Type keyword(s) to search

The Great Food Truck Race - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 8/1/2023 at 7:00 PM, Pietr said:

Serious producer hijinks if they sold over 100 $32 Pink Tacos

sorry, but it was a woman empowerment event of some sort.  ( I forget what exactly)  and the sexual innuendo of "pink taco"  was perfect for the event.  I totally believe that they sold that many

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

sorry, but it was a woman empowerment event of some sort.  ( I forget what exactly)  and the sexual innuendo of "pink taco"  was perfect for the event.  I totally believe that they sold that many

When they announced the final was at a women’s empowerment event, it really cemented that the finale was predetermined in advance.

There is no way the Boston Italian guys, or The Bald Guy were going to a finale that was more a social justice episode than an actual food truck competition. This was obviously planned well in advance, and just makes the season even worse.

Edited by MajorWoody
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2

I haven't watched this for a couple of seasons. I tried again this season and I just couldn't get into it. I stopped like 4 episodes in. I really miss them taking the trucks across the country to different states. I think that food network is in serious financial trouble and the shows have really gone down hill. Every time I try to watch something on here  its always Guy Fierrie (sp) doing everything but cooking. Can he even cook? Sorry for the rant. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, margol29 said:

Every time I try to watch something on here  its always Guy Fierrie (sp) doing everything but cooking. Can he even cook?

Yes, he can. They gave him and stand and stir cooking show when he won Food Network Star. It was a decent show. He's obviously a ratings draw or he wouldn't be on all the time. Not defending him, just noting the reality. The days of FN showing actual cooking mostly disappeared years ago. Now it's all competitions and shows like Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.

• Like 4

Just wanted to shout out a spotting of several Great Food Truck Road Race alumni on the new Netflix docuseries "You Are What You Eat." I literally recognized Pamela and Wendy (from the South African truck Amawele’s) from their bickering and talking over each other, but one of the other sets of twins (it's a twin study) is apparently from Season 7 (Grilled Cheese All Stars)

• Useful 2