Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/28/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, OnTime said:

Gosh, Abby slow it down!

Why is she talking so fast, as if she will never get a chance to speak again??

Sorry...I haven't been keeping up with my reporting.   Is this Week 5 of coaching?  An expert was brought in this week to help Abby.  She's a pundint, a political analyst, and has been in politics all her life.  She's modest so prefers to remain anonymous.  This week's lesson for Abby: Speed Up that Doublespeak.  Talk faster than you think is possible and keep it up.  Do not allow yourself to be interrupted.  This is not an easy lesson, so your mentor will take you to her home state via private jet to work on this for one week...and also convince you that her state is nothing to joke about!

• Love 14

no that it's surprising - but Meghan whining about the stupid litter box joke - stop the madness. Shoot, I grew up in Wisconsin - endless cheese jokes - those foam cheese heads frequently seen at Packer games were an answer to being joked about. Who cares. Also a flyover state. So. What. Meghan. It was a nonsense joke - you're giving it attention... but of course you are - because then you get attention. Pffft. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

I reluctantly tuned in and only made it to where Meghan starts yelling at Abby before I turned it off.  And I barely made it that far because I didn't think I would get through all of her "But can I just say something?"  "Wait - can I just say one more thing?"  "But wait, I need to say something!"  She was on fire with those.  I think she has finally killed this show for me.  Because I feel like watching is just an exercise in futility that I no longer wish to participate in.  Beating a dead horse x 1000.  Every day is just lather, rinse, repeat. 

Not to mention she she shut Joy down  with let me say something else before the jokes start up. Screw you. 

Joy should have said why does she get a clip then show one on New York  

i don’t have the energy to tweet her about being a snowflake tough girl. 

• Love 17
5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

my Dish Network DVR did not record The View today, and is seeing all this week's episodes as reruns. 

I just found that out too! I will have to go and restore the timers one by one. Argh!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes, I did for the rest of the week.  This is the first time the DVR has done this, it is skipping the whole week because it comes up as reruns.   I posted that in case anyone else was getting the show on their DVR this week.   

That was happening with U-Verse DVRs a few weeks ago for multiple shows. It drove me crazy. I didn't bother calling since their overseas tech support people would have no idea what I meant. There were some posts about it on their support board though. Honestly though this week of guest seem like duds for the most part with the exception of Friday maybe.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SuzieSioux said:

I thought it was interesting that Meghan was rambling on today about being a conservative first, before a Republican. Wasn't she criticising Ana for something similar months back?

Yes.   She pretty much told Ana she wasn't a real Republican anymore.  Meghan isn't known for her consistency.   She is however known for doing whatever takes to get media coverage.   She sees all these other Republicans denouncing the Trump wing of the party and getting media attention so she decides to do it too.  My question is did she come to the decision all on her own or was it written on her blue cards?

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

Sunny is wearing baby shit brown lipstick and Meghan is wearing a cowbell. Very distracting. 

I actually really liked Meghan and Sunny’s outfits today. Yes, I am an “autumn.” And I also love chunky jewelry, so I missed the “cowbell” necklace when MM took it off. Now, if we could just get her to stop talking......

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Tosia said:

Born and raised in Nebraska.......we're too boring to have jokes about us.  

My grandpa loved living in Nebraska.  He only moved back east because they missed their grandchildren.  

The only thing Megan and the senator are doing is making it look like people from Arizona don’t have a sense of humor. 

I think Abby is talking fast so she can get her thoughts in before Megan starts in again. 

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

I'm considering donating a bag of kitty litter to our local shelter in Meghan's name along with a request that the shelter send a thank you tweet to Meg's Twitter.

Lol!  Do it, do it, do it, do it

• Love 17

I thought Meghan looked very nice today, and, overall, was fairly calm, reasonable, and articulate. 

The guest was talking out of both sides of his mouth. I was sincerely shocked when he brought up Jesus. I can't stand the type of person who, when challenged about their BS behavior, suddenly goes all "Only Christ can judge my heart."

• Love 18
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Yes.   She pretty much told Ana she wasn't a real Republican anymore.  Meghan isn't known for her consistency.   She is however known for doing whatever takes to get media coverage.   She sees all these other Republicans denouncing the Trump wing of the party and getting media attention so she decides to do it too.  My question is did she come to the decision all on her own or was it written on her blue cards?

Blue cards or it didn't happen, dang it! 

5 hours ago, Zahdii said:

I'm considering donating a bag of kitty litter to our local shelter in Meghan's name along with a request that the shelter send a thank you tweet to Meg's Twitter.

tenor.gif?itemid=6081424

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Zahdii said:

DO IT!  See above.

Groans..........................just stopped by to say that a long with all the negatives about MM my brother walks in and says, "She is such a name dropper, ugh".  She is a name dropper!

I was intrigued about the guest.  He was talking out of both sides of his mouth and the whole Jesus thing at the end was stunning.  I won't buy his book but I might borrow it from the library.  Just him outing Kelly Ann has me sold.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

I thought Meghan looked very nice today, and, overall, was fairly calm, reasonable, and articulate. 

See...that's what happens when her tank is full.  Wasn't she on (3) different TV shows over the weekend?  Of course, there aren't enough shows that interested to keep her busy every weekend.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, bannana said:

Whoopi clearly doesn't watch the Friday episodes cause she needed Joy to explain what happened.

Whoopi barely bothers to keep up Mon.-Thurs. when she is sitting there on the show, so..  you know, the thing is, you know... it doesn't surprise me that she doesn't bother to watch when she isn't being paid/obligated to.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 23

It was kind of good Whoopie asked about Fridays show.  A lot of it was interrupted for some news and I never heard what Anna or Colin said. 

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if cat shelters everywhere got donations of kitty litter in megs name 😂 

• Love 12

I thought I may buy Sims' book. After hearing him on this show , NOPE. As mentioned twice above, I agree, he was talking out of both sides of his mouth.. It was odd considering the title of the book. Also, what he was saying sounded scripted and stilted to me.

MM  looked less puffy in the face

I happen to love Joy's jokes and tune in to hear them, so MM can shut it.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, tribeca said:

It was kind of good Whoopie asked about Fridays show.  A lot of it was interrupted for some news and I never heard what Anna or Colin said. 

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if cat shelters everywhere got donations of kitty litter in megs name 😂 

Collin made the litter box joke, then during the pet segment Ana said "See, AZ is a litter box and the cactus are the cats." It was funny and tied into what happened in the previous segment.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

you know, the thing is, you know

You forgot a variation of the thing is - see, here's the thing...

Lol I heard her voice as I was reading this. Also the somewhat awkward pause she makes before getting to her point.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

You forgot a variation of the thing is - see, here's the thing...

Lol I heard her voice as I was reading this. Also the somewhat awkward pause she makes before getting to her point.

Also-poop or gas will be mentioned or her sagging breasts.

• Love 4

Happy Tuesday

• Well even before I started watching I knew Elsa would come out with that fake smile of hers, ugly outfits which maybe on some people would not be so bad if they were not people but on her just highlight how awful she is and attitude that says I know I can do whatever I want because ABC thinks all the viewers comments against me are good for the show cause that means they are watching so therefore I am the queen of the show - ABC by keeping you may think that but the viewers know you are as awful of a person as has ever been on this show
  • Abby says she wants stability and sits just like her "BFF" tries to come across as so sweet blah blah anyways if she wants stability she needs to talk to her daddy dearest and say why the F are you Russian Ambassador and as "Mormon" working for a man who is trying to destroy this country and as a god fearing man at that - I do not for a minute buy that you would vote Democrat if the person would bring stability - there is as much chance of that as me seeing 80 degrees tomorrow - FYI I live in Michigan 
  • Looking at Elsa outfit again makes me realize why her and Whoopi get along so well they dress as ugly as Elsa man in the house is
  • Not in even 10 minutes in and she already cuts off Joy
  • Shocking Whoopi actually cut off the Princess - well hell might be freezing over although not that mean as she does with Sunny
  • Ugh Ugh Ugh this conversation is about the iconic Barbara Smith - why can't Elsa just say she would go to Barbara Smith's restaurant and not add that she and her dad would go and why can she not bring up her dad again and reference his cancer - we know you remind us almost everyday he is your daddy and had cancer (Sunny did the right thing because her grandmother had Alzheimers) - why why why oh why can Elsa not bring her dad into a conversation everyday - We all know why - NARCISSIM and without her Daddy she would not have had a job at Fox and have hijacked this Show that is why
  • Of course she is friends with some country singer - she has more friends then anyone, Elsa is so that person who believes those 1000 friends on Facebook are true friends - you do not have friends and if they are your friends none would want them because I am sure they are as superficial and narcissitic and only kiss your ... like Van Jones does
  • On a different note there is now a thread for The Real on this site  - a show where you can have political discussions and be respectful and where the co hosts actually really are friends.  Thanks CheezyXExpressed

Have a great day and stay warm!

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

BTW did anybody hear what source Meghan got those statistics about medicare for all from? The stats I've seen are much different.

It was either an HMO or an insurance company.  I forget which but thought duh!  Of course they won't publish a report that shows a favorable view of the ACA.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan: I totally disagree with that

Whoopi: I get it. And THAT is why it's called The View.

Boom!

BTW did anybody hear what source Meghan got those statistics about medicare for all from? The stats I've seen are much different.

If only Whoopi reacted like this every day . . . That's what Meghan gets for implying that Sen. Harris is going to lose just because Meghan disagrees with her.

Meghan's stats were from Kaiser Family foundation but let's not forget that the number in favor is still 56% even with the negative add-ons.

• Love 12

Well, at least all the ladies seem very skeptical (and rightfully so) of Howard Schultz.

If he does run, I say congrats America - Trump will almost certainly be President for 4 more years. Perhaps I'm being cynical or dramatic but history has already written this book and we know how it ends.

As I said yesterday, he can go fuck right off if he decides to run. 

• Love 22

Joy's not afraid to tell the truth:

"No one wants to see you(Schultz) run more than him(Trump)"

It's a good thing that the guy has zero charisma.

Oops sorry. Alexis beat me to it.

I think that's going to be a takeaway from today's show and not anything Megs said.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 15
8 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Well, at least all the ladies seem very skeptical (and rightfully so) of Howard Schultz.

If he does run, I say congrats America - Trump will almost certainly be President for 4 more years. Perhaps I'm being cynical or dramatic but history has already written this book and we know how it ends.

As I said yesterday, he can go fuck right off if he decides to run. 

3 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Joy's not afraid to tell the truth:

"No one wants to see you(Schultz) run more than him(Trump)"

It's a good thing that the guy has zero charisma.

I don't think he gets far.  He will have the entire Democratic party working against him.  Bernie Sanders had a grassroots effort working for him.  I don't see Schultz inspiring that kind of following.  And not only does he have no charisma he comes across as very unlikable.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

So Meghan's conservatism is so important to her that it defines her, but when people of color and women say that their experiences define them politically, it's "identity politics" and we should move past that. Am I correct?

Yes.  Hypocrisy my name is Meghan.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

So Meghan's conservatism is so important to her that it defines her, but when people of color and women say that their experiences define them politically, it's "identity politics" and we should move past that. Am I correct?

Does Megan even know what "identity politics" means? She repeats these talking points that are written in her blue cards and has no idea what she is saying. She is incapable of having a conversation on the fly without her blue cards..

• Love 13

I wondered why they had Schultz on the show. I didn't  like him and it seemed neither did the hosts

I agreed with Whoopi (what?) that I wouldnt want to be seen on tv suffering with that disease or any disease.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

Meghan's stats were from Kaiser Family foundation but let's not forget that the number in favor is still 56% even with the negative add-ons.

Of course Meghan would quote that poll.  It fits her narrative.  It's easy to change someone's opinion of something by telling them all the negative things that  could happen.  It's like asking people if they are in favor of gun control and they say yes.  And then you say well what if your guns were confiscated.  Of course their opinion will change.

• Love 13
19 hours ago, falltime said:

"but then it was repeated by non-comedians..."   this tough chick really got butt hurt

It would be lovely if on Friday, Ana would bring this up, commenting on how once again it was a joke.

• Love 8