Type keyword(s) to search

Dear Diary: Question Of The Day(s)

Message added by JTMacc99

Reminder:  This isn't a discussion thread.  Either answer the question, or skip it and come back for the next one.   

• Start Topic

I have long since forgotten everything I learned about dinosaurs as a kid, so I'll pick based on most-interesting shape in that poster and declare a tie between parasaurolophus and stegosaurus.

• Love 2

Back when we studied dinosaurs, there weren't that many, so I am assuming even more will be discovered.
Therefore, my yet-to-be discovered favorite dinosaur will be named either Precognitionosaurus anxiousi or Chickenosaurus littlest.
The remains of the adult Precognitionosaurus anxiousi (aka Chickenosaurus littlest) would be typically found under a cliff in a fetal position where this dinosaur was waiting for the meteor to hit.

Here's even more:

dinosaurs_list.jpg

• LOL 4

Stegasaurus, because of one of my favorite dinosaur books The Shy Stegosaurus of Cricket Creek by Evelyn Sibly Lampman  (My all-time favorite dinosaur book was All About Dinosaurs, by Roy Chapman Andrews.).

ETA:favorite books as a kid, I mean.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Looks like...a croissant will be my death weapon? 

All right, then. 

A croissant for me, too.  I will be sure to avoid Burger King.  And France.

• LOL 5

A box. Considering that my profession works with large volumes of paper record storage, it’s fitting. I have said that Iron Mountain offsite records storage will be the death of me, so apparently it actually will be. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I got the cardboard box. given the amount of things I order on Amazon...yeah, no, I am going to keep ordering. Now I get the added excitement of every new package possibly containing my eventual doom! I just ordered a wide toothed comb and some Nyquil....so, I'll either be poisoned or poke an eye out?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

A floppy disk

First of all, assuming there is any incriminating evidence against me saved to floppy disk in an alcohol fueled stupor, does anyone still own a working device that can read it? It's haunted? Again, hard pressed to find a device that can read it, or release it's demons, not that it's impossible, but odds may be in my favor. 

• LOL 4

A pencil. If it were a red pencil, that would be frighteningly on target. But since my work has gone all digital, it may be too little too late.

13 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

A floppy disk

. . . does anyone still own a working device that can read it?

I do. So beware. I may be the engine of your destruction.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

First of all, assuming there is any incriminating evidence against me saved to floppy disk in an alcohol fueled stupor, does anyone still own a working device that can read it?

11 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I do. So beware. I may be the engine of your destruction.

I do, too.  You better be nice to us.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Oh dear-mine is a hammer! I'm not a woodworker but last night my husband did say he was going to hit me in the head with one if I didn't shut up and go to sleep! Guess I will have to hide that bad boy! LOL!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I have a saltshaker. Is that a code for high blood pressure? I could see that, but for other reasons than too much salt.

19 hours ago, Bastet said:

I don't even have a guess for the thing at 9-3.

I would guess meteor, but that doesn't really fit with the rest.

• Love 1

I always thought it would be a nuclear holocaust, but apparently it's a chocolate chip cookie.🍪
I don't really buy or eat cookies because I try to keep my sugar intake low, so maybe I'll be walking past the cookies in Wegmans when the nuclear holocaust happens?
Easily avoided.
I'll be sure to approach the Hint Of Salt Triscuits from the non-cookie end of the aisle and leave by the same route. 
Oh.
But according to this fortune telling diagram, probably I will slip on a banana peel by avoiding the cookie end of the aisle. 
Okay.
This is definitely Not the most dignity-robbing path to death, and it might provide a little comic fodder to some with darker senses of humor.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, JustHereForFood said:

I have a saltshaker. Is that a code for high blood pressure? I could see that, but for other reasons than too much salt.

Saltshaker could indicate tequila shots. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 5/5/2022 at 3:55 PM, Bastet said:

I can't tell what two of those things are.  Is the one at 7-0 a potato?  I don't even have a guess for the thing at 9-3.

Yeah, I'm 9-3 and have no clue what that is. A meteor?

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Yeah, I'm 9-3 and have no clue what that is. A meteor?

I believe it is a meteor and/or comet, but I would also avoid flaming basketballs, just in case. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I believe it is a meteor and/or comet, 

19 minutes ago, Bastet said:

But that doesn't fit with all the others, which are mundane everyday objects.

Perhaps being in the last position means it's the ultimate ender of life on earth?
Here's the "original":

2604.svg

• Useful 1
(edited)

Now that 9-3 looks like the horn of a rhinoceros. Oh I read it wrong! Born 1949, 3rd day so so actually 9-0, swiss cheese is going to get me !

My DS will be done in by a cup of coffee, DD by a chocolate chip cookie. Who comes up with this stuff??

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ebk57 said:

A pretzel.  I hate pretzels.  Although I suppose it's better than the toilet paper... (sorry @ABay)

I was hoping for the booze...  I'll keep trying.

Pretzel? Do you mean this one?

image.png.3384023caa8e10d52b3c9f229c967e22.png
Because, if so, in the words of Stephen Colbert and my cab driver: "is potato."
And legend has it that potatoes have at times been used to make vodka.

• LOL 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

My amazon package arrived but it was in a bubble wrap envelope not a cardboard box. Whew. I have once again cheated my eventual doom. 

I've had some disasters with those bubble wrap envelopes. Who ships a jar of salsa in one??? At least I got a replacement!

Edited by Gramto6
33 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Pretzel? Do you mean this one?

image.png.3384023caa8e10d52b3c9f229c967e22.png
Because, if so, in the words of Stephen Colbert and my cab driver: "is potato."
And legend has it that potatoes have at times been used to make vodka.

I'd love "is potato"!  Unfortunately, it's the one underneath.  

• Love 1