Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/29/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, 27bored said:

I would disagree, and I think the exchange between her and Sunny this week is a good example of how Meghan looks like a bitch even when she's right. It would be one thing if you couldn't just disagree with her without getting nasty -- even I wouldn't defend her if she were that thin-skinned -- but I can understand her being frustrated and airing out that frustration with snark or being snide when she's basically stating a fact or making a point that the other hosts would rather ignore, if they knew it in the first place. Sunny is going to sit there and suggest Barr is defending the President from justice when the last two AGs were held in contempt of Congress for not honoring a subpoena, plead the fifth to avoid testifying before Congress, and punted on making an executive decision on an investigation to the FBI, respectively. Again: have your side, have your team, but give me a break with this "I'm concerned about transparency" bullshit.

Oh, and not to get too OT, but an uncharitable representation of a position is not the same as lying. There was a bill introduced in the Senate that would state that babies born alive even after an attempted abortion would have all the rights of a legally recognized person, and Democrats voted against it. The alternative is....

Outside of abortion, none of those are hot button political issues, either. And my guess is Sunny's pro-life position is more personal than political.

It's also not what I said. Meghan be wrong on certain facts or I can disagree with her opinion. I think Sunny lies or clams up when she has to take a position the left wouldn't like, which makes her way more clock-able as a host -- meaning I pretty much know what she's going to say before she says it -- and she comes off like a phony.

Actually you can, and it's really not a big contradiction unless you're only focusing on Meghan's role. Talking points beget talking points. I get Meghan is politically conservative, so there are certain principles she's going to agree with and others she won't. That's not what I'm talking about when I say she'd probably like to be more neutral than she can. Ideology is fine, but this show is about current events. Your side isn't always going to be in the right, even if you generally agree with them. As I've said, I've seen Meghan criticize Republicans and break with the conservative position. OTOH, Joy, Whoopi, and Sunny seem to equate being liberal with always defending their side, or pretending like inconvenient facts about their side don't exist. As a result, Meghan has to pull double-duty: she has to not only be the person to level out the conversation as a matter of fairness, but she has to discuss her opinion as well.

I could provide plenty of examples, actually, but they would be OT, so I stick to recent things. But I have mentioned where Joy said Clinton was impeached for a sexual escapade when he lied under oath. Abby mentioned it, Sunny sat silent.

Like I said, most of my comments on this show come with specific examples. I'm not going to kid anybody like I don't see what's going on -- people hate Meghan because she's a Republican and kind of a smartass, and I think many people try to act like her mien is the issue, but it's mainly her politics, and people leave Sunny alone because she's polite-company and mostly liberal. I agree robust conversation from both sides, but I dislike when it seems like people are seeking popularity and validation as opposed to being themselves. I don't think Meghan wants to be the de facto villain of the show, so I sympathize to some degree, but I also think she's acquiesced to it, so I think we're in for more shady comments like what she said to Joy a few weeks ago and her comments to Sunny this week about looking at her.

Not to get too far OT, but Ana and Abby get a reprieve from the mob because they hate Trump. Even though, to be honest, it's people like them that cause people like Trump to ascend. Had one of the "honorable" "decent" men they supported (Huntsman, Jeb, Mitt) and we can throw McCain in there too, had the balls to fight for their side a bit more, instead of trying to be the Good Guys all the time, the GOP wouldn't have been usurped by the first guy who seemed to have a pair of balls and didn't mind mixing it up. So they can be conservative all they want, and they can complain about Trump all they want, but they're cowards and they support cowards...which is why they have to put up Trump now.

So many words are used and yet not necessary.  NutMeg is narcissistic, with no self awareness.  She is not smart, she is not professional.  She is a brat.  She would never survive in the real world in an actual job.  She is kind of the female version of Trump, she just blurts out anything that she wants and gets away with it.  Because she is entitled.

• Love 17
15 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I think your statement is too general.  If Meghan weren't so rude and self-entitled (or self-titled), she would have more fans. I don't hate Meghan; I don't like her personality.  She's more dumbass than smartass. I can enjoy a good smartass.  I'm truly an Independent and don't care a whit about her politics or anyone's but mine.  That said, I really like your writing style and your arguments--even those I disagree with.  (Loved the use of "mien," and hers is mean.)

Well, thanks for the compliment even if we don’t see eye to eye. 🙂

18 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Abby, like McCain, says she doesn't support Trump, but spends every day defending him. The only way the two are different is that McCain acts disgusting, rude, and unprofessional. Abby has manners and uses her inside voice. The hate McCain receives is entirely her due and actually has less to do with her political opinions than it would appear.

13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Yes, when I think of a smartass, I personally think of a Bill Maher, and I love listening to intelligent people who have different views. It helps me learn and understand better. My issue with Meghan is her rudeness, not her politics. She fancies herself a political genius, and she talks down to people who are brighter, older, and more accomplished on a daily basis. Frankly, I'd find it quite boring to watch five women with identical views talking every day. I like contrast and respectful debate. Meghan is incapable of it. 

So, this is more of a Meghan thread point, but I’ll try to briefly address this because I see a version of this point made often; that it’s not her politics, it’s the fact that Meghan is mean, rude, condescending, etc.

I’ve more or less said my peace on this, so I won’t belabor the point, but I think this boils down to a few points:

1. While she doesn’t mind speaking from the conservative perspective, she resents having to be a Republican mouthpiece. Meaning, I think she feels her cohosts set her up to be the contrarian because they refuse to be fair. People hate whataboutism but insist Trump obstructed Justice for firing Comey when we have a list of Democrats calling for his termination when they felt he cost Hillary the election. Hillary deleting emails under subpoena and nobody on the Democrats’ side jaw-jawing about obstruction should not be a GOP talking point when it’s...just what fucking happened. 

2. I think she sees the negative comments and probably wishes she could address some of it. But she’s a public figure, so she has to keep a stiff upper lip to some extent, so some of her attitude is in defiance of the NutMeg/bitchy bitch bitching comments she gets almost daily. 

3. Increasingly, I think she sees no point in being nice when people have basically decided they hate her.

4 hours ago, bannana said:

So many words are used and yet not necessary.  NutMeg is narcissistic, with no self awareness.  She is not smart, she is not professional.  She is a brat.  She would never survive in the real world in an actual job.  She is kind of the female version of Trump, she just blurts out anything that she wants and gets away with it.  Because she is entitled.

Uh, well, I was just responding to comments made to me, not just name-calling, but do you.

2 hours ago, 27bored said:

I think she feels her cohosts set her up to be the contrarian because they refuse to be fair.

Didn't she plop her butt down on her barstool the first day and announce her intentions...one of which was to be particularly anti-Joy?  I'd say she started it--with the encouragement of her father, Whoopi, and the suck-up production staff.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, 27bored said:

Well, thanks for the compliment even if we don’t see eye to eye. 🙂

So, this is more of a Meghan thread point, but I’ll try to briefly address this because I see a version of this point made often; that it’s not her politics, it’s the fact that Meghan is mean, rude, condescending, etc.

I’ve more or less said my peace on this, so I won’t belabor the point, but I think this boils down to a few points:

1. While she doesn’t mind speaking from the conservative perspective, she resents having to be a Republican mouthpiece. Meaning, I think she feels her cohosts set her up to be the contrarian because they refuse to be fair. People hate whataboutism but insist Trump obstructed Justice for firing Comey when we have a list of Democrats calling for his termination when they felt he cost Hillary the election. Hillary deleting emails under subpoena and nobody on the Democrats’ side jaw-jawing about obstruction should not be a GOP talking point when it’s...just what fucking happened. 

2. I think she sees the negative comments and probably wishes she could address some of it. But she’s a public figure, so she has to keep a stiff upper lip to some extent, so some of her attitude is in defiance of the NutMeg/bitchy bitch bitching comments she gets almost daily. 

3. Increasingly, I think she sees no point in being nice when people have basically decided they hate her.

Uh, well, I was just responding to comments made to me, not just name-calling, but do you.

Way way off. She loves it. It's her core identity. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, maggiemae said:

small voice here - I have 2 tongs and never have to tap them. Simply open them and do my thing.

I bet he had KitchenAid tongs, I have them too, here is a link.  It so you don't have to keep squeezing while picking up and tap to release.