Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: The Honeypot

• Start Topic

I loved Jake hearing the barrel story so often that he memorized it, and of course loved that Amy loved it. And Holt the triple-crosser was great. But I was so distracted by wondering why people wouldn't just take their personal stuff home instead of burning it!

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

The B-plot was a fun one too.  Amy going all ultimate organizer on the joint was hilarious, but I like that Terry's special suspenders were connected to the whole lieutenant subplot from last season, and it seems to be setting it up for him to try again.  And then the list of all of Boyle's crazy stuff.  And, of course, Rosa struggling to decide between keeping her hatchet or her Blu-ray of The Intern.  That alone might be the perfect description of Rosa yet!

I love when they tie a plot like this to an actual overall arc. When this show transitions from funny into something more serious and heartfelt, that is when I remember why I love this show. 

The whole episode was pretty damn good. I missed some stuff here and there, so I'll have to watch it in its entirety later. I'm just still chuckling at Amy wanting to be Organizer of the Month in that magazine. 

That opening was hilarious (MAJOR props to the editor who had to cut together that opening!), but I'll take the ending 100%. Jake memorising Holt's barrel historical lesson and Amy loving it? Amazing. I also love that Gordon was actually hitting on Holt, in a very Holt-esque way. 

• Love 7

Jake and Holt and their duo of opposites never fails to be entertainment gold. The pairing works so well because when together, they learn and borrow elements of each other's personality to their betterment. Holt, despite initially scoffing at Jake's movie references and acronyms, wouldn't have been able to best Kelly if he hadn't heeded Jake's words. And Jake actually absorbing Holt's barrel lessons and using them to entice Amy was so smart and thoughtful. The recurring parallels between Holt and Amy and how Jake manages his relationship with both is always well done.

I was less enthused with the cleaning and organizing plot. Amy as the arbiter of whose stuff gets BURNED rubbed me the wrong way. She redeemed herself by caring about Terry's reason for holding on to the suspenders and getting him another pair, though, and I guess she wouldn't be Amy Santiago if she didn't attack everything with a savage intensity.

"My two dads, straight smashin' it! Sorry, that came out weird. Title of your sex tape." Hee! I love the references to Holt's private life with Kevin and how he feels comfortable sharing those details with Jake. Jake being so invested in Holt and Kevin's happiness and responding in his dorky Jake way was adorable. He's such a supportive friend, always.

• Love 13

Take a box of stuff from your desk HOME, people!

I did love the little flicker of "But, but, it's really not ..." that flashed across Jake's face when Holt mentioned watching "a Thomas Cruise film on Home Box Office." Jake's dorky, over-invested but heartfelt support of his two dads is one of his most endearing qualities.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

The B-plot was a fun one too.  Amy going all ultimate organizer on the joint was hilarious, but I like that Terry's special suspenders were connected to the whole lieutenant subplot from last season, and it seems to be setting it up for him to try again.  And then the list of all of Boyle's crazy stuff.  And, of course, Rosa struggling to decide between keeping her hatchet or her Blu-ray of The Intern.  That alone might be the perfect description of Rosa yet!

That is absolutely the perfect description of Rosa. I laughed so hard I scared my dog (tbh, she's scares easily 😂)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Brandi Maxxxx said:

I think we're ignoring the real issue here. Why does Organizers Quarterly have an Organizer of the Month feature?

Oh man, I didn't even pick up on that. Noice as Jake would say. 

i need Amy & Marie to spend a week at my house. Then maybe Rosa & her flaming arrows to entertain the neighborhood.

• Love 1

It was all great, but I thought that the problem with the bullpen was that there were too many people and desks there, not that 5 people had too much stuff on their desks (or in their closed drawers?).

10 hours ago, Mystery said:

But I was so distracted by wondering why people wouldn't just take their personal stuff home instead of burning it!

In Charles' case, I could see where his wife might not have wanted his grandfather's little shoe and other stuff displayed at home, so he took it to work. Rosa, however, isn't watching her Blu-ray at the office, so it made no sense that if she liked it, she wouldn't take it home. Scully not understanding that medication doesn't count as desk decoration was funny and scary at the same time.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Hey, it's Dopinder from Deadpool!

Never mess with Captain Holt and his Triple Dragon!

Okay, if you want to do the thing where you get rid of the things that don't bring you "joy" whatever, but don't force it on others.

He’s also in the new TBS show and was on Starz’(s?) Blunt Talk.

• Love 3

I also appreciate the Holt knew what was coming because he caught a  "Thomas Cruise" film on "Home Box Office" and there's always another twist. 

Yeah someone already commented on this but I loved seeing Jake sort of shaking his head "No" a little while Holt was saying that. 

The whole scene where Jake first introduced Gordon to Holt was just hysterical, because at first I thought "Aha, the perfect match, another emotionless robot like Holt." Then after Gordon left and Holt accused him of flirting with him I couldn't stop laughing. He tied his tie in Windsor knot, the most easily untied knot of all. Why bother wearing clothes at all?

• Love 15

I love that Holt watched "Thomas Cruise" movies to get ready for their triple cross. The Triple Dragon! I always love when they mix and match pairings, but a good old fashioned Holt and Jake plot is always going to be a win for me. 

"Tell that to the man sitting next to me" "Was it Kevin?" "....yes"

And of course, Jake knows that he can get Amy going with things that Holt finds sexual. "Oh Mama..." I love how Jake and Amy just totally understand and embrace their many quirks, and love them for what makes them who they are, and not despite of it, even when its not something they would be into. 

Let Rosa keep her special features damn it!

• Love 12
17 hours ago, SHD said:

“Wait, what? Did something just happen here? I’ve been standing here the whole time. What did I miss? What did I miss? WHAT DID I MISS?!”

Loved this. Plus the way he said it was like he was trilling his R's, but there are no R's. 

The Cold Open was wonderful. "Yep." "Yep." "Yep." "Yep." "Yep." "Yepyepyepyepyepyep."

The subplot with Amy was fine, but Holt and Jake together was fantastic. Holt's drumroll, Thomas Cruise, just everything. Fun learning that Charles has a urethral support staff.

OMGosh. Hitchcock's neck really made me flinch.

Gordon: I'm so sorry. I was just deciding whether I should just go home. The tone and tenor of your introduction make me worry that this is a "fun" office, which I would not enjoy.
Jake, smiling and looking at Holt: Hehhhh?

Holt: Didn't you see him flirting with me?
Jake: No, I most definitely did not.
Holt: Then you're a blind man, and a prude to boot.

Holt: Bring me someone who can keep it in their slacks.

Gordon: Did you hear there's a barrel-making exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum of Industry?
Holt: Yes. (turns and widens eyes)

Holt: Buzz.
Jake: Fly.
Holt: Buzz.
Jake: Fly.
Holt: Buzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Jake: Flyyyyyyyyyyy.

Holt: Any poopers?

Holt: … Coming home and having my husband ask me why I smelled like barrel?

Holt saying, "But there are…. CAMERAAAAAAAAS!" was like an Oprah impression.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

"Tell that to the man sitting next to me" "Was it Kevin?" "....yes"

I laughed so hard at that -- I'd almost forgotten how much fun that little moment was.

And of course Rosa is a crack shot with a bow -- wait 'til the Skyfire boys hear about this...

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5
On 2/21/2019 at 10:50 PM, SHD said:

“Wait, what? Did something just happen here? I’ve been standing here the whole time. What did I miss? What did I miss? WHAT DID I MISS?!”

I loved this scene.  Also, how did Jake trill his "r's" on a sentence that does not contain the letter R?

• Love 1
On 2/22/2019 at 3:43 AM, Brandi Maxxxx said:

I think we're ignoring the real issue here. Why does Organizers Quarterly have an Organizer of the Month feature?

Thank you! We need to get to the bottom of this. 

But also, we know that Jake has canonically watched documentaries, usually nature ones. And Amy really loves her docs. So Jake really shouldn't question Holt about that, unless what he really meant was "no one watches really boring documentaries other than Holt and Kevin." 

Edited by scrambled eggs

Jake not only memorising all that stuff that Holt said about barrels (which he found appalling to listen to), but actually taking Amy to the exhibit so he could regale her with it all, was really one of the sweetest things he's done for her. But I guess he knew that her reaction would be 'instant ladyboner', so it will have been a treat for him as well. 

The fact that this show often manages to cast Jake as the straight man to the straightest man in the world, Captain Holt, is a tribute to how well written it is. Holt's bizarrely straitlaced behaviour manages to be weirder than any crazy shenanigans Jake himself might get up to. His reactions to Holt's perception of flirting were fantastic.

The B-plot felt like one of the writers had a bone to pick with the organising craze, and wanted to send it up with the most extreme version possible. It worked, though, because it put Amy in her natural environment as organiser extraordinaire. 

This show is so densely packed with gags that it's hard to appreciate them all, even with rewatches. And it just feels so confident. Other than the misstep where the writers apparently thought Gina was incredibly popular, this season has been excellent.

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

What kind of knot does Holt have in his tie?

I feel like this information should be in the Binder somewhere.

19 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

The B-plot felt like one of the writers had a bone to pick with the organising craze,

Where does the line form?

• Love 4
11 hours ago, possibilities said:

So... does anyone know what the recommended tie knot is if you don't want to be flirty?

Well, since it was a single Windsor knot, obviously the double Windsor should be considerably less slutty flirty. Beyond that, no idea.

• Love 2
On 2/22/2019 at 1:34 PM, peeayebee said:

Holt: Bring me someone who can keep it in their slacks.

Scully: [Something about not wearing slacks] (because, of course, it's Scully.  Followed by "Too bad, cuz my dogs are barkin'", and Jake: "What dogs???"

7 hours ago, jelaine said:

Well, since it was a single Windsor knot, obviously the double Windsor should be considerably less slutty flirty. Beyond that, no idea.

All I know is that I must be quite the man-whore with my half Windsor knots.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

Scully: [Something about not wearing slacks] (because, of course, it's Scully.  Followed by "Too bad, cuz my dogs are barkin'", and Jake: "What dogs???"

Actually it was Hitchcock.

On 2/22/2019 at 5:43 AM, Brandi Maxxxx said:

I'm sure the winners' respective write-ups are neatly organized within the article, probably with distinctive borders, and headings with typefaces so appropriate you can't even imagine.

I love Jake and Holt together so much.  For me, their relationship is perfectly illustrated by the fact that Holt came up with an (awesome!) acronym for his Thomas Cruise inspired triple cross.  A punctuated acronymn too! Two Righteous Individuals Performing Law Enforcement Directives Rapidly Against Gordon, Our Nemesis.  TRIPLE DRAGON!

• Love 5
On 2/28/2019 at 5:19 AM, Lois Sandborne said:

I'm sure the winners' respective write-ups are neatly organized within the article, probably with distinctive borders, and headings with typefaces so appropriate you can't even imagine.

I think I've figured out a much simpler explanation: Amy Santiago is secretly a follower of Reasonableism (see Parks and Recreation), the perfectly legitimate religion that began as a self-help book about "clarifying and purifying your life through organization" but is better known for their belief in a giant lizard god, frequent doomsday predictions and cat sacrifices. Organizers Quarterly is actually a Reasonableist newsletter which operates on an alternative Zorpian calendar.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2