Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/28/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Just now, blondiec0332 said:

WTF does a bartender over serving someone have anything to do with celebs being paid to endorse or promote events they aren't actually going to attend?

I wondered the same thing

• Love 2

Schultz sounded a lot like Trump.  "Only I can come in and save the day" when Sunny asked him why he didn't run for Mayor or Governor first.  While I agree with him that the Oval Office needs to have dignity restored to it there are a lot of dignified politicians currently in office.  They all aren't disingenuous which seemed to be Schultz's word of the day.

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

WTF does a bartender over serving someone have anything to do with celebs being paid to endorse or promote events they aren't actually going to attend?

Whoopi has a strange way of connecting the dots.  Her thoughts fascinate me at times. 

Megan really would not let the coffee guy answer a question. 

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 10

The more I watch this show and listen to the "facts" listed on Meghan's blue cards I wonder who is supplying these "facts" and statistics to her. I'm guessing she does not actually do the research on the issues (nor do any of the other hosts). But the things that Meghan quotes are often from very right-leaning sources that are not always considered reliable sources. I feel like we are all being played by whoever is doing the right-leaning "research" on this show. Facts should not be subjective by definition. I took a lot of statistic courses in college eons ago. I had a professor who always said you can make statistics show anything you want depending on how the data is collected and interpreted--so be very careful.  I think if The View is going to quote poll numbers and results they should be made to say where they are getting their numbers from. At least we could look at their sources ourselves if we were so inclined.

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I just finished watching the first segment of today's episode and I'm seriously considering whether I should stop watching The View for good because I hate Meghan McCain so much.

Try it. You'll like it.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, ari333 said:

I happen to love Joy's jokes and tune in to hear them, so MM can shut it.

Does MM have ANY IDEA why Joy was hired in the first place?  Her claim to fame was comedy!  It's been working for almost 20 years.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 18
54 minutes ago, longobongo said:

I'm guessing she does not actually do the research on the issues (nor do any of the other hosts). But the things that Meghan quotes are often from very right-leaning sources that are not always considered reliable sources.

A "very right-leaning source" shares a mattress with her.  A very high end, large, and comfortable mattress, of course.

• Love 18

Even the very talented Steve Schmidt is going to have a hard time putting a good face on Schultz' disastrous appearance on the show today. He seemed so out of touch with most Americans, those not in the top 1%, siding instead with the ultra wealthy and the corporate elite. Kinda reminiscent of Wilbur Ross' tone deaf response to the furloughed federal workers. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 16
42 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I just finished watching the first segment of today's episode and I'm seriously considering whether I should stop watching The View for good because I hate Meghan McCain so much.

Join us. Walk toward the bright light. 

20190129_150012.png

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Love 16
39 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

You are me yesterday.  Today was Day #1 of the break-up for me.  And my morning was much more enjoyable sans Meghan McCain. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

But for me, my main concern, is that I do not know if B. Smith would have agreed to be filmed and have it put out to the masses.

My problem was that Sunny believed having the girlfriend was disrespectful.  I agree that filming and distributing is extremely hurtful to B. Smith's friends/family/admirers.  Someone also needed to let him know how to say things so he wouldn't have such backlash.  "I'm feeling great," IS sickening.  We need to know more background.  

I have seen the many stages of Alzheimer's and wonder if there was any discussion/permission given for this video (which I haven't seen).  As the illness progresses, the ill person won't even physically resemble what friends/family remember. I think it's important for us to see the deterioration, but perhaps not in a public figure.   Most of the time humans can accept very difficult circumstances if they have an idea of what it's like.  This video could have provided that service--but perhaps wasn't done correctly.  I'm sure we'll learn more.

• Love 13

Here's another common occurrence with Alzheimer's patients...and other older people who need full-time caretakers.  Sometimes the caretaker (unknown until hired) and the healthy spouse end up in romantic entanglements.   Sadness, care, sympathy, empathy, exhaustion, depression, need, cooperating in the hardest work...tend to bring people closer.

Edited by HaaCHOO
added the "unknown" bit
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

2 hours ago, suomi said:

Try it. You'll like it.

Ditto. 😊

• Love 4
7 hours ago, 1SimonMom said:

there is as much chance of that as me seeing 80 degrees tomorrow - FYI I live in Michigan 

Me too!  My furnace is DONE and I can't get a new one for, get this, 2 - 4 weeks.  This is why you don't buy an older house people.  Sorry for whining.  Back to the show.......

If I hear MM say one more time that she is a political this or that I will fly to NY and shake my finger at her.  She can say it all she wants but she is not what she thinks she is.  She is just a shill and is being used.  IDIOT!

• Love 17
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

My problem was that Sunny believed having the girlfriend was disrespectful.  I agree that filming and distributing is extremely hurtful to B. Smith's friends/family/admirers.  Someone also needed to let him know how to say things so he wouldn't have such backlash.  "I'm feeling great," IS sickening.  We need to know more background.  

I thought I heard Sunny say having the girlfriend in the home and caring for his wife was disrespectful.  She said something along the lines of it should be kept separate.   She did not label the him having a girlfriend as disrespectful.  Which actually kind of surprised me knowing Sunny's strong feelings about marriage and fidelity.   I think Sunny knowing B. Smith and her husband personally also played a part in her opinion.  

Like others, I also found Shultz a bit underwhelming.  Although I did appreciate him telling MM not to put words in his mouth, as she tried to pull one of her gotcha filet knife moves.

• Love 17
58 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I thought I heard Sunny say having the girlfriend in the home and caring for his wife was disrespectful. 

You're right, After7Only, Sunny said this, "Very disrespectful that he is with his wife and disrespecting her by being with her in their home."   My thoughts are the same and I should have worded things better.  When can Barbara's husband and his girlfriend spend time together if NOT in the family home?  Barbara requires care (most likely) 'round the clock.  Having a team available makes things so much easier.  It's so difficult to schedule tim away from situations like this.  Feeling that one's alone and isolated is one of the main difficulties of caretakers.  Her husband knows if Barbara is aware enough to be upset by this "unusual" situation.  He may have entered into the relationship, but I doubt if he would have broadcast it if he thought Barbara would be hurt or embarrassed at all.  Also, no one talks about how difficult things are for "the other woman."  Think of the help she provides--it can't be easy.  She can walk away easily.

I'd like to know how old Sunny was when her grandmother began living with her family and how much she was involved (physically) in her care.

• Love 10

Not an American, but NutMeg said something today about the Repub party and said that it was entrenched and opposite the Dems since the late 1800s.  But I thought it was the opposite, that the Dems were not socially progressive until the mid 1900's.  More importantly, she made it sound like the Repubs have been anti-abortion for more than a century. I recall seeing a documentary that outlined how some political operator convinced the Repubs to latch onto to the abortion issue as their way to stand out.  This was in the 1970s'ish.  So her view that Repub = anti-abortion is not completely accurate.  This is my understanding, anyone else know about this?

• Love 11

I’ve been busy today, but I did see the show this morning. I haven't had time to read all the wonderful posts here, just wanted to say I’m glad Joy pushed back on Meghan’s rancid bullshit re: Hillary. Then the brat had the gall to say, “Let’s not re-litigate this again!” Bitch, you were the one who started re-litigating it.

Other than that, all I can say is Schultz is full of shit.

• Love 23
11 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan and Abby shared this on their social media accounts.

I wonder how many of those viewers are "hate-watching" or "watching-watching".  To the producers and ABC, it doesn't matter - they're getting the viewers and the ratings, but these viewer numbers can only tell us one thing - Meghan is not going anywhere any time soon, unfortunately.  

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I wonder how many of those viewers are "hate-watching" or "watching-watching".  To the producers and ABC, it doesn't matter - they're getting the viewers and the ratings, but these viewer numbers can only tell us one thing - Meghan is not going anywhere any time soon, unfortunately.  

Yep. The bigwigs are surely loving this. They probably see all the complaints about Meghan as a positive thing because it brings ratings and screw us loyal fans who overwhelmingly dislike her, right? Smh.

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Well the numbers more than anything, to me, suggest that viewership is likely more aligned with real-time events and not aligned specifically with the hosts. Big political events in real-time may make some viewers more likely to tune in to see how it's discussed. These are not consistent numbers, otherwise, they wouldn't be talking about how it's taken them over 1.5 years to hit that 3M viewer total again. And the show has gotten higher ratings than even before either Abby or Meghan were on. Maybe executives are attributing this to hosts but I think the real formula here is having diverse opinions and having hot button issues to discuss. It doesn't have to be Meghan or Abby there...doesn't even have to be Sunny there.

• Love 11

Okay, I'm kind of weird (maybe not) but I watch a lot of crime documentaries, especially ones about serial killers. I can't look at any of them - Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Scott Peterson - with any ounce of attraction and maybe that's because I know so much about their heinous, diabolical crimes. 

That being said, I do want to see the Ted Bundy movie.

• Love 11
On 1/28/2019 at 2:29 PM, CynicalGirl said:

Good grief. As Joy TRIED to explain (but was drowned out, as usual), Colin Quinn (a comedian) had a joke for EVERY State, and his show is called Red State, Blue State. It's not like Arizona was singled out and bashed, damaging the exalted McCain name. She is so ridiculous, 3 days later still defending what everyone else has already forgotten as a throwaway joke. 

And lest we forget, she asked what  he had to say about AZ. He wasn't going to say anything.  Or am I remembering that wrong?

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I'm amazed there was NO mention of the attack on Jussie Smollett!!!

I think probably because there has been, so far, no corroboration for Jussie's story. Chicago police have been through many private security cameras and can find nothing but Jussie standing alone (see CNN).

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Did you guys know that Megan loves politics? 

Word of the day is buoy. I guess Megan is reading the dictionary before she comes on the show. 

Gròoooooooan.  We're only at the Bs

• Love 11