Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: Kody's Shocking Move

• Start Topic

Weird plan. Southern Utah is about the most Polygamous friendly place imaginable. They are all over the St George/Cedar City area. The B&B is nearby. It's so obvious. In fact if they didn't want to live "in Utah" the FLDS has mostly abandoned Colorado City, AZ which is just over the state line. There are tons of abandoned houses that were built specifically for plural families that they are selling at fire sale prices.

Why would they want to go to Flagstaff, clear on the other side of the Grand Canyon? You'd have to drive through Vegas in order to get to the B&B. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

cough ROBYN cough... is the type of woman they are talking about who wants to marry in and take over the husband.

Also Meri was who Janelle was talking about when she referred to how you show up even if you have a relative you don't get along with

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, suev3333 said:

Why the heck does Mary NOT want to be closer to her business??  Just less gas alone would be a plus...weird

She doesn’t want to be there near them.

Who introduced Kodouche to cream rinse?  It still looks ridiculous BTW.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Very telling, Christine said Hannah would make a great sister wife and Janelle says "why would she want that, she has a great life"  I guess you really don't like your life Janelle. 

Right, and Janelle later says the first 10-20 years of plural marriage are not great. What ?!?! 20 years ?? Why the H would anyone stay in that ??

• Love 22

Those hats were hideous. I was confused as to the message delivered by Hannah's one-button-from-disaster cardigan over near gouging bra straps: dressed? Undressed? Dressed? Undressed? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, suomi said:

Those hats were hideous. I was confused as to the message delivered by Hannah's one-button-from-disaster cardigan over near gouging bra straps: dressed? Undressed? Dressed? Undressed? 

Her hat looked great on her. She seemed like a lovely person but the sweater/bra combo was distracting.

Christine looks rough this episode to me. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

And now that the houses have been on the market for a while and not sold (with the possible exception of Robyn's house), I hope Kody is filling at least a little bit like an ass for demanding the immediate move.

Oh, never mind.

THIS!!!!!  So the Vegas market was hot and they needed to get out right away?

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Timelines don't add up on this episode.  When Kody gives the presentation discussing moving one of the wives commented it was March and he wanted them to move by August.  They bought the plots of land in Flagstaff on May 31.  How did they get from having a discussion about moving (throwing out St George as a possibility) to actually purchased plots of land in TWO MONTHS?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Hard to take a guy seriously as a leader when he has a Shirley Temple perm.  What an ass.

I think it's a Luke Spencer perm, personally.  But, seriously, it is not 1978, so what the fuck is he wearing on his head?  

I honestly don't get how they moved.  I moved a fair amount as a kid and changed schools several times.  It was always fine, until it suddenly . . . wasn't.  I was in a different school for every year of middle school and it was only a problem with the last move, it's the only one that bothered me.  Once we did the last move, I looked at my parents and said, I am not doing this again, we need to stay here until I graduate. I'm NOT leaving.  In retrospect, I am not sure why I thought I had a choice, really, because if they had opted to move, they weren't the type of parents who would have let me stay at a friend's house until the school year was done, but, they evidently did take what I said into consideration and I finished high school in that town.  I totally get Janelle not wanting to move her kids, and I don't know why the wives can't stand firm against Kody on this.  Or have some sort of compromise.  Sell the houses, but consolidate into 1 rental in the area with the high school aged kids for 2 years.  Maybe Janelle stays up there most of the time and is "mom" so she can also see her grandkid, but the other mom's can come and go.  That lets them maximize the money they get to take (ha!), but they'd also be able to let the kids continue in the situation that is best for them, and honestly, is it that big of a deal if they are apart for a few years?  It wouldn't be fulltime, just the school year and it's only 2 years.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, Allie Sandra said:

Is it possible that Robin talked Cody into moving to Flagstaff in hope that the other wives and kids would refuse to move there and stay behind? So that it could finally become a traditional marriage, as she undoubtedly would prefer? 

This idea has highly plausible written all over it.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Allie Sandra said:

Is it possible that Robin talked Cody into moving to Flagstaff in hope that the other wives and kids would refuse to move there and stay behind? So that it could finally become a traditional marriage, as she undoubtedly would prefer? 

Excellent idea. The other wives (with kids) stay behind, Meri does her thing and Robyn gets Kodouche to herself for two years or so. Then once the wives-with-kids have graduated their kids, they just become white noise in the background. Robyn may also hope they like living alone enough to continue that way.

• Love 7

I think Robyn & Kootie were the only ones who had discussed moving previously and got on the same we've-always-hated-Vegas page, though she pretended his deluxe & expensive presentation was a surprise.  Moving to a different state, now Day'un won't qualify for in-state tuition for a year.  It was also weird that most of the women said they wanted to be Hannah when they grow up.  They are all similar in age, but Hannah never wanted to blindly follow a "leader".

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Aspyn is so pretty. Gorgeous skin and beautiful long blond hair. just lovely. 

Unfortunately she inherited Kootie's beady little eyes.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1

This move is all a financial shell game with Kody and Dollar Tree Lady MacBeth Robyn at the steering wheel, but they all know the deal - the jig is up. Kody and the harem financed their houses with interest only mortgages. So that keeps their mortgage payments low for a certain amount of years (typically 5-7 yrs) since they aren't paying down on the principal. Kody and his harem brought their houses in 2012 so yeah, if they went with a 7 year interest only mortgage, their time is up this year. Now they have to pay interest + principal, which in most cases raises the monthly payment exponentially. Ergo, this recent "we need to get the fuck up out of here for our financial stability" bullshit. Stop playing, they can no longer afford to live there.

1 hour ago, Allie Sandra said:

If that were true, Kody wouldn't have said no to Christine staying behind.

The only good thing that could be said about Kody's new do is that at least it looks moisturized. During his 3rd grade presentation, his hair looked like if a rain of sunshine or even a light bulb over 60 watts had shone down on him on the right spot, it would have burst into flames. Dry!!!

21 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Sadly she got Kootie's beady little eyes.

LOL! I don't think Aspyn's eyes are so much beady as they are just super far apart. She is one of my fave kiddos and I was hoping for better for her marriage wise. Can't believe she was crushing on that for years. 

Aside from size and hair color, Ariella and King Saul look exactly, EXACTLY alike. For a minute there I thought Saul was the one being carried by Robyn.  It is almost eerie. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, SnarkySnarky said:

“He doesn’t lead us into bad situations.” Hahaha, what planet is Christine from? My god.

Then she said "Because he's a good man". 

Christine can be such an ass kissing phony when the camera's are on her. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

You guys have covered everything, so I’ll just ask two questions:

1. What’s the birth order of the older kids?  I could have sworn that Kody said that Aspyn was his oldest daughter.  But aren’t Mariah and Maddie older?  

2. Can anyone tell me what the reaction icons mean?  I got ”like” and “funny,” but what are the others?  (And yes, this is probably a stupid question.)

2 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I can't help but feel a little sorry for Christine, she has always been last choice in that family. Also because she was raised in the Polygamous lifestyle it's so ingrained in her that she is the most likely to follow along even if she is treated badly.

I think all 4 of them were raised in polygamous families, weren't they?  And Meri  Is the lowest on the totem Pole.

2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I love that Aspyn has insisted that they don't do any stupid skits or dances at her bridal shower.

2 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Yes, gonna have to research spoilers now to see what has sold. So the wedding was July 2018, so tonights epi is spring 2018?

2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I love that Aspyn has insisted that they don't do any stupid skits or dances at her bridal shower.

is the lowest one on the totem Pole.

8 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

This move is all a financial shell game with Kody and Dollar Tree Lady MacBeth Robyn at the steering wheel, but they all know the deal - the jig is up. Kody and the harem financed their houses with interest only mortgages. So that keeps their mortgage payments low for a certain amount of years (typically 5-7 yrs) since they aren't paying down on the principal. Kody and his harem brought their houses in 2012 so yeah, if they went with a 7 year interest only mortgage, their time is up this year. Now they have to pay interest + principal, which in most cases raises the monthly payment exponentially. Ergo, this recent "we need to get the fuck up out of here for our financial stability" bullshit. Stop playing, they can no longer afford to live there.

Wow, this explains everything.  Thanks for the explanation.

They are so phony.

• Love 6

I think Cody's moving because she senses the gravy train is ending. TLC was canceling the show, and he begged them to keep it going.  He took a huge drop in pay. Turn on the have a story line for this year and they will live in less expensive houses. They should have just moved to smaller houses in Las Vegas area.  The kids are happy Khama their kids are settled, and he wants uproot them again.

Just now, antfitz said:

I think Cody's moving because she senses the gravy train is ending. TLC was canceling the show, and he begged them to keep it going.  He took a huge drop in pay.  They now have a story line for this year and they will live in less expensive houses. They should have just moved to smaller houses in the Las Vegas area.  The kids are happy, their kids are settled, and he wants uproot them again.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, antfitz said:

I think Cody's moving because she senses the gravy train is ending. (Really he doesn't have to sense it, because TLC has let him know.) TLC was canceling the show, and he begged them to keep it going.  He took a huge drop in pay. Turn on the have a story line for this year and they will live in less expensive houses. They should have just moved to smaller houses in Las Vegas area.  The kids are happy Khama their kids are settled, and he wants uproot them again.

6 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

2. Can anyone tell me what the reaction icons mean?  I got ”like” and “funny,” but what are the others?  (And yes, this is probably a stupid question.)

If you put your mouse over each one, it will tell you. The others are: useful, surprised and sad. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Janelle was so strong on not moving and hurting Gabe like she did Hunter and Logan.  What do you suppose made her agree to uproot Gabe and move to Flagstaff?  I wanted to cheer for Janelle as she seemed to be the only one getting what it would do to the kids to move them with 2 years left in high school.  Christine seemed at first to get it with her sadness over Gwen running for class historian but then she caved so quickly.....

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Wow, this explains everything.  Thanks for the explanation.

They are so phony.

Interesting take.  I thought it was because TLC wants to cancel the show, and Cody knows that the big bucks won't be coming in . It is probably both.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

You guys have covered everything, so I’ll just ask two questions:

1. What’s the birth order of the older kids?  I could have sworn that Kody said that Aspyn was his oldest daughter.  But aren’t Mariah and Maddie older?  

1. Logan

2. Aspyn

3. Mariah

4. Madison

5. Mykelti

6. Hunter

And this was sooooooo about Robyn and her kids. Fuck the other kids, evidently. 

image.thumb.png.55e1b5ff22ea86e803392fa9b9b3162c.png

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

But this makes no sense since they turned around and bought $800,000 worth of land in Flagstaff (presumably with loans) and then bought Christine a $520,000 house in Flagstaff less than a mile from their empty land.  They don't come out ahead in this process.  

• Love 9
1 minute ago, smarty2020 said:

But this makes no sense since they turned around and bought $800,000 worth of land in Flagstaff (presumably with loans) and then bought Christine a $520,000 house in Flagstaff less than a mile from their empty land.  They don't come out ahead in this process.  

It seems as if Kody just can't stay in one place for long.  They have moved SOOO many times through the years, and it looks like they will just keep on moving every few years or so.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

1. Logan

2. Aspyn

3. Mariah

4. Madison

5. Mykelti

6. Hunter

And this was sooooooo about Robyn and her kids. Fuck the other kids, evidently. 

image.thumb.png.16e3a942ef6d3aa69cf757f9f0075516.png

Thanks.  I didn’t know Aspyn was the oldest girl.  I wonder if she felt pressured to get married, with her younger sisters walking down the aisle first.  Cuz Mitch seems kinda like a jerk.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Never underestimate the power of a Robyn.

Do the other women see this? None of them seem to dislike her or have any issues with her. Are they just stupid or are they afraid of her and her influence on Kody? The whole dynamic is strange to me. Especially after what Robyn did to Meri with convincing Kody to divorce her. Meri has problems with Christine and Janelle but not Robyn. I don't get it. 

Also, Aspen said inviting all the moms to her dress shopping was too much for her so which one of the wives does she ask to tag along with Christine? Well, Robyn, of course! Robyn is always the chosen one! 

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Do the other women see this? None of them seem to dislike her or have any issues with her. Are they just stupid or are they afraid of her and her influence on Kody? The whole dynamic is strange to me. Especially after what Robyn did to Meri with convincing Kody to divorce her. Meri has problems with Christine and Janelle but not Robyn. I don't get it. 

Also, Aspen said inviting all the moms to her dress shopping was too much for her so which one of the wives does she ask to tag along with Christine? Well, Robyn, of course! Robyn is always the chosen one! 

I'm not surprised about Robyn being asked. When Aspyn moved "back home" from school, she moved in with Robyn rather than Christine. I don't know the details WHY (were we even told?), because Robyn's house was a LOT more crowded than Christine's at the time, wasn't it?

So, I see why Aspyn picked Robyn over Meri and Janelle for dress shopping. 

But the rest of your comments, SPOT ON. Why do Meri, Janelle and Christine seem oblivious as to how Robyn is leading Kody around by the dick, and making decisions that put the first wives and their kids, as secondary to Robo Chin and her children? 

Poor Gwen. "Congrats on winning election as Class Historian! How hard you worked for that! Oh, by the way, kiss it good bye, because Mommy Robyn wants to move to be near Dayton, because he's the one who really matters here, not you."

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 22
9 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Why do Meri, Janelle and Christine seem oblivious as to how Robyn is leading Kody around by the dick, and making decisions that put they and their kids, as secondary to her and her children? 

I fill like Christine answered this in tonight’s episode- taking a stance against Kody threatens each wife’s relationship with him.  They know that Robyn is the preferred wife and always gets her way, so fighting it will always be a losing battle.  So I guess their attitude is to just accept it (and put a good spin on it).  It stinks, and it’s hard to watch, but it’s what they signed up for.  

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Whoever said the point is to get ahead? They aren't smart or disciplined enough for that. The point is to 'get over' and move on to the next grift. 

• Love 21
28 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

I'm not surprised about Robyn being asked. When Aspyn moved "back home" from school, she moved in with Robyn rather than Christine. I don't know the details WHY (were we even told?), because Robyn's house was a LOT more crowded than Christine's at the time, wasn't it?

Which reiterates my point exactly. I want to know whyyyyy Aspyn moved in with Robyn. You are right, we were never given the details. Yet Christine was ok with it. Robyn=Favorite. 

• Love 2