Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/29/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, April 29– The Political View with Newt Gingrich (author, “Collusion”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, April 30– E. L. James (author, “The Mister”)

Wednesday, May 1– The View celebrates Abby Huntsman’s birthday; Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, May 2– The Political View with Alan Dershowitz (author, “The Mueller Report: The Final Report Of The Special Counsel Into Donald Trump, Russia & Collusion”)

Friday, May 3– Diane Sawyer (ABC News anchor); Rebel Wilson (“The Hustle”); Chef Aarón Sanchez; “Feel Good Friday: View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Newt Gingrich, 2 days of View Your Deal and yet another birthday celebration.  Oh yay. 

I hope Abby's birthday show is when she gets fired on-air. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

Alan Dershowitz, yuck.

He is so awful and whines incessantly about being shamed by the liberals.. What an ass!  He Megan and insipid Abby will be unbearable as a trio.

I refuse to watch Newt Gingrich. I may just read the comments on here. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 19

Hey The View - try not to make Abby happen.

Especially when she thinks wealthy friends should not give expensive gifts to a new mother and - as she did, gloat about it with Whoopi's super duper expensive bassinets.

• Love 11

I avoid this show because I cannot stand what they say, but I was watching a show on my DVR and when it ended and went back to live TV, Joy popped up. She was actually blaming Trump for the assault on the synagogue. And with that self-righteous face she often has on. Then that other idiot, Sunni or something, agrees and blames it on the White House. And Whoopi is crowing, they’re coming for all of us. 

Well, I just have to give them all credit for figuring out how to get paid for spilling whatever garbage they decide out of their mouths.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, sevenrings said:

Thank god for Sunny and Joy. They sure as hell didn’t let Newt Gringritch try to rewrite history and spew lies that Trump has denounced racism, white supremacists, nazis etc.

Can you please give us a synopsis? I cannot stand Newt, an awful human being and a vile hypocrite. I don't want to go off-topic, so I will stop..

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Can you please give us a synopsis? I cannot stand Newt, an awful human being and a vile hypocrite. I don't want to go off-topic, so I will stop..

Basically Joy asked if Newt thinks Trump has any responsibility in the recent synogauge shooting or any of the other recent hate crimes due to his dog whistling and never denouncing racism or hate groups. Newt said that this idea that Trump hasn’t denounced these groups is a “myth by the left”, and that he’s “clearly” denounced them. Joy said “it’s not so clear!” and Sunny followed up by bringing up the quote in which Trump said there’s “very fine people on both sides” and Newt responded by saying you can’t call people horrible and racist for supporting Robert E Lee, and then tried to flip the topic by asking about antifa and violence on the left.

Edited by sevenrings
  • Useful 3
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, sevenrings said:

Basically Joy asked if Newt thinks Trump has any responsibility in the recent synogauge shooting or any of the other recent hate crimes due to his dog whistling and never denouncing racism or hate group. Newt said that this idea that Trump hasn’t denounced these groups is a “myth by the left”, and that he’s “clearly” denounced them. Joy said “it’s not so clear!” and Sunny followed up by bringing up the quote in which Trump said there’s “very fine people on both sides” and Newt responded by saying you can’t call people horrible and racist for supporting Robert E Lee, and then tried to flip the topic by asking about antifa and violence on the left.

Okay, so he did the usual thing that the right does in whataboutism and attacking the left while minimizing their dear leader's actions, Thanks!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20
39 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Okay, so he did the usual thing that the right does in whataboutism and attacking the left while minimizing their dear leader's actions, Thanks!

Yep.  Lots of whataboutism.  Hated that when they asked him about the rise of hate crimes against places of worship by white men in America, he pivoted to blaming social media giving those people a place to find each other, and then pivoted again to the man who threw the little boy over the railing at the Mall of America.   And of course never answereed the question asked, about what should be done.   

Thankfully Sunny broke down the new Charlottesvllee talking point that Newt tried to use.  That Trump had specifically stated the KKK at White Nationalists are bad, and the many fine people on both sides referred to those who were there about the Robert E. Lee monument.   And that the left were talking his comments out of context.  Sunny correctly pointed out that that Trump first made the fine people on both sides comment, and then days later after the backlash, said White Nationalists/KKK were not good people, but then still doubled down on good people on both sides.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Marci said:

I avoid this show because I cannot stand what they say, but I was watching a show on my DVR and when it ended and went back to live TV, Joy popped up. She was actually blaming Trump for the assault on the synagogue. And with that self-righteous face she often has on. Then that other idiot, Sunni or something, agrees and blames it on the White House. And Whoopi is crowing, they’re coming for all of us. 

Well, I just have to give them all credit for figuring out how to get paid for spilling whatever garbage they decide out of their mouths.

Sunny is an extremely well-educated and well-spoken woman. She displays her intelligence on the show every day. I do think Joy is self-righteous, as are most people with strident political views, but I like her in spite of that.

• Love 14
48 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

A Muslim-American criticizes Israel - wailing and rending and calling on Jewish people who are as close as family.  A white supremacist actually attacks and kills Jewish people - calm and rational statements.  How did the first example cause such hysteria, and the second only inspire concern?  

She finds them both "scaarryy".  I guess she just cowers in her panic room rather than come up with a solution.  Maybe she should get her grown ass out of the house and go find herself.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Just once I wish someone would point out to Meghan that being the daughter of a failed presidential candidate doesn't grant her political expertise.

Didn't she once say she advised his campaign?  If that is true no wonder he lost.

• LOL 14
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

NutMeg kept shrieking, while laughing, Republicans stand in line, Democrats cannibalize.

WTAF? 🙃

She misspoke as usual. The saying is Democrats fall in love and Republicans fall in line regarding voting. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

He is so awful and whines incessantly about being shamed by the liberals.. What an ass!  He Megan and insipid Abby will be unbearable as a trio.

I refuse to watch Newt Gingrich. I may just read the comments on here. 

Wonder if the ladies will bring up Dershowitz friendship with that Jeffrey Epstein guy & accusations of under-age sex?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Also funny today were these two awkward moments with Whoopi and NutMeg:

• I think it was in the first segment, everyone had spoken except for NutMeg.  She goes to speak, but Whoopi is also speaking and then NutMeg stops speaking, and Whoopi tells her to go ahead, and she is clearly hesitant, but she then speaks.  Someone has talked to NutMeg about her interactions with Whoopi, especially.
  • During the Newt interview, Whoopi throws to NutMeg to ask her question, but NutMeg is listening to the voice in her ear and says there is no time for her question, they have to go to commercial, but will be back with Newt.  Then the camera goes to Whoopi who is clearly annoyed and she says they will be right back.
  • LOL 8
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I wonder if Abby's sisters will 'surprise' her by being in the audience for her birthday like they did when they 'surprised' her for her shower?  🙄 

I can't stand Jeff and Isabel. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

So MM claims Beto "abandoned his wife and children."  Wow, that's a new low even for her.  Yep, he just left his wife and children without a home, or food or cell phones.  He just vanished into thin air in her mind.  I really think she was channeling Hillary's walk in the woods. 

Outside of child abuse, I can't think of a more disgusting thing to accuse someone of.  Abandonment is not a phrase that should be used lightly.

Edited by xingu
  • Love 17

I appreciated Sunny and Joy rightly naming the recent attack as domestic terrorism.  It made me think of the hilarious and right on point bit done by Samantha Bee on her Correspondent Dinner show about racism and not sugar coating it.  Let's get Sam at the table this week instead of these AWFUL guests.  (And I heard Howard Stern say on his show today that he's going on the View to push his book.  Cannot wait!!)

• Love 14

I only watch the birthday/anniversary/baby shower shows to see the cute daddy's.  But seriously, be it Max* or Jeff or Manny or Ben or Steve, I like seeing the men behind the women.   For too many years it was the opposite.

* Yes I know Max is not a current husband, but he's still hot.

Edited by xingu
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Also funny today were these two awkward moments with Whoopi and NutMeg:

• I think it was in the first segment, everyone had spoken except for NutMeg.  She goes to speak, but Whoopi is also speaking and then NutMeg stops speaking, and Whoopi tells her to go ahead, and she is clearly hesitant, but she then speaks.  Someone has talked to NutMeg about her interactions with Whoopi, especially.
  • During the Newt interview, Whoopi throws to NutMeg to ask her question, but NutMeg is listening to the voice in her ear and says there is no time for her question, they have to go to commercial, but will be back with Newt.  Then the camera goes to Whoopi who is clearly annoyed and she says they will be right back.

I noticed both of these moments, too, and I agree - I think someone or two have spoken to/warned Meghan about her outbursts (that maybe why she was on a "sick-out" for two days last week). 

But, it appears that Whoopi is losing her fondness for Meghan.  That was a dark look she shot Meghan when Meghan said "We have to take a break right now".  Doesn't Meghan know that whatever you do, you don't step on Whoopi's moderator toes?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I'm really confused about something.  Please help.  I thought that on last Tuesday's show they said that MM would be out on Wed. for a Women's Convention.  Did I dream that?  But, the Thursday absence make no sense.

Regardless, I think Whoopi tolerates MM much more than she is fond of her.  But show biz and politics make strange bedfellows.  Don't forget: MAKE SPARKS.

• Love 6

Good point.  It must have been a flashback from doing Absinthe back in Paris in the '30s.  Or this show is turning my brain to dust.  Ahh, green fairies.  I watch too many shows to keep them all straight.  So thank you.

I am still upset by MM feeding that stupid trope of "Republicans fall in line..." BS.  Yeah, so did millions of Germans in WWII and look how that turned out.  She practically admitted to putting party in front of patriotism.  Her father would be so proud (or rolling in his grave).  Did you know her father was a war hero and a national treasure? No?  Just ask her and she will tell you, and tell you, and tell you, ad nauseum.

If I hear the word dog-whistle one more time I may strangle myself.  IT'S NOT A DOG-WHISTLE IF EVERYONE CAN HEAR IT!!!

Edited by xingu
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, xingu said:

I'm really confused about something.  Please help.  I thought that on last Tuesday's show they said that MM would be out on Wed. for a Women's Convention.  Did I dream that? 

I think you dreamt that.  She was out sick and they mentioned it early-ish in the show.  The next day they mentioned she was sick as an aside near the end of the ep.

The reason I know NutMeg was not sick?  Whoopi tried to mention if nonchalantly and then Joy reiterated it, which seems like overkill.  She was not sick.

• Love 10

Thank you.  But now you have me worried.  Why the heck am I dreaming of MM? Brain bleach STAT. 

For the record I think Abby is a vapid piece of white toast.  It will satisfy if starved, but provide little nourishment.

Edited by xingu
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3