Type keyword(s) to search

Dear Diary: Question Of The Day(s)

Message added by JTMacc99

Reminder:  This isn't a discussion thread.  Either answer the question, or skip it and come back for the next one.   

• Start Topic

1. pancakes (various fillings, the best is nutella or cinnamon sugar)

2. spinach soup with croutons

3. cakes (muffins, cheesecake, strudel, ...) - would take half the list if listed separately

4. pizza (margherita is the best, sometimes with added olives or corn)

5. baked potatoes 

6. toast (with only butter, or with cucumber, egg, cheese or canned beans)

7. potato salad

8. Christmas cookies (various)

9. potato pancakes

10. omelette

Before 2018 when I became a pescetarian, I would have also included chicken soup. Before this January when I finally became a vegetarian, there would have been baked salmon, probably in the top 3. I had it the last time on Christmas and I was surprised I didn't find it as tasty as before. That's when I knew I was ready to stop eating fish.

• Love 2

M&M’s with peanuts                               Sharp Cheddar 

Chocolate                                                Swiss cheese 

Strawberry licorice                                  Gorgonzola 

Snickers                                                   Romano cheese 

(last is pictured)                                      Camembert 4647F6E6-BE9C-44C4-B016-4D6F18EC1A0F.jpeg.6f1c121a963fab262da0260c758d1ebe.jpeg 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Necco Wafers
  • Dark chocolate anything
  • Wacky Wafers
  • Bottlecaps
  • M & M's
  • Colby
  • Everything else
  • All the cheeses I haven't met yet
  • Chipotle Gouda
  • I like cheese

String Cheese Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I wanted to put the cheese guy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer but couldn't find the GIF.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

As an adult I don't really eat candy. Chocolate, yes, but candy no.  But as a GenX kid from the late 70s early 80s I have some nostalgic favorites I ate all the time back in the day:

1. Razzles (The candy that turns into gum! That chalky texture could not be beat)

2. Atomic Fireball (still amazed I did not choke on these and die. Half the time You were holding them while sucking in air to cool off your tongue)

3. Candy Buttons  (Honestly not a lot of bang for your buck, but the delivery method of candy stuck to paper was the major attraction. NGL,  I think I ended up eating a lot of paper)

4. Grape Now and Laters (or as we called them Now'nLaters)

5. Cow Tales (caramel and compressed sugar. So basically, sugar and sugar)

Thank goodness for flouride in our municipal water and my parents good dental plan because I would have no teeth.

As for Cheese well that is a different, I love a good cheese:

1 - Artigiano Vino Rosso (a small batch cheddar soaked in red wine)

2 - Brie

3 - Sharp provolone

4 - Cooper

5 - Apple smoked Gouda

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, festivus said:

5 favorite candies. If you don't like candy, 5 favorite cheeses. Or be a rebel and do both. If you don't like candy or cheese:

Shame. Shame, Shame, Shame! 🙀😹

I like candy, but I'll choose cheese:

1) string

2) square

3) cubed

4) melted

5) spreadable

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

1. almost any dark chocolate, as long as it is unadulterated by icky things like marshmallow, nuts, or fruit.  Mint is fine, as are caramel and sea salt.  Chuao Chocolatiers has a few kinds that I adore, but hard pass on marshmallow, nuts, or fruit.

2.  Galaxy Minstrels -- the only milk chocolate I really enjoy.  I'll eat other milk chocolate, but I don't usually seek it out like I do with Minstrels.

3. Sherbet Lemons, which I just discovered this past June.  I had no idea they were a real thing.  I thought they were some made up thing like Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.  

4. Starburst All Red jelly beans.

5. Reese's cups. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I can't think of any non-chocolate candy I like, so I'll focus on cheese and challenge myself to narrow it down to five favorites:

- Gouda
- Cheddar
- Brie
- Feta (Greek)
- Gruyere

Ask me again tomorrow and I'll have a different list of five; I easily have 20 favorite cheeses. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

Cadbury Cream Eggs

Those were such a treat - while I vastly prefer dark chocolate, I can still love milk chocolate when it's the real deal and even when combined with something really sugary - before they changed the recipe.

• Love 1

Kit Kat

Snickers

Twix (peanut butter is the best but I like it with regular cookie bars, not chocolate as it has come in some versions)

Peanut M&Ms (can't stand the plain ones; when there's invariably at least one M&M without a peanut in a the package, I call it a "dud")

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

• Like 1

Since I try not to eat candy, I’ll choose cheese!

1 Stilton

2 Wicklow Blue Brie

3 Cashel Blue

4 Wensleydale with cranberries

5 Goat cheese 

I could go on… Some of these I can’t get locally so they’re treats when I go home.

• Love 2

I'm not sure about cheese, other than cream cheese, and extra sharp cheddar.

I snack on chocolate, but go through phases with that. I love the cadbury's chocolate eggs. When other people were hoarding toilet paper, I wanted to get my chocolate eggs. I like English chocolate, like Aero, and Lion bars. If I list anything, it will be a lot more than five.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

How do you draw a star?  

1 5 3 2 4 perhaps?

Maybe 5 2 4 1 3?

Let us know below!

D7F105B2-5816-4359-B723-D7A5E7B2D3EA.jpeg

Okay, were you just trying to see if we were paying attention?  This is using your first suggestion: (pardon my lack of graphic skills)

image.png.85d3e556dc379b684f6fa1c2f7afd8ef.png

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 9/19/2022 at 7:33 AM, festivus said:

5 favorite candies. If you don't like candy, 5 favorite cheeses. Or be a rebel and do both. If you don't like candy or cheese:

Shame. Shame, Shame, Shame! 🙀😹

anything licorice, jujubes, dark chocolate and white, trail mix, Purdy's chocolates

gruyere, cheddar, havarti, feta, parmesan

• Love 2