Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/28/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Meghan accuses Cory Booker of being inauthentic?   Mmmmmm-k.

I actually agree with Meghan (broken clock, right?), but she is not the one to confront him on this. At least Booker himself has won offices and importance instead of pretending to be a political expert because he was related to a prominent politician.

• Love 9

Years ago I was a nanny in a Richie town.  The public pool there was very nice.  The town right next to it was mostly lower income.  The town pool charged out of town residents triple the price.  Many parents said it was to keep the riffraff out.  It made me so sad.

my grandma had similar expience as Megan.  Her dad threw her in the deep end.  She almost drowned.  She never went in the water again.  Even if we were at the beach she sat far away.  We used to bring her sea water in buckets so she can put her feet in the ocean 😎.   Grandma also made sure all her kids had swim lessons. Two of my cousins are life guards.  

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I wish someone would mock her on SNL so she can see how ridiculous she looks. Then again, she might think she's more important than she is if they did that so never mind.

They won't , though. Not after the Pete Davidson debacle with the veteran. Megs seems to identify as a veteran so no one can make fun of her or it will be disrespectful to the troops.

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Sen Booker seems likable enough - but I'm with Joy. What sets him apart from the others in the field? Long on platitudes, short on specifics. At least he speaks coherently. 

To be fair, all politicians do that.  Booker is indeed very likable.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Omigosh. The big M on Meghan's head. 

Whoopi really put a lot of effort into wearing red. Let's see, there is a red stripe on her sock. 

You know the Cookie Monster's song, "'C' Is for Cookie"? The whole show, I was trying to make, "'M' Is for Moron" work, but the rhyming was more of a challenge than I'm up for on a Friday.

1 hour ago, Tunia said:

Meghan accuses Cory Booker of being inauthentic?   Mmmmmm-k.

I like Cory Booker a lot, but sometimes, he strikes me as too slick and/or self-promoting for his own good. Today was not one of those days. I enjoyed him during his segment on The View. Chris Hayes says something along the lines of -- when considering candidates, pay attention to:

• Who they want to work for
  • What they want to work for
  • Whether you can trust them to do what they say they're going to do

I think it might be on some of the MSNBC ads right now. I'm trying to receive all the Democratic prospects that way (and don't think that's partisan advice anyhow; I'm just partisan). 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Something else I thought about: why is it that Meghan and Abby ask Democrats who come on the show how they’re going to reach middle of America (aka white) voters, but very rarely ask Republican guests how they’re going to reach minority voters? 🤨🧐

I like how you stated this!!   It is true - maybe because minority voters are not seen as important??

• Love 16
1 hour ago, SoapySales said:

Meghan tried to play "gotcha" with Cory Booker. Bwahahaha! Boy, did he make her look small!

I stood there (cleaning my kitchen) and told Meghan, "Cory Booker can have you for lunch before you know you've had  a fork stuck in you."

1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

LOL. I always wanna scream at the tv, "will you just ask the damn question!?" because she takes so long to get her words out and most of the time it doesn't make sense.

"What it's all really amount, mm, it comes down to this, mm, I just need to say, mm"

• Love 17

Does anyone else notice how intense and more pronounced Meghan's vocal fry and up-speak gets when she is trying to ask what she perceives to be a "gotcha" kind of question?  I noticed this today when she was asking questions of Corey Booker.  It happens so frequently - when she's trying to be all "political pundit-y".  It's almost as bad as when she thinks she's being humorous and she starts shrieking.  

2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

She expects him to defend himself based on "SNL did a parody of you!"  

This would have been the perfect time for Joy to shrug and say "So what, who cares?"  

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

YES!  That would have been the perfect retort. 

I think that Joy did make an off-handed comment something like "Well, we've all been parodied on SNL".  I think Meghan rolled her eyes at that.  I don't watch SNL - have they done a recent parody of The View that included Meghan?  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 12
50 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Also, Abby constantly claiming that she’s talked to middle of America voters, including Democrats who voted for Trump, is becoming old. She uses that same story every time.

And she always says they are concerned about the economy.  There are plenty issues other than the economy that people consider when voting.

• Love 15

Well, Corey Booker was a great guest.  He not only answered the questions, and had great segments, but his appearance also cancelled out the Superbowl snacks/food segment that was scheduled.  (Not that I don't enjoy Emeril Lagasse, but I don't enjoy seeing Whoopi eat on TV!!)

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Well, Corey Booker was a great guest.  He not only answered the questions, and had great segments, but his appearance also cancelled out the Superbowl snacks/food segment that was scheduled.  (Not that I don't enjoy Emeril Lagasse, but I don't enjoy seeing Whoopi eat on TV!!)

Thank you NJBCHLOVER!!   Why hasn’t someone told Whoopi not to talk with her mouth full of food yet?  It’s irritating and rude

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:
2 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Whoppi is trying so hard to sound intelligent to Mr. Booker but she comes off sounding like she has a mouth full of rocks.

LOL. I always wanna scream at the tv, "will you just ask the damn question!?" because she takes so long to get her words out and most of the time it doesn't make sense.

it irritates me that she gets annoyed with sunny for taking too long to get to the point because whoopi does it as well

• Love 16

I'm not impressed with this Corey Booker. Sure he's attractive, charming, likable...but, he didn't answer Joy's question. That was an impressive and eloquent non-answer. I was annoyed that he seemed to imply that neither Democrats nor himself had any real power to effect change on that particular issue. Felt dodgy to me.  

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, rollacoaster said:

I'm not impressed with this Corey Booker. Sure he's attractive, charming, likable...but, he didn't answer Joy's question. That was an impressive and eloquent non-answer. I was annoyed that he seemed to imply that neither Democrats nor himself had any real power to effect change on that particular issue. Felt dodgy to me.  

I thought that he answered the question by saying that change comes from the people and not the government; he referenced the civil rights movement and Strom Thurman to emphasize his point. 

• Love 16
36 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I thought that he answered the question by saying that change comes from the people and not the government; he referenced the civil rights movement and Strom Thurman to emphasize his point. 

But Joy wanted specifics about how he and the Dems would remedy the situation on the border. He sidestepped giving any concrete solutions. 

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Haleth said:
45 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

But Joy wanted specifics about how he and the Dems would remedy the situation on the border. He sidestepped giving any concrete solutions. 

Exactly this. And he got kinda of nasty and seemed to try to make Joy look/feel bad for even pushing for a straight answer. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I think that Joy did make an off-handed comment something like "Well, we've all been parodied on SNL".  I think Meghan rolled her eyes at that.  I don't watch SNL - have they done a recent parody of The View that included Meghan?  

No, they have not. But Meghan is practically a parody of herself. SNL works by exaggerating mannerisms and ideas. I'm not sure an exaggerated  Meghan would be any different than what is on The View every day.

• Love 19
21 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

No, they have not. But Meghan is practically a parody of herself. SNL works by exaggerating mannerisms and ideas. I'm not sure an exaggerated  Meghan would be any different than what is on The View every day.

She has proven she has no sense of humor.  If SNL parodied her she would be outraged.  Bring up her dad's death and how she is still grieving. Demand an apology.   Expect the cast member portraying her to be fired.   In other words be the Meghan McCain we know her to be. 

4 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Was there an explanation for that stupid M on MM head?

Yes.  The hair department hates her as much as the  wardrobe department.

• Love 21
56 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

For those wondering about the Spartacus comment:  This is the right wing term for Booker, like the Pocahontas term that they use against Warren.  It derives from a moment during the Kavanagh hearings when Booker said he was going to release documents that the Republicans didn't want released (the Republicans eventually released them), and some Republicans threatened to kick Booker out of the Senate if he released the documents.  Another Democratic Senator (and I can't remember who it was) said if they kicked Booker out, they were going to have to kick him out, too.  And Booker made a joke, saying it reminded him of an "I'm Spartacus" moment.  And somehow that turned into a slur from the right.

Thank you for clarifying. I had no idea what she was talking about and I consider myself pretty well informed.

24 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Was there an explanation for that stupid M on MM head?

She must think she is Matt Groening:

image.png.76f812b4b5d1a54a4e127503c6fd49d5.pngimage.png.bc86a8c4ebf5259a48a4a1b6e42f8344.png

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Corey is magnificent and poor Meggie tried to filet him and bombed as always.  

My love for Cory has grown from way back when Oprah spoke about/ would have him on. ( I was not knee deep and over saturated in politics like now it was pure truly liking the man) please please I’m pleading that we don’t find out he kicks his dog when he gets home.  And Miss Piss Ant  Megnut you insinuating that he's grandstanding / phony is rich. that M is for miserable perfect example that hair and makeup as well as stylist hate her. I had to hunt for a SNL clip of a Cory impression and it was 10seconds not anything like idiot Sarah Palin using her own words numerous times  I also found when her father hosted ( McCain) who did a good job. 

Maybe because I’m in Ca we had to learn to swim in high school and since I had gym at 7:30 in the morning I said I couldn’t swim so I didn’t have to get my hair wet. Before that we swam almost every day at that pool in the summer and I missed any perverts. Was in Kaui a year ago did one attempt at ocean got so beat up didn’t try again except for calm snorkeling trip. 20 years before did it all but fearful of ocean   ( nothing like a pool where you see the other side of the pool and the bottom) 

Giant  Misfit sorry this didn’t get sent so didn’t see the swimming request 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, rcc said:

I was not impressed with Booker. He played to the audience, even to his mother. He never answered Joy's question. He is a politician with a big ego.

If he keeps to his promise not to accept PAC money I will believe he is serious about fixing things. He is rated the third most liberal senator based on his voting record. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

She has proven she has no sense of humor.  If SNL parodied her she would be outraged.  Bring up her dad's death and how she is still grieving. Demand an apology.   Expect the cast member portraying her to be fired.   In other words be the Meghan McCain we know her to be. 

Yes.  The hair department hates her as much as the  wardrobe department.

Do you guys remember when Elizabeth Hasselback had a meltdown over a character with a similar name like hers who was a victim of a crime on  Law&order:SVU.  She thought that she was being single out because she is a conservative.  Megan would have the same reaction if she was spoofed by SNL

• Love 18

I have all five of this week's episodes on my DVR and I've finally gotten to Monday's episode and am half way through.  I just don't have the energy anymore.

SNL did one parody of Meghan that I know of and I think it was before The View.  They had her as a commentator on a political show (Fox, presumably) and she was played by Aidy Bryant.  It was just a split second and you'd miss it if you blinked.  But, as I recall, Meghan was thrilled that she was finally parodied on SNL.  Of course, it was rather innocuous, so she had nothing to complain about.  I do wish they'd do a The View parody now.  Fred Armisen, who has made some spot SNL appearances lately, could play Joy again.  Keenan could play Whoopi again.  I'm thinking Meghan would be offended if they are too hard on her, but you know what would really make her mad?  If SNL parodies The View and leaves her out.  Yeah, just Whoopi, Joy, Sunny, and Abby.  And maybe Ana!  Meghan's head would explode.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Do you guys remember when Elizabeth Hasselback had a meltdown over a character with a similar name like hers who was a victim of a crime on  Law&order:SVU.  She thought that she was being single out because she is a conservative.  Megan would have the same reaction if she was spoofed by SNL

I remember that.   She even called the executive producer. Also she threw a hissy fit when some website put her on a list of women they would like to hate fuck and NOW didn't denounce the list on behalf of Elisabeth.   This is the woman Meghan considers a role model.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I remember that.   She even called the executive producer. Also she threw a hissy fit when some website put her on a list of women they would like to hate fuck and NOW didn't denounce the list on behalf of Elisabeth.   This is the woman Meghan considers a role model.

Don't forget when she crawled on Barbara Walter's lap over that pill and said it was akin to leaving a baby on the side of the road.  I remember how we were all astonished by Elizabeth's meltdown.. Who knew Megan would be the worst ever... I despise Megan and her antics on tweeter have really cemented my contempt for her...What a moron!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Don't forget when she crawled on Barbara Walter's lap over that pill and said it was akin to leaving a baby on the side of the road.  I remember how we were all astonished by Elizabeth's meltdown.. Who knew Megan would be the worst ever... I despise Megan and her antics on tweeter have really cemented my contempt...What a moron!

You are right.   Who would have ever thought a co-host would be worse than Elisabeth?  I thought her comparing marrying a toaster to gay marriage was as bad as it could get and yet here we have Meghan proving me wrong on a daily basis. 

• Love 15

Will Arnett is always great and I love his voice. Lego Batman was the best Batman movie and I can't wait for the Lego Movie 2. The only problem is that as much as I love the Lego movies, the Oscars are incredibly racist to towards them. *sigh* What can you do.

That being said, that was a horrible interview and super unfocused.

Wasn't the chef meant to come today and cook up stuff? Did that happen? I missed the show so I'm watching the YouTube clips, but didn't see him.

I didn't like Cory's answer regarding the children at the border. It came off as a politician type of answer instead of a genuine one.

ps. The Superbowl halftime show isn't the biggest in the world. Come on now.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Wasn't the chef meant to come today and cook up stuff? Did that happen? I missed the show so I'm watching the YouTube clips, but didn't see him.

cory booker wasn't scheduled, he announce his run for presidency this morning

• Love 4
21 hours ago, bannana said:

They almost accidentally drowned me by trapping me under a raft. 

OMFG!

10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Corey is magnificent and poor Meggie tried to filet him and bombed as always.  

Had to work today so am awaiting upload to Hulu.  Can't wait.

10 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan every football game has a halftime.   They do not always include a musical performance. 

Holy hell, even I know that and avoid sports on TV as a rule.

16 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I went to Hawaii and never went in the ocean.  Lol. I did however put my feet in the sand by the ocean. 

Swimming in a pool and swimming in an ocean or lake is completely different.  I love pools but avoid natural bodies of water.  I can't, I just can't.  When we were on our class trip to Florida, someone ran into the ocean and stepped on glass.  That was it for me.

• Love 7