Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Andi Et Les Beaux

• Start Topic

Andi and the 11 remaining bachelors visit the south of France, where one-on-one dates include a romantic sailboat ride and a movie screening at a French cinema. Meanwhile, nine men study with a professional mime and perform a show for the locals.
(edited)

I'm so excited about this upcoming episode that I can't even find the right words. So I decided to do this:

"

."

That was me, miming all my thoughts about tomorrow's episode.

Edited by jordanpond
  • Love 13

Hey, I studied at a mime school when I was 19! It's extraordinarily difficult, requires breaking down every action into several movements. Definitely a lot more to it than the standard Marcel Marceau impersonation that is always trotted out as an object of ridicule. I'm hoping that this trip actually inspires just a little respect for the difficult art. I'm saving my ridicule for the one-on-one date with Josh. Such a smarmy looking fellow. I find him highly unattractive and added to the fact that he's a jock, to me it wouldn't have made it past the first cocktail party, no matter what the producers of Bachelorette wanted.

• Love 3

Marqueeeeeel! Damn. He made me cry two times. That man is a class act right there. He was too good for this show. He'll have no problem being snatched up by some very lucky lady. The rest of these punks. (rolleyes) I don't see what Andi sees in any of them.

• Love 9

Nick bugs me so much he is making the show almost unwatchable.  Do not get his appeal AT ALL!  Why couldn't he go home instead of sweet Marquel!?  

Really like Brian but he's soooo not the right guy for Andi.

• Love 4

I'm starting to think that JJ (the "pantsaprenuer") may be the instigator on a lot of the drama in the house.  He's now been the main guy screwing with Andrew twice (the supposed phone number thing and now Race-Gate), plus he seemed to get the ball rolling on Cody's near-meltdown at Nick.

JJ has no chemistry with Andi at all (he recreated their lame "joke" date while miming), so I think he's trying to shoot down some of his weaker competitors.

I think he's a big phony.

• Love 11

Ok, the mime thing was absolutely adorable.  All the guys (but Nick) were hilarious and did an awesome job.  It's obviously not easy to master, but they all (except Nick) seemed to really throw themselves into it with good grace. 

You know that Marquel will find an awesome lady.  He's such a sweetie, handsome, well spoken and obviously a real catch. 

Andi's hair looked very matronly, but I thought her dress looked beautiful.  I'm glad she ditched Andrew, but I was sad for Patrick. Something about him I liked.

Hey, I studied at a mime school when I was 19! It's extraordinarily difficult, requires breaking down every action into several movements. Definitely a lot more to it than the standard Marcel Marceau impersonation that is always trotted out as an object of ridicule. I'm hoping that this trip actually inspires just a little respect for the difficult art.

Oh I think it looks really hard. I never realized it was an object of ridicule! I was really looking forward to the mime group date because it looked like so much fun in the preview, and it didn't disappoint. I was impressed with many of the men, particularly Marquel. He did great with that young boy.

I liked Josh and Andi's date. He seemed sincere to me.

I hope Brian goes far because I like seeing someone so nice on my screen, but I don't think he's right for Andi.

I like both Josh and Brian although Brian probably isn't macho enough for Andi. Can't stand Nick, not attractive and I would have booted him for standing there frowning on the group date. Marquel seems like a great guy, but he never seemed to seek Andi out for conversation and he never mentioned going on a one on one date so I think he felt like a friend too. Still, he seemed sad to be sent home.

I kind of feel sorry for the guys now that we know Andi expects them to be aggressive and try to kiss her. I would think it would be hard for them to push themselves too much, since they know other men are there. And you can get to know the guys without them lunging at you Andi. Oh, I forgot about Chris. I like him too, he seems like a great guy.

I don't know if they explained this in his bio or not. But, did Josh play baseball or is he some sort of athlete?

I'm not sure. Hopefully they will have a chance to let us know next week - and the week after - and the week after that...

• Love 2

I'm glad she ditched Andrew, but I was sad for Patrick. Something about him I liked.

I was sad for him too. He was a nice guy! I watched with the closed captions and when he was cut he turned back to Dylan and said "Love you." These are good guys.

But really--Cody? Marquel was great, and Patrick was a real "glue guy" with an easygoing air about him, and Andi chose the guy who said "homey" about 14 times in one sentence??

• Love 5

I think keeping Cody around was more a matter of keeping someone who has no chance, and whom she'll have no qualms about eliminating in a week or two rather than stringing along others who equally have no chance but who are genuinely good guys.

Or . . . Cody is one of those "producer picks" whom Andi is instructed to keep around for the drama.

I know a lot of people seem to like Josh, except you Alpaki, but he just bugs the heck out of me. I don't exactly know why. His teeth, his look, his act. He seems somehow insincere.

I'm all for Marquel being the next bachelor. It would be the perfect opportunity for them to have a African American lead. He's handsome, engaging, funny. They were definitely in the friend zone.

I don't see her going anywhere with Brian. Or Cody for that matter. Why is he still there?

• Love 3

I guess Andi really wanted Brian to come up behind her in the kitchen and start groping her. She just wouldn't let it go. Come on Andi. Let 10 minutes go by without a guy trying to work you over. It doesn't mean he doesn't like you.

I thought Andi looked sexy in her dark high-necked top on the evening portion of the group date.

Nick's prepared poem sounded awful and seemed like it took about 20 seconds to compose. Eight year olds write better than that. She should have dumped him right there just for trying to pass off that garbage as romantic.

One aspect of the racism discussion that bothered me was that the guy (I forget who) chose to tell Marquel instead of talking to Andrew himself. Why do you need to tell Marquel at all? Doing that just makes Marquel feel horrible. If someone says something awful behind my friend's back, I don't repeat it to my friend because they are probably better off not hearing that crap.

• Love 7

OK, I admit I missed a lot of this because the station kept cutting over to weather updates, plus I don't always pay 100% attention anyway, but what were the adversarial comments that the guys were taking offense to? I thought I heard Marquel say that he had been referred to as " the black guy" on the first night? I get that people don't like being identified by a physical characteristic, and race in particular can be touchy, but if you're with a large group of people and you don't know their names yet, I think that could potentially be a valid way of clarifying who you mean. Like the tall guy, or the guy with the red hair, etc. -- and why wait until now to bring it up? I think I must have totally missed something there. And I couldn't tell for sure what the personal trainer had been offended by, but it looked like he was totally in the other guy's (Nick?) face in an aggressive way, maybe he was drunk? I think both conversations would have been better handled one on one, rather than in front of the group if they were really trying to reach resolution rather than create drama.

• Love 2
(edited)
JJ has no chemistry with Andi at all (he recreated their lame "joke" date while miming), so I think he's trying to shoot down some of his weaker competitors.

I think he's a big phony.

This so much. There was all this "drama" about Nick that frankly I found very juvenile and almost producer manipulated yet no one seems to be noticing or pointing out how two major dramas that has occurred in the house has been instigated by JJ. I couldn't stand Andrew and not sorry to see him leave but I actually thought he seemed sincere when telling Marquel he never said that and I found it interesting that unlike the situation with the woman's phone number, JJ said zip when Andrew kept swearing to Marquel he never said that and was wondering who could have told him that. 

And meanwhile, before Andrew admitted he never made those comments about Marquel, a group of the guys were sitting there aware that he'd gotten another woman's number and possibly said something racially offensive about Marquel and yet not one of them said a word about any of that stuff to Andi. No, what do they make a drama about and Cody run to tattle to Andi about is - Nick is so cocky and thinks he's a frontrunner. Give me a break. 

Just as with last week, I felt like the guys, specifically Cody instigated that drama with Nick. They began the conversation clearly leading down the path and wanting him to take the bait so they could start ranting about how he thinks he's a frontrunner and is arrogant. I agreed with Nick's "why do you care" when Patrick was asking him to tell the truth and does he think has some special connection with Andi. I also agreed with his comment that he's not going to be fake and downplay if he thinks he and Andi are making good progress and that they have a good connection. 

Just like I said last week, I've never been on the side of the the ones ganging up on one person on this show. I always find the ones doing the ganging up more annoying. And Patrick's speech when he was eliminated showed how arrogant he was so who was he to talk about Nick being arrogant. Again, just like last week, I think it's very telling that the people who seemed to have the most issues with Nick are the ones who knew they were shaky ground with Andi. 

I will admit that Nick was being a pissy brat during the mime group date but honestly I found that sequence lasted about a minute or two longer than it needed to. Josh and Andi's date was nice though I'm not really sure why she still seems so suspicious or wary of him. Although I guess it could have something to do with her history, according to her, with jocks. I didn't really watch much of her date with Brian, will catch up on that on the DVR.

And I couldn't tell for sure what the personal trainer had been offended by, but it looked like he was totally in the other guy's (Nick?) face in an aggressive way, maybe he was drunk?

Apparently Nick referred to him as Mr. Thankful or something and he felt Nick said it mockingly because he mentioned being so thankful to be there. But then Nick calmly said to Cody when he was getting all heated, that they all kick around and rag on each other and Cody agreed, at which point Nick said that that's why he didn't think Cody would get offended by his comment and then he apologized. Cody running to Andi about something so juvenile was just eye-roll inducing as far as I'm concerned. Which is why like I said I wonder if part of this wasn't instigated by the producers because maybe the guys were getting along too well and they wanted to stir up some drama.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6

I wonder if getting the First Impression Rose has anything to do with Nick's smugness.

Brian's laugh is way too cute.

And I'd say Marquel for the next Bachelor, but I always end up disliking the person after they become the lead. So, maybe not. 

Marcus is beautiful.  I could stare at him all day.

(edited)

I came in late. Is JJ the one I hate now?  Because telling Marquel that was just so wrong. "I think he said, 'she chose the two blackies'...oh well, he -might- have said, "She chose the two black guys"..."

What a jerk. The first is offensive. The second is innocuous--could mean nothing more than, "Hmm. I wonder if she's really into black guys and I might not have a chance." Not necessarily bigoted.

The main point is JJ knew it would hurt Marquel's feelings unnecessarily and it was really mean to say. I don't care about Andrew, but I officially hate JJ.

As for Josh...yeah, he's her favorite. He's movie-star handsome, kind of a Rock Hudson-thing going on, and has that studied earnestness, etc. that add to that all American boy quality. I liked his seeming humility about his "pro ball career"  of 5 years touring small town America--not really all that glamorous.

But...     I'd be skeptical that he 's really so humble. How could all that be genuine? And, beyond that, he's not the most interesting conversationalist of the bunch, (not that I think she cares at this point...she's just looking forward to the FS.... lol.)

Forgot to say... They all looked adorable as mimes, inc. Andi. I like how she joins in with them. They were so funny--including Andi saying of the crowd, "They're terrified of us!"

This is a good looking bunch. And Marseilles--ooh, lala! What a beautiful place.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 1

I can't stand JJ both because of his 'job title' (really?) and I'm still super offended by their old people date. Now he gave me another reason to dislike him. Yuck.

I like Marquel a lot. It scares me that I might stop liking him if he became the next Bachelor.

I feel like Andi's having fun with the whole thing and has some physical chemistry with some of the guys, but I just don't see a lot of 'you're my partner for life' between her and any of them. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I know a lot of people seem to like Josh, except you Alpaki, but he just bugs the heck out of me. I don't exactly know why. His teeth, his look, his act. He seems somehow insincere.

YEP.  He smiles like he's in a tothpaste commercial.   And, on the one-on-one date, the conversation went something like this:

A: when I first

J: Mmm hmm

A: Met you

J: mmhmm uh huh

A: I thought, he's an athlete

J: Uh huh

A: and I thought

J: mm hmm

A: Oh, he's going to be like the rest

J: Uh huh 

And on and on.  That was what made him seem insincere to me.

• Love 1

I guess it's a YMMV situation.  But I thought Josh had the #humblebrag turned up to 11 tonight.  

I could barely listen to him after they were talking about tennis and she was laughing at the idea that he would beat her even though he said he didn't play. He said, "Are you saying that because I was a second-round pick?"

Hey, Captain Let-Me-Tell-You-About-My-Sports-Career: no one cares.

• Love 1

I do not get the appeal of Nick at all. What the hell was that "note" he wrote her? So cringe worthy. All of the manufactured "drama" was silly, but I can see how he'd be an irritating presence in the house. He just seems smug and a touch manipulative. Plus, I don't find him attractive at all. 

The dates tonight were pretty fun-I felt bad for Brian because I too would be lost on a cooking date, but he could have just loosened up and had fun with the fact that he can't cook. Anyway, he recovered well and I still think he's a fun and genuine guy. Andi's date with Josh though...she is so into him. Unlike most of the dates where the guys are trying to impress her, she seemed like she was trying to impress him. I think all of this "he's my type and that didn't work before" is the storyline they chose to go with to downplay the fact that she seems quite smitten. I think they'd make a cute couple and that he seems like a nice guy although he seems a bit too smooth and a bit too meathead for my personal taste. Handsome, though.

Marquel on the other hand, is adorable. I'm so sad to see him go, I'll miss that ear to ear grin! He was so funny during the miming date, and it was clear that all of the guys in the house really liked him. I think he'd make a great Bachelor and if not then some lady will snatch him up and be very lucky! Chris is also adorable, just very natural and laid back. I like that Andi took him seriously about Nick because he is such a nice and genuine guy. Marcus is also sweet but a little too intense-he's already in love with her? Marseille was beautiful and I'm ashamed to admit that I missed this dumb little show last Monday. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Who is doing her hair on this show?? Bad. :0(

It is bad but not Ali Fedotowsky tragic. I wanted to jump into the TV every week and take out her $.99 store extensions and take her to a decent colorist. 

Topic? Marquel is awesome. He should call me. Josh still has crazy eyes. Andi still bugs. JJ is a gossip. Chris is adorable. Brian is sweet.

Edited by FireFoxy
  • Love 1

Marquel - my pick for next Bachelor. I think he'd be a lot of fun and he seems really outgoing. I think he'd be an awesome Bachelor and I want to see him find someone!

Josh and Nick both have the same vibe to me - so did Andrew. Very smarmy and gross. I have trouble even looking at their stupid faces.

I was surprised the guy with the dead siblings got a rose - he seemed so invisible this episode. I was surprised she chose Cody. They don't seem like they match up at all.

I guess I'm on board the Chris train, although I don't really see anyone here that I see Andi with.

Shallow mode on... what the hell happened to her hair tonight?  It's like she had the as-seen-on-TV Bumpits all around her head. </shallow>

I wish I saw a strong connection between her and any of the guys. I can see that she likes some of them more than others but I'm just just seeing much wow factor between any of them.

• Love 1

It's not often that I actually care about any of the hamsters on these shows, but my heart broke for Marquel this week.  To have someone tell him that he was referred to as a "blackie" must have been so hard for him; seeing his talking head was really difficult to watch.  And then seeing his reaction about being sent home...... honey, you seem like an amazing guy and you shouldn't be so hard on yourself!!  I don't know if I believed JJ when he told Marquel about the blackie comment.  I do think Andrew is a bit of a douche, but I think he was telling the truth when he denied making that comment.  JJ seems like a bit of a sh!t disturber, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he made up that story.  I think it's just sad that Marquel got caught in the middle of his little feud with Andrew.  There's no way that Marquel needed to be told that.

• Love 5

For his age, JJ seems so immature, always trying to cook up high school drama. Red flag was already raised the week he told Andi that he and his girlfriend broke up because they started competing with each other over everything. Who in the world is so petty to compete with their lover? Yuck. Guy definitely has issues.

So accurate about Josh and #humblebrag. He has it down to an art form. I bet that's how he bags all the ladies.

• Love 2

Re Andrew: I highly doubt that he said "blackie," if only because no one says that.  I've only ever heard that said by movie characters who were Australian or South African or something.  It's just not a term you'd hear from a guy in his twenties from California.

The fact that we heard the story from JJ, who's an instigator, and Nick, a B.S. artist in his own right, cast suspicion on it.  Andrew's smarmy and insincere, but racist is another thing entirely.  Who knows what really happened.

• Love 5

Who is doing her hair on this show?? Bad. :0(

Someone who just watched Frozen. She had full-on Elsa hair at the RC.

I could barely listen to him after they were talking about tennis and she was laughing at the idea that he would beat her even though he said he didn't play. He said, "Are you saying that because I was a second-round pick?"

Hey, Captain Let-Me-Tell-You-About-My-Sports-Career: no one cares.

The worst was when she was lavishing him with the praise he was seeking and he says, "Well, there are ONLY 50* rounds!" Asshole. I never heard of humblebrag, but that just summed it up for me. And I really doubt he gave up his baseball career so he can start a family even though he hasn't even had a girlfriend in 5 years. He probably got cut or sent to the minor leagues. (Was he even MLB? What team?)

*Or he may have said 15. Even still...asshole.

• Love 3

I sincerely hope Marquel had a chance to hang around Marseille a few days before going home.  I've heard so many African Americans say that it's like a trip to Heaven to be admired and appreciated by the French people.

JJ --  Phony,  trouble making creep.  I can't stand the way he walks, the attention hogging, or the big pretense that he even likes Andi. He even scares me a little bit, I can imagine a real nasty anger under that bow tied façade.

Brian -- Likable and cute, but that silent pouting around in the kitchen was a red flag for me.  My husband doesn't cook either, but he would have had fun with it.  People who get jerky anytime they don't feel like they're winning at something are hard to live with.

Josh -- Guess what buddy? There are people in the world who never heard of a first round pick. There's another big group who knows what it is but don't care.  Get a real job and get over yourself.

Nick -- Baby faced and greasy but smug about it. Why Andi?

Cody -- Don't tell people not to talk!

These guys aren't holding up well under close inspection.  I have a feeling the farmer is the best man out there but I'm blinded by the beauty of Marcus. 

• Love 1

I really wish guys on this show would stop attempting to write poetry. I found it cringe-inducing when Chris did it last season, even though I thought he was really sweet and genuine about it. But at this point, anyone doing it just seems like they're copying Chris. Also, if you don't present it exactly right, you end up looking very smarmy, in my opinion. And also, it was a terrible poem.

I found it interesting and a little telling that Andi insisted on getting involved in the guys' drama. I have a feeling she's the kind of person who is unable to let a confrontation go down without her. A good quality in an attorney, maybe, but I don't know how I'd feel about it outside the courtroom. It's a very different approach than previous Bachelors and Bachelorettes have taken with regard to house drama. I kind of thought that when she realized that the guys weren't ready to spill and that she was basically going to have to emotionally blackmail them to get answers (except with Cody), that she should have dropped it. That being said, some true colors were shown, in my opinion. Chris' version of the events was diplomatic, classy, and extremely non-dramatic. Cody, on the other hand, came in talking about how grateful he was, and then the next thing out of his mouth was a complaint about someone else. Saying you're grateful doesn't actually mean anything. Picking a  fight over a perceived slight that easily could have been let go or handled in a nicer way is actually the opposite of grateful.

Josh seems sincere to me as well. I thought the conversation they had about cheating was one of the most "real" conversations Andi has had so far. That being said, no dates in five years seems like a giant red flag, and he has yet to answer that one in any way that is satisfying. If I were Andi I'd be very stuck on that. 

I don't think she should have kept Brian. I felt like she did so just to not hurt his feelings, and because it would make her look a bit hypocritical to kiss him during dinner and then cut him loose. That date was one of the most uncomfortable I've ever seen on this show. If there were ever a reason to send someone home on a one-on-one, the awkward and withdrawn cooking was it. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Heh, I remember poetry Chris from last season. I like the guy but had to fast forward anytime he reads his "poetry". If I recall correctly, poetry Chris was also a former pro baseball player but I don't think it was mentioned until their hometown date. He had a real job - mortgage broker. You might want to look into that too, Josh. Or maybe he did mention it and I zoned out.

Andi's guys seemed like real catches in the first ep but it's all been downhill from there, imo. Which is literally the opposite of what usually happens on the Bachelorette.

The only one left who seems well adjusted is Chris the farmer. His looks is not my typr but he seems normal.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't know what magical, purple spiraled candyland Marquel has been living in when he just realizes that people see him as a black guy before seeing him as a person at the ripe old age of 30. I kind of gave him the side eye when he was crying on television about it. Really, dude? Welcome to the world. 

I like that Andi culled the herd this episode but I can.not believe Codi is still there. What a waste of my time. Brian is also falling off pretty hard. I get that he's shy and has little game but I'd be getting kind of tired of waiting for him to work up some nerve. 

Josh...I can't make up my mind about this guy...is he perfect or playing it perfectly?  He's gorgeous, he's saying he's not a player and it taking his time to find the right girl. The chemistry is clearly off the charts. Yet he's convinced that Andi could be it so soon? I don't honestly know how Andi doesn't pick him in the end. 

But then that leaves...Nick. I still love him! I can't help it, I think he and Andi are so cute together and I don't mind that he's kind of pouty on group dates. If he's really liking this girl, I can see where watching her pay attention to other guys could be irksome. And I'm sorry, but Codi IS mockable! Can't blame him for that. I'm on the Nick train and I'm not getting off :)

Edited by PetuniaP
  • Love 2

Last night was so boring to me.

Like many of you, I do not find Josh sincere. "Humblebrag"…..my new favorite word!!!

Unlike many of you, I do like Nick. I think he is more real than Josh. Yea, he seemed like he was PMSing during the mime date…..but I'll cut him some slack. So much of that evening drama was so contrived. In the initial previews for the season, it showed Nick on the evening portion of the date telling Andi he was crazy about her. But they didn't show that, just the drama parts.

Brian is so sweet, but it's just not there.

Chris is even sweeter, but why the heck are the hiding him so much?

Cody seems OK, but guys bust on each other….again, I think that drama was producer driven. I am sure they were whispering in his ear how much Nick was making fun of him. If you ever listened to any of Jason and Molly's podcasts, they have frequently talked about producer manipulation (telling them stuff like "if you don't do this, we will make sure you have no alone time with ____" )

And like everyone, here and on Twitter, I adore Marquel!! Now he should be the next Bachelor!!! Twitter was going crazy with people suggesting that.

I don't know what magical, purple spiraled candyland Marquel has been living in when he just realized that people see him as a black guy before seeing him as a person at the ripe old age of 30. I kind of gave him the side eye when he as crying on television about it. Really, dude?

I like that Andi culled the herd this episode but I can.not believe Codi is still there. What a waste of my time. Brian is also falling off pretty hard. I get that he's shy and has little game but I'd be getting kind of tired of waiting for him to work up some nerve. 

Josh...I can't make up my mind about this guy...is he perfect or playing it perfectly?  He's gorgeous, he's saying he's not a player and it taking his time to find the right girl. The chemistry is clearly off the charts. Yet he's convinced that Andi could be it so soon? I don't honestly know how Andi doesn't pick him in the end. 

But then that leaves...Nick. I still love him! I can't help it, I think he and Andi are so cute together and I don't mind that he's kind of pouty on group dates. If he's really liking this girl, I can see where watching her pay attention to other guys could be irksome. And I'm sorry, but Codi IS mockable! Can't blame him for that. I'm on the Nick train and I'm not getting off :)

Can I like this post more than once???

• Love 1