Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Jeanne's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Reminder: Please do not discuss politics via topic of disability/Medicare & "stealing from the public". Only address issues related to people on the show, not everyone in a given group.  Let's veer away from assumptions that head us down that slope. 

• Start Topic

Okay, disregard (if you can) the cigarettes, the enormous sugar sodas, the hostility, the pained perma-face, the "I hate people," the sore on the leg, her jaw-dropping poundage. What I can't deal with: she doesn't wear underwear. I'm not talking about a bra, which is often optional (well, not in her case) but, you know, pantieeeees. No one has any business going commando; especially if you can't....wipe.....yourself. (Had to take a deep breath, there.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 20
3 minutes ago, AnnaBanana said:

Huh, I must be truly abnormal....I have PCOS and weigh 155. I’m sure it has nothing to do with what I eat and my activity level.   Nah, I’m just a freak of nature.   (Note even more sarcasm)

Well apparently you suck at having PCOS - you don’t know how to do it at all LOL (extra extra sarcasm)

PS with no sarcasm - I’m sorry you have to deal with PCOS

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, Dr. Now was a big old unfair meanie. She's another one who turns on the waterworks when things get down to the nitty gritty. She acts like a 13 year old. 

My 7 year-old daughter is more mature than her.  Come to think of it, she's more mature than a lot of the people on this show.  

5 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

Love his response to their lies!  Glad I am not eating seeing this.

And now the blood...I may just give up on the salad and go for the wine.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

I was a nurse in a hospital and we had a 600 plus pound patient come in once and his mother used to hike in with  four grocery size bags of food for him everyday. Food she prepared and cooked for him at home. He died.

That's sad. I still make food for my grown son and I'm not above bringing him something if he were in the hospital, but good Lord. I hope I'd see the difference between bringing a nice meal and enabling a 600 lb person to kill themselves.

What -- feces???  Stop. Just stop.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

Dr. Now was mean to me.😭

Is that on the bingo card? 

4 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

That thing on her leg was approaching James K levels of nastiness.  

And I'm sick of people going to Dr. Now and saying "I need you to help me," or "I need you to give me the tools I need to get healthy."  Honey, HE IS HELPING YOU.  You will never have a better opportunity than the one you are getting right now.  But you have to make the choice to stop eating so much.  The tools are in your hands, not his.

aaaaaaand, scene. Exactly. 

She actually expected a hospital stay to be a pleasant experience? She didn't expect to be put on the diet right away? Did she think they'd maybe talk about it for awhile first, over pizza, soda, fried chicken and an orange? 

• LOL 14
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

She wasn’t expecting an abrupt diet?

I don’t understand her surprise. I mean, by the tale she told, it’s all skinless chicken breasts and steamed veggies on the menu at home. This should be a walk in the park for her. /sarcasm *off*

Edited by MrsRopersCaftan
Brain/finger connection shorted out mid thought
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4

I have an orange!! ha ha ha ha ha!!!! 1/2 diet half regular twice a week, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha OMG chicken without the skin ha ha ha ha ha 

whoever called it she snacks on grapes was right! except its an ORANGE!!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

NOW: stop lying...are really telling me only the health food you eat?!  You don't eat the healthy stuff..lyin' ass.. I am willing to bet you don't have one healthy thing in that filthy house of yours.

Blank stares...

It's boneless, skinless chicken...it's just dipped in an inch-thick layer of breading and fried and slathered in fatty, sugary sauce. See? Health food.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Lizz said:

She just had no idea that Dr Now would put her on a controlled diet in the hospital!  

Dr now better get his poop in a group. Nobody told her she’d have to diet when she got in the hospital.......said what famous alum?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, epc said:

Yeah, she wants to get out of the hospital and back home where she's doesn't have to follow the 1200 calorie diet anymore.

And go back to letting feces collect in her open sores.   Soap and water guess because she can't eat these she's not interested in this

• Love 2

Leg could be in serious danger of amputation if she has diabetes.  

On a positive note, she would lose probably 50 pounds if she did lose the leg.  

I'll go sit on the bus bound for hell right now.

• LOL 10
  • Love 12

How embarrassing the a doctor is underscoring her lack of hygiene.  Let this marinate...he recounted to us that she is not being washed and has FECES on her skin...

I would have given TLC all of my money, kids money and pledged my nonexistent grandchildren's money to get them to trash this episode.  HOLY SHIT!!!  I can't...

• Love 12
Just now, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

So I am attempting to walk on the treadmill while watching the show. I’m using the talk to text function on my iPad. So if anything comes through very wonky, that’s why.

Hmm, something about this show made you think more exercise would be good.  I wonder what could do that . . . . . <PPAL starts doing jumping jacks>. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 7