Type keyword(s) to search

Dear Diary: Question Of The Day(s)

Message added by JTMacc99

Reminder:  This isn't a discussion thread.  Either answer the question, or skip it and come back for the next one.   

• Start Topic

Strawberry shortcake or snow cone.  There's just something about the Strawberry shortcake I love, even more than the Chocolate eclair despite my  love of  chocolate.  And Snow cones, I just find so refreshing.

• Love 3

Drum Stick.  I get them frequently either from the grocery store or a larger box from Costco.  I like that these now include vanilla fudge instead of chocolate, because I like chocolate ice cream but prefer the drumsticks with vanilla for some reason.  It's important for the cone to be crisp on these as well, otherwise it hurts my teeth!

I think that Taco Time used to have choco tacos and I had one a few times when my mom and I would eat there after a shopping trip.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Miss Anne Thrope said:

Chocolate Eclair all the way!  (If Toasted Almond were available, it would be a tossup.)

I loved those toasted almond ice creams so that would be my dream choice. Since it isn’t available I’d take a Drum Stick. 

• Love 4

When I was growing up my family often bought push-ups from the store, so although I loved them it never made sense to get them from the ice-cream truck since we had them in the freezer.  Hence my choices above. :)

• Love 4

For me there were two main choices from the Ice Cream Truck. I would flip back and forth between the Chocolate Eclair and the King Cone.  I've always been a big fan of vanilla ice cream with other stuff getting involved.

If I were putting in requests for my mom to pick things up from the supermarket, I'd add on the creamsicle and the ice cream sandwich options.

• Love 4

What is it about ice cream trucks anyway? They rarely went through our last neighbourhood (and I've yet to see one here) but when we would hear that music, even without kids around, my husband and I would  channel our inner 10 yr olds and then either talk ourselves out of running out and chasing it up the street or else we would give in and run out and chase it up the street!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

My favorite from the ice cream truck is not listed above. It was the chocolate coated vanilla ice cream bar on a stick that had a hard chocolate center, preferably with rice krispies in the chocolate coating, but not necessarily.

c3c4e722a6473acfbb89605f8e07c0a8.jpg

• Love 8
7 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

My favorite from the ice cream truck is not listed above. It was the chocolate coated vanilla ice cream bar on a stick that had a hard chocolate center, preferably with rice krispies in the chocolate coating, but not necessarily.

Yes yes yes!!!  I think it was called the Chocolate Chip on the Good Humor truck when I was young.  I think the chocolate coating was smooth, but the whole point of the treat was the semi-sweet hunk of chocolate molded around the stick.  If they still made it, I'd buy an extra freezer. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Scrooge. Scrooge?! Does this mean my student loans will be forgiven and I can sing "Thank you very much" while dancing on Sallie Mae's coffin? Awesome!

Fast forward to 50 seconds in:

Edited by ABay
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

The Sting.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I mean, Paul Newman and Robert Redford, yes please!  And the music, too -- great!  But it's a long con!  Am I the one being conned, or am I the one pulling off the con?

• Love 8
(edited)

Alien.

A parasitic creature attaches itself to a small crew and causes havoc and terror in a short period of time.

Sigh.

Please tell me this does not mean my mother-in-law is actually gonna come and stay a few weeks with us now that we are all vaccinated like she has been hinting?

(I kid... I kid... she's not that bad... she's just very high maintenance)

Edited by DearEvette
  • LOL 14
(edited)

American Graffiti 
This doesn't work for me, and any grandkids are but a glimmer in the eye of my caboose of my nearly middle-aged offspring.
So to TPTB that thought this formula would work for everyone, my message (which is also from when I was ten years old, o so long ago) is:
"It Ain't Me Babe" (Bob Dylan)

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

Doctor Zhivago....

hmmmm...I do have significant Russian ancestry on my dad's side of the family (he grew up speaking Russian at home but unfortunately never taught me any) but otherwise not sure what this portends for the rest of the year.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, isalicat said:

Doctor Zhivago....

hmmmm...I do have significant Russian ancestry on my dad's side of the family (he grew up speaking Russian at home but unfortunately never taught me any) but otherwise not sure what this portends for the rest of the year.

A lot of snow?? A torrid affair with either a smoking hot Omar Sharif or an orange Julie Christie, or both??

• LOL 9
5 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

I guess I'm dating myself but mine was The Sound of Music. Does this mean I will be on the run from Nazis with a bunch of kids? Yikes-I hope not!

Me too!  It means we're going to become great singers!  Or able to make children's clothing out of curtains.

• LOL 6

Commando

I don't know if I ever saw this one; a lot of Arnold's movie plots tend to blend together in my memory.  I looked it up, and apparently I'll be trying to rescue Alyssa Milano from a Latin American dictator.  Either that or it's a warning to buy more underwear, even though I just stocked up recently!

• Love 3

Man, I'm liking my Saturday Night Fever future a lot more after seeing what a lot of you all got.

John Travolta Dancing GIF by Hollywood Suite

3 hours ago, jennifer6973 said:

Return of the Jedi

That's not too bad! It starts out with almost getting tossed into the belly of a Sarlacc, where you will find a new definition of pain and suffering, as you are slowly digested over a thousand years, but instead you get a happy ending where you save the galaxy.

• Love 5
On 6/8/2021 at 12:46 PM, SweetieDarling said:

That was my favorite also.

• Love 2