Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/29/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Cementhead said:

(threw in word brassiere for Joy, she hates that word.)

Yikes!  I always thought she liked it and has used "bra" only recently.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I’ve only heard her refer to the garment as brassiere.  She can’t wait to get her brassiere off once home.  I think other ladies always chuckle.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Tammee said:

Im sorry Whoops, i just cant.... is this from the Handmaids couture line?  Would be great in a hospital. Like to see the back....there is a back right? Lol. The shoes, while looking clunky and comfortable would probably have to go for something else in that vast collection

I can see it now has 2 ties in the back exposing the buttocks. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Did MM really say to John Huntsman, the ambassador to Russia, that he was in the city of Satan? I'll bet he really appreciated that comment. She's such a dunce.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

Omg i just had a thought....what if the Abby went into labor the same time as the pending royal baby??  Yikes!  I dont know how far along she is, but she's  been holding steady for awhile at 6 1/2 months.  Wonder what it really is.....da...da....dummmmmmm!

Meghan will start screeching that Abby's birth is more important because she isn't interested in the royal family at all, and this is America where people fought to be free of the British and quite frankly she is only going to care about Abby the American!

39 minutes ago, Kenz said:

Did MM really say to John Huntsman, the ambassador to Russia, that he was in the city of Satan? I'll bet he really appreciated that comment. She's such a dunce.

God, she's a mess! What a gross thing to say: "You're doing the Lord's work in the City of Satan." Jeez! I wasn't going to watch this but the comments about how odd her parents were behaving had me curious. It really was strange! And typical Meghan, making everything all about her whenever she spoke. Everyone has to know she knows the Huntsmans personally!

Edited by SuzieSioux
Bad punctuation.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I’ve only heard her refer to the garment as brassiere.  She can’t wait to get her brassiere off once home.  I think other ladies always chuckle.  

Bitsy was the one who cringed when Joy used the word.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I'm sorry - I think it is horrid so many children think they are actually friends of their Dads.

Personally I can't imagine - but hey, I grew up in the time of children should be seen and not heard, lol.

However - I get friends and families getting together - meals, games, videos. And bonding families.

But I can never, ever think John's friends were Meghans......since he was busy in DC and traveling the world and MM was a kid - and then off to college and living in LA and NYC.

I get Biden and Lieberman being fatherly.......good for them. But not for MM getting over her grief and learning to accept it as best she can.

Her mememe about hugging Biden despite his problem (which I don't think is serious - but so many do) despite his feelings and trying so hard when coming in and doing what she did is disgusting. 

The bitch does not get it.

• Love 11

Abby's mom looked so weird!  Why was she turned that way during the entire interview?  How old is she anyway?

I have to say MM looked better than usual, but sorry, there is NO WAY she is a size 12.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

yes something came off as grossly affected with Abby’s mother.  She kinda looked like a shy teenager and yet also looked like a privileged country club mom.  I can’t figure it out.  It was just so...odd.

She was freakily weird.  She was sitting pointing away from her husband.  Why?  Surely they have done interviews together before.  What was going on there?  Even if one is in an interview without one's husband, one wouldn't strangely point one's body in the opposite direction, 🙃

So clearly they informed the View hosts beforehand about the 90 second delay.  That didn't stop NutMeg from shrieking her comments throughout, throwing off the interview.

I don't like to comment on people's weight/appearance, skinny or fat.  But I cannot believe the horrid dress they put NutMeg into today.  However, it was educational.  She basically has minimal ass and slim legs.  A bit of a tummy (not protruding).  But she has pretty huge shoulders and back, and ginormous boobs.

Hence, they are dressing her all wrong.  

What I don't get is why she goes along with whatever nightmare they dress her in.  She has said she doesn't care.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Tammee said:

I need to go back and watch it again.  I was just catching the audio conversation, diatracted doing something.  Is it on youtube?

I believe the clips are available on YouTube now, yes.

35 minutes ago, bannana said:

“I have the attention span of a hamster on meth, I’m a classic millennial, like, I have the attention span of right here,” McCain said, snapping her fingers in a cloud around her face. “I was confused last night, I was confused in the meeting.”

meh come on GIF

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

8 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

My bad, Ladies!  I think you are right. 

6 hours ago, mongoose said:

Bitsy was the one who cringed when Joy used the word.

Thank you!  I knew someone hated the word but got the someones mixed up.  I deserve a slap or a spanking for getting Joy & Bitsy mixed up.  Cripes.  The memory - recall is worse than I thought.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Kenz said:

I heard her say that and I thought WTF is wrong with her.

Also when Joy brought up Lindsay Graham Meghan said she isn't talking about Graham on the air anymore.  What's wrong Meghan?  You don't want to defend Uncle Lindsay publicly?

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:
10 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

God, she's a mess! What a gross thing to say: "You're doing the Lord's work in the City of Satan."

She has pilfered this overused quote by her favorite politician (I'm leery of saying more and I haven't seen this episode yet).

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Kenz said:

It was a dog whistle. Two mormon missionaries volunteers* in Russia were recently detained for 3 weeks before being deported for religious proselytizing.

Jehovah's Witnesses were officially banned a couple years ago - with the Russian Orthodox church being behind similar decisions as much as the gov't is. 

NutNeg was proud to throw gasoline on a fire, with her Satan comment to the US ambassador to Russia.

*Missionaries are called volunteers in countries that don't issue visas to religious influencers. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 10
(edited)

I've been watching the show less and less and this morning I'm reminded why.

Meghan just scolded Sunny for freakin' looking at her. Looking. At. Her.

Abby and Meghan are still playing the "But Obama" game while discussing the Barr hearing and I'm sick of it. I'm changing the channel, but I'll read everyone's responses later to see what they discuss during the rest of the show. I'm out!

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 19

Geez, of all days for Joy to be sick!  Meg and her mini-me are feeling emboldened in their Trumpist trumpeting and "whataboutist" false equivalences.  I was planning on bailing (baling?) before Dershowitz but I may not make it that far. 

• Love 12

Sick?  I'm betting Joy went home pissed.  In that first block, NutMeg was ultra sensitive, and I'm wondering what happened backstage beforehand.

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Geez, of all days for Joy to be sick!  Meg and her mini-me are feeling emboldened in their Trumpist trumpeting and "whataboutist" false equivalences.  I was planning on bailing (baling?) before Dershowitz but I may not make it that far. 

I will not be watching Dershowitz, but, I am sure Sunny will not let him get away with his BS.

• Love 11

Next MM will snap, " Why don't you look at me when I speak?" heh

So Joy *WAS* there and she left... sick?

Some people on this show make me sick too.

• LOL 4
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Sick?  I'm betting Joy went home pissed.  In that first block, NutMeg was ultra sensitive, and I'm wondering what happened backstage beforehand.

I agree. 

Why not just say "Joy is out sick"?  Saying she "went home sick" makes us all wonder.

19 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan just scolded Sunny for freakin' looking at her. Looking. At. Her.

I guess Meghan needs to pick on Sunny, since Joy isn't there.

• Love 18
(edited)
3 minutes ago, OnTime said:

She even snapped at Abby and Abby looked taken aback by her tone of voice. Something must have happened for her to be nastier than usual..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 18

Oh, I missed the first eight minutes. Please someone, give me a run-down?

I came in as Whoopi was saying, "... the appearance of impropriety went far, and they took care of it, but how do you explain the rest of it..." then something about secret meetings.

Then Abby blathered something and said she still wants to hear from Mueller.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:31 PM, jumper sage said:

I was expecting him to be worse and surprised I didn't change the channel.

E. L. James - speaking as a huge reader and a librarian - her first books were so poorly edited it was ridiculous.  How anyone got through them is beyond me.

Here is a quote from UK publisher - Critics have called her writing boring and clunky; Salman Rushdie said he had “never read anything so badly written that got published. It made Twilight look like War and Peace”. Writing in the New York Times, columnist Maureen Dowd called James “Brontë devoid of talent”.

I never read the 50 Shades series. As I understand it, it began as erotic Twilight fan fiction. I started to read Twilight, because my then-young daughter wanted to read it, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't inappropriate. 

It was only inappropriate for fans of good writing, so I let her read it, but did not finish it myself. I didn't enjoy James' segment that much, because she just doesn't interest me.

I am not sorry I missed Abby's birthday yesterday, even as I watched the beginning of th end of my beloved country.

I'm not sure I'm going to make it through the Dersh's segment. He's disgusting. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
10 minutes ago, OnTime said:

She seemed very pissy during the segment about the Barr hearing. As @Tunia mentioned, I wonder if something happened backstage. Not sure how she acted after they came back from commercial break because I changed the channel.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 15
Just now, Alexis2291 said:

She seemed very pissy during the segment about the Barr hearing. As @Tunia mentioned, I wonder if something happened backstage. Not sure how she acted after they came back from commercial break.

She needs to go, this is not the right format for her. She is so angry all the time and at some point she will have a meltdown on the show.. 

1 minute ago, Ladyrain said:

Suspicious connection between Joy 'going home sick" and Nutmeg because super-duper nasty this morning, and she's on her high entitled horse to everyone.   Something happened in the morning meeting, I'm thinking, that was so almighty bitching awful that Joy left the building and now Meggy is feeling more powerful than ever.   I loathe her so much I cannot even find the words to describe it.   Loathe is all I've got.   She's loathsome.   Make that LOATHSOME.  

I think Joy told her off good and that explains why she was on a tear this morning and picked on Sunny the nearest Democrat to unload her anger since Joy was absent.  If she felt powerful she would be in a good mood after having made Joy leave this morning.  Joy will never give her the split screen moment that she wants in order to propel herself like it did with Bitsy.

• Love 20

I have to agree that Joy probably went home "sick of this shit" rather than actually sick.  I was hoping Meghan would answer Sunny when Sunny said. "I can't look at you?" because I think Sunny is ready to rip her a new one. Too bad Sunny is always so professional.

• Love 21
(edited)

Looks like Sunny was pretty sick of Meghan at the end.  She was facing away from her. 

I'm glad The  View finally got a straight shooter on there. 🙄

I only tuned in today to watch Joy's reaction to Barr. 

No Joy 😐

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 13
20 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think Joy told her off good and that explains why she was on a tear this morning and picked on Sunny the nearest Democrat to unload her anger since Joy was absent.  If she felt powerful she would be in a good mood after having made Joy leave this morning.  Joy will never give her the split screen moment that she wants in order to propel herself like it did with Bitsy.

Rosie has said the "split screen" has to be set up in advance so it would be on the producers if they did it to Joy. Of course, that was years ago maybe the split can be set up faster now, but I doubt the producers would do that to Joy.

Were not talking Getty and Ro!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Cementhead said:

My bad, Ladies!  I think you are right. 

Thank you!  I knew someone hated the word but got the someones mixed up.  I deserve a slap or a spanking for getting Joy & Bitsy mixed up.  Cripes.  The memory - recall is worse than I thought.

Memory? What's that?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I kind of wish Joy didn't leave bc it seems like a win for MM. I hope she is not sick, but I really think something went down backstage. I think if she were sick she wouldn't have come in the first place... not show up and leave before air.

One clue, MM describes herself as a straight shooter and she airs her grievances like in Seinfeld's  Festivus. Something happened. I hope Joy spills the beans.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, mongoose said:

Memory? What's that?

Missed yesterday's show. Glued to the Barr hearings but based on the comments here, today's show is a whopper. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, mongoose said:

Missed yesterday's show. Glued to the Barr hearings but based on the comments here, today's show is a whopper. 

Only if by whopper you mean unwatchable. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I have a hard time picturing Joy throwing in the towel and going home sick rather than throwing Meg down but who knows?

Sometimes in life, you don't want to be aggravated especially by somebody as loathsome as Megan. Perhaps, Joy just did not want to be bothered in trying to debate about Barr with an ignorant fool like Megan. 

• Love 17

Everyone has a limit as to how much they're going to put up with.  Especially when you get older and can afford to just walk away.  That's why I think that unless Meghan is gone next season Joy will be.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Only if by whopper you mean unwatchable. 

I agree. I ff most of the show. It really is becoming unwatchable.  I love Joy and Sunny. But Meghan and Whoopi make it not worth tuning in most days. 

Like I said I tuned today just to get Joy's take on yesterday's hearing.  I started FF after Meghan snapped at Sunny about looking at her. wtf?! I watched a bit at the end about the gossiping . Then just deleted.  It's Meghan's show and Whoopi is there to make sure her baby gets her time to talk. 

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I have a hard time picturing Joy throwing in the towel and going home sick rather than throwing Meg down but who knows?

I can.  Dealing with an overgrown toddler every day would be exhausting and not worth the stress.  And MM's producer may have taken her side, so Joy said forget it.  

• Love 12

I suspect Joy is actually sick. I thought Meghan had the work blues last week and took off, but since she's been back, her eyes have been glassy,  and she still looks like she's fighting off something.

I don't think Joy would just refuse to appear on the show, because Meghan's being Meghan. 

• Love 4