Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Jeanne's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Reminder: Please do not discuss politics via topic of disability/Medicare & "stealing from the public". Only address issues related to people on the show, not everyone in a given group.  Let's veer away from assumptions that head us down that slope. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

This tragedy is the excuse she needs to gorge for the next ten years...not that she would last that long.  I do understand their reactions though.  It's so shocking it's hard to process, like Jeanne said.  She's right about that.  My husband passed away while we were in vacation 6 yrs ago... I found him dead in the car when I came out from a store after I ran in to pick up a few things.  Like Jeanne and her mom, I was stuck  alone many hours from home.  I was a zombie for days.   

I'm so sorry that happened to you, I can't imagine.  Sending you virtual <hughs> 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Midnightblue said:

I think I figured it out. They have a script where the people are allowed to fill in certain words, from a set of choices. Kind of like Mad Libs. "It makes me feel so (sad, depressed, useless, awful) when it happens." "And then when I was _____ years old, I got up to ________ pounds." "I am (terrified, nervous, scared, worried) that Dr. Now won't see me. " "I don't know how I am going to handle ---------- because my (legs, back, knees, hips ) will hurt so much." 

I have always thought that the VO is from the same script company that writes hallmark movies.  Choose from a couple of script choices.  The script has a few blanks.  There is a drop down box for the blanks.   Easey peasy.  Done in about an hour.

• Love 10

One of them is going to trip and fall over the garbage in the house, and the other one isn't going to be able to get her up and they're both going to die

What a mess .... this was a disturbing one for sure,  but I did enjoy my time with you pounders 

See you next week!

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Oh My. said:

I guess we all grieve differently.  I was at 139 and went down to 130 in less than 10 days, and I am 5’9”.   Eating was the absolute last thing on my mind when my dad died.  That being sad, my sister hasn’t been able to stop eating.  It is wild how people grieve in completely ways.

When my husband died I lost 15 pounds in under 3 weeks - I could not eat. Then one day I tucked into an apple pie and ate like I had a show on TLC for a month and gained 20 pounds. Grief is so weird. 

This episode is so damn depressing I need to find a kitten to cuddle. The outlook is just not good on so many levels. 

Edited by Stiggs
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, CringeWatcher said:

Small voice: I say it sometimes. 

Smaller voice: so do I. And my chocolate lab knows what that means. 

“Stop looking for squirrels and GO POTTY!”

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

Well, that was depressing. My house is a mess (not helped by having been sick last weekend) but at least I don't have cobwebs draped across my walls. Gonna go do some dishes and head to bed. Night, all!

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, CalpurniaF said:

They need some sort of social services help.

They need local medical or family to intervene.  After hospital discharge, the Houston hospital would be involved.  But they can only do what insurance allows.  

• Love 3

Wow,  I just got home as the mom was coming out of surgery so I was a bit lost already as I thought the show was going to be about the daughter getting surgery, and the next thing I knew they were calling for a welfare check and the father/husband was dead. 

My dad died unexpectedly 38 years ago;  I didn't eat for 3 or 4 days, and in the following couple of weeks I lost about 15 pounds that I didn't need to lose.

I like that Dr Now arranged for transportation back for the funeral.

Normally, I might snark about the condition of the house, but I just can't bring myself to do it tonight, and since it is Lent I probably should limit my snarkish nature anyway.

I do want to ask about the dogs?  I guessed they would have 2 or 3 dogs when they asked the police about the dogs, but when they went in it looked like there were at least a half dozen fairly large dogs, and I couldn't decide if it was really that many or if I kept seeing the same dogs over and over.

It looked like there was just a lot of paper on the floor; it seemed like it would be easy to pick paper off the floor.  Or was it something else?   I am staring at 2 napkins that have fallen on the floor under the  breakfast room table where I can't reach them.  I think I will go get the broom....

• Love 4

Okay, here is my eating habit for today.  Dr Now would be horrified, but I did record everything.

Breakfast was cheese omelet and 2 slices bacon.

We stopped at a deli for lunch after going to the dentist for our 6 month check up.  Neither of us had cavities, which I was concerned about as I had gone thru a lot of cough drops in Dec and Jan.   Dentist advised me to get the sugarless ones next time.

Mr. Twopper had a reuben, chips, and Dr Pepper.  I had a hamburger, fries, and coke.  I drank half the coke, ate 2/3s of the burger (no mayo on it, just a lot of ketchup) and about half of the fries.  Had a small complimentary chocolate ice cream cone.

Supper was supposed to be salad and a chicken dish tonight at our parish.  I am allergic to almonds (in the chicken dish) and dislike pecans (in both the salad and the dessert) so I really picked at the food.  Someone gave me 8 Hershey's kisses which I ate for dessert when I got home. 

Total calories 1920 which will not cause me to gain weight.

I guess I will go back to page one, and read everyone's comments.  Good night until next time, if there is a next time.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Concerned said:

This is a family of bottom dwellers. They don’t even seem like people who could be alive in 2019.

I had a similar thought.  It's hard to believe that people like this exist in this day and age. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I can’t remember if I’ve seen a 600 lb life with an active smoker. Does Dr. Now take patients who smoke?

I do remember a woman who smoked and he made it a condition that she stop but I don’t remember if she actually made it. I remember she had an overbearing mother. 

• Love 2

I just turned it on and I hate her. Accept an ounce of responsibility and stop being a brat. 

Btw: my eating habit is bulgogi chicken, asparagus, red onion and rice. 

Edited by pookymama
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Okay, I like Judy Greer but god this commercial was old the first time I saw it.

Can’t lie - I love it because it reminds me of me when I travel alone - except the low cut red dress lol

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Concerned said:

The nurse coming in to dress the wound on the 700 pound lady’s leg and clean the blood and feces reminds me why I didn’t pursue that profession.

OMG The nurses are saints!

• Love 5

Haven't watched the episode yet, as we are on vacation.  Just to make you all jealous, my eating habit during the show was based on the menu at Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen in Las Vegas:

Scallops on some kind of yummy white smeary thing, with a reduction of some sort

Beef Wellington with root vegetables

Sticky Toffee Pudding

A couple of bites of hubby's birthday dessert treat - some kind of pineapple sherbet thing that was served with dry ice flowing off the bowl.  It was amazing!

Don't know how many calories it was.  Don't care.  Hubby is only going to turn 78 once!!!

• Love 15

Before y'all's poor hygene kills you.

That is the first time being nasty and filthy was actually life-threatening.

8 minutes ago, mysticalflute said:

Okay! I've only seen about 30 minutes of this episode and I know I'm not going to be sleeping tonight (it's 1:30 in the morning. This was a bad plan).

I'll stay up with you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

As if I was nauseated enough I have to see the Buddy and Whitney kiss commercial

Whit's no great bather, herself.  And I'm not sure if she's shampooed this season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2