Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Galloway Cave

S10.E04: Kody's Shocking Move

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I'm going to cut Robyn some slack there, because different strokes for different folks. Some people thrive being independent and answering to no one, and others thrive by having a spouse and/or family. Robyn's a spouse/family person, while Janelle has always been more independent. Christine and Meri I see liking both worlds - spouse/family time interspersed with alone/friend time. 

Personally, I was alone for a lot of years, and I like being with my husband. I have no issue going away for a weekend without him, but I don't think I'd enjoy being apart for an extended period - I would wish he were with me!

3

I can't cut Robyn or any of them slack for any part of that Seattle trip.  They seemed intent on putting down Hannah's life from even before they stepped into her elegant apartment. Christine clucking away about carrying groceries, it probably didn't occur to her that there is such a thing as grocery delivery, also Hannah is shopping for one person.

I don't know how Hannah maintained her composure when they sat there in their dowdy garments boorishly tittering and giggling over hats that Hannah had designed, or in some cases carefully selected to be part of her inventory, going so far as to say that one of them looked like a toilet plunger.  They could have said something like, "Oh, I'm not a hat person", but instead showed their rude, uncouth, selves by yee-hawing like the morons they are.

Hannah has established a life for herself, she is worldly and sophisticated, and how she lives and what she sells seems to fit her perfectly.  She showed a lot more restraint than I would have, there is no way I would have let them play "dress-up" by wearing the hats to lunch.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I don't know how Hannah maintained her composure when they sat there in their dowdy garments boorishly tittering and giggling over hats that Hannah had designed, or in some cases carefully selected to be part of her inventory, going so far as to say that one of them looked like a toilet plunger.  They could have said something like, "Oh, I'm not a hat person", but instead showed their rude, uncouth, selves by yee-hawing like the morons they are.

Hannah has established a life for herself, she is worldly and sophisticated, and how she lives and what she sells seems to fit her perfectly.  She showed a lot more restraint than I would have, there is no way I would have let them play "dress-up" by wearing the hats to lunch.

Thank you for expressing so eloquently EXACTLY what I wanted to say.   I thought some of the Brown wives' comments were cutting and hurtful.  If Hannah had showed them some watercolor paintings she had done, or maybe some holiday wreaths she had made or ceramic pottery she had thrown on her own pottery wheel - would they have been so rude?  Art is art, regardless of the form.  These are not only Hannah's creations but her livelihood, and at best the wives were thoughtless.  And you don't take things out of a store and wear them around and then return them to the store to sell to someone else unless you are really uncouth.  To me that is unethical - but I will grant the wives slack over that part because I have a feeling that was a TLC suggestion.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I can't cut Robyn or any of them slack for any part of that Seattle trip.  They seemed intent on putting down Hannah's life from even before they stepped into her elegant apartment.

Typical of the browbeaten sheep wives to find fault in a life outside of the harem.  Poor schooling, poor self esteem, infighting, comparisons with other sheep wives - the only thing they can do is make fun of someone who "wouldn't understand our lifestyle".  I bet Hannah understands just fine and kudos to her for being so gracious to this lot of nincompoops.  I guess they are so used to saying nasty things about each other that they don't have the common sense to keep it in the family and not disgrace themselves in public.

No, wait, that involves self awareness, something in critically short supply among the Brown adults.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Thank you for expressing so eloquently EXACTLY what I wanted to say.   I thought some of the Brown wives' comments were cutting and hurtful.  If Hannah had showed them some watercolor paintings she had done, or maybe some holiday wreaths she had made or ceramic pottery she had thrown on her own pottery wheel - would they have been so rude?  Art is art, regardless of the form.  These are not only Hannah's creations but her livelihood, and at best the wives were thoughtless.  

Ditto for me.  And Hannah does not seem like the type to make rude comments if she were shown Robyn's jooorey or some of the sisterwives' tin-can art.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree, it seems like her mom was the favorite wife or the new wife.  I also remember her talking about one of her sisters who was going to be getting a new wife and how upset and miserable she was, telling her to buck up and this is what the religion was about.  I wonder if she would heed her own advice if Kody was to take a new wife.  Yes it was all new with her and multiple times Christine and sometimes Janelle echoed the fact that Robyn and her kids got more attention from Kody.  But you have to give it to them for sticking with the fambly even when they would probably like to leave.  

No, I don't think she would. I really think Robyn would flip out if that happened. She always been the one most adamant that Kody won't take on another wife. The way she bragged about the constant honeymoon phase of marriage to make sure Kody was always happy, getting her kids to call him Dad and run happy to him. The way she lectures everyone else about polygamy and how to be a sister wife like she's the expert even though she's new to it. Also, a little bit from Christine she said in the first season she didn't understand why Meri and Janelle had a problem with her when she courted and married Kody until he was courting and marrying Robyn then she got to know how all that felt. Robyn came in with a goal and plan to be the favorite, remain the favorite and do all she could to make Kody and manipulate and still does to get everything she wants. She has no real competition anymore since ousting Meri and Meri's catfish/cheating thing and Kody has never cared about Janelle or Christine to ever worry her. The only thing that could change it would be a new wife. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

It seems like she wants to out-polygamy the rest of them

This is very very true. I think she'd be like this in anything she was interested in. Vegan? Best most vegan ever. Runner? Only runs ultra runs. But she is in polygamy so she has to make that her prize. Sit down Robyn, nobody can see around your chin.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

On 2/17/2019 at 8:48 PM, Adeejay said:

Based on what I am hearing, it seems as though Robyn is the one behind the move.  And given that she always gets what she wants, it is not a matter of if they will move but rather when. 

I only half ass watch this show, I tend to see a few episodes of the latest season, and then forget about it, or watch it if TLC is showing a marathon. But it's been obvious for a while, Robyn is making the decisions for this whole family. 

On 2/17/2019 at 9:52 PM, Armchair Critic said:

cough ROBYN cough... is the type of woman they are talking about who wants to marry in and take over the husband.

She's basically done this since the first day they met her, hasn't she? What really annoys me bout her is her constant talking like she's the wise old sage, how "this is how we always have done things", instead of being the last and youngest wife. Really, tell us again your sister wife wisdom, you manipulative twit. 

On 2/18/2019 at 11:41 AM, Kyanight said:

She's the only child we ever hear him really mention/talk about.  I am wondering if it is because she is the baby, and most likely the LAST baby he will ever have.

Or rather, Robyn's last one. But hey, maybe Robyn can divorce Kody and get some other moron to adopt her. 

On 2/18/2019 at 2:18 PM, gingerella said:

THEY AREN'T FUCKING TRIPLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(gah, what a moroon these people are)

Yeah, what is up with the triplets bullshit? When did they start calling them triplets? Honestly, it's sounding like they are trying to plan their college scholarship cons. 

On 2/19/2019 at 3:37 AM, Nowhere said:

Why don’t they look in an apartment complex for “rentables” if they want to be close to each other? You don’t have to get giant houses if it’s temporary. Jesus. 

Apartments might not actually be possible. Most have rules as to how many kids you can have in a bedroom and very specific rules about how old boys/girls can be and be sharing a room. I know in Ohio there used to be a law you couldn't have brothers and sisters in the same room once the oldest turned 12 or 13. I'm not sure of the ages and how many kids each mom has who are still living at home, except for Mary having just one kid who is out on her own anyway, so I don't know how many apartments might be an issue for. I guess they could in theory maybe rent 4 and say some of the kids lived with Mary or even rent 5 and say some lived with Kody, but I honestly don't see either one of those happening. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

What really annoys me bout her is her constant talking like she's the wise old sage, how "this is how we always have done things", instead of being the last and youngest wife. Really, tell us again your sister wife wisdom, you manipulative twit. 

It's mind boggling.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Robyn's a master at rewriting history.  She acts like she really WAS there from Day 1.

I would so enjoy watching Kootie court and "marry" another wife.  It won't happen.  Robyn has him by the balls.  I doubt if Christine and Janelle get a conjugal visit more than once a month, if that.  Meri hasn't had one in years, I'm betting.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/18/2019 at 9:56 AM, Xena said:

BTW someone asked (sorry can't remember who) if all the wives were up polygamous, NO.  Janelle was not brought up this way.  Which I have said repeatedly - makes her the craziest, looniest wife of them all.  And there is stiff competition for this crown so that is saying something.

AND lived in a tent. In Wyoming..in the middle of winter..and divorced her husband to marry her already married brother-in-law. I actually think polygamy isn't even the craziest thing on her Crazy List. She's nutz.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/18/2019 at 12:13 PM, smarty2020 said:

Awesome catch!  I was wondering what his presentation boards said.  Boy did he miscalculate on getting high $600K for their houses.  Listed at $599,000 now and still sitting.....He won't even clear enough now to pay for the land they purchased in Flagstaff, never mind the houses they need to build on the land.

Of course he miscalculated...he's an idiot. So much more goes into deciding the listing price of a house! Um...like COMPS?!? Did he bother to run comps for similar homes that sold, in similar neighborhoods, RECENTLY? To get a feel for what he could expect to fetch? You can't just say "the average price in Nevada per sq/ft is XYZ, so we should get XYZ". That's not how it works. So many more elements go into pricing right. Like age of home, location of home--even in a cul de sac, butting against a loud, busy street would be a deal-breaker for me, also neighborhoods aren't all created equal, amenities in the home--pool/no pool, and the biggest factor of all, all 5 homes clustered together, at one end of a cult de sac, are for sale at the same time. AND all owned by polygamists on a reality show!! That's gotta affect pricing, no? That's gott be a tougher sell because it's a unique situation--and real estate generally doesn't favor "unique". Most buyers, when getting into the biggest investment of their lives don't want unique. When I buy a house, I always question, "how quickly can I sell this home if I need to?" 

Did he even ask that lump, the hottest realtor in town, Janelle her opinions? Does she even have any? She obviously had no input in the dazzling pitch--even though it was heavy with real estate points. He didn't bother asking her because she doesn't know anything either, probably knows less than he does!

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/18/2019 at 12:56 PM, Granny58 said:

It's such a bizarre situation to me that even though it is humdrum stuff, I'm still interested.  Although, the first 2 (?) seasons were even more fascinating since they were in the same house.  They should do that again if they want to remain on TV.

EXACTLY! That would be the best way to extend this shitshow...all move into one house (MERI) and make them all share ONE kitchen (MERI). I would watch that all day long. Like a steel cage match. Oh, also throw Fat Tony in there too...

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

On 2/19/2019 at 9:22 AM, laurakaye said:

 I will never fathom how they can spend money on these expensive rentals while still paying four mortgages and buying land to build houses.  Who is loaning them all this cash?

I suspect he recently refinanced and the appraisals of all 4 homes came back in the 600ks. So he cashed out, pocketed the 'profits' of around 200k each and is now listing the homes for what the bank appraised them. That's how he became flush with cash and decided upon his asking prices.

also want to clear up a little thing....a lot of posters mention a 'balloon payment coming due'. It's not one (or 4) balloon payment that comes due when the interest-only loan expires... it's a PRINCIPLE + INTEREST mortgage payment X 4, that now is due EVERY month. And the principle payment is also higher because he hasn't been making any payments towards it for 7 years. It was madness that he took on 4 expensive homes in that manner. Or he knew all along he would be getting out of town the minute the interest only loans were up--which actually sounds like what he does on the regular...

Kody's not as stupid, financially-speaking, as a lot of people seem to think, but he is taking some pretty huge risks, (like the 4 homes not selling quickly) and making a lot of work for himself. All that bank wheeling-dealing is very time-consuming and takes a lot of effort to keep those plates spinning in the air. And for a guy that moved eleventy-billion times, he knows dick about real estate.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Like 6
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Phoebe70 said:

Unpopular opinion here, but Hannah (Mitch’s mom) annoyed me. So snooty and pretentious. Puke!

I didn't like her hats. The one one of them said looked like a plunger, did look like a plunger.. what the hell was that?? Just because someone makes something, doesn't mean I'm going to whole-heartedly embrace it. I knit a lot, doesn't mean I always hit a home run with my creations. 

Also, she didn't make all the hats, I don't think...only the ones she let the hayseeds try on. She had a giant shelf of 'display' hats behind her that I suspect were part of her collection, because she's obviously a lover of hats. I saw a difference in quality and design between what was on the wall and what was on the table...and on Meri's head. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Just because someone makes something, doesn't mean I'm going to whole-heartedly embrace it. I knit a lot, doesn't mean I always hit a home run with my creations. 

I hope people don't trash your creations in public.  That's just nasty. 

Nobody is required to like someone's homemade designs but it would have been nice if the Sheep Wives had embraced the "Thumper" philosophy - "If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nuthin' at all".  Of course that only makes sense to those of us old enough to have seen Bambi! 

And those of us with enough self awareness to realize that their snotty remarks would be shown on TV.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I didn't like her hats. The one one of them said looked like a plunger, did look like a plunger.. what the hell was that?? Just because someone makes something, doesn't mean I'm going to whole-heartedly embrace it. I knit a lot, doesn't mean I always hit a home run with my creations. 

Also, she didn't make all the hats, I don't think...only the ones she let the hayseeds try on. She had a giant shelf of 'display' hats behind her that I suspect were part of her collection, because she's obviously a lover of hats. I saw a difference in quality and design between what was on the wall and what was on the table...and on Meri's head. 

Meri picked out the worst hat available announcing, "you know me, I always want to be EDGY".

Ya, we notice how "edgy" you are in your sartorial splendor!!!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I hope people don't trash your creations in public.  That's just nasty. 

Nobody is required to like someone's homemade designs but it would have been nice if the Sheep Wives had embraced the "Thumper" philosophy - "If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nuthin' at all".  Of course that only makes sense to those of us old enough to have seen Bambi! 

And those of us with enough self awareness to realize that their snotty remarks would be shown on TV.

Well since your asking me personally, I'm the first to laugh at myself publicly if I create something that turns out to be a disaster. I brought a sweater I finished to work and the whole thing was a mess and my coworkers and I had a great time laughing about it. It was comical to me. But I have pretty solid self-esteem and I have no problem with self-deprecating humor...maybe because for all of my errors are double successes 😉

But honestly, I'm not tuning in to watch a bunch of women sitting around being polite to each other and protecting each others' feelings. So yeah, actually, I do want to see the snotty remarks. So then I can come here and snark about it. 

Not sure how long I would sit around and watch someone 'not having something nice to say, so not saying anything at all'! Lololololol!

Edited by VedaPierce

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

Not sure how long I would sit around and watch someone 'not having something nice to say, so not saying anything at all'!

I get what you are saying, boring tv sucks. This was not someone that they were just buying a hat from. This will be someone that will interact after the kids get married. Not setting up a good relationship there with mocking her lifestyle, her hats and just being snotty overall. 

It was just bad manners all the way around from them. How hard is it to be gracious to someone that is going to be part of your family? Hanna lived a different lifestyle then them, even rejecting their lifestyle all together. Instead of being happy she found her way in life, they had to knock it down to their level of thinking. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Screetchingstop said:

I get what you are saying, boring tv sucks. This was not someone that they were just buying a hat from. This will be someone that will interact after the kids get married. Not setting up a good relationship there with mocking her lifestyle, her hats and just being snotty overall. 

It was just bad manners all the way around from them. How hard is it to be gracious to someone that is going to be part of your family? Hanna lived a different lifestyle then them, even rejecting their lifestyle all together. Instead of being happy she found her way in life, they had to knock it down to their level of thinking. 

Because they're uneducated yokels. I expect nothing less from that brood. But I also didn't like the hats. Both things can be true at the same time. I enjoy watching some conflict. If everyone is nice, polite, sweet and well-behaved...what kind of show is that??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/19/2019 at 4:23 PM, Persnickety1 said:

Indeed they were.

I need to rewatch this episode because once Meri said, "I like EDGE, I have to have EDGE," I started laughing like a hyena and pretty much missed everything after that point.  

I believe she's confusing an utter lack of fashion sense (a la LulaRoe) with "edge."  

Maybe Hannah needs to design a hat for Kody that covers his dreadful hair.  He makes a mockery of the term "crowning glory" with that crispy shit rapidly disappearing from the top of his inflated head.  

Meri is confusing edgy fashion with awful fashion. She probably thinks if no one gets it, it's avant-garde. Just look at the hideous brown Naugahyde dress she designed and commissioned for their Commitment Ceremony. She tries on an ugly hat, Christine et al recoil in confusion and dislike, Meri thinks she's an edgy fashion genius that is ahead of her time and misunderstood. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Because they're uneducated yokels. I expect nothing less from that brood. But I also didn't like the hats. Both things can be true at the same time. I enjoy watching some conflict. If everyone is nice, polite, sweet and well-behaved...what kind of show is that??

I think they could have found ways to reject the hats they didn’t like without being a-holes about it. I too get a kick out of conflict on these types of shows but I want it to be about the main players, not a new family member who is trying to be gracious and do something nice for them for their daughter’s wedding.

Janelle and Christine getting into a hair-pulling catfight over Kody? I’m there. Mocking Hannah? No, I don’t like it. It’s not germane to the show. 

(As my mom would say, they’re probably just jealous...here’s a stylish, apparently nice and happy woman making it on her own. She’s not sharing some Manson-lamped wannabe surfer dude with 3 women she hates. And her business isn’t (apparently) losing money, as Kody mentioned their businesses do.)

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I think they could have found ways to reject the hats they didn’t like without being a-holes about it. I too get a kick out of conflict on these types of shows but I want it to be about the main players, not a new family member who is trying to be gracious and do something nice for them for their daughter’s wedding.

Exactly. Hanna was being gracious and they showed their ass. There is plenty of conflict without this behavior. They were haughty because she chose to walk away from their lifestyle. The religion encourages that thought because they remain faithful and she is the outcast. 

I wish they could see 98.999% of the population were standing up and applauding her for living her best life? 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I think they could have found ways to reject the hats they didn’t like without being a-holes about it. I too get a kick out of conflict on these types of shows but I want it to be about the main players, not a new family member who is trying to be gracious and do something nice for them for their daughter’s wedding.

Janelle and Christine getting into a hair-pulling catfight over Kody? I’m there. Mocking Hannah? No, I don’t like it. It’s not germane to the show. 

(As my mom would say, they’re probably just jealous...here’s a stylish, apparently nice and happy woman making it on her own. She’s not sharing some Manson-lamped wannabe surfer dude with 3 women she hates. And her business isn’t (apparently) losing money, as Kody mentioned their businesses do.)

I'm not surprised they tried to put Hannah down a little. She committed the ultimate sin...she rejected the polygamist lifestyle, therefore rejected them. They're salty about it. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Screetchingstop said:

This will be someone that will interact after the kids get married. Not setting up a good relationship there with mocking her lifestyle, her hats and just being snotty overall. 

Exactly what I was thinking.  She will be an ongoing part of their lives, perhaps in competition for time with and influence over their grandchildren.  Instead of showing a gracious cordiality and appreciation for her offer, they were putting on their Mean Girls act but to what avail?  Just to make themselves seem clever or superior?   Epic fail.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I'm not surprised they tried to put Hannah down a little. She committed the ultimate sin...she rejected the polygamist lifestyle, therefore rejected them. They're salty about it. 

It's interesting that Christine has provided a home for her mother Annie, despite the fact that she has rejected polygamy.   I'm guessing she has learned just to keep her lip zipped about her feelings to preserve harmony in the house.

I also wonder if this is at the root of Meri's reluctance to swim away...nowhere to go within the confines of her faith.  She wouldn't bring much to the table with a new polygamist family, except for perhaps her earning power.  Oh wait, she doesn't seem too keen on sharing in that respect.  

Maybe she's just resigned herself to 'the devil you know', rather than striking out on her own to prove what a Strong Woman she purports herself to be.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It's interesting that Christine has provided a home for her mother Annie, despite the fact that she has rejected polygamy.   I'm guessing she has learned just to keep her lip zipped about her feelings to preserve harmony in the house.

I also wonder if this is at the root of Meri's reluctance to swim away...nowhere to go within the confines of her faith.  She wouldn't bring much to the table with a new polygamist family, except for perhaps her earning power.  Oh wait, she doesn't seem too keen on sharing in that respect.  

Maybe she's just resigned herself to 'the devil you know', rather than striking out on her own to prove what a Strong Woman she purports herself to be.

Also, I think she still loves Kody. Sad. 

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post

Remember when dear Robyn berated Christine's aunt on that discussion episode a few seasons back?  "Do not make me a victim sweetie" or some such disrespect?  To me, the scenes with Hannah were reminiscent of that condescending attitude.  If a woman gets a clue and bails out of that "lifestyle, that makes each of us better (bitter)" she is looked down upon.  Seems like jealousy to me.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

All that bank wheeling-dealing is very time-consuming and takes a lot of effort to keep those plates spinning in the air. 

Oh no, now you have put the image in my mind of Kody in his long, fried hair running around like a maniac trying to keep a bunch of plates spinning, like the guys who did that once a year on the Ed Sullivan show.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Oh no, now you have put the image in my mind of Kody in his long, fried hair running around like a maniac trying to keep a bunch of plates spinning, like the guys who did that once a year on the Ed Sullivan show.

Hahaha! Those guys were awesome! Spinning frantically to “Sabre Dance.” I miss variety shows!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Hahaha! Those guys were awesome! Spinning frantically to “Sabre Dance.” I miss variety shows!

Thanks for that - I could still hear the music in my head (50+ years later!) but couldn't remember what it was called.  Just listened to it on YouTube - Sabre Dance - Aram Khachaturian

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Remember when dear Robyn berated Christine's aunt on that discussion episode a few seasons back?  "Do not make me a victim sweetie" or some such disrespect?  To me, the scenes with Hannah were reminiscent of that condescending attitude.  If a woman gets a clue and bails out of that "lifestyle, that makes each of us better (bitter)" she is looked down upon.  Seems like jealousy to me.

They would never admit it, but somewhere deep inside, it has to eat at them.  Their defense was to belittle Hannah's hats and even the difficulty in getting groceries to the apartment.

There they sit, in their frumpy clothes, hairstyles and make-up, telling themselves that their life is better.  When it comes to the time of the wedding, these crones will no doubt convince themselves that their King Kody wins the dance-off with Hannah, making it all so worth it.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/23/2019 at 4:11 PM, Sandy W said:

I can't cut Robyn or any of them slack for any part of that Seattle trip.  They seemed intent on putting down Hannah's life from even before they stepped into her elegant apartment. Christine clucking away about carrying groceries, it probably didn't occur to her that there is such a thing as grocery delivery, also Hannah is shopping for one person.

I don't know how Hannah maintained her composure when they sat there in their dowdy garments boorishly tittering and giggling over hats that Hannah had designed, or in some cases carefully selected to be part of her inventory, going so far as to say that one of them looked like a toilet plunger.  They could have said something like, "Oh, I'm not a hat person", but instead showed their rude, uncouth, selves by yee-hawing like the morons they are.

Hannah has established a life for herself, she is worldly and sophisticated, and how she lives and what she sells seems to fit her perfectly.  She showed a lot more restraint than I would have, there is no way I would have let them play "dress-up" by wearing the hats to lunch.

OMG. It seriously did not even dawn on me that some of their comments may have been hurtful to Hannah! It's not like they were just in some random store; those were hats that Hannah designed. Now, granted, they weren't all my cup of tea, but I thought some of them were quite lovely. If I were trying them on, I would've said that the ones I didn't like were not suited to my head or face shape, not that they looked like flying saucers or toilet plungers!

I did think it was nice that Janelle and Christine complimented her by saying they wanted to be her when they grew up. But now if I go back and view that scene again, I will look at it from a whole different perspective.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I was rewatching part of this episode to see the "bonus scenes", hoping to see more rationale from Kody explaining how he knew the LV real estate market was peaking in 2019 instead of say, 2021, or 2035 when Areola graduates from high school.  No such luck.  I cannot help but think whatever scam he was running & "liquidating" with his good friend from way back, Brian, or some of his other scams are driving him out of the state.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:27 PM, Sandy W said:

That's the way I recall it too.  It was very early in the introduction to the family that the viewers were made aware of Dayton's special needs.

Kody dismissed the doctor's diagnoses of Dayton as him "just being quirky".  You would think that if Robyn were a responsible mother, she would have ensured that a potential step-father had a full understanding of Dayton's needs.  Common sense must have eventually prevailed, as Dayton seems to have blossomed into a fine young man, despite Kody.

Actually, this might have been one time when Kody got it right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/21/2019 at 9:54 AM, Saje81 said:

Agreed! I hope he reads this and gets a clue. In my opinion, with his hair off his face, he actually looks younger than he is. And of course, far less dirty and psycho. 

I think that he would look even better without the facial hair.  Ummm, he maybe trying to develop a biblical, Moses kind of look though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 2/19/2019 at 1:31 PM, LucyEth said:

They bought Christine's house?  I thought they bought land and were building houses right next to each other.  What about Meri?

Christine said she couldn't find a rental that allowed cats so she had to buy.

Edit to add: Sorry I lost track of what page I was quoting from, this was obviously answered long ago

Edited by Joan of Argh · Reason: Clarity
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size