Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/29/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, LoveIsJoy said:

I laughed and laughed when Whoopi interrupted Meghan asking her to explain “Fast & Furious” to the audience (just in case some viewers didn’t know what she was referencing spewing during her blue card diatribe against Obama AG, Eric Holder).

I forgot about that!    A couple of weeks ago, Meghan was practically speechless when trying to debate that the Obama administration was free of scandal.  SO  I think she asked her husband what she could say if it came up again.   "Fast & Furious!"   but what does it mean, Meghan?   Uh, um, I mean, guns and stuff, right? 

Because to most people - it's a fucking MOVIE. about car racing. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Abby's mom looked so weird!  Why was she turned that way during the entire interview?  How old is she anyway?

I have to say MM looked better than usual, but sorry, there is NO WAY she is a size 12.

Someone clearly told her she had a better “side” because she kept tilting her head and it was so awkward!! 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I imagine she prefaces every sentence that way.

Hubby:  Sex tonight?    Meghan:  As a Conservative, missionary only!

Waiter:  May I take your order?     Meghan:  As a Conservative, I will have freedom fries, good ole American whiskey, and a cookie shaped like our founding fathers.  

You guys are better than the show. 😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 10
(edited)

Agree Green.....

I actually think she is willfully ignorant.....especially for a pundint.

Plus she can't talk off the cuff and even with her blue cards spews word salads since like most people's conversations veer off course a little and her cards never make sense. Even with the kitchen sink, bathtub and washing machine thrown in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sure hope Joy (and Ana) are there tomorrow.....and no Whoopi.

IMO this has been one of the most boring weeks ever.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:
8 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

ANd Abby saying people shouldn't elope because they should honor the parents who raised and supported them - Abby, not every family is in the same situation. 

Often it's the only affordable way....   Mind your own business, Princess of all Things Sweet and Bright Huntsman.

And who thinks we want to go to the stupid wedding anyway.  I give double the present for NOT being invited.  Cash in a thank you card.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

You know, that phrase (“intellectually dishonest”) is something McCain herself likes to repeat pretty often; I'd never really heard it repeated constantly before her. That's another attempt by her to sound more intelligent than she really is, just like how she must get a new word / phrase off a calendar to abuse every day.

Someone should suggest the word "sophistry." She would love it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, Kenz said:

I've never seen Sunny play the role of a "literal minded idiot", but I've seen Meghan McCain play a rude, immature, clueless idiot every day she has appeared on the show. Intellectually honest? I don't think the words intellectually honest could ever be applied to McCain. Her whole identity is wrapped up in thinking she's some conservative expert who loves to brag about being a straight shooting tough chick. She's kind of sadly pathetic.

The difference between Sunny and Meghan is Meghan comes off like her opinion is her opinion, and she isn’t saying it to “present” herself as being a certain way. That’s not a commentary on the validity or correctness of it, but as I’ve said, I’ve heard Meghan agree and disagree with her side politically plenty of times. I’ve agreed and disagreed with her plenty of times, because she has varied opinions, as I suspect many people do.

Sunny, on the other hand, I think lies, quite frankly, to present herself a certain way. Not just in legal conversation, but political as well. Nobody would question her intelligence, unlike Meghan’s, but they would call her a bitch for saying things they disagree or saying nice things about someone they dislike. So what she does is says a lot of hacky, blue state liberal shit, but she’s a lawyer, so she gets away with it.

Just like the other week when Joy said Republicans tried to impeach Clinton for a “sexual escapade”. I didn’t hear Sunny pipe up and say he was actually impeached for perjuring himself, on camera. Abby had to do it. She has plenty of pushback for Meghan, she had plenty of pushback for Dershowitz. When he asked her if she would feel the same way about obstruction if it was Hillary Clinton, she said she think she would. She was kind of looking down when she said it because she knows that was a boldfaced lie.

In two years, has Sunny once suggested that given Hillary paid for the Steele dossier that formed a large part of the basis for the collusion investigation, she need to be investigated for Russian collusion? Has she once said Hillary deleting thousands of emails while under Congressional subpoena and then destroying the server (things she admitted to) might constitute obstruction? Hell, she defended Eric Holder, who was held in contempt of Congress for withholding documents, but then a minute later suggested Barr is playing “hide the ball” with the Mueller report. That he barely redacted and released to the public. 

Girl bye.

Edited by 27bored
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, 27bored said:

Sunny is supposed to be this great prosecutor. If so, why didn't she check Whoopi about Page and Strzok?

Sunny knows which person at the table has the most power and who already doesn't like her.  Check Whoopi?  Probably a losing proposition.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MMEButterfly said:

Someone should suggest the word "sophistry." She would love it. 

I love it, but along with the suggestion, one would have to give Meghan a dictionary with the page marked with a Post-it Tab AND marked in highlighter.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Kenz said:

I've never seen Sunny play the role of a "literal minded idiot", but I've seen Meghan McCain play a rude, immature, clueless idiot every day she has appeared on the show. Intellectually honest? I don't think the words intellectually honest could ever be applied to McCain. Her whole identity is wrapped up in thinking she's some conservative expert who loves to brag about being a straight shooting tough chick. She's kind of sadly pathetic.

And lest we forget, she's also "smarrrrrrt," and has a "nasty wit."  Of course, these are but two of her self-declared qualities.  (I added the bolding because Kenz is so right!)

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Just yesterday Meghan said it's her job to speak for conservatives.

She said she speaks for conservatives on this show because she’s the only political conservative on the show. I’m saying she doesn’t take disingenuous opinions just to keep her Republican bonafides or remain a fan favorite, unlike Sunny.

• LOL 3

Nostalgia ... here's an 8-minute segment of "The View" on YouTube.  It's Meghan's first day (October 7, 2017) and a tongue-bath from Whoopi.  OMG!    

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm just sayin' ... Abby Huntsman and Ana Navarro are also cohosts on "The View."

Newsweek article: "Huntsman will be the second conservative on The View's        panel, joining Meghan McCain as a second Republican voice. They will appear alongside left-leaning panelists Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar and Sunny Hostin."

Ana Violeta Navarro-Cárdenas (née Navarro Flores; born December 28, 1971) is a Nicaraguan-born American Republican strategist and political commentator for various news outlets, including CNN, CNN en Español, ABC News, Telemundo,      and The View.  Navarro has served in a number of Republican administrations, including the transition team for Florida Governor Jeb Bush in 1998. She also served as the National Co-Chair of the Hispanic Advisory Council for John McCain in 2008 and Jon Huntsman Jr. in 2012. She supported Jeb Bush's 2016 presidential campaign.

Edited by HaaCHOO
Explanation: the spacing came with the cut/paste. Nothing I did could fix it
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

I'm just sayin' ... Abby Huntsman and Ana Navarro are also cohosts on "The View."

Right, HaaCHOO, poor little Meghan McCain doesn't bear the burden of being the only conservative on the show, although she thinks she is, along with being the spokesperson for all of middle America.

Edited by Kenz
punctuation!
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

I'm going to stop you right there to point out your extreme bias. Meghan McCain has literally said several times on the show that she speaks for Conservatives. She speaks for Republicans. She has said several times 'I'm just telling you what people think'. She absolutely does not consistently share her opinions as her own. And most of the other time, she's spouting statistics and poll numbers.  These are facts - simply watching the show will demonstrate that your statement is factually incorrect. 

No, it wouldn’t. I’m aware of the fact that Meghan does and feels it’s her role to represent for conservatives on this show. Part of the reason for that is she’s the only consistently conservative person on the panel and so that’s the de facto role she has to play. I’ve said before I believe Meghan would like to be more balls-and-strikes than she gets to be on this show, as opposed to a TV Trope, but when you have people like Whoopi and Joy and Sunny who simply hate Trump and anybody he’s associated with by proxy, even if you’re a light mayo Republican like Meghan, you wind up sounding like Sean Hannity. 

But hey, Meghan has original thoughts because she sometimes disagrees with Republicans and Conservatives but apparently your logic doesn't apply to Sunny whose opinions on family values and abortion have consistently been against the grain of the Democratic position and has, in fact, mirrored more Conservative talking points.

Sunny’s afraid to speak to what the law says and how the law works if it sounds like she’s defending Trump/Republicans or criticizing Democrats, so maybe she has some views (...heh) that go against the liberal grain, but they barely come up and she soft-sells them when they do.

That's really interesting that Sunny lies and tries to present herself a certain way. That may be useful if you qualify it with examples and explain what exactly Sunny is trying to present herself as. I have not observed that about her (being a liar and a fake), but I find Sunny exhausting in other ways so I'm certainly not close-minded to the possibility but this needs to be qualified with examples, not vague unsubstantiated comments. Meghan has lied several times or lied through insinuations. Like about Iran's money. Like suggesting that her co-hosts think that terrorism is funny. It's one thing if you took issue with BOTH women and how they handle themselves on the show but it reads as totally disingenuous that you would compliment Meghan for things that there is evidence of Sunny also doing and criticize Sunny for things where there is evidence of Meghan also doing.

Well that may come down to two reasons. One, Meghan’s sins are heavily chronicled day-by-day. Sunny’s? Not so much. Second, I find Meghan of average intelligence and wrong on a lot of things, but not so much a liar (meaning she says things she knows not to be true) or disingenuous. Sunny is a smart, well-educated woman, so when she indulges hacky talking points, when she doesn’t speak when Joy or Whoopi or any other liberal says something wrong, factually or otherwise, it hits a little different. Because I know she knows better.

32 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Sunny knows which person at the table has the most power and who already doesn't like her.  Check Whoopi?  Probably a losing proposition.

You’re probably right.

• LOL 2
33 minutes ago, 27bored said:

Well that may come down to two reasons. One, Meghan’s sins are heavily chronicled day-by-day. Sunny’s? Not so much. Second, I find Meghan of average intelligence and wrong on a lot of things, but not so much a liar (meaning she says things she knows not to be true) or disingenuous. Sunny is a smart, well-educated woman, so when she indulges hacky talking points, when she doesn’t speak when Joy or Whoopi or any other liberal says something wrong, factually or otherwise, it hits a little different. Because I know she knows better.

11 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

So Meghan should be excused because she's not a liar, she's just dumb? That's funny.

I was going to say the same thing Cynicalgirl.

Meghan doesn't get a pass because she is stupid. Ignorance isn't a defense.  And Meghan isn't ignorant about what she says.  She knows exactly what to say to get a response.

• Love 23

I hate to be wrong, but  maybe Joy really was sick yesterday.   She's talking about being stuffy today or something, so perhaps yesterday's absence was legit.   Damn.  I was so hoping for a behind the scenes Nutmeg temper tantrum that was one toke over the line.   Well, there might have been one of those because it's Nutty we're talking about, but Joy could have had a health issue also.   ----   Ana's here today, and there's no Whoopie, so all is good at The View.   Until MM opens her mouth, anyway.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

I love it, but along with the suggestion, one would have to give Meghan a dictionary with the page marked with a Post-it Tab AND marked in highlighter.

After she looks it up, the only way she could use it factually in a sentence would be to say "I know you guys always accuse me of sophistry, but I'm speaking for Republicans". And she would mispronounce it so-FIST-er-y.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)
54 minutes ago, 27bored said:

No, it wouldn’t. I’m aware of the fact that Meghan does and feels it’s her role to represent for conservatives on this show. Part of the reason for that is she’s the only consistently conservative person on the panel and so that’s the de facto role she has to play. I’ve said before I believe Meghan would like to be more balls-and-strikes than she gets to be on this show, as opposed to a TV Trope, but when you have people like Whoopi and Joy and Sunny who simply hate Trump and anybody he’s associated with by proxy, even if you’re a light mayo Republican like Meghan, you wind up sounding like Sean Hannity. 

Sunny’s afraid to speak to what the law says and how the law works if it sounds like she’s defending Trump/Republicans or criticizing Democrats, so maybe she has some views (...heh) that go against the liberal grain, but they barely come up and she soft-sells them when they do.

You can't say 'at least Meghan has her own opinions unlike Sunny' but then also acknowledge that Meghan consistently represents a certain group and can't be as balls and strikes as she likes. You can't be representative of the opinions of millions of people across the country and still wholly represent your own opinions and not push party talking points. It's just not possible and to suggest both is contradicting. 

Unless you provide examples that demonstrate a pattern, I can't really do anything with your comments that suggest that she intentionally withholds her legal expertise with respect to information that could be seen as defending Trump.  You also haven't touched on examples of her lying.

I think it's absolutely fair for you to take the position that since Meghan is heavily criticized here, you would rather focus on addressing your concerns with Sunny as a host. However, this position isn't a carte blanche to be contradicting. Making accusations and not providing a single example (let alone a pattern of examples) to substantiate what you're saying is not really contributing to a genuine discussion. People can't see your points if you aren't really saying anything to substantiate your points. You can criticize Sunny without comparing her to Meghan so to constantly bring Meghan into your discussions when it comes to criticisms against the other women on the panel obviously has a purpose to your argument. There is a bias to your argument that I think you're going out of your way to imply doesn't exist when it very clearly does. You are flippant to the examples that contradict your statements and you push forward anyway so it's an agree to disagree situation here because I think you're highly contradicting for the sake of criticizing the 'liberals' at the time, particularly Sunny but I'm sure you'll probably disagree with that and you're absolutely free to do so.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 20
(edited)
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I'm going to stop you right there to point out your extreme bias. Meghan McCain has literally said several times on the show that she speaks for Conservatives. She speaks for Republicans. She has said several times 'I'm just telling you what people think'. She absolutely does not consistently share her opinions as her own. And most of the other time, she's spouting statistics and poll numbers.  These are facts - simply watching the show will demonstrate that your statement is factually incorrect. 

But hey, Meghan has original thoughts because she sometimes disagrees with Republicans and Conservatives but apparently your logic doesn't apply to Sunny whose opinions on family values and abortion have consistently been against the grain of the Democratic position and has, in fact, mirrored more Conservative talking points. 

That's really interesting that Sunny lies and tries to present herself a certain way. That may be useful if you qualify it with examples and explain what exactly Sunny is trying to present herself as. I have not observed that about her (being a liar and a fake), but I find Sunny exhausting in other ways so I'm certainly not close-minded to the possibility but this needs to be qualified with examples, not vague unsubstantiated comments. Meghan has lied several times or lied through insinuations. Like about Iran's money. Like suggesting that her co-hosts think that terrorism is funny. It's one thing if you took issue with BOTH women and how they handle themselves on the show but it reads as totally disingenuous that you would compliment Meghan for things that there is evidence of Sunny also doing and criticize Sunny for things where there is evidence of Meghan also doing. 

Yes! Applause and standing O!

In other news, why does MM have to spit and spew so damn fast? It is so annoying.

Glad to see Joy back

I can't believe that that many folks get their news from facebook. WHAT?

Edited by ari333
  • Love 19
14 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I hate to be wrong, but  maybe Joy really was sick yesterday.   She's talking about being stuffy today or something, so perhaps yesterday's absence was legit.   Damn.  I was so hoping for a behind the scenes Nutmeg temper tantrum that was one toke over the line.   Well, there might have been one of those because it's Nutty we're talking about, but Joy could have had a health issue also.   ----   Ana's here today, and there's no Whoopie, so all is good at The View.   Until MM opens her mouth, anyway.

Not going to lie, I did chuckle reading some of the comments yesterday of people theorizing that Joy went home 'sick' because she was fed up with Meghan and that's why Meghan came out initially quiet yesterday. I could be totally wrong, but I think the theories are just a product of people unwilling to accept and resign themselves to a bitter fate that the View personnel they can't stand to watch isn't going anywhere anytime soon and so they look for any sign, any potential glimmer of hope that would suggest that changes are coming. I'm of the mind that if Meghan's presence is increasingly becoming a threat to Joy's (or anyone else's) interest being on the show, I'm sure it'll get picked up by various gossip outlets because I feel almost positive that someone on the inside will want to leak that juicy tidbit, lol.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, 27bored said:

She said she speaks for conservatives on this show because she’s the only political conservative on the show. I’m saying she doesn’t take disingenuous opinions just to keep her Republican bonafides or remain a fan favorite, unlike Sunny.

Great way to throw Ana and Abby under the size 12 bus!

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, bannana said:

This article covers the bit where NutMeg tells Sunny not to look at her that way.  

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan-mccain-sneers-at-view-colleague-you-dont-need-to-look-at-me-that-way

But what the article leaves out is that when Whoopi tried to intervene, NutMeg clarified that she was referring to Sunny, not Whoopi! 

Both articles highlight that NutMeg was ill-informed about the Fast and Furious thing and was caught off guard.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/05/the-views-meghan-mccain-sputters-after-shes-busted-for-comparing-barr-to-obamas-attorney-general/

It wasn't a coincidence that Abby and Meghan came in prepped with the Holder comparison. I'm sure they both watched Fox News to get the proper talking points.  And as usual, Meghan's prep was as shallow as a puddle.  

• Love 16
30 minutes ago, deirdra said:

And she would mispronounce it so-FIST-er-y.

Good!  Too, too good!  She'd think it was sexual--but in the deviance she appreciates.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think Whoopie is intimidated by Sunny's education. 

A definite understatement...and the reason Whoopi tries to subtlely*demean Sunny whenever possible--sometimes with just a look.

*As if Whoopi can do anything subtlely.

• Love 13
(edited)
36 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Also Sunny doesn't try to bring down her co hosts that don't agree with her. She does the we will have to agree to disagree.  Meghan does the if you disagree with me you are wrong.

Exactly. Sunny is humble about her intelligence and accomplishments. She doesn’t get nasty and condescending like Meghan.

I’m glad Joy is back. I have such a soft spot for her.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Nostalgia ... here's an 8-minute segment of "The View" on YouTube.  It's Meghan's first day (October 7, 2017) and a tongue-bath from Whoopi.  OMG!    

Was that the first and last time Meghan entered smiling?

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Probably due to the release of her clothing line, Whoopi has sunk even deeper into her "Inarticulate Yoda" mode, dispensing ill-thought-out advice to all.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
(edited)
31 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The View producers/staff must have watched The Good Fight last night to get the idea for the Hate Speech vs. Free Speech "hot topic"

Facebook is a private organization so they have the discretion to do what they want.  Just like Primetimer, we can only speak about politics as long as it was brought up on the show. If you violate that rule, you can be suspended or banned if after repeated warnings  you continue to talk about politics that are off-topic. 

Free speech means the government cannot come after you for your rhetoric.  I can criticize and mock elected officials as long as I don't threaten their lives.  Hate speech has consequences in a private organization.  I don't understand why Sunny was so uncomfortable about people being banned on facebook for their dangerous rhetoric.  Facebook is not a government entity.

It is frightening that so many people rely on facebook for news as a country we are in big trouble.    

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 19
(edited)
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

I can't believe that that many folks get their news from facebook. WHAT?

My dad does. He has his computer set up so FB is his homepage. All the news he gets are through links on facebook. I once suggested he "google" something, and he didn't know how. He does searches through FB.

My dad is in his 90s.  But I worked with people in their 30s who did the same thing. Everything they did online, they did through FB. It was a while ago, but I was once helping a coworker find something online.  I told him to search the address. Huh? I said, ok, close Facebook, open a tab and do a Google search. I swear he looked at me like I must be some kind of computer genius.

(The idiot later became my boss and fired me, but that's another story, with a happy ending)

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

I've lost track of how many times I've had to tell people on FB that stories (usually alarmist and fear mongering) that they've reposted are not true. Snopes is our friend!

Not much to say about today's show. Everyone was pretty well behaved.  I didn't know Rebel Wilson was a lawyer. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 17
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Not much to say about today's show. Everyone was pretty well behaved.  I didn't know Rebel Wilson was a lawyer. 

The contrast between Rebel Wilson and Megan was palpable.  It is not fair to compare them, but, I did. Rebel has gotten herself in trouble on twitter, but, what a delightful woman.. Her rap made me laugh, I wonder if the show will have to pay for it, lol.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12