Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Jeanne's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Reminder: Please do not discuss politics via topic of disability/Medicare & "stealing from the public". Only address issues related to people on the show, not everyone in a given group.  Let's veer away from assumptions that head us down that slope. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

When your child starts eating huge amounts of food, shouldn't there be some type of conversation as to why?

Exactly! If I, as a six year old, was eating all the food in the house, someone would have noticed. 

Just now, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Her grandmother made her smoke cigarettes as punishment??? As a former smoker, I can attest to the fact that smokers really don’t like giving away their cigarettes so I have a hard time believing that happened.

Usually people smoke to lose weight. I'd gained quite a bit of weight when I was 18. I started smoking at 19 and it came off like lightning. 

• Love 8
Just now, Julyolo said:

Oh a celebrity father! Jethro Tull.

Naw. I met Ian Anderson in the parking lot of a Holiday Inn (long story). Doesn't look anything like him at all, then or now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I am kind of a germaphobe... just watching this gives me the creeps, and I separated from her house by my tv screen and feel like I need to call Lola to make an appointment!!!😂

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

How on earth is she gonna get to Houston at all, and how could they ever move there?  She's basically a giant blob that Mom and Dad are shoveling food in front of all day long.  It's almost as though she's paralyzed.  This is the stuff of  nightmares.  

• Love 15

What up, Pounders?!  My eating habit tonight is a salad, and possible some chardonnay to wash it down.  I only saw a bit of the tragic backstory.  These seem like very sad people.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Naw. I met Ian Anderson in the parking lot of a Holiday Inn (long story). Doesn't look anything like him at all, then or now.

Sorry. Meant the guy on the cover of Aqua Lung.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

From the pantry, apparently. I was never allowed to eat. I was beaten for eating. I never ate. I was the opposite of her. I didn't weigh 100 lbs when I was 13.

I was the opposite.  My mother controlled every ounce of food I ate and by 5, I was heavy despite being a kid who was very active.  The doctor put my on a diet and to this day, 61 years later, my mother criticizes my weight.  Grrrrr.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Azubah said:

Did Mom have anything to say about Dad moving back in?

Looks like poor mom doesn't have anything to say about anything. She wipes her daughter's ass, washes and powders her folds, and constantly shuttles her a never ending stream of food. Maybe having dad there gives her the occasional break. 

1 minute ago, cmpbl said:

They are still eating 🙄😳

Every time I glance up from typing and reading, there's Jeanne, shoving something down her maw. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Her grandmother made her smoke cigarettes as punishment??? As a former smoker, I can attest to the fact that smokers really don’t like giving away their cigarettes so I have a hard time believing that happened.

I dunno if it's truth or not but a friend of mine had a babysitter who would make her and her baby sister eat hot peppers and then laugh watching them gag, choke, scream and she wouldn't let them spit it out.

When she told her parents they accused her of lying and told her to stop it.  😖

1 minute ago, Hellga said:

This is my Mom's first time watching and she is in shock already.

Maybe not the best episode to start with. Show her the guy from a few weeks ago after to cleanse the palate?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Oh yeah. This is so sad, people.

I've been inside all day - Crazy Colorado March Blizzard™ started howling at 9:30 am and isn't quite finished. I'm safe and fine, but man do I NOT need so much sadness coming out of my TV.

The only reason I'll hang in is, all you lovely Live Chat peeps. Snark on!

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, aliya said:

Used to go to Madison Square Garden every year in the late 70's to see Jethro Tull.... contributed to my hearing loss and tinnitus!   Ian was great showman, standing there on one foot playing flute!  Happy times!!!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

This is my Mom's first time watching and she is in shock already.

My husband pretends to be single Wednesday 8-10 EST. They can start an online support group.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

I've been on a lifestyle change since January, trying to eat cleaner, eliminate refined starches and sugars, cook all my food at home instead of eating out. Today was the first day I ate something completely off the diet - McDonalds bacon egg and cheese biscuit. I thought it tasted sooo good. But after seeing Jeanne stuff huge bites of food into her mouth for the last 15 minutes, I'm back on the diet, for sure. Wow that was unrelenting - breakfast, cheeseburgers, bottomless fries, pizza, cupcakes. Gah!

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I think I figured it out. They have a script where the people are allowed to fill in certain words, from a set of choices. Kind of like Mad Libs. "It makes me feel so (sad, depressed, useless, awful) when it happens." "And then when I was _____ years old, I got up to ________ pounds." "I am (terrified, nervous, scared, worried) that Dr. Now won't see me. " "I don't know how I am going to handle ---------- because my (legs, back, knees, hips ) will hurt so much." 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 18