Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/29/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I would like to think that Joy took a mental health day today.  Perhaps in the pre-show meeting, where Abby and Meghan did the typical bait and switch what-about-isms, Holder and fired FBI agents, Joy said - "Fuck this shit, I cannot handle the twins today, see ya!".

• Love 19
14 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Where did the idea come from that Joy left before the show? Is it some gossip online or is it just speculation on this thread?

At the top of the show, Whoopi said, "As you notice, we are one down. Joy went home ill, today. So Joy, get better quick and get your behind back here."

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
Just now, General Days said:

At the top of the show, Whoopi said, "As you notice, we are one down. Joy went home ill, today. So Joy, get better quick and get your behind back here."

Thanks, just watched the video you posted. I see she said "went home" . That is odd. 

I missed that, when I watched because I ff the start so I dont hear welcome to the View 100× lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan said today something  like, "I have to speak for the conservatives."

No, you dont. Whoopi, joy, Sunny, speak for themselves. They dont declare that they represent the views of liberals. They just give thei VIEW. That's how the show started, way back when, and it needs to get back to that.

I noticed that as well...it kind of explains her self importance posturing.  They must have told her when she was hired that she will be the conservative viewpoint.  She seems to have heard that she speaks for all conservatives.  

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Thanks, just watched the video you posted. I see she said "went home" . That is odd. 

I missed that, when I watched because I ff the start so I dont hear welcome to the View 100× lol.

The second time I posted the video, I cued it up to when Whoopi started talking about Joy, so you'd miss that. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

I noticed that as well...it kind of explains her self importance posturing.  They must have told her when she was hired that she will be the conservative viewpoint.  She seems to have heard that she speaks for all conservatives.  

Yep, they must really blow so much smoke up her ass. As she let us know today. When she joined the view she was the very first straight shooting host Evah! The producers must really kiss her ass. 

WG didnt seem pleased by it , but I dont care because WG was the one that wanted her on the show and treats her like a delicate baby so F her.

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

I agree. She mentions "as a Conservative" every two seconds, even when it's irrelevant, as if it's been drilled into her brain by someone else.

• Love 14

Last week Mee-gun said Sunny speaks for liberals and Sunny asked, "what makes you think I'm a liberal?" MM did her "shocked" head-shake and eye-roll.  Like most people, Sunny is liberal on some things and conservative in other aspects of her life, but MM cannot fathom it.

• Love 24
Just now, Coffeewinewater said:

Yep, they must really blow so much smoke up her ass. As she let us know today. When she joined the view she was the very first straight shooting host Evah! The producers must really kiss her ass. 

WG didnt seem pleased by it , but I dont care because WG was the one that wanted her on the show and treats her like a delicate baby so F her.

Yup, I have second that, F Whoopie and her homeless chic clothing line..

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Not to defend Meghan, cause it is rude to point out Sunny looking at her, but Whoopi has constantly done this, a million times, as the moderator. Just off the top of my head I recall Whoopi saying to the others, "why does your mouth look like that" and "why are you staring at me like that?"

Whoopi has done that to Sunny plenty of times, but Sunny just laughs and looks down, bowing to alpha Whoopi. Sunny will clap back at Meghan. I guess I just wish they would clap back at Whoopi when she does the same thing.

• Love 12
(edited)
21 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Last week Mee-gun said Sunny speaks for liberals and Sunny asked, "what makes you think I'm a liberal?" MM did her "shocked" head-shake and eye-roll.  Like most people, Sunny is liberal on some things and conservative in other aspects of her life, but MM cannot fathom it.

She also cannot fathom Democrats who love their guns and Republicans who are pro-choice. Megan is so rigid in her views. The fact that she purports to be for LGBT rights, you would think that she would know that people's views could be a mixture of liberal and conservative views. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, suomi said:

It was a dog whistle. Two mormon missionaries volunteers* in Russia were recently detained for 3 weeks before being deported for religious proselytizing.

Jehovah's Witnesses were officially banned a couple years ago - with the Russian Orthodox church being behind similar decisions as much as the gov't is. 

NutNeg was proud to throw gasoline on a fire, with her Satan comment to the US ambassador to Russia.

*Missionaries are called volunteers in countries that don't issue visas to religious influencers. 

Russia is suspicious of everything but...

During the 80s, US invested in evangelical groups in Latin America. I dont have the quote here but there have been many investigations about it. This is why many countries are suspicious of american missionaries.   

About the Orthodox church, they are close with the government. Also we could talk about how Russia has discriminate against jews and muslims.

Anyway this is a complex subject and we all know that the princess of Arizona is an idiot incapable of grasping any complex subject. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

I can't stand how Whoopi handles pop culture stories, or frankly anything she's not personally interested in.  She's flippant, dismissive, and mocking.  She should be reprimanded, IMO, or at the very least someone else should be reading the prompter and guiding the discussion.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Abby and Meghan are still playing the "But Obama" game while discussing the Barr hearing and I'm sick of it.

But Abby said she hates playing that game .

What she didn't say was unless it helps my side ,

• Love 21
18 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She also cannot fathom Democrats who love their guns and Republicans who are pro-choice. Megan is so rigid in her views. The fact that she purports to be for LGBT rights, you would think that she would know that people's views could be a mixture of liberal and conservative views. 

She always brings up  her being in support of LGBT rights as if that excuses all of her other abhorrent behavior.

• Love 23

I worry that the strife, encouraged by the producers as a ratings grab plus their glee when it goes viral, is taking a toll on Joy.  Good heavens, I can't bear to watch anymore of it. Imagine having to live it!  She's no spring chicken.  It can't be good for her - it wouldn't be good for anyone, actually.  I am so over shows that to try to cultivate such nonsense.  Things are difficult enough these days.

• Love 23

When talking about the legal maneuvering of the Epstein case Dershowitz said if you don't like the sentences defendants are given society has the right to complain.  He said that is how the marketplace is supposed to work.  I listened to him twice and he said marketplace.  So he isn't pretending justice can't be bought?

• Love 13
1 hour ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Not to defend Meghan, cause it is rude to point out Sunny looking at her, but Whoopi has constantly done this, a million times, as the moderator. Just off the top of my head I recall Whoopi saying to the others, "why does your mouth look like that" and "why are you staring at me like that?"

Whoopi has done that to Sunny plenty of times, but Sunny just laughs and looks down, bowing to alpha Whoopi. Sunny will clap back at Meghan. I guess I just wish they would clap back at Whoopi when she does the same thing.

It’s all in the delivery....

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Musical said:

I worry that the strife, encouraged by the producers as a ratings grab plus their glee when it goes viral, is taking a toll on Joy.  Good heavens, I can't bear to watch anymore of it. Imagine having to live it!  She's no spring chicken.  It can't be good for her - it wouldn't be good for anyone, actually.  I am so over shows that to try to cultivate such nonsense.  Things are difficult enough these days.

Yes, exactly. I feel we are being manipulated.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

I agree. She mentions "as a Conservative" every two seconds, even when it's irrelevant, as if it's been drilled into her brain by someone else.

I know, right? It makes me crazy.  How about, "As a conservative I like squash."  irrelevant

Ok I'm an ass

Edited by ari333
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

God, after RBM screamed at Sunny to stop looking at her I yelled YOU BITCH so loud, I once again scared my senile Shih Tzu.  Poor baby, he hates being woken from his 20 hour nap. I just turned it off, Jesus, I can't stand that evil nasty cow. Oh and Meeeeeegan, puffed sleeves don't work if you have the shoulders of a a linebacker. See if you can find something else to wear in a size 12 honey. Whoopie can fix you up with one of her 298.00 sacks. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 15
22 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

ANd Abby saying people shouldn't elope because they should honor the parents who raised and supported them - Abby, not every family is in the same situation.  Families are complicated.  don't assume everyone is like you. 

She also said something about passing you off to someone.  I think she was meaning a woman being given to her husband.  Creepy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Whoopie's cough sounds like a death rattle, maybe OUR JOY caught it. It is very dangerous to work on that show.....too bad RBM didn't get coughed on, it would give her another excuse to stay at home with her c**ty cocktails. 😷

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
(edited)

Today was sucky without Joy.  Just confirmed my commitment to quit the show when she retires.  She’s the RBG of the View.  Wrap her in bubble wrap!  

The whole scene of MM confronting Sunny about “looking at her” (oh merciful heavens!) brings to mind a comment I read that she was placed on this panel to embarrass conservatives.  Hmmm, interesting thought.  She does a great job of that almost every day, you have to hand her that.   They must be sooo proud.

Edited by Lifesabeach
Clarify who’s who
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12

When MM admonished Sunny for LOOKING at her, I thought , "OH my stars and garters!" ....What my grandma used to say when someone said something stupid -/i am old-

• LOL 14
  • Love 8

This article covers the bit where NutMeg tells Sunny not to look at her that way.  

While the panel debated why this was still a story when the officials were “taken to task,” McCain replied that “there’s a lot of conservatives out there that agree with him and just think that if you think we are disgusting—”

The former Fox News personality then turned to Hostin, who was apparently looking in her direction, and sneered: “You don’t have to look at me that way—I speak for conservatives on this show.”

“I can’t look at you?” a befuddled Hostin asked.

“No, but you’re looking at me like I’m saying something inaccurate,” McCain shot back, causing Goldberg to once again intervene and swing the conversation back on-topic.

And thus ended another tense and uncomfortable on-air spat between McCain and her colleagues.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan-mccain-sneers-at-view-colleague-you-dont-need-to-look-at-me-that-way

But what the article leaves out is that when Whoopi tried to intervene, NutMeg clarified that she was referring to Sunny, not Whoopi! 

Both articles highlight that NutMeg was ill-informed about the Fast and Furious thing and was caught off guard.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/05/the-views-meghan-mccain-sputters-after-shes-busted-for-comparing-barr-to-obamas-attorney-general/

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

Asshole McCain was insufferable today. I had someone say 'Why are you looking at me like that?' once and I thought she was crazy. W.T.F. Crazy-ass bitch! Dershowitz lied and lied.Sunny was FANTASTIC, even though he tried to throw her off with his bullshit. And MM can fuck off with her entitled, flippant responses. And take shit-for-brains Abbeh with her. God, what a fucking mess today!

• Love 18
19 hours ago, Tammee said:

Please forgive my questions, i am ignorant in a lot of this.  What is the end age for millennials, 40?  Ok, snowflake generation.....  what chart is this on?  Im curious if Im on it.  Altho definitely not the snowflake generation hah.  Unless it circles back around.  Is it like the Chinese New Year?  I forget what the new one is

MM is 34 and it does go up to 37.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
44 minutes ago, LoveIsJoy said:

I laughed and laughed when Whoopi interrupted Meghan asking her to explain “Fast & Furious” to the audience (just in case some viewers didn’t know what she was referencing spewing during her blue card diatribe against Obama AG, Eric Holder).

Methinks Whoopi didn’t know what she meant. “Explain to the audience” = “explain to me. But I don’t want to admit I’m clueless.”

With all this “speaking as a Conservative” crap, I’m reminded about how Meg often rails against labeling people.

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

Dershowitz lied and lied.Sunny was FANTASTIC, even though he tried to throw her off with his bullshit.

He was really obviously pandering to Sunny.  That must have also pissed off NutMeg.

NutMeg talked in the first segment about the very very very controversial thing in the Obama administration, and in the next segment, Dershowitz says Obama never did anything wrong during his two terms.  Last week Nutmeg's allegations about scandal in the Obama administration were contradicted by her best friend Joe Biden saying Obama's admin was scandal-free.

• LOL 2
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I agree.  Her disdain for having to read a blurb about Joe Jonas getting married?  then let someone else read it!!    ANd Abby saying people shouldn't elope because they should honor the parents who raised and supported them - Abby, not every family is in the same situation.  Families are complicated.  don't assume everyone is like you. 

And sometimes people have a short window of opportunity to get married, when it won't interrupt either person's career.  And sometimes people want a MARRIAGE, not a WEDDING, and just want to move on to other things.  

Besides, his brother and his wife had enough weddings this year for the entire extended Jonas family.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan just scolded Sunny for freakin' looking at her. Looking. At. Her.

She recently scolded (ranted at) Joy for NOT looking at her.  There are no winners when the Princess is holding Court.

• Love 22
5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

ANd Abby saying people shouldn't elope because they should honor the parents who raised and supported them - Abby, not every family is in the same situation. 

Often it's the only affordable way....   Mind your own business, Princess of all Things Sweet and Bright Huntsman.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, boochay8888 said:

Sunny has the patience of a saint.  If that bag of hot garbage and hair extensions asked me why I was looking at her like that, I’d respond with “I was just trying to figure out how someone so epically stupid actually manages to breathe on their own!”

Sunny and patience? Good one lol

She is being a professional on camera..but behind the scenes..watch out. Lol

Sunny is as volatile emotionally as Meghan... 

With that said, I don't enjoy watching the show.  I wish every Thursday, the original panel would come on in place of the current panel like that one veteran's day episode.  We would get intelligent conversation and some fun banter.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, ari333 said:

If MM is size 12 , I am Mary, Queen of Scots. That must be some serious vanity sizing. And I say that as a chubby person

She may be a 12X on top.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Like I said a few weeks ago, I don't mind Meghan being bitchy because, well, she's going to get called one anyway. So go ahead and read bitches for filth. There's no love lost.

I also said, and today's episode was a good example of it, that the other hosts force Meghan to defend shit she really shouldn't have to defend. Again: have your biases and points of view all you want, but at least bake some objectivity into the cake. Or, don't complain when your "opponents" fail to do so.

Sunny is supposed to be this great prosecutor. If so, why didn't she check Whoopi about Page and Strzok? She "knows" that a prosecutor's case not only has to be strong in an evidentiary sense, but as a matter of integrity. So two FBI agents being removed from an investigation for bias, one of whom was fired altogether, is fair game for any trial. And so are text messages talking about "insurance policies" in case they win.

Sunny also knows that Barr, just like any other AG, past, present, and future, serves at the pleasure of the President. So whining that he's not spilling the tea in these congressional hearings just sounds like a baby needs her bottle. No he's not going to tee Trump up for impeachment. He released a lengthy, lightly redacted report that didn't reach conclusions Whoopi and Sunny agreed with, so they "still have questions". That's why Meghan bottom-lined it and said impeachment is the only thing good enough for "some people". Because, well, yeah.

The back-and-forth with Dershowitz and Sunny was slightly more interesting, but Sunny was once again acting like a legal bimbo instead of an experienced prosecutor. Sunny said that Mueller didn't reach a conclusion on obstruction because of DOJ policy (a conclusion he explicitly denies in the report and Barr testified was also not the case). Alan countered that, but there's also the point that Congress can't use the DOJ or Special Counsel to investigate a President they really want to impeach. Congress needs to conduct its own investigation if it wanted to do that. And if Mueller was going to punt based on DOJ policy, WHY WAIT 22 FREAKING MONTHS TO SAY IT? 

I'm sorry. I'll take bitchy Meghan who is at least intellectually honest even when I think she's being silly and/or wrong than Sunny who is smart but plays the role of a literal-minded idiot just so she can stay in people's good graces any day.

• Love 1