Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: Kody's Shocking Move

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Saje81 said:

Agreed! I hope he reads this and gets a clue. In my opinion, with his hair off his face, he actually looks younger than he is. And of course, far less dirty and psycho. 

He should also either get rid of that billy goat scruff on his chin or at least groom it.

• Love 10
23 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Idiots.

2019 Cost of Living Calculator: Las Vegas, Nevada vs Flagstaff, Arizona

Comparison Highlights

- Overall, Flagstaff, Arizona is 3.9% more expensive than Las Vegas, Nevada

- Median Home Cost is the biggest factor in the cost of living difference.

- Median Home Cost is 38% more expensive in Flagstaff.

- Median Home Cost is $98,500 more expensive in Flagstaff

-Food & Groceries Cost is 8.2% more expensive in Flagstaff

-Health Cost is 12% more expensive in Flagstaff

https://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-living/las-vegas-nv/flagstaff-az/50000

Flagstaff is more expensive, true. But the vibe and way of life there is a fair trade-off for the traffic hell, summer heat hell, crappy schools and the overall angry, cut-throat vibe in Las Vegas (having lived in both places, just my take). 

• Love 8
On 2/19/2019 at 4:47 PM, Anlogle said:

You need to remember that this is their last season of the show.  They won't have the income to pay for those big houses they are living in.  He has to start thinking about what comes next. They all should be thinking about that.  They have a bunch of kids that need to be taken care of.  

Has this been confirmed?

3 hours ago, llewis823 said:

I think I said this once before, but I'm going to say it again. And in no way, shape or form am I saying Kootie is hot. lol  But during his talking heads where he has the man bun (and btw, I LOATHE man buns), when he tilted his head a certain way and you couldn't see the man bun, you could see what he'd look like with a very short, close to the head haircut and dare I say it? e would actually look nice, well kept and in current style.

kody-brown.png

Kody looks handsome in the photos they sometimes show of him younger and earlier into his marriages. You can see a lot of him in Janelle's boys (Logan, Hunter). The man-bun-pony do him no favors. 

One small thing I haven't seen mentioned was Meri acknowledging that she acts differently around her friends than she does around her family and she doesn't like that about herself. I think that's the first time she's ever admitted she could be doing more to improve her family relationships. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Flagstaff is more expensive, true. But the vibe and way of life there is a fair trade-off for the traffic hell, summer heat hell, crappy schools and the overall angry, cut-throat vibe in Las Vegas (having lived in both places, just my take). 

Agree! Except his Ted Talk focused on money/finances. I didn't hear any of the above. I'm in Phx so totally get the vibe differences.

• Love 3
On 2/20/2019 at 10:26 AM, Kyanight said:

From what I understand employees aren't allowed to say anything just in case the dog turns out to be an actual service dog.   But seriously folks - a chihuahua in a purse?  Still can't say anything, though.   They can't even say something to people who leave piss and poop behind on the floor.  People are so damn rude anymore.

There's nothing that limits an establishment's employees from asking. However, ALL they can as is 1) if it's a service dog and 2) one thing the dog is trained to do. That's all the ADA allows for as far as questions. And if the answers are 1) yes and 2) pretty much anything reasonable, you have to allow them. So having front-line employees ask is kind of pointless since they aren't really permitted with the capability to determine what constitutes "legitimate" training. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, say whaaaaa said:

I have an ESA animal, with paperwork from my Dr.  It is not a made up thing. 

I knew I worded that poorly.  Yes it is a real thing to real people with real issues and go about things correctly.  At the library I get people who have a filthy animal, that smell, not on a leash and no paperwork.  Most people who are in compliance with the law are at the ready with their paperwork.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, mamey2422 said:

One small thing I haven't seen mentioned was Meri acknowledging that she acts differently around her friends than she does around her family and she doesn't like that about herself. I think that's the first time she's ever admitted she could be doing more to improve her family relationships. 

Eh..... I don't think she was actually saying that.  She could have been implying that her family acts weird around her and her friends don't - so she can act "cheerier" (or whatever) around friends.  She may wish she could be different around family and not like how she IS around them - but I would bet she blames THEM for her feeling that way.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Aside from all the other nonsense in this episode - why would you get a hat designed before you know what you’re going to be wearing?

Perhaps they're following the LulaRoe tradition of absolutely nothing matching.  

In the Brown universe, nothing makes sense.  

Especially Kody's hair.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Did anyone catch where/if Hannah's hats are available for sale?  Because I might need to check a few of those out...

Out of all the heinous things to come out of Kody's mouth over the years, he hit a new low when he said Seattle and Portland were practically the same.  How dare you, sir!

ETA:  Oh yeah, forgot one more thing I meant to mention.  In general Robyn should keep her gob shut because she's either repeating verbatim something someone else already said, or she's inserting herself into someone else's experiences.  But she needed to tone down the 'tude when the producer asked if the reason why they don't walk down the aisle in their religion is to avoid upstaging the other wives.  Defensive much, Robyn?  The entire premise of your show is that you live a much different lifestyle than the rest of us ignorant monogamists, so when the opportunity arises you should be prepared to describe those differences in an educational way and understand that the rest of us simply aren't familiar with your traditions.  A straightforward, "We perform a sacred temple ceremony, which we keep private, and a walk down the aisle is simply not part of the proceedings," which is where Christine seemed to be going, would suffice.  I thought the producer's question was perfectly reasonable.

Edited by LilWharveyGal
  • Love 16
28 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Did anyone catch where/if Hannah's hats are available for sale?  Because I might need to check a few of those out...

Common sense would suggest that Robyn would put Hannah's hats (perhaps on a consignment basis) on the MSWC website....

But we're talking about Brown clownery here where common sense never seems to be a factor.

I'd love to check out the snarkability of a website, though, if there's one out there.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, say whaaaaa said:

I have an ESA animal, with paperwork from my Dr.  It is not a made up thing.  I suffer from PTSD, major depressive disorder, panic disorder, and anxiety disorder.  Social anxiety is also a huge problem for me. There are times my anxiety is so debilitating, I physically cannot leave my home for days (sometimes weeks!).  When I have my ESA with me, I tend to focus more on him and his needs/behavior when I am out, which distracts me from the throngs of people around and keeps me from getting "in my head", therefore lessening my anxieties.  It's not about not bearing to be away from your pet or needing a cuddle buddy 24/7, like some ppl have mentioned. 

Medications and therapies don't work for everyone.  Those of us who have these issues deserve to have a life beyond our homes, just like everyone else.  It's just a shame that so many fraudulently obtain papers and abuse something which is so helpful for those who truly need it.

I'm assuming your ESA animal knows how to behave and that you are a responsible owner.  I think that someone who had such a disorder would be even MORE responsible because of the freedom they now have due to the animal.  Wouldn't want to lose that.  Unfortunately, there are some people who have grabbed on to this as an excuse  to take their less than well behaved animal with them where ever they go.  They are NOT responsible, as I am sure you are.  Just out of curiosity, did you have any special training with your animal?  Is there an organization who helps you with all of this?  Good luck to you!!!

• Love 5
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:35 PM, albarino said:

Excuse me, cowboy boot lamp?!?

I'm an Air Force brat and an Air Force retiree.  Cry me a river about the kids.  

They signed up for this lifestyle; this is what happens.  Right or wrong, Kody is their leader, right?

Umm. Sorry to disagree, my fellow Blue Suiter. These kids didn't sign up for this. And our Brat was only uprooted for damn good reasons - NOT because Daddy Dearest got a burr in his jock. Hope you're enjoying the Afterburner Life as much as I. Salute!

• Love 12
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:10 PM, jacksgirl said:

Hope so. Fascinated by lesbian weddings.

I'd rather be treated to color photos of Dale Earnhart's car. But, watching Prophet Leader Kody pull some justification for this blatant bid for ratings out of his comic book bible should be interesting.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don't think this is their last season. 1.549 million viewers for the last episode is pretty good for a show on its tenth season, especially considering their lifestyle is much less of a TV novelty now than when it first aired. They're bringing in their advertiser revenue for TLC, and they headline Sunday nights when 90DF is on a break.

I think moving is a smart idea for the purposes of keeping the show going. Their lives were getting kind of stagnant in Las Vegas. At least in Flagstaff, their lives will be a shitshow for at least 1-2 years as they move into rental homes and begin construction. I know some people hate that moving saga but I personally LOVE it. Give me all the angst. Give me all the malarkey. Give me "I MUST HAVE MY WET BAR OR ELSE".  

Edited by NotEatingKale
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, NotEatingKale said:

I don't think this is their last season. 1.549 million viewers for the last episode is pretty good for a show on its tenth season, especially considering their lifestyle is much less of a TV novelty now than when it first aired. They're bringing in their advertiser revenue for TLC, and they headline Sunday nights when 90DF is on a break.

I think moving is a smart idea for the purposes of keeping the show going. Their lives were getting kind of stagnant in Las Vegas. At least in Flagstaff, their lives will be a shitshow for at least 1-2 years as they move into rental homes and begin construction. I know some people hate that moving saga but I personally LOVE it. Give me all the angst. Give me all the malarkey. Give me "I MUST HAVE MY WET BAR OR ELSE".  

Haha, I'm right there with you. I'm looking forward to seeing them settle in Flagstaff, for the scenery and lifestyle if nothing else. Moving sucks, no two ways about it, but if this is where they decide to put down permanent roots it will be worth it. 

I watched the episode again with Mr. Gothish, and honestly, Kody had some good points. With regard to where everyone in the family is at the moment with schooling, it did seem like the best time to move, and Kody was absolutely set on moving. Robyn was too - they both did not want to make Las Vegas their permanent home. They do have the right to live somewhere they love, as does anyone. With Gwen, Gabe, and Aurora going into junior year, Brianna going into high school and Dayton entering college, the timing would not get much better. The other kids are younger and will adapt easier. Meri and Christine can do LuLaNo anywhere, Janelle can do her Strive thing anywhere, Robyn can do MSWC anywhere - if they have no love left for Vegas, there's really no reason not to move now. Why stay somewhere that makes you unhappy? 

I did find it interesting that both Christine and Janelle said that their current living situation was the best that things had ever been for the family. I hope for the family's sake that the builds get done quickly so that they can all move in and get back to their regular routines.

21 hours ago, mamey2422 said:

I found that interesting as well. It seems that she is becoming more self-aware. There is a world of difference with how the adults interact now as compared to the "dark" season right after the catfish incident. Man, you could cut the tension with a knife during those couch sessions. Meri was soooo checked-out. I also found interesting all the stuff with the BnB, how she reiterated firmly that she does not live in Utah and does not want to live in Utah. 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Haha, I'm right there with you. I'm looking forward to seeing them settle in Flagstaff, for the scenery and lifestyle if nothing else. Moving sucks, no two ways about it, but if this is where they decide to put down permanent roots it will be worth it. 

I watched the episode again with Mr. Gothish, and honestly, Kody had some good points. With regard to where everyone in the family is at the moment with schooling, it did seem like the best time to move, and Kody was absolutely set on moving. Robyn was too - they both did not want to make Las Vegas their permanent home. They do have the right to live somewhere they love, as does anyone. With Gwen, Gabe, and Aurora going into junior year, Brianna going into high school and Dayton entering college, the timing would not get much better. The other kids are younger and will adapt easier. Meri and Christine can do LuLaNo anywhere, Janelle can do her Strive thing anywhere, Robyn can do MSWC anywhere - if they have no love left for Vegas, there's really no reason not to move now. Why stay somewhere that makes you unhappy? 

I did find it interesting that both Christine and Janelle said that their current living situation was the best that things had ever been for the family. I hope for the family's sake that the builds get done quickly so that they can all move in and get back to their regular routines.

Permanent roots??   I doubt their sojourn in Flagstaff will be longer than their time in LV.  They are just wandering around waiting to return to the "promised land'---i.e. Utah.  Well, at least Kody is and Kody is the leader who can/will  lead them back even if they wander for 40 years.   Someone figured that based on their statements, they have already moved at least a dozen times since Meri and Kody married.

I would think this current living (in LV) situation was the best.  They had separate new houses that were quite large.  Definitely a step up from the Lehi house.  Plus they were settled for five years. 

I see that Flagstaff got 35.9 inches of snow yesterday, setting a one day snowfall record.  Quite a change from LV weather.

• Love 7
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:51 PM, Kyanight said:

Don't be silly!  ROBYN'S child!!  Ysabel doesn't matter - she's not Robyn's!

I believe that when Robyn joined the fambly, she was already claiming that her son was somewhere in the autism spectrum. We don't know for a fact if he was ever formally, medically diagnosed as such. That "special needs" card sure can come in handy when one needs a bargaining chip during family negotiations, after all.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Permanent roots??   I doubt their sojourn in Flagstaff will be longer than their time in LV.  They are just wandering around waiting to return to the "promised land'---i.e. Utah.  Well, at least Kody is and Kody is the leader who can/will  lead them back even if they wander for 40 years.   Someone figured that based on their statements, they have already moved at least a dozen times since Meri and Kody married.

I would think this current living (in LV) situation was the best.  They had separate new houses that were quite large.  Definitely a step up from the Lehi house.  Plus they were settled for five years. 

I see that Flagstaff got 35.9 inches of snow yesterday, setting a one day snowfall record.  Quite a change from LV weather.

Wait, WHAT? Aw hell no! That takes Flagstaff right off the list lol. And I live in New England!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Wait, WHAT? Aw hell no! That takes Flagstaff right off the list lol. And I live in New England!

Unless you love winter activities. The Snow Bowl isn't Vail, but with this new snowfall it's a winter paradise. And let's not forget snowshoeing and Cross-Country skiing (even throughout town there are networks of trails). If you live outside town and there's enough land, you don't even have to go anywhere to do these things. Just throw on your snow pants and snowshoes and go for it. 

That's the best thing about Flag--no matter the season there's always something fun to do that's close by. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Unless you love winter activities. The Snow Bowl isn't Vail, but with this new snowfall it's a winter paradise. And let's not forget snowshoeing and Cross-Country skiing (even throughout town there are networks of trails). If you live outside town and there's enough land, you don't even have to go anywhere to do these things. Just throw on your snow pants and snowshoes and go for it. 

That's the best thing about Flag--no matter the season there's always something fun to do that's close by. 

Definitely sounds like a winter activities dream - but a getting-to-work and running errands nightmare. 

• Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:35 PM, Rhondinella said:

Yes, she wanted to be in the same town where Dayton went to college. Normally I would consider that diva-like behavior from someone who wanted to continue being the center of her son's world. But, having a somewhat developmentally delayed child myself, one who needs more support and help than most others his age, I can sympathize with what she did. Or at least, I understand there might have been a less than selfish motivation there.

Ok, a little selfish because, let's face it, it's Robyn. But I do think her motivation was partly sincere.

How is that boy ever going to function as an adult? Is Mommy Robyn going to have to accompany him to job interviews? His "problem" sounds pretty selective to me. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, B in Lee said:

How is that boy ever going to function as an adult? Is Mommy Robyn going to have to accompany him to job interviews? His "problem" sounds pretty selective to me. 

I wonder if he qualified for special grants to attend NAU due to his Aspergers ? Also, motivation for the move is they will have the so called "triplets" heading to college in 2 years and if I remember correct in order to pay instate tuition you have to be a resident I believe for 2 - maybe UNLV doesn't offer what kids want to major in ? IDK.. just thinking about the reasons for the move. Thankfully this time they didn't have to flee in the middle of the night due to their food stamp fraud polygamous  lifestyle     

• LOL 3
5 hours ago, B in Lee said:

I believe that when Robyn joined the fambly, she was already claiming that her son was somewhere in the autism spectrum. We don't know for a fact if he was ever formally, medically diagnosed as such. That "special needs" card sure can come in handy when one needs a bargaining chip during family negotiations, after all.

Robyn talked about the drs appointments and his diagnosis process when he came into the family. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Screetchingstop said:

Robyn talked about the drs appointments and his diagnosis process when he came into the family. 

That's the way I recall it too.  It was very early in the introduction to the family that the viewers were made aware of Dayton's special needs.

Kody dismissed the doctor's diagnoses of Dayton as him "just being quirky".  You would think that if Robyn were a responsible mother, she would have ensured that a potential step-father had a full understanding of Dayton's needs.  Common sense must have eventually prevailed, as Dayton seems to have blossomed into a fine young man, despite Kody.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

That's the way I recall it too.  It was very early in the introduction to the family that the viewers were made aware of Dayton's special needs.

Kody dismissed the doctor's diagnoses of Dayton as him "just being quirky".  You would think that if Robyn were a responsible mother, she would have ensured that a potential step-father had a full understanding of Dayton's needs.  Common sense must have eventually prevailed, as Dayton seems to have blossomed into a fine young man, despite Kody.

I don't stand up for Robyn very often, but I saw her as a mother who had been through it with a son that was born with difference. Kody was so dismissive of it. I have a child with special needs and that is how I vet anyone that comes into our lives. The only thing I will say is that religious brainwashing can really do a number on a person. She needed a lifeline and saw that in Kody (for whatever reason). 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

With Gwen, Gabe, and Aurora going into junior year, Brianna going into high school and Dayton entering college, the timing would not get much better.

I don't think the timing could get much worse. Yanking 3 kids out of high school at this point is just nasty.  Give them 2 years to finish up and then move. It won't matter as much with the littles but high school is a big damned deal. 

But, of course, it's All About Kootie and/or the bank account.  No thought whatsoever for the consequences.  Selfish prick.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I don't think the timing could get much worse. Yanking 3 kids out of high school at this point is just nasty.  Give them 2 years to finish up and then move. It won't matter as much with the littles but high school is a big damned deal. 

But, of course, it's All About Kootie and/or the bank account.  No thought whatsoever for the consequences.  Selfish prick.

I agree.  My parents moved at the end of my junior year, and I really wished I could have graduated with my friends, some of whom I'd known since kindergarten.  Being laid off from a job is a more compelling reason to move, other than "I never planned to live in LV long-term," however.  I survived (obviously!) but I understand how the three uprooted kids probably feel.  

Kootie is nothing if not one of the most selfish dickheads out there.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I agree.  My parents moved at the end of my junior year, and I really wished I could have graduated with my friends, some of whom I'd known since kindergarten.  Being laid off from a job is a more compelling reason to move, other than "I never planned to live in LV long-term," however.  I survived (obviously!) but I understand how the three uprooted kids probably feel.  

Kootie is nothing if not one of the most selfish dickheads out there.  

Christine did say that Logan had a tough time starting his senior year at a different school, but Gabe, Gwen and Aurora would have two years at the new school. They've only been at their current (at the time of the the show taping) high school for two years, so it's equal time.

I hated every minute of high school and had no use for 99.9% of my peers, though, so maybe I just don't get the whole "graduating with your class" thing. Until my wedding, the day I graduated from high school was the happiest day of my life, no joke. I couldn't get away fast enough.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I hated every minute of high school and had no use for 99.9% of my peers, though, so maybe I just don't get the whole "graduating with your class" thing. Until my wedding, the day I graduated from high school was the happiest day of my life, no joke. I couldn't get away fast enough.

Likewise.  I think high school is only wonderful for some of the students.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 8
On 2/21/2019 at 3:44 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

Out of all the heinous things to come out of Kody's mouth over the years, he hit a new low when he said Seattle and Portland were practically the same.  How dare you, sir!

ETA:  Oh yeah, forgot one more thing I meant to mention.  In general Robyn should keep her gob shut because she's either repeating verbatim something someone else already said, or she's inserting herself into someone else's experiences.  But she needed to tone down the 'tude when the producer asked if the reason why they don't walk down the aisle in their religion is to avoid upstaging the other wives.  Defensive much, Robyn?  The entire premise of your show is that you live a much different lifestyle than the rest of us ignorant monogamists, so when the opportunity arises you should be prepared to describe those differences in an educational way and understand that the rest of us simply aren't familiar with your traditions.  A straightforward, "We perform a sacred temple ceremony, which we keep private, and a walk down the aisle is simply not part of the proceedings," which is where Christine seemed to be going, would suffice.  I thought the producer's question was perfectly reasonable.

Robyn has a superiority streak which I've caught from time-to-time. She was the one judging Janelle or Christine for having a beer at their first out-of-state outing (when Truley got sick). She was the one that told that dreadful purity story and revised history with that creepy AF 'pichur'. She's always the first Bossy McBossypants to lecture anyone and everyone on every little thing, and is showing less and less patience with Kody. It seems like she wants to out-polygamy the rest of them, even though she's relatively new to the game compared to the rest. Wonder if she's still making it a honeymoon for Cody whenever he's at her house--like she bragged about to the other sad sacks, when all 3 of the OGs --full of personal marital woes--where standing around listening to Robyn go on and on about how her parents were on this perpetual honeymoon, and she intended to keep Cody occupied the same way. She's a pill.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I wonder if he qualified for special grants to attend NAU due to his Aspergers ? Also, motivation for the move is they will have the so called "triplets" heading to college in 2 years and if I remember correct in order to pay instate tuition you have to be a resident I believe for 2 - maybe UNLV doesn't offer what kids want to major in ? IDK.. just thinking about the reasons for the move. Thankfully this time they didn't have to flee in the middle of the night due to their food stamp fraud polygamous  lifestyle     

I'm pretty sure the 2-year waiting period applies to renters not owners of property.

7 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

They've only been at their current (at the time of the the show taping) high school for two years, so it's equal time.

But at least one of them is popular enough to have won a class office.  That's a big dill to someone buried in a sea of brothers and sisters.  Now she needs to try to stand out to a bunch of total strangers in a short period of time.  I can see that being a big blow to the teen age psyche. Finally being popular and then thrown back into the nondescript pool.

Plus it's not just two years. They've been in LV for way more than that and the same groups of kids go from middle school to high school together.  So the relationships are more than two years in the making.

Her married sisters went for the first male that showed a bit of attention.  I"m sure that had a lot to do with the fact that a) Daddy Dearest probably didn't know their names and b) the were just another Brown face in a crowd of Browns in school once they hit the mainstream.  Home schooling doesn't do kids any good when they are totally isolated from other kids of the same age or kids stuck in some fundy hell.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 12
On 2/19/2019 at 5:35 PM, Kyanight said:

One thing I have noticed in the last few years is how many people carry their dogs around grocery stores, fast food places, Target, etc.  I mean - what the heck??  I understand PetSmart and PetCo!  I can't tell you how many times I have stepped over puddles and doodles because these bungholios can't even clean up after poofpoof.   These people aren't even trying to pass the dogs off as service dogs, they just take them everywhere they go - and the employees in the store don't say a word.  Should I carry my cat around the grocery store as I buy fresh produce, meat, etc??  

I for one, would FLOVE to run into you wandering around Whole Foods with your cat.

I don't know why, but you throw a cat into an unexpected place, and I LMAO. There used to be a guy walking around The Villiage with a cat on his head. I think that's awesome. 

IMG_1234.JPG

Edited by VedaPierce
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 2/21/2019 at 2:44 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

Does anyone know what actually happens in this AUB wedding ceremony that they think is such a great secret? I have been searching around the Google and can't find anything of substance. I would really love to know what they think is so sacred. I suspect it is quite demeaning to the women, which might be why they are threatened with an afterlife in hell if they talk about it. There have to be people who have left the faith who talk about though.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, sioux21 said:

Does anyone know what actually happens in this AUB wedding ceremony that they think is such a great secret? I have been searching around the Google and can't find anything of substance. I would really love to know what they think is so sacred. I suspect it is quite demeaning to the women, which might be why they are threatened with an afterlife in hell if they talk about it. There have to be people who have left the faith who talk about though.

I have no idea, but there are some articles about LDS ceremonies--perhaps they follow something similar? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

But at least one of them is popular enough to have won a class office.  That's a big dill to someone buried in a sea of brothers and sisters.  Now she needs to try to stand out to a bunch of total strangers in a short period of time.  I can see that being a big blow to the teen age psyche. Finally being popular and then thrown back into the nondescript pool.

Plus it's not just two years. They've been in LV for way more than that and the same groups of kids go from middle school to high school together.  So the relationships are more than two years in the making.

Her married sisters went for the first male that showed a bit of attention.  I"m sure that had a lot to do with the fact that a) Daddy Dearest probably didn't know their names and b) the were just another Brown face in a crowd of Browns in school once they hit the mainstream.  Home schooling doesn't do kids any good when they are totally isolated from other kids of the same age or kids stuck in some fundy hell.

Good points - I didn't take into account that they may have the same classmates - I went to a tech high school, not the local public school so I had a completely different class.

• Love 3

Wondering if someone here can help me remember. Didn't they choose Las Vegas in part because of Robin's influence? Didn't she have family in LV already? There was some connection but I can't remember what it was. I believe it was touched on here on the boards.  So now they move again and it's another Cody/Robin plan.  Hmmmmmmm

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Punkadoo said:

Wondering if someone here can help me remember. Didn't they choose Las Vegas in part because of Robin's influence? Didn't she have family in LV already? There was some connection but I can't remember what it was. I believe it was touched on here on the boards.  So now they move again and it's another Cody/Robin plan.  Hmmmmmmm

As I recall, Kody claimed that he had always been attracted to the bright lights of LV and that is what motivated his desire to move there, rather than another state.  Robyn, like the dutiful little wifey she was at the time, carefully situated her home on the lot so the master bedroom balcony would take advantage of the romantic view.

Kody at one time was employed as a sign salesman, and I optimistically thought he may seek employment in the neon sign business.  Silly me, I guess they don't sell neon signs as a MLM scheme.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Punkadoo said:

Robyn's parents live in St. George which is less than 2 hours from Las Vegas.

• Love 3
On 2/22/2019 at 10:12 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Especially for Janelle's fast food runs

Sadly, yeah. Instead of striving to find the opportunity to get some exercise in the snow, she is likely to complain about being stuck inside. Whereupon she will then lament about struggling to get motivated or some shit like that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Robyn has a superiority streak which I've caught from time-to-time. She was the one judging Janelle or Christine for having a beer at their first out-of-state outing (when Truley got sick). She was the one that told that dreadful purity story and revised history with that creepy AF 'pichur'. She's always the first Bossy McBossypants to lecture anyone and everyone on every little thing, and is showing less and less patience with Kody. It seems like she wants to out-polygamy the rest of them, even though she's relatively new to the game compared to the rest. Wonder if she's still making it a honeymoon for Cody whenever he's at her house--like she bragged about to the other sad sacks, when all 3 of the OGs --full of personal marital woes--where standing around listening to Robyn go on and on about how her parents were on this perpetual honeymoon, and she intended to keep Cody occupied the same way. She's a pill.

Agree, it seems like her mom was the favorite wife or the new wife.  I also remember her talking about one of her sisters who was going to be getting a new wife and how upset and miserable she was, telling her to buck up and this is what the religion was about.  I wonder if she would heed her own advice if Kody was to take a new wife.  Yes it was all new with her and multiple times Christine and sometimes Janelle echoed the fact that Robyn and her kids got more attention from Kody.  But you have to give it to them for sticking with the fambly even when they would probably like to leave.  

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree, it seems like her mom was the favorite wife or the new wife.  I also remember her talking about one of her sisters who was going to be getting a new wife and how upset and miserable she was, telling her to buck up and this is what the religion was about.  I wonder if she would heed her own advice if Kody was to take a new wife.  Yes it was all new with her and multiple times Christine and sometimes Janelle echoed the fact that Robyn and her kids got more attention from Kody.  But you have to give it to them for sticking with the fambly even when they would probably like to leave.  

I will give them credit for not leaving because they knew what they were getting into- "they signed up for it".  But for those first wives who had this sprung on them years after their marriage it's a different story.  : )

• Love 4
5 hours ago, sioux21 said:

Exmormon.org contains lots of stories and inside info (like descriptions of temple marriages) from former LDS folks. You might find some AUB info in there as well. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Robyn has a superiority streak which I've caught from time-to-time. 

ITA. I noticed this during the lunch with Mitch’s mom. Mitch’s mom said being single affords her a lot of freedom to travel and Robyn chimed in with “why not bring your husband.”  She must have forgotten how upset the sister wives were about her honeymoon. Robyn also said on the couch that she sees Mitch’s mom as lonely with no family when everyone else sees a happy fulfilled woman.

I wonder how Robyn would have fared as a first sister wife. Her point of view would probably be very different. 

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, mamey2422 said:

ITA. I noticed this during the lunch with Mitch’s mom. Mitch’s mom said being single affords her a lot of freedom to travel and Robyn chimed in with “why not bring your husband.”  She must have forgotten how upset the sister wives were about her honeymoon. Robyn also said on the couch that she sees Mitch’s mom as lonely with no family when everyone else sees a happy fulfilled woman.

I wonder how Robyn would have fared as a first sister wife. Her point of view would probably be very different. 

I'm going to cut Robyn some slack there, because different strokes for different folks. Some people thrive being independent and answering to no one, and others thrive by having a spouse and/or family. Robyn's a spouse/family person, while Janelle has always been more independent. Christine and Meri I see liking both worlds - spouse/family time interspersed with alone/friend time. 

Personally, I was alone for a lot of years, and I like being with my husband. I have no issue going away for a weekend without him, but I don't think I'd enjoy being apart for an extended period - I would wish he were with me!

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, mamey2422 said:

There probably would never have been any other wives.  She leads Kody around by the nose ring.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4