Type keyword(s) to search

The Great Food Truck Race - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I was done at the beginning of the season. This used to be a fun show to watch and root for the best chefs. Now it is about personalities and gimmicks. Another show off my must watch list...sad... 

• Like 3
  • Love 8

There has to be a way to make this more fair. The Mac and cheese truck happened upon a gay rights parade and Senoritas who are based in LA get their fans to form block long lines by using social media. What could ESO have done to compete? They should send them all to the same type of location and stop letting people pay $100 for a dish. No one would pay a food truck that much in real life. I’m a fan of drag queens and Mac and cheese and wouldn’t touch a thing they make. I’m also a vegetarian who doesn’t like plant based meat so I wouldn’t eat that either.

• Love 13
(edited)

I sure as hell wouldn't buy from a howler monkey chasing me down the street screeching at the top of her lungs. Their food looks so unappetizing. 

Senoreata doesn't appeal to me at all. I wonder how much business they'll be able to drum up out of their hometown. 

Sad for ESO. I didn't realize AJ and the woman were a couple. I wish them the best. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 4
  • Love 10

So they just happened to have a gay pride parade right where Sugar's truck was? And the LA truck could use social media to get their fans/family/friends to show up? And both trucks make fun of ESO for no reason other than to be mean and take cheap shots at them?  Eff em.

I would really like to see them divert to nearby Inglewood or some of the other spots in LA County where ESO could have made more inroads. There are places in Inglewood and So Central where there is a lot of foot traffic and ESO would have had the advantage. But no. Lots of beaches and sand dunes and oceans of white people in an area where ESO, being from out of town. have no idea how to capitalize on.  I mean their sales tactics weren't perfect but they seemed to have the deck stacked against them too.

I doubt I will tune in to watch the finale where I can once again hear Sugar screech and make stupid rhymes or the Senoreata lead smugly swing her hair all over the food.

This show used to be okay. Now it's just a complete waste of time.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 19

Maybe Cheese – there’s no such thing as “high quality” canned chili – and what makes you think that HALF serving is going to win the quantity part of the challenge?  Yes, Sugar, we get it – you don’t care about quality…  And now they’re trying to steal ESO’s “artisanal pasta” angle?  Except there’s not a damn thing artisanal or wonderful about their pasta…

Senoreatas – how do you run out of food?  Maybe spend more time figuring out how much food you really need and less promoting on social media?

ESO – why did you just roll over and play dead there when Maybe Cheese found that Pride parade group?  Ooooooo…  I like the way they approached the Day 2 challenge!  And their special sounded delicious! Ugh…  I’m so bummed the strategy didn’t work.

I’ve been hate-watching this show for weeks now, but I’m glad there’s no reason to watch the finale, because I hate both teams.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8

Because I believe social media is an important part of a food truck business, I think it’s BS that Senoreatas were able to market during the ESO advantage hour. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Pallida said:

Because I believe social media is an important part of a food truck business, I think it’s BS that Senoreatas were able to market during the ESO advantage hour. 

Absolutely! Senoreatas took orders then, too, right? Or was that Cheese? I hate them both. Neither team should have been allowed to do anything during that hour. What ESO got was not much of a head start.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8
(edited)

Can't say I'm surprised. The show has been edited in favor of both Cheese and Senoreatas.

I did notice that one part of the show, it was edited to say the pride parade was just a coincidence and then later in the same segment, Sugar said they used social media to bring out the LGBTQIA crowd. The latter is definitely more believable. Once again, there are some creative editing choices going on.

Tyler said the point of the fast prep was to feed the race car crews, but they didn't incorporate the crews at all into the editing. Once again, Tyler's instructions for the challenge was through voice over so who knows how much of the instructions we heard were the ones given to the actual contestants. The first challenge was just so strange and edited very abruptly.

All the food the trucks prepared for the first challenge looked terrible. Hormel chili over Mac and cheese? Gross. Senoreatas continues to just recreate meat dishes using plant based alternatives. Boring. ESO's hot dog with cream cheese just kind of seemed like a joke and didn't make sense based on their past ideas.

I've been thinking about this season's theme, hottest season ever. The only two things I can recall that would fit the theme is the first challenge with the peppers and the desert location. None of the other food challenges have fit the theme at all.

This reinforces my theory that the show had to change the challenges to fit the contestants based on all the voice over instructions we're hearing.

I'm just baffled at ESO only selling $1200 over both days and that's including the money that was tripled from their specials. The math doesn't really make sense unless ESO barely sold anything. Let's pretend ESO sold $0 the first day and only sold the special the second day. That means $400 sold in specials. They were selling the specials for $10 which means they only sold 40 units and were sold out. I find it hard to believe that as knowledgeable as ESO is about the restaurant industry, they would only plan for 40 dishes in an entire day. 

The creative editing has been really obvious the last couple of seasons. Maybe they're just running out of contestants who want to be on the show?

Finally I did want to give a shout out to Detroit style coney sauce. Even though Sugar said it, she's right. It is the best Coney sauce for hot dogs and is the only style I've cooked for years. I looked around and didn't see any sites that came close to replicating the recipe so I took a picture of the one I use.

Original Greek Coney Sauce

1 pound Ground beef

3/4 cup lard

1 medium Onion(s), diced

1/3 cup Chili powder

2 teaspoons Paprika

1 teaspoon Black pepper, coarsely ground

1 teaspoon Garlic powder 1 teaspoon Cumin powder

1 teaspoon Allspice

1 teaspoon Basil, dried

1/2 teaspoon Salt

1 TBSP Celery Seed

1/2 teaspoon Oregano, dried

Yes, 3/4 of lard is real, but lately I've been using 1/4 cup of coconut oil for similar consistency. Anyway, I hope folks who haven't been exposed to Detroit style coney sauce give it a shot.

Edited by Catfi9ht
Removed section based on clarification from another poster
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Pallida said:

I think they also said that they marketed a lot the night before. Sugar reached out to three parade people. We never saw Eso on social media at all. I think that was their ultimate downfall, along with bad parking spots, not calling businesses in advance. They thought the quality of the food would get them through.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, Catfi9ht said:

Can't say I'm surprised. The show has been edited in favor of both Cheese and Senoreatas.

I did notice that one part of the show, it was edited to say the pride parade was just a coincidence and then later in the same segment, Sugar said they used social media to bring out the LGBTQIA crowd. The latter is definitely more believable. Once again, there are some creative editing choices going on.

Tyler said the point of the fast prep was to feed the race car crews, but they didn't incorporate the crews at all into the editing. Once again, Tyler's instructions for the challenge was through voice over so who knows how much of the instructions we heard were the ones given to the actual contestants. The first challenge was just so strange and edited very abruptly.

All the food the trucks prepared for the first challenge looked terrible. Hormel chili over Mac and cheese? Gross. Senoreatas continues to just recreate meat dishes using plant based alternatives. Boring. ESO's hot dog with cream cheese just kind of seemed like a joke and didn't make sense based on their past ideas.

I've been thinking about this season's theme, hottest season ever. The only two things I can recall that would fit the theme is the first challenge with the peppers and the desert location. None of the other food challenges have fit the theme at all.

This reinforces my theory that the show had to change the challenges to fit the contestants based on all the voice over instructions we're hearing.

I'm just baffled at ESO only selling $1200 over both days and that's including the money that was tripled from their specials. The math doesn't really make sense unless ESO barely sold anything. Let's pretend ESO sold $0 the first day and only sold the special the second day. That means $400 sold in specials. They were selling the specials for $10 which means they only sold 40 units and were sold out. I find it hard to believe that as knowledgeable as ESO is about the restaurant industry, they would only plan for 40 dishes in an entire day. 

The creative editing has been really obvious the last couple of seasons. Maybe they're just running out of contestants who want to be on the show?

Finally I did want to give a shout out to Detroit style coney sauce. Even though Sugar said it, she's right. It is the best Coney sauce for hot dogs and is the only style I've cooked for years. I looked around and didn't see any sites that came close to replicating the recipe so I took a picture of the one I use.

Original Greek Coney Sauce

1 pound Ground beef

3/4 cup lard

1 medium Onion(s), diced

1/3 cup Chili powder

2 teaspoons Paprika

1 teaspoon Black pepper, coarsely ground

1 teaspoon Garlic powder 1 teaspoon Cumin powder

1 teaspoon Allspice

1 teaspoon Basil, dried

1/2 teaspoon Salt

1 TBSP Celery Seed

1/2 teaspoon Oregano, dried

Yes, 3/4 of lard is real, but lately I've been using 1/4 cup of coconut oil for similar consistency. Anyway, I hope folks who haven't been exposed to Detroit style coney sauce give it a shot.

ESO's hot dog was a take on a Seattle Dog.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, cameron said:

ESO's hot dog was a take on a Seattle Dog.

Thanks for the info. I looked up the history of the Seattle dog and it makes sense to serve outside of night clubs to tipsy folks but that's about it. It still doesn't make sense to me with ESO's food style. I thought maybe they were from Seattle, but according to Google, they're from NJ.

• Love 1

I could barely make it through this episode what with all of the screaming and other antics.  I just don't understand how so many people end up buying from someone who hollers so much (like an above poster, I would totally give a wide berth to someone with that sales technique).  It's like walking through a mall where there are aggressive sellers from the kiosks in the walkway, I just politely say "no thank you" and keep walking.  I have never cared for the 'in your face' typs of sales so never buy from anyone with that technique.  So tired of the Cuban truck as well.  And, yeah-Sugar, making fun of someone for exceptional quality is never a good look.

I don't see how this show can really come back from this season-why would bonafide food trucks want to compete in future seasons (or talented chefs/cooks)?  And I can't figure out why Tyler always has a big smile with interacting with Sugar nor why she seems like such a favorite of his.  However, Tyler did acknowledge the quality of Eso's food, so that is kind of a plus.  Hopefully Eso will do well in the future whether in a food truck or in a restaurant.  I have liked them from the beginning (along with other departed too early trucks).

What a mess of a season.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Catfi9ht said:

ESO didn't get the triple win; Senoreatas did, which is why they got to 5k. 

I believe on the second day, ESO decided to ONLY sell the special, and  then sold out with maybe 30ish minutes left (so not enough time to go prepare and do more food); they had to scramble to sell ANYTHING at that point. 

ESO did get the first day prize of the extra hour, but it certainly feels like Senoreatas were severely bending the spirit of not being opened. I hope they had some punishment for that dirty trick, but the fact that it made it into the final cut of the episode makes me think they see it as "They were being smart with the rule bending". 

Ultimately there were so many thumbs on the scales against ESO, I'm surprised ESO didn't run out of gas (both cooking and moving), and get a ticket for stopping in a no parking space too. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

It feels like the producers really wanted to give ESO a shot at the finale. That chicken and waffle challenge was tailor made for them. But, unfortunately, they couldn't get it done.

I agree with the criticism of Cheese's food quality, but I also have questions about Senoreatas'. In my experience, vegan food is best when it doesn't pretend to mimic meat with highly processed meat and cheese substitutes. Vegan Indian is delicious and they don't use any of that stuff. With processed vegan, I find myself spending time comparing it to the "real" thing instead of just enjoying it.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

Even with Tyler’s cheese sauce recipe, that mac and cheese looks revolting.  They just ladle the cheese sauce on top of the macaroni.  Ugh.  I’m done with this show, the remaining two teams haven’t made one thing I’d eat.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Catfi9ht said:

Thanks for the info. I looked up the history of the Seattle dog and it makes sense to serve outside of night clubs to tipsy folks but that's about it. It still doesn't make sense to me with ESO's food style. I thought maybe they were from Seattle, but according to Google, they're from NJ.

Remembered seeing a clip on the Food Network about different hot dog.  Only reason why I know.

• Thanks 1

The mac & cheese "coney entree" didn't look too bad.  Actually, thought it was a decent combo.  On the other hand, their riff on chicken and waffles was horrible.  Who in their right mind wants to eat a waffle with mac & cheese.

• Love 3

🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮

"I never would have though to put mustard on chili! That's really innovative." Says someone who is either paid to look like an idiot or has never had a chili dog from a concession stand and added a bit of onion or relish or....mustard....and really does need to get out more, pandemic notwithstanding.

Finale is going to be a game of "would you rather." Would you rather someone who chases people down shrieking "I've got mac and cheeeeeeese" and "I'm gonna make you holla!" win $10,000 so they won't be poor any longer or would you rather someone with a dead parent sob story serving a side of hairball with every dish win $10,000 because plant based and LA love? 

So, yeah. 

Sigh. 

At least Senoreatas make an original sauce or two to go on top of their prepackaged me(a)t and cheez. And at least their recipe isn't a direct copy of a celebrity chef's. Though who knows, maybe they just crack open a bottle of El Paso, add garlic, and call it homemade. Seems to be what constitutes "cooking" on this show.

Really hope ESO makes it outside of the competition. If they were in my state, I'd stalk them immediately. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, potatoradio said:

🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮

"I never would have though to put mustard on chili! That's really innovative." Says someone who is either paid to look like an idiot or has never had a chili dog from a concession stand and added a bit of onion or relish or....mustard....and really does need to get out more, pandemic notwithstanding.

Finale is going to be a game of "would you rather." Would you rather someone who chases people down shrieking "I've got mac and cheeeeeeese" and "I'm gonna make you holla!" win $10,000 so they won't be poor any longer or would you rather someone with a dead parent sob story serving a side of hairball with every dish win $10,000 because plant based and LA love? 

So, yeah. 

Sigh. 

At least Senoreatas make an original sauce or two to go on top of their prepackaged me(a)t and cheez. And at least their recipe isn't a direct copy of a celebrity chef's. Though who knows, maybe they just crack open a bottle of El Paso, add garlic, and call it homemade. Seems to be what constitutes "cooking" on this show.

Really hope ESO makes it outside of the competition. If they were in my state, I'd stalk them immediately. 

I think the prize is $50k. After taxes, split 3 ways, that's not very much. I checked Senoreata's IG. At least they seem focused on food. Not sure what Sugar and Co. plan to do post show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think the prize is $50k. After taxes, split 3 ways, that's not very much. I checked Senoreata's IG. At least they seem focused on food. Not sure what Sugar and Co. plan to do post show. 

I have no doubt that Sugar will pursue some kind of celebrity/fame.  She does not seem like one to make Mac and Cheese as an actual career.  

• Like 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, Catfi9ht said:

I caught that too. I am sure that the parade did not just happen to wander by. Since this show has even lied about where it was filmed, nothing is believable anymore. Like we're supposed to think the Coney challenge was a surprise, when the trucks just happened to have hot dogs (or vegan dogs) on hand. 

I realize that marketing is important, but this season it's been all about marketing and very little about food. Eso's lack of social media savvy is what cost them the competition, even though they had by far the best food of the final three. Their chicken and waffle special seemed head and shoulders above the others. (Senoreata didn't even use a plant-based chicken substitute. They used the same "meat" they use all the time.)

Sugar making fun of Eso's meticulous food preparation bugged me. When you're doing "semi-homemade" with canned chili and store-bought rotisserie chicken you really shouldn't talk. (I'm still bugged by Senoreata's claim on the first show that being in Los Angeles gave them no advantage, when they went to a farmer's market in their neighborhood and used social media to get all their friends there.)

So I don't know who to root for (or against) in the finals.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

RuPaul's Drag Race? 

I had a similar thought but unless strings are pulled, Sugar would be eaten alive long before she got to the Werk room. 

That said, I wonder if Food Network might be trying to set up a new personality to tap into the Drag Queen craze going on at the moment.  Sugar certainly wouldn't be the one I'd want to be the Drag-face on Food Network, but they will probably try and push her nonetheless. 

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Social media savvy is not new for this program. I remember one season a Hawaiian truck organized customers and there was a military family based group that passed the word to show up. 

• Love 1

I just can't with Sugar.  The drag queen thing is cool with me, but that Screeching and yelling "WAP, WAP" would have driven me away.  And their food just doesn't seem appealing.  As so many have pointed out, canned chili and rotisserie chicken?  And they had to be told to use scratch-made cheese sauce?  I think the best cooks went home over those who know how to use social media.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

Very sorry to see ESO go—their food always looked amazing. Not a fan of either of the remaining teams. Their food doesn't interest me and their schtick seems more important to them than the food anyway.

• Like 3
  • Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

Social media savvy is not new for this program. I remember one season a Hawaiian truck organized customers and there was a military family based group that passed the word to show up. 

True, but in this season, when so many trucks struggled to find locations and attract people, social media savvy seemed more important than ever. Senoreatas said they stayed up all night posting to social media, and as a result had a crowd before they even opened.

18 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

They should send them all to the same type of location and stop letting people pay $100 for a dish. 

That should definitely not have been allowed. (I don't know what he thought he was making a donation to. They're just contestants on a dumb FN show.)

Someone earlier in this thread said that customers are given money by the show to buy food. If true, that would explain how the trucks can charge such overinflated prices. I heard the Eso chef mention that their chicken and waffles dish was $20, so I assume they were all charging that.

I've noticed that there was little to no talk this season about pricing, while in previous seasons pricing strategy was often discussed. (Charging a higher price to generate more revenue versus charging less to sell more).

Edited by bluepiano
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, bluepiano said:

True, but in this season, when so many trucks struggled to find locations and attract people, social media savvy seemed more important than ever. Senoreatas said they stayed up all night posting to social media, and as a result had a crowd before they even opened.

That should definitely not have been allowed. (I don't know what he thought he was making a donation to. They're just contestants on a dumb FN show.)

Someone earlier in this thread said that customers are given money by the show to buy food. If true, that would explain how the trucks can charge such overinflated prices. I heard the Eso chef mention that their chicken and waffles dish was $20, so I assume they were all charging that.

I've noticed that there was little to no talk this season about pricing, while in previous seasons pricing strategy was often discussed. (Charging a higher price to generate more revenue versus charging less to sell more).

Yeah, once the grating senoreatas said that, I knew  ESO was toast. I honestly dont know why they didnt try and establish a SM presence once they knew they were going on the show. I liked that they were all about the food, but that will not be a winning strategy.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Maybe I’ve used up all my outrage on other stuff recently, but I don’t think this season has been any better or worse than any other (except for Alaska, which still feels like an all time bad idea).  Yes, they seem to have phased out most real world operational discussions- inventory management, cost/price analysis, etc…. But then again, we haven’t had to watch them go shopping either.  Honestly, I think the idea that business concerns don’t really matter here, is a tacit admission on the part of the show that food trucks (except in very specific circumstances) don’t really work this way.  If most of these teams had won, they wouldn’t be using the cash on a truck to sell pasta/lumpia/etc… to random people on the street- they’d use it as a mobile kitchen for whatever events they book as private chefs or caterers.  But I assume that would be much less entertaining TV than having them drive around looking for crowds and open parking spaces.

Still, I’m sorry to see ESO go, since they do seem like the most talented cooks of the season.  But, I think they hit their sales plateau early on, and never really built from there.  I do hope Tyler was serious about wanting to help them- even if it’s not in SF.  Surely he must have connections back East (I think?), or wherever ESO are from.

Kudos to Senoreatas for the subtle burn on Sonic, right to the executive dude’s face.  ‘Hey those chili dogs sure are great, right teams?’  ‘I like this.’ (Takes a small pull off the Limeade).  I like to think they knew they were boned in the challenge at that point, and just cranked out those 100 taco plates as a point of pride.  And wouldn’t you know who didn’t get picked- the one dish that Sonic wouldn’t possibly want to steal at some point (plant based?  For Oklahoma’s favorite drive up???).  Otherwise, I’ll be fine if they end up winning- I think they’ve had the best overall combination of cooking and sales skills.  Sure, they’ve had an advantage being local, but I think their performance in the truck has held up too.

As for Maybe Cheese- did I miss something about the chicken?  I thought that was the one actual cooking skill they brought to the competition.  Unless Mahogany’s “secret recipe” all along has been the to-go case at Sams Club, which I guess wouldn’t be all that surprising.

And honestly, I wouldn’t blame them for things like the canned chili if that was it- we’ve seen plenty of teams on this show use “shortcut” ingredients for various reasons.  Even this season, ESO switched off their fresh pasta for dried to simplify their prep- it happens.  But when practically everything they “make” is composed of shortcuts, and a recipe they needed to be taught, it’s just too much.  And like I said before, I don’t see the “help” they get as favoritism.  To me it’s Tyler and the producers trying to salvage the show’s reputation from a casting department that put a team on because one person could talk on camera, but with no discernible cooking skills.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/13/2022 at 1:14 PM, Starry-Eyed said:

I was pleased with how calmly Amawele's handled the medical issue on their truck. We didn't see any in-fighting, yelling, blaming. Instead, the one twin was just concerned for her twin's health and told her to drink water and rest.

That’s because the bickering they do is just how they communicate in their high intensity moments but doesn’t have serious heat behind it. When the chips are down they’re not going to put winning over someone’s health.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Chyromaniac said:

Kudos to Senoreatas for the subtle burn on Sonic, right to the executive dude’s face.  ‘Hey those chili dogs sure are great, right teams?’  ‘I like this.’ (Takes a small pull off the Limeade).  I like to think they knew they were boned in the challenge at that point, and just cranked out those 100 taco plates as a point of pride.  And wouldn’t you know who didn’t get picked- the one dish that Sonic wouldn’t possibly want to steal at some point (plant based?  For Oklahoma’s favorite drive up???). 

Wasn't that because as a vegan she couldn't taste the hot dog? And there was never any mention that Sonic would incorporate the winning dish. They all seemed gross anyway. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bluepiano said:

Wasn't that because as a vegan she couldn't taste the hot dog? And there was never any mention that Sonic would incorporate the winning dish. They all seemed gross anyway. 

Sure, that’s the underlying reason why they didn’t taste it- I was just amused by the way she chose to express that fact.  Like, I think brining up their being vegan would have been a more… diplomatic response- “oh, it’s not you Chili Dog- it’s me.”  To me, replying that she liked the drink implies that she wouldn’t have eaten that Dog even if they did eat meat.

And no- there wasn’t any condition that they would use the winning dish (I didn’t actually say that anyway). Again, I just found it humorous that the rules of the contest allowed the hotdog/burger place guy to ensure that they wouldn’t reward the meatless option.  Otherwise, my wording was that he eliminated the one they wouldn’t ever want to “steal” - it was a farcical way of saying that while I can see Sonic cribbing the idea of bacon dogs or chili mac for their menu, meat substitute tacos just don’t fit their image.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Taeolas said:

That said, I wonder if Food Network might be trying to set up a new personality to tap into the Drag Queen craze going on at the moment.  Sugar certainly wouldn't be the one I'd want to be the Drag-face on Food Network, but they will probably try and push her nonetheless. 

If that was the case, why not go with the Queen from Mystika Massala who could actually cook great food?

I hope the Senoreatas win because they can cook.  There has never before been a truck who served bad food - food that someone ordered, waited for, paid a high price for, and then discarded because it tasted horrible.  And this is on a show that had an actual financial cheating scandal.

But I won't be watching.  The show is over for me.  Bye, Tyler.  Hire ESO.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

RuPaul's Drag Race?

Her makeup isn't good enough.  I have a friend who competed...it's not just slapping foundation and false lashes on.  :)

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I always wonder how far you can bend the rules of the challenge.  For Senoreatas, there are veggie dogs, or heck if you're all that as a chef figure out how to make a veggie dog yourself. Other chefs make their own sausage. The tacos seemed like an easy out for them. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

One of my many problems with Sugar is she just doesn't even seem to be a very good or entertaining Drag Queen.  I mean she's constantly hollering at people "have you ever bought mac & cheese from a drag queen" but after you give her money what is there?  Screeching and puns for food that looks like it was made by a middle school cafeteria worker?   Shouldn't there be something?  I don't know what she could be doing but nothing about her right now says to me that she's talented and I would want to see more of her. As it is I spent most of this last episode trying to fast forward when she was on.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8

I will watch the finale (yes, I'm weird and will watch seasons to the end [of various shows]) but just am not looking forward to it as I'll be disappointed no matter the outcome.  And to think that I can still remember when this show was fun...

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I just went to ESO's website, and two things. . 1) I would be surprised if they aren't the best business to come out of the show , I would have liked to see them win, but their food quality and professional demeanor will help make them winners in the long run. 2) Their hand made pasta looks soooo good!

They also have a mac and cheese that I am sure is in a different league from anything Maybe ever put out.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

I just went to ESO's website,

Impressive!  I just spent way more time than I expected to on this site.  It's very well done.  The only thing I didn't find out is what ESO means.  I've been wondering about that all along.  It's a cryin' shame that they ended up in third behind two inferior trucks.  I'm seriously considering ordering a couple things.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I will watch the finale (yes, I'm weird and will watch seasons to the end [of various shows]) but just am not looking forward to it as I'll be disappointed no matter the outcome.  And to think that I can still remember when this show was fun...

Yeah, I'm the same. I'll see this train wreck through but I won't be happy unless they find a way to make both of the finalists lose.

24 minutes ago, mlp said:

Impressive!  I just spent way more time than I expected to on this site.  It's very well done.  The only thing I didn't find out is what ESO means.  I've been wondering about that all along.  It's a cryin' shame that they ended up in third behind two inferior trucks.  I'm seriously considering ordering a couple things.

I agree their site is well done and am sad and bemused that they ended up being third. I have also been wondering what ESO means!

Edited by jcbrown
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

Social media is the reason why prison girl Senoritas won.   Making people wait over 40 minutes to get their food?   That is so wrong.   This whole season has been a disappointment.

• Love 8

Mahogany looked over Sugar and over the truck in general all episode. Hee.

Now we know why ESO was eliminated third - they would have mopped the floor with MCBWI in the first challenge. Ceviche has to be prepared fresh and eaten immediately to minimize risk of food poisoning, so what does Sugar do? Starts taking orders immediately so ticket times are behind right off the bat, and they have raw fish on top of warm noodles and cheese.

Thank goodness they lost and if the numbers Tyler told Senoreatas were true it wasn't close.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2