Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: Kody's Shocking Move

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

was anybody else surprised that it's been 8 years since they moved to LV?  I was stunned that I have been watching that long, where does the time go.  In truth, if/when they cancel this show I will miss it because I like to see how their lives evolve.  It's such a bizarre situation to me that even though it is humdrum stuff, I'm still interested.  Although, the first 2 (?) seasons were even more fascinating since they were in the same house.  They should do that again if they want to remain on TV.

I don't think the wives get along THAT well, to make it work.  Robyn and her demands on Kody's time and resources would wear thin after awhile.  This is a prime example of what I was talking about - Robyn is the fourth wife and yet has that first wife status thing people mention.

• Love 5

You know, for a long time I thought that the ladies would really tear each other apart if they lived in the same house, but, they seemed to really be getting along on that trip.  It seemed like they were really getting along, laughing, kidding, and just being pleasant.  Where did that come from?

And I wish that Janelle could figure out how to be nice and pleasant lunch partner.  I don't see why that's so difficult.  Well.....maybe, if Meri is acting all weird, but, there are ways to handle that.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I don't think the wives get along THAT well, to make it work.  Robyn and her demands on Kody's time and resources would wear thin after awhile.  This is a prime example of what I was talking about - Robyn is the fourth wife and yet has that first wife status thing people mention.

that's even better...it would be riveting!

• Love 5
17 hours ago, deirdra said:

4007 Wild Eagle Circle shows the major road behind 4007 and aerial shots of the whole Cult de Sac, including ugly oil stains on the concrete driveways from the various derelict vehicles

So they have moved to Flagstaff and the homes aren't sold??? Have any of them sold? 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Didn't Kody accidentally blurt out that he loved Meri when she was on his side and they all oohed and aahed over that?  To be honest, I did like to see that. 

Yes, but, I think it was because she was agreeing with him on some point.  Or, he thought she was agreeing.  It was like she was grateful to get that bone though. ..........

Let me be clear....I'm talking about the bone being a metaphor for attention.  Not a real bone....if you know what I mean. lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Didn't Kody accidentally blurt out that he loved Meri when she was on his side and they all oohed and aahed over that?  To be honest, I did like to see that. 

I doubt that was an accident.  She just said at long last, exactly what HE wanted to hear.  Otherwise he'd probably still be sitting there, head down, being all pensively pouty as he played with his eraser pen.  He's such a POS.  He makes my skin crawl with his wormy, greasy hair, his slimy pee-wiener and his delusions of grandeur in the Utah political arena.  Gag. 

Those women and their choice of hats gave me the shudders and I LIKE hats.  I just like them to compliment a woman, not make her look like she forgot to finish dressing.  Why Robin picked the butt-ugliest hat out of the bunch is beyond me.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Kody's presentation was the typical grifter move. It all looks so nice and pretty on a white board, with numbers that make everyone squee. But in reality their homes are not selling, they are now listed at a price where they can't afford the property they already bought with magical fairy money, and they are hemorrhaging money at a faster rate than if they had stayed put. Why does Kody insist they "move on to their next chapter"? I guess that is code-words for "we have to get ahead of our failing grift here and move to a new town". Why they chose an expensive place like Flag is a mystery. This current grift will fail quicker than the last.

The Fambly has moved in and out of Utah numerous times over the past 25+ years. They are known polygamists and plyg activists. They have never been arrested. They were investigated at the beginning of the show ten years ago and that investigation was closed without charges. If Utah wanted to arrest Kody for polygamy (which they don't do), they would have done it. 

• Love 20
25 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Kody's presentation was the typical grifter move. It all looks so nice and pretty on a white board, with numbers that make everyone squee. But in reality their homes are not selling, they are now listed at a price where they can't afford the property they already bought with magical fairy money, and they are hemorrhaging money at a faster rate than if they had stayed put. Why does Kody insist they "move on to their next chapter"? I guess that is code-words for "we have to get ahead of our failing grift here and move to a new town". Why they chose an expensive place like Flag is a mystery. This current grift will fail quicker than the last.

The Fambly has moved in and out of Utah numerous times over the past 25+ years. They are known polygamists and plyg activists. They have never been arrested. They were investigated at the beginning of the show ten years ago and that investigation was closed without charges. If Utah wanted to arrest Kody for polygamy (which they don't do), they would have done it. 

Does anyone know just how many times the family has moved since Kody and Meri have been married? I know they lived in Wyoming before Utah.

2 hours ago, Punkadoo said:

Cody and Robin: proudly says he can basically tell you how many times a day each kid takes a shit. Robin gets to crow in front of the wives about how in her experience Cody is a fully engaged father and is in fact so involved that the Ari eats better for him, prefers him. STFU Robin, that was intentional and that was mean. I know that she is not blind to how it goes for the rest of the wives. 

Robyn could teach a Master's level university course on The Art of the Passive-Aggressive Dig.  Honestly, this woman is a professional.  I can't say that I've seen anything like her in all my years of guilty-pleasure bad reality tv watching.  She is both revolting and strangely fascinating.  And if her chin gets any larger, it's going to curve upwards and touch her nose. 

1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Robin has her niece there full time taking care of her kids, why does Kody have to take care of Sol?

I think you mean "King Sol."  Because that's who Kody WANTS to take care of.  Did anyone catch Janelle talking about how her kids left at home were 13 and 16 and Kody kind of suggested that his presence wasn't needed at her house while she was gone?  I mean, no - Janelle's kids aren't toddlers but Janelle seemed to suggest that it was no big dill if Kody didn't make his presence known for her kids, what with him being so busy counting the sh!ts that Sol and Araibelliola take on a daily basis.  

1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

I wholeheartedly believe that Kody is going to start sniffing around Meri again.  With Meri doing things independently of Kody, I think that's going to ruffles his man-feathers and he's going to want to bring her back into the fold (ew, but you know what I mean).  Plus Skinny Wifey's looks are quickly going by the wayside and I doubt that she's going to birth him any more babies.  It wouldn't surprise me that the more elusive Meri becomes, the more Kody's going to want her back.  Just a hunch.

19 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Does anyone know just how many times the family has moved since Kody and Meri have been married? I know they lived in Wyoming before Utah.

Well, let's see...based on what we heard last night...Montana to Wyoming to Utah to Montana back to Wyoming to Utah to Montana to Idaho back to Wyoming then Utah then Wyoming then Utah then Nevada.  I'm guessing but it sounded like they've moved more than a dozen times.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

My guess is that he freaked out about the possibility of the TLC gravy train leaving the station (getting stuck with four huge mortgages) and if rumors are true, having to beg the network for another season at a reduced rate. 

In the past 3 years they've really had only 2 yrs worth of shows, so that has probably reduced the size of their gravy train and ability to cover one credit card with another.  And whatever pyramid scheme Kootie and longtime friend "Brian" cooked up and liquidated didn't produce the 10s of thousands Kootie assumed he was getting.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Julia67 said:

So they have moved to Flagstaff and the homes aren't sold??? Have any of them sold? 

One of them (Robyn's) has been taken off the market - this could be just for another price drop, or it could be under offer.  Janelle's has been on the market for over 132 days (she took it off the market a couple of times to drop the price).  They must be paying over $10,000/mo to cover the mortgages, property taxes, minimal HVAC, water for these empty houses.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, zenme said:

Then Kody needs to say that. He needs to say that for financial reasons, we need to move. I thought our financial situation would have been different 7 yrs after we purchased these houses, but it’s not, and in order for our family to stay afloat, this is what we need to do. He doesn’t say that. 

Of course he doesn't say that. Lies lies lies. This is all for the camera, this selling when equity is high. Word has it there's a balloon payment coming up and they can't make it. The wives are probably aware of this, but no way are they going to say that. Instead let's spin it to Cody made a wise investment in Vegas and now's the time to sell. And oh, he wants to run for office in Utah, but they move to Az? 

"I will lead" and "we will all go" Fuck you Cody. God he's just such a self absorbed megalomaniac. This has all been decided between Cody and Robin. Nobody else's kids matter imo.

Janelle "it's hard for the first 5, no 10, no 20 years" why would you stay in a situation that's still not working after 20 years? I agree marriage is always work, but from all the plyg shows I've watched and books I've read, the only happy one is the husband who gets variety in the bedroom, and gets to show off how many kids he's fathered (not taken care of, just fathered)

Edited by Lady of nod
  • Love 15
18 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Even if the market was sky-high, why sell and move if their life is good there? You live where you are happy and kids are flourishing. This storyline makes no sense. 

Except that they need to get out from under the houses NOW.

I looked online comparing housing costs etc in Vegas vs Flagstaff - it was about equal costs maybe slightly cheaper overall ie 1%  less in Vegas.  I don't get his fiscal plan but I do know the costs alone for moving especially when real estate is involved is pretty high having done it myself recently.....there's a lot to figure out financially.  It's different if your reasons for moving are different like when they moved to Vegas from Utah (maybe?)  Later when the wives were discussing all of the moves they have made over the years, all because of Kody, I think he must have some moving bug or something.  It is very unfair to the wives and kids.  But that's how Kody rolls and they let him roll right over all of them.  

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, deirdra said:

In the past 3 years they've really had only 2 yrs worth of shows, so that has probably reduced the size of their gravy train and ability to cover one credit card with another.  And whatever pyramid scheme Kootie and longtime friend "Brian" cooked up and liquidated didn't produce the 10s of thousands Kootie assumed he was getting.

Do any of these people on this show have real jobs?  Do any of the kids work?  I sure hope the IRS keeps a good watch on them!

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, deirdra said:

One of them (Robyn's) has been taken off the market - this could be just for another price drop, or it could be under offer.  Janelle's has been on the market for over 132 days (she took it off the market a couple of times to drop the price).  They must be paying over $10,000/mo to cover the mortgages, property taxes, minimal HVAC, water for these empty houses.

Karma is one nasty bitch.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

If I were one of wives, I would go full on Meri and demand a house just like Robyn's.  And I would demand a wet bar.  I know it would fall in deaf ears but a girl can dream.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I thought the hats were fun, too.

I wonder what's up with Kody's love affair with his hair. It's like he just can't grow up - he has to keep the hair style he had when he was 20.  He should just buzz his head, it would be an improvement.  He is so clueless as to how awful that man bun makes him look.

His arrested development only becomes more apparent over the years. He is stunted and keeps his wives shifting so he doesn't have to grow up.

One side benefit to all the moving, they never really have to discuss their relationship problems. Between finding the homes, packing unpacking, nobody has time to dig deep into the real issues. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

You know, for a long time I thought that the ladies would really tear each other apart if they lived in the same house, but, they seemed to really be getting along on that trip.  It seemed like they were really getting along, laughing, kidding, and just being pleasant.  Where did that come from?

And I wish that Janelle could figure out how to be nice and pleasant lunch partner.  I don't see why that's so difficult.  Well.....maybe, if Meri is acting all weird, but, there are ways to handle that.  

They seem to get along when not around Kody. They don't have to appease him or bow down to him. I think they'd at least be friends if it weren't for him. He is an emotional vampire that sucks the life out of the room. Even when they are on the couch with him, they interact differently with each other. 

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, endure said:

Do any of these people on this show have real jobs?  Do any of the kids work?  I sure hope the IRS keeps a good watch on them!

Well we know Mykelti works at a bank... and I'm pretty sure Logan has a job.  There's a couple in the military, right? So they'll probably continue on with that.  Maddie and Caleb are in school - Maddie is or was doing LLR so while it's not a traditional job.. its at least something. And I would be kind of shocked if Caleb wasn't working. Mariah probably does not have a job because in between her classes she's too busy taking pictures at trendy coffee shops and eating her avocado toast. Oh and going to spinning classes.

Honestly I thought it was nice to hear that Kody expects all of his kids to go to college. In some of these other larger families that are just interested in getting their kids married off... even though they probably aren't as religious as they used to be, it's nice to hear that education is expected. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Clearly, you missed Page One of Kody's Kinkos Presentation - (paraphrasing) "If we move, we ALL move and stay together because I am your LEADER!!"

How could I forget?  More of his quoting the Q Anon slogan "Where We Go One, We Go All" (I know this from all of the blow up around Roseanne and her ensuing drama).  It really doesn't make him seem less creepy or cultish when he's repeatedly quoting Q Anon stuff on the show like it's just a normal phrase he thought up and uses, word for freaking word, over and over again.

5 hours ago, albarino said:

Speculation here is that he does have a real reason to move (mortgage payments).  Kids move with their parents all the time; usually they don't get a vote.  When we lived in Spain, our daughter went to school with State Dept kids who generally moved every three years to different countries and one of her friends had a dad who designed and built amusement parks.  I think they left for China.  Going from LV to Flagstaff hardly seems traumatic compared to those moves.

Kody caring for his kids?  I would say that having 4 wives and a gazillion kids sorta speaks for itself..

I am a kid who moved a lot.  I didn't have a problem with it most of the time, until I did.  I get that it happens, and I get why people have to move.  Hell, as an adult, I've continued to move relatively frequently and we haven't lived near any of our relatives for the last 18 years of our marriage.  But, the reasons that we moved were because there were jobs that we were taking, or when I was a kid, it was either because of a job, or perhaps due to housing, and the ability to find a much better home in a better school district, etc.  All of those are reasonable things that make sense.

The issue I have with this move is that it basically was set up to fail from the start.  Moving from Utah to Vegas, it was always a sort of sketchy thing.  I don't think they were really in danger of being arrested, but, sure, fine, I can buy that they did and it was a needed move.  No problem.  That completely uprooted the lives of their kids, and that was totally plain for anyone to see.  So, then they bought the houses, which they also really couldn't afford.  That was obvious then, I remember the shows where they talked about not knowing if they'd pass the credit checks, if they'd qualify for the mortgages, etc.  No one was willing to compromise, they HAD to have the best of the best, and so they ended up with what they got, houses they couldn't actually afford for the long term.  They knew this when they bought them, they had a balloon payment coming due, and unless there was a major change, they weren't going to be able to pay it.  Now, knowing what they'd done to the kids already, I can't get behind them doing that sort of damage again, just because they didn't want to make different choices or compromise on what they wanted at the time they bought the houses.

Think about it, what if they'd built an apartment complex instead?  They could have modified several units so that each wife could have one for their own family, but still had space to rent to other people, it would have given them shelter as well as a business to run.  They'd have been producing an income to help cover the bills for their own housing.  

3 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Yes, I saw an interview with Robyn where she said Dayton has Aspergers

Given the way that they've treated the daughter with scoliosis, I'm kind of shocked they've actually had him diagnosed and that they are entertaining Robyn being near him for college.  It seems more like their way of thinking that they'd have said, Oh here's some essential oils, he'll be fine! and left it at that.  

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, smores said:

Given the way that they've treated the daughter with scoliosis, I'm kind of shocked they've actually had him diagnosed and that they are entertaining Robyn being near him for college.  It seems more like their way of thinking that they'd have said, Oh here's some essential oils, he'll be fine! and left it at that.  

Don't be silly!  ROBYN'S child!!  Ysabel doesn't matter - she's not Robyn's!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

yea, that was a great "investment" Cody

• LOL 4

First, I was absolutely fascinated by Kody's ever-changing head and facial hair in this episode. It's curly, it's frizzy, he's got almost a fu-manchu thing going - it was hilariously distracting.

Second, I really liked how the wives seemed to get along so well throughout the entire episode. They seemed really at ease and like they were truly having fun.

Third, Hannah is an interesting person, and I loved her hat shop. I wasn't crazy about every hat, but some of them were lovely - there were a couple in the background that I really liked, and I think the ones the wives picked for the wedding were nice. Not crazy about every one they wore to lunch, but what the hey. 

Also, and sorry if this has been mentioned since I haven't read all of the comments yet, but did anyone recognize the hat Meri wore to lunch? I swear we saw a picture of her on social media wearing it, and someone commented that it reminded them of head bandages on soldiers during the Civil War!

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, smores said:

He was diagnosed before he came into the family. Kody and Robyn were on the couch and Kody was like "he's doesn't have Aspergers, he's just quirky". Robyn tried saying they had went to drs and had the testing but Kody just talked over her till she shut up about it. 

Godforbid a human doesn't fit into the perfect vision of what Kody sees for humanity. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

When the Brown adults all moved in for the famb'ly prayer/hug, did anyone notice that - although Kody and Meri were next to each other - Kody's hand was stretched out all the way on Robyn's shoulder, thus avoiding touching Meri altogether?  Also, did anyone besides me wonder what that circle must've smelled like?  I'm thinking stale hummus breath, unwashed hair, self-tanner and misery.  

I noticed that too.  He is loathsome and then some.

LOL.  I'd cut his fucking hair off when he's passed out on Robyn's sofa.  It looks like it should burst into flames, but all the while being greasy and stinky.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

THEY AREN'T TRIPLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(gah, what a moroon these people are)

Argh! What the hell was that?

1 hour ago, smores said:

Think about it, what if they'd built an apartment complex instead?  They could have modified several units so that each wife could have one for their own family, but still had space to rent to other people, it would have given them shelter as well as a business to run.  They'd have been producing an income to help cover the bills for their own housing.  

YOU ARE MAKING TOO MUCH SENSE!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

aWow. Kody blames the recent problems ALL on Meri. Shithead.

Well, it was supposed to open up, but I think our mod is a busy gal!

I didn't think he blamed it all on Meri although her catfishing situation and her constant sour attitude for the last few years caused a lot of issues.  He is finally making real comments about her catfishing. He hasit c mentioned a couple of tlimes now that it caused some trust issues within the family and that is true. It did.

20 hours ago, albarino said:

Excuse me, cowboy boot lamp?!?

I'm an Air Force brat and an Air Force retiree.  Cry me a river about the kids.  

They signed up for this lifestyle; this is what happens.  Right or wrong, Kody is their leader, right?

That is exactly true!  They all chose this type of marriage. None of them are being held against their will. They chose this and they chose Kody.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, smores said:

More of his quoting the Q Anon slogan "Where We Go One, We Go All"

Which was stolen from Alexandre Dumas' 1844 The Three Musketeers' "tous pour un, un pour tous" / "all for one, one for all".

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

The cowboy boot lamp reminded me of that leg lamp they feature in that Christmas Story movie! The one that got broken. All I could do was stare behind at that stupid boot all night! It was in Janelles house, right? The house where she has the horses left up on that wall/shelf in her Vegas house which is still for sale. The Southwest theme. By the way, what makes those homes worth $600,000 when 7 years ago they paid around $450,000? Old carpet, appliances, HVAC, roof, paint....the list goes on. They would be lucky to sell them for what they paid if you ask me!

Also, my comment on Kody's hair in the talking heads was it looks better curly and tamed down than all frizzy and thin and straw like when he was doing the white board presentation. That hair was the worst I have ever seen it....even worse than the man bun!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Either that, or Robyn has been withholding the kitty, until he gives her what SHE wants....to get out of Vegas.  And she's been up his ass constantly about it. Good god, she's a piece of work. As ridiculous as Meri can be, I'll never hate her as much as that selfish, manipulative, succubus Robyn. 

This! Robyn is the queen of withholding. It was obvious she withheld getting pregnant with Ari until she was the legal wife, and now she seems to be angling for this move. Wasn’t there just a quote from an interview where Robyn coyly hinted that another baby could be a possibility? Wonder if that’s Kootie’s reward. Not to mention that 7-bedroom million-dollar mansion she’s supposedly holed up in right now. 

I’m not so sure Kody is tired with Robyn. Granted, with my toddler running around I wasn’t paying a lot of attention, but when the wives were arriving for the secret meeting, I looked up just in time to see Kody stupidly grinning away towards the door and thought, “Robyn must be arriving.” Yep. I don’t think his eyes left her until she was fully settled on the couch. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Yes. Almost missed it. Didn't she say something like he has been talking to her about this for a year now. I do think it took Janelle by surprise the most. 

And even moreso, because it's not just that Kody has been talking to Robyn about it for a year...it's that apparently Kody wanted to do the move a year earlier and she put her foot down and said no, and he went along with that.  But it didn't matter at all that the other 3 wives combined don't want to move now.

20 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Is this a Royal wedding with the hats? Meri can be Camilla. 😂

Some of the hats on Meri tried on remind me of the truly awful hats that Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice keep wearing.

21 hours ago, GladysCravits said:

He says it’s about the kids for  him, what a laugh.  

Yeah.  So when the wives were away, what did Koodoofus plan to do with his time?  Get things done, NOT spend time with his kids.

19 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

Right, and Janelle later says the first 10-20 years of plural marriage are not great. What ?!?! 20 years ?? Why the H would anyone stay in that ??

It was even better how Janelle said it, something like, "If someone asked me if they should live plural marriage, I would say yes.  Sure, the first 5, 10, maybe 20 years might not be that great."  Seriously, WTAF.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, deirdra said:

It was also weird that most of the women said they wanted to be Hannah when they grow up.  They are all similar in age, but Hannah never wanted to blindly follow a "leader".

Hannah is a divorced woman who is on her own and confidently doing what she wants.  It is bizarre, sad, weirdly discordant, and at the same time totally understandable why they said they want to be her when they grow up.

17 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Christine seemed at first to get it with her sadness over Gwen running for class historian but then she caved so quickly.....

Am I the only one who thought I heard Christine later say the position was "treasurer"?

17 hours ago, Kyanight said:

It seems as if Kody just can't stay in one place for long.  They have moved SOOO many times through the years, and it looks like they will just keep on moving every few years or so.

I was gobsmacked when they were rifling off all the times they had moved prior to when the show even started.  In all seriousness, it wasn't leadership, it was sickness.  He didn't need to uproot his already contentious marriage situation back then.  So either they've been doing the interest-only mortgage thing for decades, or it is just a genuine sickness on Cody's part.  And if they have been doing the interest-only thing that long, then it's time for them to consider that there are other costs besides financial.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Am I the only one who thought I heard Christine later say the position was "treasurer"?

She did.  When they were talking about it during the living room presentation she said Gwen was running for class historian.  Then at dinner in Seattle she said Gwen won Treasurer.  Honestly, it is a big deal for her to win something like that, which is usually a popularity contest. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Kody's presentation was the typical grifter move. It all looks so nice and pretty on a white board, with numbers that make everyone squee.

I could not get past the concept of him spending their ever-dwindling money on the presentation boards and the handout packets.  He developed the words, so he could have just used a poster and Sharpie, which it appears was done anyway on the last one, and then stapled his own paper copies rather than having them bound.  And they said it didn't even go into any specifics about locations (cost of moving, square foot costs in other locations, schools, housing market specifics in other locations, etc.)...it was just general convincing, which makes it even more of a waste of money. 

3 hours ago, gunderda said:

And I would be kind of shocked if Caleb wasn't working.

IIRC, Caleb was having some fairly serious health issues.

• Love 9

Please tell me we aren't going to have to endure another Brown Compound build, complete with wet bar tears and petty digs about which wife is the least deserving of the largest house.

Edited by ThinkerBell
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Sorry I’m so late. 

Coming up: Aspen’s wedding dress shopping,  Kody putting together a ‘presentation’ for his wives, Janelle refusing to go

Episode recap

Kodester is putting together a business presentation about the family, a “business presentation.” Talking head says Kody has been trying to explain to his wives for the last three years about his desire to move and they treat him like he’s an idiot. Is this season go to be about how every adult in this family has a secret desire that has never been met? Crazy hair flying, he says, “his wives make him feel stupid... like he’s a nut job.” He checks the view of the presentation from every seat at Janelle’s house, then he calls his wives over for a meeting at Janelle’s house. He wants them all to say that he is right. 

The wives come in. Christine and Janelle being the first to arrive. “You’ve gone to all this fancy trouble, “ they flirt while giving him giggly eyes. Robyn and Meri arrive next. They are surprised by the preprinted boards. Kody begins his pitch and he has printouts. “ i’m a capable man, just because I like it when you make my own breakfast doesn’t mean I can’t make my own breakfast”, he mutters. He wants them to all agree. No one says anything. Finally Kody starts his presentation.

He starts with the Utah story, the typical version, that they had to leave because they were threatened by the State of Utah for a felony prosecution. “In that process, our heart’s broke, but we got magic, we got magic back by living here, he concludes. The ladies look at him devotedly,  in rapt attention, esp Robyn who isn’t even blinking. They summarize the whole Utah Prosecution Moving in Terror storyline again, but this time Kody adds the fact that he “picked a fight with them,” and that his lawsuit won. However, a current talking head Kody says that if they go back to Utah, it’s possible that they would be persecuted again. Kody then wraps up saying that he never saw Vegas as a permanent thing, and that he always figured once they had “some businesses, some equity in the homes,” that he wanted to go back. Kody keeps playing with his hair, and it’s obnoxious. What I’m gleaning is that pretty much he wanted to get some clout, money, and attention by being on the show, then go back to Utah to fight for his rights. He admits that they are not a very functional family at times, they tend to react rather than plan. Being affected by the cat fishing incident, Meri buying the house in Parowan, the clan thinking that Meri wanted to leave, Kody admits they aren’t sometimes not united, and that on bad days he struggles with plural marriage. Shocker🙄. The first worry that pops up is about the children. But Kody ends by intoning, where We Go One, We Go All. He keeps repeating  this over and over again through the rest of his speech. I won’t bore you with the minute details, but here is the gist of it. 

Kody wants to go back to Utah, he feels he has been exiled from the state, he wants to go back for his destiny. He wants to run for office and change the Polygamy law. Screw what his wives think, common sense thinks, or his family thinks. He leaves Christine to conclude that they should sell the equity in their homes to come up with money for Kody’s plan. He wants them to be architects in the next phase of life and not firemen/reactors. 

Christine and Janelle are so against it, for the sake of their kids, Gabe and Gwendolyn, who are established  in school enough to run for class treasurer(historian), something. They want to keep the younger kids in school, because how it affected the older kids when the transitioned with no planning to Vegas. Robyn brings up that they would have to have separate homes for a while. Janelle doesn’t want to leave her grandchild, Maddie and Caleb who are now here. Kody says the market can crash any time, hence the urgency. No matter what the ladies bring up in regards to the kids, it doesn’t matter, Kody has his mind made up. Eventually, he is going to lead, to places they may not want to go, but he’s the leader, and that’s why they married him. Another commercial break for chocolate. He does not find Vegas a wonderful place to live. But the ladies worry that they would not have an openly accepting place anywhere else. Robyn brings up Dayton, who needs to be transitioning this year to where they are going to be so he can start settling into his last 2 years of high school prepping for college. But she agrees with Cody ultimately saying the faster they move, the better for the kids, the triplets (all born the same year). Cody emphasizes that it matters like a heart attack, then leads the family to pray. 

The women discuss the meeting during their pre-Seattle meeting to go shopping with Mitch’s mom. The women decide that even though they may not end up in Utah, they are more comfortable settling nearby, then decide on Arizona because they want a more conservative environment. The women discuss their litany of moves in the preceding 20-something years. Clearly over 15 moves between Wyoming, Montana, Utah, and back and forth every few years. The women discuss the fact it’s time for another ‘big move’ per Kody. 

Aspen went to her wedding dress shopping with the Robyn, Janelle, Mitch’s Mom, Hannah, Maddie, her son Axl. Mitch is wearing a kilt and will embrace his Scottish heritage. They are shopping off the rack, and Aspen will get her dress altered. Robyn and Christine eschew the lack of trains at their weddings, and no walking down the aisle. Aspyn had a total Say yes to the dress moment, with 3 different dresses. Mitch wants a more covered up dress in the front. Kody is the one that prefers a more covered up look, it’s not from their church or religion but Kody’s personal preference for his wives to not bare their arms and be more conservative in dress. Another shocker. Aspyn chooses Dress #2 which everyone now says it’s perfect. It’s just a regular princess ball gown strapless dress. 

The ladies are going to Seattle to see Hannah, Mitch’s mom so she can design hats for the wedding. Christine is giving Kody the instructions on the kids while she will ge gone, Kody is not paying attention, he’s on his phone. Mindy will be there too to help him while the women are away. He will be taking care of the kids. All the women get loaded into the car to leave. They are going to have a Segway tour and seem very excited to hit the road. They each have assigned tasks at each house that they give Kody, even Meri, who pointedly has no kids home.

Next scene,  the sisterwives arrive in Seattle, WA and they all go to lunch together. They have a discussion about who has planted their garden for the season while in this limbo land waiting for Kody to make up his mind where they are going. The women acknowledge they are in a limbo. Christine is upset about Gwendolyn who won treasurer for that school year. Christine wants to stay in Vegas for the entire school year, as a single mom, “like an army wife”. Kody says no. Janelle says it’s important  they stay together. She says that she often didn’t make most of the moves initially and would stay behind for a few months to years. She now says in hindsight she regretted staying behind. , Meri says it’s great they can choose where they move to. Janelle considered St. George, Utah, and Robyn agreed that that would be an easy move since she has her parents there. Robyn expresses her frustration that her free agency has been limited (by the anti-polygamy law in Utah), and it feels so un-American. Christine is still confused and not sure what to do. She feels that it’s unfair to stake it all on Gwedolyn, on one girl’s happiness. 

The next morning in Seattle, the ladies arrive at Hannah’s apartment building to look at her hats. Hannah (Mitch’s mom) greets them warmly and asks the wives what kind of hats they like. The women have no clue. Hannah let’s them try various hats and they each pick a style they like. They talk about netting, styles, flowers and colors. Meri finds it hard to choose one. She settles in a fascinator. Each wife chooses a hat. I remember upstream seeing a picture of Aspyn and Mitch’s wedding and the wives did indeed wear the hats.

The four wives and Hannah go to lunch at Paiche. Next Sunday preview: The women have an honest (well as honest as they can be) conversation in their hotel room.  

Back to the show: The women all wear hats and go to lunch with Hannah. They talk about the bridal shower, which Aspyn is planning and Christine is just helping with. The women ooh and aah over Hannah’s fabulous life. Hannah says that the only way to have the life you want is to be an independent woman. She left her husband 20-some years ago and it must have been the when she started the business. Hannah is in the same religion but did not have a polygamous relationship with her husband, she never had  a sister wife. She states she never got along with her siblings and knew she would be a bad siste Wife. My takeaway from that is that polygamy is not mandatory in their church. Hannah has 5 Kids, 2 of who are called into plural marriage. She talked more about her divorce, and her free life. The wives concluded she would make someone, ‘not them’, a good sister wife. 

Meanwhile, back at home, Kody mopes. He has a cookout in the backyard with all the kids at the back of their homes. Kody says over voiceover that it is the season to move and their kids will benefit more from it. 

The women go riding on a Segway. They went downtown Seattle on segways in matching jackets and helmets. Robyn says that the best sister wives their relationships seem very transcendent. Christine says the first 5-10 years of being a sister wife are hard. Meri says she is quite different with her friends than with her sister wives. Christine says that although they are at different places, they know their sister wives will support each other. 

Next time on sister wives: The family starts exploring alternate places to live. Christine and Kody take a trip to Flagstaff, Arizona. One of Janelle’s boys decides that if they move he will ‘run away’”, he cries dejectedly into the camera. 

Edited by Spiderella2
More recap, spelling, punctuation, etc.
  • Love 13

It is humorous to me that in all of this discussion about moving, not one single thing was mentioned ( which is the first thing most of us worry about, or even why we move in the first place)  What are we going to do for work? What about our jobs?

Also, if you are attending your "daughters" wedding and she wants the moms in hats, wear a bleeping hat. Don't be such snooty stick in the muds Robyn Square Chin and Janelle!! Geez what grumps!!  Go ahead and wear the hats when walking around downtown Seattle too. Trust me no one cares and there are stranger things walking around. Lighten up a little, you might actually catch yourself having fun.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

I'm not surprised about Robyn being asked. When Aspyn moved "back home" from school, she moved in with Robyn rather than Christine. I don't know the details WHY (were we even told?), because Robyn's house was a LOT more crowded than Christine's at the time, wasn't it?

I recall Aspyn saying that she wanted to remain more independent than she would have felt if she moved back in with Christine. I don't think it was due to any friction between Aspyn and Christine, just that Christine would naturally want to mother her a bit and Robyn treated her more like an independent adult. I can't remember why Aspyn decided to move home, but I'd guess it was for financial reasons. She was in college at the time.

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

Why Robin picked the butt-ugliest hat out of the bunch is beyond me.  

Because she’s The Supreme like on American Horror Story?

Kody is insane. We get it. But can he at least make an effort to not look like a fucking mad scientist? His long hair on that old face, receding hairline, spastic mannerisms all make him look very crazy pants.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, endure said:

I was just on Meri's Instagram site - she is selling Lularoe? and has set up a website apparently.  I understand that company is having some issues recently but don't know if they are in serious trouble.  I believe it is one of those companies that has individuals promote their product.

On 2/17/2019 at 6:28 PM, suev3333 said:

Pretty soon he's going to be all bald on top and just a tuft of frizz in the back.🤣

I haven't watched in forever but was bored today. He's so full of shit his eyes are brown.

But i managed to get a screenshot of his new 'do.

0212-pepper-2.jpg

• LOL 22
  • Love 1