Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/28/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Chris Christie remains a Trump apologist with a heavy sprinkling of "both sides." I learned nothing from this interview except, possibly, more about how Meghan, her husband, and two Republican friends blah blah blah blah blah. 

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Ya know why?  Everything is "way worse," way better, and way more importnat for Meghan.

• Her grief
  • Her stance on abortion
  • Her perceived insults
  • Her grief
  • Her PR
  • Her besties
  • Her country 
  • Her patriotism
  • Her grief
  • Her religious beliefs
  • Et Cet-er-ahhhh...........
  • Her cactus. 
  • Her Arizona.
  • Her dad's campaign.
  • Her "good friends."

Edit: lol @Haleth you beat me to it about her cactus!

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 19
17 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Me too!  My furnace is DONE and I can't get a new one for, get this, 2 - 4 weeks. 

We've had similar (not as bad) episodes with our heat pump(s).  They provide heat and cooling.  Twice over the past 35yrs we've had to call hotels to ask who takes "big dogs" (we always have big dogs).  We'd all spend the night and next day in a hotel because our a/c broke and it was over 90 IN the house.  We're in Meghan's home state...where MORE people have dogs than cacti as pets.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

And the show has gotten higher ratings than even before either Abby or Meghan were on. Maybe executives are attributing this to hosts but I think the real formula here is having diverse opinions and having hot button issues to discuss.

And add to that, all of us unpaid "hawkers" whose comments are appreciated/followed on social media.  Many people who refuse to watch the show come to Previously.TV .

• Dictionary result for hawker
  • /ˈhôkər/
  • noun
  • a person who travels around selling goods, typically advertising them by shouting.
Edited by HaaCHOO
Forgot a a BOLD.
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Ya know why?  Everything is "way worse," way better, and way more importnat for Meghan.

• Her grief
  • Her stance on abortion
  • Her perceived insults
  • Her grief
  • Her PR
  • Her besties
  • Her country 
  • Her patriotism
  • Her grief
  • Her religious beliefs
  • Et Cet-er-ahhhh...........

Did you mention her grief?

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Omg, Whoopi's "go ahead baby" to Meghan drives me nuts. She's said it to Abby and even Sunny here and there but it's almost always towards Meghan. She needs to stop coddling her.

I’m so awful!! Meghan reminds me of Miss Piggy... that eye makeup, the pinks, and over the top florals and of course the obvious.... whenever Whoopi calls her “Babe” .....my mind goes right to that little pig (lightning bolt strikes me) 

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I would love to see Megan try to go up against Star in a debate.  Star would wipe the floor with her, poor Meggie would be reduced to tears.

Love her or hate her, Star does....not suffer fools gladly; she'd fillet Meggie all with a smile and a wink.

I don't get it; if he got weight-loss surgery, why does Christie still look obese?

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Star was like that as well, it is probably the lawyer in them, being well-prepared to question a witness.  I would love to see Megan try to go up against Star in a debate.  Star would wipe the floor with her, poor Meggie would be reduced to tears. I would pay to see that...

The only person Meghan could beat in a debate would be Elisabeth Hasselbeck.  Elisabeth had Bill Geddie to give her the talking points of the day and Meghan has her husband.

• Love 17

Whoopi (Ms Do Your Homework) to Schultz... "can you do an audio version of the book, cuz not everyone can see? Schultz replying that there IS an audio version. PLUS she makes enough money to PAY someone to read it to her (potential job for Alex??)

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, pachebo said:

Whoopi (Ms Do Your Homework) to Schultz... "can you do an audio version of the book, cuz not everyone can see? Schultz replying that there IS an audio version. PLUS she makes enough money to PAY someone to read it to her (potential job for Alex??)

But that was after HS said proceeds of book sales were going to bookmobiles in Brooklyn.  WG said don't forget audio books, meaning for the book mobiles, HS misunderstood and thought she meant an audio version of his book (ego much?!).

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Love her or hate her, Star does....not suffer fools gladly; she'd fillet Meggie all with a smile and a wink.

I don't get it; if he got weight-loss surgery, why does Christie still look obese?

I was going to say maybe it takes a bit of time to begin to see a difference but I googled and saw that he got the surgery in 2014, lol. He has lost a noticeable amount of weight if you look at a before and after shot but looking at him as a guy who had the surgery 4 years ago and still at that size suggests that his surgery is not enough to compensate for poor food choices and/or portions. I'm not sure how possible it is to overeat given the nature of the surgery but it's still possible to eat really poorly...not like the surgery gets rid of all of the sugar and carb cravings. Seems like a waste of money to have put your body through that experience and not commit to a better lifestyle. 

42 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Star was like that as well, it is probably the lawyer in them, being well-prepared to question a witness.  I would love to see Megan try to go up against Star in a debate.  Star would wipe the floor with her, poor Meggie would be reduced to tears. I would pay to see that...

I would pay to see that as well. If there's a petition floating around, pass it my way, lol. Star Jones has an ego on her...or at least that's how I remember her (maybe she's changed since) but there's no questioning her intelligence and ability to carry a point with both clarity and conviction. Sunny is able to do this well but she's far better when speaking about the law and not as effective (imo), when discussing her personal views on certain things like abortion and divorce.  

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Okay Meghan stop turning this into a trip down memory lane when you were on the campaign trail with your dad. You love politics, you're a professional top-notch political analyst in your head, we get it, every single day.

This is like me saying that my father was an electrician and that makes me qualified to wire someone's home because I watched him work a bunch of times. 

For anyone wondering what the end result in this scenario would be, it's this:

giphy.gif

Proximity doesn't equal knowledge, Meghan.

56 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Many, if not most, people who have weight loss surgery will regain much of the weight over time. 

• Love 8

Yep. The bigwigs are surely loving this. They probably see all the complaints about Meghan as a positive thing because it brings ratings and screw us loyal fans who overwhelmingly dislike her, right? Smh.

I do believe part of Meghan's appeal is listening for comebacks from the others. If she were dominating really, she would be smug and people would be bored. For me that is one of the reasons for the addition of Ana.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

She's usually always the only one at the table who appears to have read the books of the guests who come on the show regardless of who it is, which I love about her. 

She adds a great deal from this alone, especially with political books. I always watch when such an author is on, just for Sunny's questions.

• Love 15
15 hours ago, bannana said:

Not an American, but NutMeg said something today about the Repub party and said that it was entrenched and opposite the Dems since the late 1800s.  But I thought it was the opposite, that the Dems were not socially progressive until the mid 1900's.  More importantly, she made it sound like the Repubs have been anti-abortion for more than a century. I recall seeing a documentary that outlined how some political operator convinced the Repubs to latch onto to the abortion issue as their way to stand out.  This was in the 1970s'ish.  So her view that Repub = anti-abortion is not completely accurate.  This is my understanding, anyone else know about this?

Yes to our non-American friend, @bannana, you are correct.  Side note:  Oh Canada.......................

2 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

"What he said about MY father was way worse (than what he said to you)" - Megs to Chris Christie about Trump's take on bridgegate.

I flipped off the TV.

3 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

WTF is Megs talking about? "It's very clean, there's a winner and a loser. Its very clean, I love it"! Yeah, those "hanging chads" were really clean.

I know, right?

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

This is like me saying that my father was an electrician and that makes me qualified to wire someone's home because I watched him work a bunch of times. 

For anyone wondering what the end result in this scenario would be, it's this:

giphy.gif

Proximity doesn't equal knowledge, Meghan.

My father was an electrician too and would do wiring stuff for anyone who needed it.  My sister was caught, back in the early 70s, with an electric razor plugged in and sitting in the bathtub.  My dad was all, "why, why?, as he used a wooden bat to unplug the razor.  [I realize that is one messed up sentence, I never learned sentence structure involving quotes]

1 hour ago, pachebo said:

she makes enough money to PAY someone to read it to her (potential job for Alex??)

ROFLMAO - good one!

With Whoppi's money she could well-afford to send/have sent her daughter to a great college.  I don't get it.

She's usually always the only one at the table who appears to have read the books of the guests who come on the show regardless of who it is, which I love about her. 

I love this about Sunny.  She had pages marked and notes.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

I would pay to see that as well. If there's a petition floating around, pass it my way, lol. Star Jones has an ego on her...or at least that's how I remember her (maybe she's changed since) but there's no questioning her intelligence and ability to carry a point with both clarity and conviction. Sunny is able to do this well but she's far better when speaking about the law and not as effective (imo), when discussing her personal views on certain things like abortion and divorce.  

Star did indeed have quite an ego. But in this day and age where complete morons have huge egos and think they are far more capable, erudite and important than they are, Star had the intelligence and education to support her ego. I always enjoy listening to intelligent people give their viewpoint--even if I don't agree with it. I hate listening to people who just think they are intelligent give their views! There's a reason people have always said I don't suffer fools lightly! Some people and guests on this show would fall into that "fools" category for me.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Okay, I'm kind of weird (maybe not) but I watch a lot of crime documentaries, especially ones about serial killers. I can't look at any of them - Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Scott Peterson - with any ounce of attraction and maybe that's because I know so much about their heinous, diabolical crimes. 

That being said, I do want to see the Ted Bundy movie.

You're not the only one.  If you "like" crime, try WebSleuths.com forums. I get lost for hours there discussing this kind of stuff.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Because there are ways to cheat even though you had the surgery..I found this out personally...unfortunately. Food addiction is no joke.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Food addiction is no joke.

Don't I know it!  I'll have Barilla boxes in my coffin, along with the ashes of my kitties.  Sorry for what happened to you.

As for Whoopi yelling at Sunny to let CC finish, eh....for me she was getting annoying with all the posturing, just ask the damned question.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Okay, I'm kind of weird (maybe not) but I watch a lot of crime documentaries, especially ones about serial killers. I can't look at any of them - Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Scott Peterson - with any ounce of attraction and maybe that's because I know so much about their heinous, diabolical crimes. 

That being said, I do want to see the Ted Bundy movie.

Not weird at all! "The Stranger Beside Me" by Ann Rule is an essential true crime book about Bundy.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

At least Chris Christy was honest.  He said he endorsed Trump because he knew he was going to win.  

There's something about that statement of his that

disgusts me. smh

Edited by longobongo
Left a word out--hopefully it now makes sense
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, pachebo said:

She also could pay for someone to slap unhealthy food right out of her hand. 😂

(I wish I had enough money to do this)

• Love 3

When Chris Christy said Mitt Romney didn't come to survey the damage of Hurricane Sandy Joy said it was because he didn't want to alienate Republicans.  I disagree.  I think Romney didn't go because he knew he wasn't going to win NJ.

And as much as I don't like Christy his appearance on the View didn't make me stabby.

6 minutes ago, longobongo said:
37 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

At least Chris Christy was honest.  He said he endorsed Trump because he knew he was going to win.  

There's something about that statement of his that

disgusts me. smh

Edited 3 minutes ago by longobongo. Reason: Left a word out--hopefully it now makes sense

Oh yeah. It makes him an opportunist who only cared about winning.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

True, but, he also wanted to elevate himself as well.  He was so entitled when he was saying that he did not get what he wanted from him.   I feel that he left out his real reasons for refusing the jobs that he was offered. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

True, but, he also wanted to elevate himself as well.  He was so entitled when he was saying that he did not get what he wanted from him.   I feel that he left out his real reasons for refusing the jobs that he was offered. 

Christy also thought he could control Trump and lead him to a better way.  See how well that turned out.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Don't I know it!  I'll have Barilla boxes in my coffin, along with the ashes of my kitties.  Sorry for what happened to you.

As for Whoopi yelling at Sunny to let CC finish, eh....for me she was getting annoying with all the posturing, just ask the damned question.

It might be why Whoopi gets impatient with her. I say this not being a Whoopi fan as moderator but I get her sometimes when Sunny postures.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JakeyJokes said:

Not weird at all! "The Stranger Beside Me" by Ann Rule is an essential true crime book about Bundy.

That book and Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood" started me on the wonderful path to true crime.  Reading, not performing (yet).

4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:
4 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Because he is obese Blanche!  Weight loss surgery only works if you don't shovel food in your fat face.

I noticed that he didn't walk out; he was at the table when we came back from commercial.   I notice that a lot about their heavier guests AND the old...who are fine and sparkly at the table but (perhaps) a bit too doddering to walk out.  They can make it, but their "people" don't want us to see how really frail they are.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 7

Well, well, well.  Thank you, Gov. Christie, for stealing the title from me. This was planned for upcoming Meghan's biography.  I must say!

ChristiesBook.thumb.jpg.103ef0003d11550d890c63223be178f5.jpg

Edited by HaaCHOO
a comma
  • Love 17

My Dish DVR obviously hates MM too. It didn't record the show again today even though I had overrid it specifically so it would record (I thought)😡

15 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I noticed that he didn't walk out; he was at the table when we came back from commercial.   I notice that a lot about their heavier guests AND the old...who are fine and sparkly at the table but (perhaps) a bit too doddering to walk out.  They can do it, but theis "people" don't want us to see how really frail they are.

I wish they would do this for all the guests. All that fake kissing is such a time waster.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Jewell2 said:

I’m so awful!! Meghan reminds me of Miss Piggy... that eye makeup, the pinks, and over the top florals and of course the obvious.... whenever Whoopi calls her “Babe” .....my mind goes right to that little pig (lightning bolt strikes me) 

DON'T YOU DARE INSULT MISS PIGGY!

;)

• Love 20
19 hours ago, bannana said:

Not an American, but NutMeg said something today about the Repub party and said that it was entrenched and opposite the Dems since the late 1800s.  But I thought it was the opposite, that the Dems were not socially progressive until the mid 1900's.  More importantly, she made it sound like the Repubs have been anti-abortion for more than a century. I recall seeing a documentary that outlined how some political operator convinced the Repubs to latch onto to the abortion issue as their way to stand out.  This was in the 1970s'ish.  So her view that Repub = anti-abortion is not completely accurate.  This is my understanding, anyone else know about this?

H. W. Bush changed his stance from pro-choice to pro-life to become Reagan's running mate.  It's said that Barbara privately remained pro-choice.

• Love 14