fellow Pounders!  I've been lurking for a while, but after Mercedes, and then Angie (!), I had to sign up.  The show has been a late-night guilty pleasure for some years, but after I was off work recently for five months after major back surgery I've been snarking along with you.  I originally found the poundicipants inspirational and touching, but the weekly shower-with-the-clear-curtain/close-up-of shoveled-breakfast/hour-long-road-(there's nothing to eat on the road but fast food--it's a no-salad zone all the way)  the droning voice overs etc...following your hilarious comments is the best part of the show.  We have an early west coast showing, but I will watch later so Mr. Carboncat can watch baseball.  Can't wait for the Angie J. rewatch and the Assanti bros. update next week.  It's great having other folks out there I can share this with, and I've learned so much...like, Tater Tot Casserole!

Welcome aboard!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Carboncat said:

Hi, fellow Pounders!  I've been lurking for a while, but after Mercedes, and then Angie (!), I had to sign up.  The show has been a late-night guilty pleasure for some years, but after I was off work recently for five months after major back surgery I've been snarking along with you.  I originally found the poundicipants inspirational and touching, but the weekly shower-with-the-clear-curtain/close-up-of shoveled-breakfast/hour-long-road-(there's nothing to eat on the road but fast food--it's a no-salad zone all the way)  the droning voice overs etc...following your hilarious comments is the best part of the show.  We have an early west coast showing, but I will watch later so Mr. Carboncat can watch baseball.  Can't wait for the Angie J. rewatch and the Assanti bros. update next week.  It's great having other folks out there I can share this with, and I've learned so much...like, Tater Tot Casserole!

Welcome!  

I nearly made tater tot casserole again tonight. But when I realized I didn’t have an onion or peas, I put my ground sirloin in the fridge and made my wedge salad. 

9 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Last time I sang the theme from M*A*S*H and tried to catch fairies, apparently.

I don't think I ever did anything weird but I did rip the needle out of my hand when I got ear tubes (I was 15). I don't remember this but I do vaguely remember some dried blood on my hand when I woke up.

One time when I got teeth pulled I got whiny after a while in the little recovery room (to be fair, I was 11), wanting to go home, so they finally said we could go...and I promptly passed out at the desk while my mom was writing a check, grabbed her arm on the way down and took her with me. And had to stay another half hour. When I got my wisdom teeth out (at 18 and a good 3-4 inches taller than her by then) she made my dad come with us.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, CringeWatcher said:

Oh, how innocent we all once were. 

Remember when we thought Nicole the Juggalo was the worst person we had seen on the show?

• LOL 15
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Wow, the removed portion of Allen's stomach is already bigger than a normal person's entire stomach!

I didn't know that the stomach was removed during a gastric sleeve.

• Useful 1

I hate to tell you this, VNA but your mother is never going to read that letter. And spoiler alert: she not "in heaven."

giphy.gif

There's something about both of their speaking voices that soothes me.  I like their voices, and them.  They've been pretty pleasant, after VNA's rough start in the episode (thanks to whoever coined "VNA').

Go VNA and Allen!!!

• Love 11
1 minute ago, CircusPeanuts said:

I nearly made tater tot casserole again tonight

I can't stand The Duggars but I use their recipe for tater tot casserole and that crap is tasty. Supposedly the recipe is Jim Bob's favorite. LOL

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Kid said:

I will never understand why men where beards like Allen’s.  Very unattractive.

Right? I'm around military all the time, so I'm used to clean shaven men. Well, a mustache here and there, but yeah. 

• Love 10

I think she wrote a good letter.  I hope it helped her get things off her chest.  I can see value of doing it if you have always kept things like that bottled inside you. 

• Love 15

Gastric sleeve they chop the stomach down to a column of stomach, but don't bypass part of the intestines.     Gastric bypass is more severe.     Don't look at the medical sites to see what it looks like unless you're not squeamish. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
Just now, Callaphera said:

I like how the actual people on this show assume they're going to heaven and we're in this thread choosing our seats on the party bus heading the other way. P.S. come on my bus, it has a stripper pole and disco lights.

If pirates are included it must mean you are in the realm of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Napaste!

• LOL 7
Just now, ams1001 said:

I don't think I ever did anything weird but I did rip the needle out of my hand when I got ear tubes (I was 15). I don't remember this but I do vaguely remember some dried blood on my hand when I woke up.

One time when I got teeth pulled I got whiny after a while in the little recovery room (to be fair, I was 11), wanting to go home, so they finally said we could go...and I promptly passed out at the desk while my mom was writing a check, grabbed her arm on the way down and took her with me. And had to stay another half hour. When I got my wisdom teeth out (at 18 and a good 3-4 inches taller than her by then) she made my dad come with us.

I came up off the stretcher, attacked the staff, and tore apart the O.R. Woke up in 4 point restraints. MD said "For a small woman you're really strong". 

• LOL 14
3 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

It boggles my mind that sitting in a car is some kind of ordeal that they can't handle for more than a few hours. I love to travel and even though I'm overweight, I can sit in a coach seat for a twenty hour trip to Thailand.

For people who are used to lying down or sitting up in bed most of the day, yes, sitting in a car where there is no room to shift around or to stretch out your legs, can be very painful particularly for the joints, and can cause swelling which is also painful. Even for those who are lying on blankets or a mattress in the back of a van, it can be terribly uncomfortable. The worse shape they are in, the more pain they have traveling.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Gastric sleeve they chop the stomach down to a column of stomach, but don't bypass part of the intestines.     Gastric bypass is more severe.     Don't look at the medical sites to see what it looks like unless you're not squeamish.

We've seen Dr. Now playing with the part of stomach he's cut off.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Heart stopped! Is this a first for the show?

No, this happened also to Kandi Dreier, but they didn't show it on camera. They put her into a medically-induced coma for a few days and kept her body temperature low, to help her recover.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Hellga said:

I am glad they were able to revive her.  I think this is the first where they haven't been able to complete the procedure on the show?

There have been others. I recall one woman who had so much scar tissue from previous surgeries, that when Dr. Now went in, he could not perform the weight-loss surgery. He had to remove the scar tissue, give her some time to heal, then do the WL surgery. But it was still done before end of episode. She must have been approved for surgery early enough in the year that there was time to wait and still do the surgery the same year.

• Love 1