Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 1/28/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

"What he said about MY father was way worse (than what he said to you)" - Megs to Chris Christie about Trump's take on bridgegate.

does she differentiate between saying something TO someone, and saying it ABOUT them?  

trump apologized for a disagreement with Christie.  If trump was going to apologize for saying things behind someone's back, like Meghan wants,  he wouldn't have time for anything but apologies. 

Dish Network STILL won't record The View this week.  I even set the DVR to record both new and repeats.   I bet Meghan pissed off the Dish Network, they're MAKING me boycott the show. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

does she differentiate between saying something TO someone, and saying it ABOUT them?  

trump apologized for a disagreement with Christie.  If trump was going to apologize for saying things behind someone's back, he wouldn't have time for anything but apologies. 

And Meghan isn't the one due the apology. 

• Love 14
56 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I beg your pardon, but as her father's sole living family member, she certainly is!

***Need I add the sarcasm font?

This made me literally LOL.  Someone who only knew Meghan through her tweets or her View hosting they would think that. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Well, well, well.  Thank you, Gov. Christie, for stealing the title from me. This was planned for upcoming Meghan's biography.  I must say! 

"I'M STILL TALKING!" is still available

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I wish they would do this for all the guests. All that fake kissing is such a time waster.

Me too!   Of course, the producers would then be required to add actual content to make up those minutes.   Or maybe one more deal in View Your Deal.

• Love 8

I’ve also noticed they rarely show her greeting guests not of ‘her tribe’. The camera deliberately cuts to an almost stock audience shot   Likely in her contract so she’s never in a compromising ‘Obama Christie’ love fest photo etc debacle   

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Dahlia said:

I’ve also noticed they rarely show her greeting guests not of ‘her tribe’. The camera deliberately cuts to an almost stock audience shot   Likely in her contract so she’s never in a compromising ‘Obama Christie’ love fest photo etc debacle   

I particularly noticed that yesterday and wondered why. I'll bet you're right. What sort of McCain political future is she planning?

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Dahlia said:

Or maybe certain guests aren't too fond of Meghan and decline to shake her hand.  I remember after the Rose/Elisabeth split screen Alicia Silverstone was a guest and she just breezed right by EH without a hug or anything.  Good times.

• Love 16
20 hours ago, longobongo said:

Star did indeed have quite an ego. But in this day and age where complete morons have huge egos and think they are far more capable, erudite and important than they are, Star had the intelligence and education to support her ego. I always enjoy listening to intelligent people give their viewpoint--even if I don't agree with it. I hate listening to people who just think they are intelligent give their views! There's a reason people have always said I don't suffer fools lightly! Some people and guests on this show would fall into that "fools" category for me.

I agree completely. I can listen to someone speak opposing to my views all day if they do so intelligently and make fair points to support their opinions rather than misrepresenting information in order to make their views seem 'right'.  Even if you don't change your mind from listening to someone like that, you can at least learn and appreciate your differences in experiences and beliefs and come out feeling like the experience was productive.

• Love 18
Just now, Haleth said:

Almost got thru an interview without Meghan mentioning her father. It's not about you, Meghan!

Of course it is....didn't you know that no one can have sympathy for someone losing a parent or loved one, unless they have lost a loved one, as well?  

I will say (I know - I'm sorry....) that Meghan seemed to treat Mayor Buttigieg with a lot of respect and had no "gotcha" or "filleting" questions.  I thought it was insulting, however, that she called him an "interesting Democrat".....why couldn't she just say that he is an interesting person - again, she only sees people as their political parties - no other identity!  

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I know we all have things we love to hate about Meghan (everything....?), but today really kind of put the icing on the cake for me.  When Whoopi was thanking the audience for standing out in the cold in NY and coming out to see the show - the rest of the hosts were agreeing with her and smiling at the audience, in thanks.  And, there sat Meghan, resting bitch face in place, staring down at her blue cards and making notes.  She never once acknowledged the audience.  She just proved yet again, what a selfish, condescending woman she really is, and I thought it was so rude of her.

She finally commented about how cold she was, and how she prefers 120 degrees in Arizona to this.  Again, turning the conversation back to her.

I remember Barbara Walters telling the studio audience thank you for coming when the weather was really bad and then said we wouldn't have done the same for you.  Must be something about that seat at the table that makes the women bitches.

• Love 14

I am sorry I was not going to post but Elsa can you not just say you are sorry about his father and not bring up your dad.  Everyone knows who your daddy was and you will never let us forget who your daddywas  but when someone has just lost their father a couple days ago DO NOT MAKE IT ABOUT YOU - MAKE IT ABOUT THE PERSON THAT JUST LOST A LOVED ONE.  She continues to reinforce my belief that she and 45 are identical twins me me me

By the way I almost threw up when the Mayor is polite to say something as much as I do not like that, he was being polite so ELSA be respectful to others and learn that the WORLD does not revolve around - F .... Narcisst

Wardrobe continues to remind us they really hate her or maybe she deep down hates herself - nah!

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I thought it was insulting, however, that she called him an "interesting Democrat".....why couldn't she just say that he is an interesting person - again, she only sees people as their political parties - no other identity!  

That jumped out to me as well. Why paint him as an "interesting Democrat"? Her entire identity is wrapped up in politics. She needs to get a life.

• Love 16
17 hours ago, AdeleDazeem said:
23 hours ago, Jewell2 said:

I’m so awful!! Meghan reminds me of Miss Piggy... that eye makeup, the pinks, and over the top florals and of course the obvious.... whenever Whoopi calls her “Babe” .....my mind goes right to that little pig (lightning bolt strikes me) 

DON'T YOU DARE INSULT MISS PIGGY!

Ms. Piggy.jpg

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

That jumped out to me as well. Why paint him as an "interesting Democrat"? Her entire identity is wrapped up in politics. She needs to get a life.

It was condescending of her to say that.  I think that Megan did not  go after the mayor because he is a veteran.  She sees herself in him like a typical narcissist..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

Because Meghan has no other interest in people - such a sorry life if you can only relate to people based on their political beliefs.  

I have many friends, and although I have an idea of their political leanings, I don't know for sure.  It's not the first question I ask when I'm meeting someone and getting to know them. (In fact, it's a question that I don't ever ask!!)

I think Meghan would like it if everyone wore an "R", "D" or "I" on their chests, so she would know who she's dealing with at all times.  

• Love 14
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

It was condescending of to say that.  I think that Megan did not after the mayor because he is a veteran.  She sees herself in him like a typical narcissist..

I'm sure it killed her inside that he's a veteran who happens to be a Democrat. Throws a wrench in her whole "only the right is for the military" thing.

1 minute ago, njbchlover said:

Because Meghan has no other interest in people - such a sorry life if you can only relate to people based on their political beliefs.  

I have many friends, and although I have an idea of their political leanings, I don't know for sure.  It's not the first question I ask when I'm meeting someone and getting to know them. (In fact, it's a question that I don't ever ask!!)

I think Meghan would like it if everyone wore an "R", "D" or "I" on their chests, so she would know who she's dealing with at all times.  

Absolutely this! 

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

have many friends, and although I have an idea of their political leanings, I don't know for sure.  It's not the first question I ask when I'm meeting someone and getting to know them. (In fact, it's a question that I don't ever ask!!)

I can totally see Meghan introducing herself to someone as "Hello I'm Meghan McCain Republican and you are?" Me: "I'm Susan" Meghan: "And??????"

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 11

Huh, watching them talk about the BTK killer's daughter.  The daughter said she and her mother would tell the police if they knew. I wish MM would have again mentioned that her sainted father (John McCain, in case we forget) could kill someone and she wouldn't turn him in. She said this last week.

You know since the topic was about a daughter and father and as we all know Meghan had a father named John McCain and Meghan loves to insert herself and her father John McCain into most topics, not this one huh?

Sorry, I dislike Meghan so damn much.

Her screeching about swimming.  Damn she was feeling herself.  What did Joy say? You're not a neurosurgeon  lol. Sorry I see she neuro physicist  thanks @ari333

I was texting with someone when the young mayor was on, but looked up when whoopi started going on about the new young Democratics disrespecting their elders. What the hell is she talking about?

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Huh, watching them talk about the BTK killer's daughter.  The daughter said she and her mother would tell the police if they knew. I wish MM would have again mentioned that her sainted father (John McCain, in case we forget) could kill someone and she wouldn't turn him in. She said this last week.

You know since the topic was about a daughter and father and as we all know Meghan had a father named John McCain and Meghan loves to insert herself and her father John McCain into most topics, not this one huh?

Sorry, I dislike Meghan so damn much.

Her screeching about swimming.  Damn she was feeling herself.  What did Joy say? You're not a neurosurgeon  lol.

I was texting with someone when the young mayor was on, but looked up when whoopi started going on about the new young Democratic disrespecting their elders. What the hell is she talking about?

She gave Meghan a nod and a smile when she started that - it was another poke at AOC because of something she said.  Whoopi’s granny-pannys were in a knot over it and she went into a rant against her for disrespecting her elders in the Congress.  I can’t remember exactly what AOC had said, but the whoopster was mad enough to tell her “not to poop on your elders”.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Wow! she mentioned Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Megan is obsessed with her. Let it go Megan!  Why does Megan expect every Democrat to opine on Ocasio-Cortez and her policies. It is irritating and reductive.  

The Mayor is so impressive and I loved everything that he had to say. He has a wonderful future ahead and the fact that he became mayor as an open gay man in Indiana says a lot about his ability to get people to vote for him.

He's another little reason I'm proud to live in Indiana. 

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

She gave Meghan a nod and a smile when she started that - it was another poke at AOC because of something she said.  Whoopi’s granny-pannys were in a knot over it and she went into a rant against her for disrespecting her elders in the Congress.  I can’t remember exactly what AOC had said, but the whoopster was mad enough to tell her “not to poop on your elders”.  

AOC triggers Whoopie in the worst way.  AOC never said anything disrespectful about people older than her who have been fighting long before she was on the earth. Whoopie needs to let that go. 

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

Oh this again. Thanks @Jewell2. The interview with Anderson Cooper. AOC never actually said anything about the Democratic elders like John Lewis.  She was talking about. The example of the young dems that unseated dems that had been there for years and no one expected to lose to younger dems. AOC point was if the dems that were voted out had been doing what the voters wanted they wouldn't have lost. And that's how change happens. You stop voting in people who aren't working for you.  Whoopi is a dolt. Glad I missed the smirk at the snowflake. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 17

so i had to laugh, during the intro they mention the topics they are going to talk about, they show mitch mcconnell with a banner that said "erectile dysfunction?" and they didn't even mention anything about ED during the show.

meghan screeching during the swimming segment was so grating and she wasn't even angry. she needs a vocal coach or something.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, falltime said:

so i had to laugh, during the intro they mention the topics they are going to talk about, they show mitch mcconnell with a banner that said "erectile dysfunction?" and they didn't even mention anything about ED during the show.

meghan screeching during the swimming segment was so grating and she wasn't even angry. she needs a vocal coach or something.

I didn't see it but maybe the caption said electile dysfunction?  A pun seems more appropriate to the subject.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, falltime said:

It said "eRectile Dysfunction".

4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I didn't see it but maybe the caption said electile dysfunction?  A pun seems more appropriate to the subject.

lol. it probably did say that and i just misread it, i was cooking at the time

Edited by falltime
26 minutes ago, falltime said:

Dear Mr/Mrs FallTime, 

Management at The View regrets that we can afford only ONE coach per season.  Budget constraints (and fear of Ms. McCain's temper) caused us to choose to coach the cooperative Abby.

Thank you for your considered suggestion.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I remember Barbara Walters telling the studio audience thank you for coming when the weather was really bad and then said we wouldn't have done the same for you.  Must be something about that seat at the table that makes the women bitches.

I always took that as a self-deprecating remark...as if the all ladies at the table are veddy veddy riche, all living in Manhattan penthouses, servants, drivers, and just too good to deal with "little people."  Let them eat cake!  I never thought of it as bitchy--and because it's more clever than Barbara was...someone wrote that line for her.  I liked the line and the audiences always laughed.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

You give Barbara a lot more credit than I do.  I remember reading an interview with her and she compared the View viewers to Wal Mart shoppers and it was not compliment.  I hated how she would explain things to the audience.  Like she didn't think we were smart enough to know what she was talking about.

Barbara was very elitist. I hated her constant explanations to the viewers like we were dumb... She also used to say offensive things to Whoopie basically telling her that she was the Queen B. 

• Love 19