Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Lashanta's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

It is creepy how much she sounds like a child. "I proooooomise"

"I'm going to prove you wrong and make you proud, you'll see!" Honey. You're not doing Dr. Now a favor. Get over yourself. 

Oh noes! She's "forced" to go on a diet while in the hospital. Guys. Is she spectacularly obtuse or just dumb? Discuss. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Aw, I'm sorry! I was reaching for a Lola joke, I didn't mean it as judgement or anything. ❤️

Yee. But sometimes its fun to just completely ruin a joke by taking it seriously. Though admittedly thats probably not the best joke to tale seriously. Though I did actually write a letter to my mother basically just ranting and getting my feelings out (not one she should ever see) and it did make me feel better.

One good thing that in terms of results of trauma stuff I just disappear for a bit compared to other possibilites like heavy drug using or like the poundticerpants.

Edited by Splashes
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

"Play Time Ovuh!"  in that freaking little voice.....

That is what her mother told her when she got pregnant at 13.  That is what she says now when she's cornered. I feel a little sorry for her right now. 

• Love 3

So she ate herself up to 689 and now she is down to 579.

And she is "resistant" to standing up.  Of course she is.  THen she will be expected to take care of herself instead of demanding everyone else to take care of her!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, nytonc said:

I don’t understand how reclining like a fat slug in a medical transport is harder on the knees than reclining like a fat slug in a bed!?!

Ow, my knees!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

It's 9:20 p.m. No weight loss surgery coming.

I'm guessing by the end of this episode, she'll have gained another 30 pounds.

I always wonder what they think will happen with weight loss surgery... do they think they can magically eat all they want and poop it out? The truth is a lot of people have horrible issues after the surgery—the thing that is their reason for living has been taken away. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"I'm going to prove you wrong and make you proud, you'll see!" Honey. You're not doing Dr. Now a favor. Get over yourself. 

Oh noes! She's "forced" to go on a diet while in the hospital. Guys. Is she spectacularly obtuse or just dumb? Discuss. 

Pepper, I commented earlier that she might just be dumb enough to follow his instructions without over-thinking. But she's apparently not THAT dumb.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Dr. Now ruined the surprise by outing Lola as the therapist.  What about the script, Dr. Now?  There was supposed to be a pregnant pause, the the great reveal...

Perhaps I shoudn't have said pregnant...we still don't know if she is with child!! 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, cmpbl said:

Do people really buy a car without seeing it and test driving it? I would never buy one like that.

Last summer I bought a slightly better version of the same make/model of car I've been driving since 2002 (this is my fourth) and I still test-drove it.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 1

I don't know. She's an annoying idiot, but when you get pregnant at 13 and your mother tells you to drop out of 9th grade and get a job, that's pretty harsh. I feel sorry for her.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, gardendiva said:

I bet the medical staff at St. Joseph is irritated at Dr. Now and how his show is bringing all these high maintenance patients into the hospital that they have to deal with. 

I’m sure they appreciate the dollar dollar bills.

1 minute ago, gardendiva said:

I bet the medical staff at St. Joseph is irritated at Dr. Now and how his show is bringing all these high maintenance patients into the hospital that they have to deal with. 

I doubt it.  A patient is a patient is a patient.  And I can think of a few types who are far more annoying.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

yes. heh

• Love 1
1 minute ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Did Dr. Now just say Lola ..A dual baby voice therapy session..get that pen and paper ready LaShanta. daddy issues...

You know the producers are rubbing their hands with glee over the prospect of LaShanta and Lola together.  A reality TV dream come true.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Any day now said:

I kinda hoped mama would go with her.

I did, too, but I guess if mama didn't go on the first initial visit there was no way she would move to Houston with her.  Mama seems to have given up on her. 

This woman continues to act like a 10 year old trying to talk her way out of trouble.  (Apologies to many 10 year olds who are more mature acting than Lashanta or however the hell she spells it.)  Her excuses are stressing me so I must emotionally eat a few grapes.

I hate the Haribo gold bear ad.  Hate, hate, hate.

I can't see her sticking to any diet on her own.  Hope I am wrong, but I really doubt it.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Deevee45 said:

I always wonder what they think will happen with weight loss surgery... do they think they can magically eat all they want and poop it out? The truth is a lot of people have horrible issues after the surgery—the thing that is their reason for living has been taken away. 

Not only the psychological issues, but the years of skin surgery, unforeseeable outcomes, pain... We've seen really big people on TV for a number of years now - how do obesees not think that the surgery is just the start and that there is a very, very long road in front of them. Even people who lose 200 lbs have skin issues.

• Love 1