Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Galloway Cave

S10.E04: Kody's Shocking Move

Recommended Posts

Ok, only now catching up on the most recent ep, so pardon the late remarks.

First up . . . what the FUCK is up with Kody's hair? I've never seen it so many different kinds of wrong all in the same episode. In that first scene with the presentation it was all stringy and I thought maybe it was wilting in the Nevada heat. But then Robyn walked in wearing a coat so apparently it wasn't hot out.

Also, I now need to see Kody attempt to make his own breakfast.

Kody running for office?   HAHAHAHAHA! I want to see that so bad. Also, the show continues just straight up cribbing from the plots on Big Love.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, Rhondinella said:

Also, I now need to see Kody attempt to make his own breakfast.

Actually he is VERY good at making his own breakfast!  He pours the Froot Loops into the cereal bowl... pours some milk on top - Viola!!!   The actual trick is keeping long stringy hairs from falling into the food.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Persnickety1 said:

Sister Persnickety went online and found some site where she could get her little dog certified as an ESA.

Solely so she could get into better hotels that don't allow pets.  

Asshole.

Eh, I'm a heartless bitch.

I'm ready for the hate, but I feel if a person is too emotionally unstable to function without clinging to Rover at their side, they just need to stay home period.  

When as a society did we get so emotionally debilitated that we simply cannot function without a pet to snuggle just to cope?  

And we have assholes like Sister Persnickety and Mykelti and whocareswhathernameis trying to break the rules because they're so entitled.  

I can definitely see the place of animal therapy in hospitals, convalescent homes, and retirement communities.  I'm a huge animal lover and my 13-year-old chihuahua is like a second child to me, so it's not that I don't love animals.  

Maybe I've just been handling disability claims too long and have encountered too many asshats trying to use having an ESA as their excuse to not seek gainful employment.  "I just bear to be without (him/her), I have to have (him/her) with me at all times."  GTFO.  

Or, as above, maybe I'm just a heartless bitch.

I'd have taken great delight in throwing Mykelti and her girlfriend out of there with the quickness.  

One thing I have noticed in the last few years is how many people carry their dogs around grocery stores, fast food places, Target, etc.  I mean - what the heck??  I understand PetSmart and PetCo!  I can't tell you how many times I have stepped over puddles and doodles because these bungholios can't even clean up after poofpoof.   These people aren't even trying to pass the dogs off as service dogs, they just take them everywhere they go - and the employees in the store don't say a word.  Should I carry my cat around the grocery store as I buy fresh produce, meat, etc??  

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/18/2019 at 6:36 AM, laurakaye said:

That presentation, you guys...how on earth all four women kept a straight face, I have no idea because I was LOLing myself right off the couch:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why the Browns have not yet been on ID Discovery with their own very special episode of "Fatal Vows" or "Wives with Knives."  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

One thing I have noticed in the last few years is how many people carry their dogs around grocery stores, fast food places, Target, etc.  I mean - what the heck??  I understand PetSmart and PetCo!  I can't tell you how many times I have stepped over puddles and doodles because these bungholios can't even clean up after poofpoof.   These people aren't even trying to pass the dogs off as service dogs, they just take them everywhere they go - and the employees in the store don't say a word.  Should I carry my cat around the grocery store as I buy fresh produce, meat, etc??  

Oh, a couple of friends of mine who work for Walmart said they're not allowed to question anyone with a pet because of a few customers flipping out on them..."HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ME!!!"   

I'm hardcore.  The only support animals I wholeheartedly support are those for the visually impaired...and I'm not talking nearsighted/farsighted, I'm talking requiring the use of a white tipped cane.  

Mykelti has always given off the stench of entitlement, so I can't say I was surprised she tried to pull off the ESA maneuver.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I recently met a woman who has a "seizure" dog.  The woman has epilepsy, and the dog is specially trained to warn her when a seizure is coming.  This lets the woman get into a safe place or position (like sitting down) in time.  The dog was extremely well behaved and specifically trained to alert in case of seizure.  Having the dog allows her to go out in public, attend concerts, etc.  It was pretty interesting.

I would love to take my kitten shopping or to church with me.  I'm quite sure other people I came in contact with would not be as happy.  I do think there is a real place for therapy dogs, but, I agree, I do not like to see "pets" passed off as well-trained ESA animals.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Sister Persnickety went online and found some site where she could get her little dog certified as an ESA.

Solely so she could get into better hotels that don't allow pets.  

Sludge and Pudge claimed to have twin "psychiatric conditions" - coincidentally at the same time they were flying to wherever the Browns were residing at the time (I've lost track) for Christmas and wanted for the dogs to fly free and also avoid boarding costs in Chicago.  They really got nailed big time, even by their supporters, on their twitting account.  Sludge had to close her down.  Couldn't happen to nicer snowflakes.

Service dogs must perform some sort of actual, well, service.  Owners of comfort and ESA dogs must have documentation of an illness by a physician and the airlines are tightening this up dramatically.  Southwest was nailed in a twit by the twit about her "horrible treatment" and right afterward posted restrictions.  Therapy dogs (I have owned and trained and certified 2) are used for comfort measures in hospitals and nursing homes and serve as Tail Wagging Tutors in library and school reading programs.  Only service dogs have unlimited access as defined by the ADA.

I am a volunteer at a lighthouse and some whiny woman said she just couldn't climb to the top without her comfort dog (carried in a purse, no less) we turned her away.  Enough, already.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/17/2019 at 7:50 PM, Teafortwo said:

Light dawns! Kody and Robyn discussed this, neither of them wanted to stay in Vegas.  The two of them made the decision before the whiteboard "presentation."  The rest of them just had to go along with it.

Yes, she wanted to be in the same town where Dayton went to college. Normally I would consider that diva-like behavior from someone who wanted to continue being the center of her son's world. But, having a somewhat developmentally delayed child myself, one who needs more support and help than most others his age, I can sympathize with what she did. Or at least, I understand there might have been a less than selfish motivation there.

Ok, a little selfish because, let's face it, it's Robyn. But I do think her motivation was partly sincere.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Rhondinella said:

Yes, she wanted to be in the same town where Dayton went to college. Normally I would consider that diva-like behavior from someone who wanted to continue being the center of her son's world. But, having a somewhat developmentally delayed child myself, one who needs more support and help than most others his age, I can sympathize with what she did. Or at least, I understand there might have been a less than selfish motivation there.

Ok, a little selfish because, let's face it, it's Robyn. But I do think her motivation was partly sincere.

Then why not have him try out a community college and see how he does?  Much cheaper and he could live at home.  Well maybe he is living at home now in AZ.

  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/17/2019 at 9:40 PM, smores said:

I think it's a Luke Spencer perm, personally.  But, seriously, it is not 1978, so what the fuck is he wearing on his head?  

I honestly don't get how they moved.  I moved a fair amount as a kid and changed schools several times.  It was always fine, until it suddenly . . . wasn't.  I was in a different school for every year of middle school and it was only a problem with the last move, it's the only one that bothered me.  Once we did the last move, I looked at my parents and said, I am not doing this again, we need to stay here until I graduate. I'm NOT leaving.  In retrospect, I am not sure why I thought I had a choice, really, because if they had opted to move, they weren't the type of parents who would have let me stay at a friend's house until the school year was done, but, they evidently did take what I said into consideration and I finished high school in that town.  I totally get Janelle not wanting to move her kids, and I don't know why the wives can't stand firm against Kody on this.  Or have some sort of compromise.  Sell the houses, but consolidate into 1 rental in the area with the high school aged kids for 2 years.  Maybe Janelle stays up there most of the time and is "mom" so she can also see her grandkid, but the other mom's can come and go.  That lets them maximize the money they get to take (ha!), but they'd also be able to let the kids continue in the situation that is best for them, and honestly, is it that big of a deal if they are apart for a few years?  It wouldn't be fulltime, just the school year and it's only 2 years.  

But, but . . . .where they go one they go all!

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

13 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Then why not have him try out a community college and see how he does?  Much cheaper and he could live at home.  Well maybe he is living at home now in AZ.

Logic would prevail and the Browns certainly do not have that in large supply.  Uproot all the children still living at home plus the three other wives all for the adjustment period, which hopefully should only be two to three months, for one child.  It makes no sense.  Enrolling the child near where mama lives should have been option one.  Robyn taking a suite in a long term hotel type place or short term rental would have made the most sense if he really needed that much support.  A week or two might have been enough.  He does seem high functioning.  It sounds like the made-up adoption story for the divorce.  Kody and/or Robyn wanted to move to Flagstaff and here we have the impractical justification.  

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, neh said:

I think Robyn is sick and if she is, then I hope they are treating her with more than green goop.

I actually thought I saw a goiter in her neck area but then when I saw another scene of her neck I didn't notice it again.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Kyanight said:

You want to wear nothing but a diaper and cowboy boots every day?  Knock yourself out. (They win). (And his twin wore nothing but a diaper and a cowboy hat. )  Bedtime is at _______  - sorry.    This is dinner - either eat it or don't eat it - your choice - but you are going to be hungry by the next meal because you aren't eating junk food in-between. (Not flexible).   You want your hair hanging in your eyes and don't want me to put it up?  Okay. (They win).  We are going to the store and there WON'T be any fits or next time you stay home with _________.     Yes - parenting is ROUGH and HARD at times - but BE the parent.

What a cute little boy.  Are the twins identical?

I wonder if Kody was that interested in his first children by each of the first three wives.   This does remind me a lot of the Duggars where there are a lot of middle children who seem "lost" and the last one seems to be doted on.  I will give the Browns credit for sending their children to college.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I recently met a woman who has a "seizure" dog.  The woman has epilepsy, and the dog is specially trained to warn her when a seizure is coming.  This lets the woman get into a safe place or position (like sitting down) in time.  The dog was extremely well behaved and specifically trained to alert in case of seizure.  Having the dog allows her to go out in public, attend concerts, etc.  It was pretty interesting.

I would love to take my kitten shopping or to church with me.  I'm quite sure other people I came in contact with would not be as happy.  I do think there is a real place for therapy dogs, but, I agree, I do not like to see "pets" passed off as well-trained ESA animals.

There are any number of pets (dogs mostly) who are trained to assist with ailments such as epilepsy and PTSD (especially in veterans).  I have no problem with these animals, as well as guide dogs, because they have been well TRAINED and behave properly.  Their owners are also TRAINED in the responsibility of good ownership and clean up after these animals when necessary.  Emotional support pets on the other hand have no training and no REAL certification other than a certificate you can download from the internet.  These frauds (IMO) make things look bad for the legitimate assist animals and their owners.  As for plane travel, this is often just a way to avoid the $200 the airline will charge to fly the dog.  Remember the lady who wanted to take her 'support peacock' on the plane?

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Regarding Robyn's young children's sleep time.  I guess letting them stay up late really doesn't matter if you don't have a job to get up and go to.  My daughter was in bed no latter than 7 pm most nights.  Getting up at 4:30 and getting ready for work and getting her ready for the sitter and getting to my ride by 6.  That doesn't leave time for late nights.  It also helped that she stopped taking an afternoon nap at the age of 1.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Yes.  Identical mirror image.  One is right-handed and the other is left-handed.  One has hair "sworls" to the right, the other to the left - etc.  Here are my oldest three boys when they were little.  Their brother is a year older.

My Triplets.jpg

Hats off to YOU.  Newborn twins on top of a one year old? WOW. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Hats off to YOU.  Newborn twins on top of a one year old? WOW. 

Welcome to the polygamy way of life.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Apparently Christine got the biggest piece of land with Meri second and Janelle and Robyn getting the two same size pieces of land both smaller than the other two wives.

Of course, this division of land makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  Just what we've come to expect from these morons.

Pass the popcorn when we get to the episode where Meri manages to finagle the second biggest piece of land for her 5-bedroom, 4-bath house with wet bar, walk-in closet and a room specifically designed for her to do her LuLaNo live shows.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Of course, this division of land makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  Just what we've come to expect from these morons.

Pass the popcorn when we get to the episode where Meri manages to finagle the second biggest piece of land for her 5-bedroom, 4-bath house with wet bar, walk-in closet and a room specifically designed for her to do her LuLaNo live shows.

You know, with all the talk about Meri's wet bar, I noticed something. I looked at the photos of the homes on Zillow and, you can immediately tell which is Meri's by the wet bar. And Janelle's (she of the western motif and tacky boot lamp) by the horses above the archway and the big sun on the wall. But, while Meri got her wet bar, the other wives got things that she didn't. The other wives got nice, HUGE covered patios in the back yard, complete with outdoor ceiling fans. Which, living in the desert, has to be a big selling point. Meri doesn't have that. Her back patio is uncovered, in bright sun. You just walk out the door and get a sun burn.  So, I refuse to think that the other wives were somehow  "cheated" by a wet bar.  Yeah, it doesn't explain why she got the same size house as the two wives with six kids at home (at the time they were built), but really, they're all assholes. 

This must be Christine's, since Robyn's supposedly sold, therefore isn't listed? This one is listed at a higher price than Meri or Janelle's. Maybe because of the huge covered patio in back? So, the wet bar didn't exactly give Meri a huge advantage. I'd pick the house with the covered patio, any day. especially in that climate. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Sister Persnickety went online and found some site where she could get her little dog certified as an ESA.

Solely so she could get into better hotels that don't allow pets.  

Asshole.

Eh, I'm a heartless bitch.

I'm ready for the hate, but I feel if a person is too emotionally unstable to function without clinging to Rover at their side, they just need to stay home period.  

When as a society did we get so emotionally debilitated that we simply cannot function without a pet to snuggle just to cope?  

And we have assholes like Sister Persnickety and Mykelti and whocareswhathernameis trying to break the rules because they're so entitled.  

I can definitely see the place of animal therapy in hospitals, convalescent homes, and retirement communities.  I'm a huge animal lover and my 13-year-old chihuahua is like a second child to me, so it's not that I don't love animals.  

Maybe I've just been handling disability claims too long and have encountered too many asshats trying to use having an ESA as their excuse to not seek gainful employment.  "I just can't bear to be without (him/her), I have to have (him/her) with me at all times."  GTFO.  

Or, as above, maybe I'm just a heartless bitch.

I'd have taken great delight in throwing Mykelti and her girlfriend out of there with the quickness.  

I love this whole post! I am right there with you.

16 hours ago, Kyanight said:

One thing I have noticed in the last few years is how many people carry their dogs around grocery stores, fast food places, Target, etc.  I mean - what the heck??  I understand PetSmart and PetCo!  I can't tell you how many times I have stepped over puddles and doodles because these bungholios can't even clean up after poofpoof.   These people aren't even trying to pass the dogs off as service dogs, they just take them everywhere they go - and the employees in the store don't say a word.  Should I carry my cat around the grocery store as I buy fresh produce, meat, etc??  

Guilty as charged - not of taking a pet to a store, but of being an employee who did not have the guts to question a woman who brought a dog into my store - an unleashed dog that followed her around while she flitted about picking out clothes and went in and out of the changing room several times. I wanted to say something, but I wasn't sure what my options were, there were no other customers around, and I just kept hoping she would leave quickly. The dog was obedient but did wander a bit a couple of times. I was petrified of dogs as a child and still feel very wary around them. So I just stood there and let her do her thing. Thankfully poochie did not leave any unwanted gifts on the carpet!

16 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Oh, a couple of friends of mine who work for Walmart said they're not allowed to question anyone with a pet because of a few customers flipping out on them..."HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ME!!!"   

I think that's what I was worried about, that the woman would go off on me - I need to find out our store's policy in case it happens again.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:
16 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Oh, a couple of friends of mine who work for Walmart said they're not allowed to question anyone with a pet because of a few customers flipping out on them..."HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ME!!!"   

I think that's what I was worried about, that the woman would go off on me - I need to find out our store's policy in case it happens again.

From what I understand employees aren't allowed to say anything just in case the dog turns out to be an actual service dog.   But seriously folks - a chihuahua in a purse?  Still can't say anything, though.   They can't even say something to people who leave piss and poop behind on the floor.  People are so damn rude anymore.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

From what I understand employees aren't allowed to say anything just in case the dog turns out to be an actual service dog.   But seriously folks - a chihuahua in a purse?  Still can't say anything, though.   They can't even say something to people who leave piss and poop behind on the floor.  People are so damn rude anymore.

You aren't kidding - there is no regard for public decency and politeness anymore. I'm not saying we should go back to the days of women in dresses and hosiery and men in topcoats, tipping their hats and saying "Good day to you madam", but how about we don't wear our pajamas and slippers to the mall, and we stop thinking that anything we want to do is perfectly fine, even if presents a public nuisance or an outright danger?

Plus, don't service dogs have to have special gear and don't they have to be on a leash? I believe they should be easily identifiable. 

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Christine doesn't want to damage her relationship with Kody by disagreeing with him over the move? If disagreeing with your spouse means you'll damage your relationship, you're in a shoddy marriage. End of discussion.

I'm a little confused about the timing of all of this.  This was filmed Spring 2018. Robyn said Dayton was a Senior and was going to be starting college in the fall and she wanted them to be in the same city so they could help him adjust - which, okay, given that he's on the Asperger's spectrum, great idea.  But - he's now in college - correct? How the heck did he manage to apply and get accepted at a college in Arizona in the short amount of time he would have had to do this based on the timing of all this? My kid is in Grade 11 - in Canada - and if he want to go to university in our province his applications have to be in by January of Grade 12.  Kids who apply to US schools apply the Fall of Grade 12 as well.  So, did Dayton apply to Flagstaff and they always knew they'd likely be moving there and this is all a sham for the tv, or is the timing of applications/admissions different for kids who actually live in the US? Or am I wrong and he hasn't actually started college yet?

Christine doesn't question Kody because she is programmed not to.  Kody is the King of the house, what he says goes and even a lowly woman fasting and praying for three days does not override the wants and needs of the King.  Who can forget "You love the family and I will love you" when Kody took Christine to Galveston to fake "therapy" to show her she is the problem within their marriage and she needs to fix herself to be accepted.

I forgot about his snarky comment to Christine about the wives trip to Seattle in my original post.  "I'm going to get a lot of things done because I won't have to have these conversations with my wives" Well.  If you don't like these conversations big boy...then don't have so many damn wives.  Huh.

Yes. The timing...a big bell went off in my head when I was watching it.  Because of their social media posts we are aware of real time by the time the show airs. Either Dayton was set in stone in the Spring of 2018 to go to Flagstaff ORRRR he had already applied to several colleges and it was hanging as to which one he would accept.  Which puts a big fire under Robyn (cause all those things are always stressin her out) to send in the paperwork to finalize enrollment.  Sadly I don't remember the cut off date with my daughters paperwork.  She was very good at staying on top of the dates things were due.  She began looking at universities in the Spring of her Sophomore year of high school.  By the Spring of her Junior year she had things narrowed down and put her applications.  By Christmas of her Senior year she made up her mind and put in final enrollment information in the Winter(I'm thinking Feb/March-ish) of her Senior year.  By the time she graduated in May things were set in stone for that following Fall.

And Kody is complaining that they have trust issues within the family!!?? Why is that Kody!!??

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:36 PM, smores said:

How could I forget?  More of his quoting the Q Anon slogan "Where We Go One, We Go All" (I know this from all of the blow up around Roseanne and her ensuing drama).  It really doesn't make him seem less creepy or cultish when he's repeatedly quoting Q Anon stuff on the show like it's just a normal phrase he thought up and uses, word for freaking word, over and over again.

I am a kid who moved a lot.  I didn't have a problem with it most of the time, until I did.  I get that it happens, and I get why people have to move.  Hell, as an adult, I've continued to move relatively frequently and we haven't lived near any of our relatives for the last 18 years of our marriage.  But, the reasons that we moved were because there were jobs that we were taking, or when I was a kid, it was either because of a job, or perhaps due to housing, and the ability to find a much better home in a better school district, etc.  All of those are reasonable things that make sense.

The issue I have with this move is that it basically was set up to fail from the start.  Moving from Utah to Vegas, it was always a sort of sketchy thing.  I don't think they were really in danger of being arrested, but, sure, fine, I can buy that they did and it was a needed move.  No problem.  That completely uprooted the lives of their kids, and that was totally plain for anyone to see.  So, then they bought the houses, which they also really couldn't afford.  That was obvious then, I remember the shows where they talked about not knowing if they'd pass the credit checks, if they'd qualify for the mortgages, etc.  No one was willing to compromise, they HAD to have the best of the best, and so they ended up with what they got, houses they couldn't actually afford for the long term.  They knew this when they bought them, they had a balloon payment coming due, and unless there was a major change, they weren't going to be able to pay it.  Now, knowing what they'd done to the kids already, I can't get behind them doing that sort of damage again, just because they didn't want to make different choices or compromise on what they wanted at the time they bought the houses.

Think about it, what if they'd built an apartment complex instead?  They could have modified several units so that each wife could have one for their own family, but still had space to rent to other people, it would have given them shelter as well as a business to run.  They'd have been producing an income to help cover the bills for their own housing.  

Given the way that they've treated the daughter with scoliosis, I'm kind of shocked they've actually had him diagnosed and that they are entertaining Robyn being near him for college.  It seems more like their way of thinking that they'd have said, Oh here's some essential oils, he'll be fine! and left it at that.  

At least he didn't go all Jack from Lost, and dramatically shout - "We can live together or die alone!"

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Idiots.

2019 Cost of Living Calculator: Las Vegas, Nevada vs Flagstaff, Arizona

Comparison Highlights

- Overall, Flagstaff, Arizona is 3.9% more expensive than Las Vegas, Nevada

- Median Home Cost is the biggest factor in the cost of living difference.

- Median Home Cost is 38% more expensive in Flagstaff.

- Median Home Cost is $98,500 more expensive in Flagstaff

-Food & Groceries Cost is 8.2% more expensive in Flagstaff

-Health Cost is 12% more expensive in Flagstaff

https://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-living/las-vegas-nv/flagstaff-az/50000

Edited by itsadryheat · Reason: technical difficulties
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Christine doesn't question Kody because she is programmed not to.  Kody is the King of the house, what he says goes and even a lowly woman fasting and praying for three days does not override the wants and needs of the King.  Who can forget "You love the family and I will love you" when Kody took Christine to Galveston to fake "therapy" to show her she is the problem within their marriage and she needs to fix herself to be accepted.

I forgot about his snarky comment to Christine about the wives trip to Seattle in my original post.  "I'm going to get a lot of things done because I won't have to have these conversations with my wives" Well.  If you don't like these conversations big boy...then don't have so many damn wives.  Huh.

Yes. The timing...a big bell went off in my head when I was watching it.  Because of their social media posts we are aware of real time by the time the show airs. Either Dayton was set in stone in the Spring of 2018 to go to Flagstaff ORRRR he had already applied to several colleges and it was hanging as to which one he would accept.  Which puts a big fire under Robyn (cause all those things are always stressin her out) .....

I missed where Christine said that she fasted for three days.  As much as I sort of want to admire Christine for her faith in Kody - to the extent that she actually thinks that fasting will change his mind - I also want to smack her for it.  She had to have known that nothing she did was going to change Kody's "one for all and all for one" mindset.  If Kody didn't notice that Meri almost passed out and had a nervous breakdown right in front of his eyes when they toddled off to sign divorce papers, I doubt it even entered his pea-brain that Christine was fasting on his behalf.

The comment about him getting things done while his wives were gone ticked me off to no end.  I'm sure his "getting things done" equated to him finally having time to deep-condition his hair in private, untangling multiple light strings for safe transport to their next cuddle-sac, and flitting from house to house looking for his favorite pair of stonewashed jeans.  He's useless.

And finally, I love how you post in Robyn's vernacular. 🙂

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Anlogle said:

They have a bunch of kids that need to be taken care of.  

You mean they have a bunch of kids WE need to take care of.  I am a very left leaning liberal but I think families like this are playing the system.

3 hours ago, Roslyn said:

And Kody is complaining that they have trust issues within the family!!?? Why is that Kody!!??

SPOT ON!

3 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

but how about we don't wear our pajamas and slippers to the mall, 

Plus, don't service dogs have to have special gear and don't they have to be on a leash? I believe they should be easily identifiable. 

1.  711 is ok thought, right?  Am I right?  Drive through?

2.  Most states service dogs have to identifiable with the gear and the owner has to carry the license.  An emotional support animal, ugh, is just a made up thing.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Regarding Robyn's young children's sleep time.  I guess letting them stay up late really doesn't matter if you don't have a job to get up and go to.  

True, but Sol is in school yet they let him stay up until 9:30.  Even on vacation it is not a good idea to get too far off routine.

Too bad they didn't ask God about the cost of living in Flag vs LV when they were looking for guidance about moving.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Too bad they didn't ask God about the cost of living in Flag vs LV when they were looking for guidance about moving.

I don't think even God could overrule Kootie when he gets some cockamamie idea in that Neanderthal head of his.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Aside from all the other nonsense in this episode - why would you get a hat designed before you know what you’re going to be wearing?

Right??  So strange!  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I’m still watching this. Do they really not know that you can live in a HOUSE in Seattle? I grew up here. Call me, Christine. I have tons of other mind-blowing info. 

Kody dares to suggest he will judge whether the hats look good? The arbiter of taste. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/19/2019 at 1:23 PM, Persnickety1 said:

Indeed they were.

I need to rewatch this episode because once Meri said, "I like EDGE, I have to have EDGE," I started laughing like a hyena and pretty much missed everything after that point.  

I believe she's confusing an utter lack of fashion sense (a la LulaRoe) with "edge."  

Maybe Hannah needs to design a hat for Kody that covers his dreadful hair.  He makes a mockery of the term "crowning glory" with that crispy shit rapidly disappearing from the top of his inflated head.  

Honestly I thought Meri rolled her eyes a little when she quoted that. I forget who she was quoting but she did not seem to be the one who came up with the concept 

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

The arbiter of taste. 

Light socket hair Kody.  Arbiter of taste.  Whoo boy.  That's a good one.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/19/2019 at 3:47 PM, Anlogle said:

You need to remember that this is their last season of the show.  

Do we know this for sure? I mean it’s been “this is the last season” for at least the last 3!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/19/2019 at 3:32 AM, Nowhere said:

I could tell when the other ladies were asking Robyn if she helped him with the presentation, that she did help, and they all knew she helped. The way Robyn was nervously rubbing her hands together when she sat down seemed like she already knew what was coming. Go back and watch the presentation again and keep eyes on Robyn from the time she walks in until the end. She tries to play it off but I’m not buying it. Body language says she’s lying to the others, touching her face, squirming around,etc. 

And I think it was Meri who commented, "Which one of the wives did he discuss this with and already knows what he's going to say?" Very telling moment to me.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

And I think it was Meri who commented, "Which one of the wives did he discuss this with and already knows what he's going to say?" Very telling moment to me.

Exactly. Because that's the wife she used to be, the one who already knows. 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

16 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

You know, with all the talk about Meri's wet bar, I noticed something. I looked at the photos of the homes on Zillow and, you can immediately tell which is Meri's by the wet bar. And Janelle's (she of the western motif and tacky boot lamp) by the horses above the archway and the big sun on the wall. But, while Meri got her wet bar, the other wives got things that she didn't. The other wives got nice, HUGE covered patios in the back yard, complete with outdoor ceiling fans. Which, living in the desert, has to be a big selling point. Meri doesn't have that. Her back patio is uncovered, in bright sun. You just walk out the door and get a sun burn.  So, I refuse to think that the other wives were somehow  "cheated" by a wet bar.  Yeah, it doesn't explain why she got the same size house as the two wives with six kids at home (at the time they were built), but really, they're all assholes. 

This must be Christine's, since Robyn's supposedly sold, therefore isn't listed? This one is listed at a higher price than Meri or Janelle's. Maybe because of the huge covered patio in back? So, the wet bar didn't exactly give Meri a huge advantage. I'd pick the house with the covered patio, any day. especially in that climate. 

When I looked at the pics I was struck by how . . . basic the houses are.  They all have the cheapest builder options and nothing that is customized or updated.  On the inside, the bedrooms and bathrooms are huge, but also could be an apartment that I rented in like 1999 if you scaled them down.  The walls and trim are kind of odd, institutional colors and it's like they used the biggest possible tiles so they could use fewer of them everywhere they have tiles.  

15 hours ago, Kyanight said:

From what I understand employees aren't allowed to say anything just in case the dog turns out to be an actual service dog.   But seriously folks - a chihuahua in a purse?  Still can't say anything, though.   They can't even say something to people who leave piss and poop behind on the floor.  People are so damn rude anymore.

You can ask 2 questions in regards to animals coming into a business.  Is this a service animal?  What tasks are they trained to perform?  And while anyone can claim that any animal IS a service animal without any proof, if the animal is disruptive, even if it is a legit service animal, it can be removed.  Emotional support animals, on the other hand, don't have to be accommodated anywhere other than housing and airlines.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I’m still watching this. Do they really not know that you can live in a HOUSE in Seattle? I grew up here. Call me, Christine. I have tons of other mind-blowing info. 

I haven’t had a chance to watch this yet — what does Christine think people in Seattle live in?  My mom grew up in Seattle and claims someone once asked her if everyone lived in tipis around the foot of the Space Needle.  Hopefully that rumor hasn’t stuck around this long ... 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, jumper sage said:

2.  Most states service dogs have to identifiable with the gear and the owner has to carry the license.  An emotional support animal, ugh, is just a made up thing.

I have an ESA animal, with paperwork from my Dr.  It is not a made up thing.  I suffer from PTSD, major depressive disorder, panic disorder, and anxiety disorder.  Social anxiety is also a huge problem for me. There are times my anxiety is so debilitating, I physically cannot leave my home for days (sometimes weeks!).  When I have my ESA with me, I tend to focus more on him and his needs/behavior when I am out, which distracts me from the throngs of people around and keeps me from getting "in my head", therefore lessening my anxieties.  It's not about not bearing to be away from your pet or needing a cuddle buddy 24/7, like some ppl have mentioned. 

Medications and therapies don't work for everyone.  Those of us who have these issues deserve to have a life beyond our homes, just like everyone else.  It's just a shame that so many fraudulently obtain papers and abuse something which is so helpful for those who truly need it.

  • Like 17
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, say whaaaaa said:

Medications and therapies don't work for everyone.  Those of us who have these issues deserve to have a life beyond our homes, just like everyone else.  It's just a shame that so many fraudulently obtain papers and abuse something which is so helpful for those who truly need it.

That's precisely the point.  Sludge and Pudge abused they system for their own selfish gain.  Neither of them has mentioned anything nor shown the dogs in any ESA capacity until they wanted to take the dogs for a free ride at Christmas.  You DO need a dog and you carry the paperwork to prove it.  No one should be faulted for that.

13 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Aside from all the other nonsense in this episode - why would you get a hat designed before you know what you’re going to be wearing?

With the fashion challenges these women have, that just adds to the problem.  Finding LLNo to match hats must be a nightmare.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I think I said this once before, but I'm going to say it again. And in no way, shape or form am I saying Kootie is hot. lol  But during his talking heads where he has the man bun (and btw, I LOATHE man buns), when he tilted his head a certain way and you couldn't see the man bun, you could see what he'd look like with a very short, close to the head haircut and dare I say it? e would actually look nice, well kept and in current style.

kody-brown.png

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

I think I said this once before, but I'm going to say it again. And in no way, shape or form am I saying Kootie is hot. lol  But during his talking heads where he has the man bun (and btw, I LOATHE man buns), when he tilted his head a certain way and you couldn't see the man bun, you could see what he'd look like with a very short, close to the head haircut and dare I say it? e would actually look nice, well kept and in current style.

kody-brown.png

Agreed! I hope he reads this and gets a clue. In my opinion, with his hair off his face, he actually looks younger than he is. And of course, far less dirty and psycho. 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

LOL, not sure about you guys, but I have ads for US Support Animals popping up on the threads now!

I have realtor ads for properties in Las Vegas popping up on mine. Including Facebook. LMAO. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size