Type keyword(s) to search

The Real Housewives Of Potomac

• Start Topic

Genetics is a funny thing.  Both of Robyn's parents may actually have more African DNA than Robyn does.  Both Robyn & Gizelle are products of mixed race people who were deemed "black" and who generationally married each other (also known as no known white ancestor).

Valerie "I Thought The Bitch Was White" Jarrett is another one where the mixed ancestors married/bred with one another but they were all deemed "black" so that's how they identify.

I don't even know why Ashley was smirking at Robyn's DNA results because Ashley's mom's family looks like they were all mixed race people who bred with other mixed race people themselves.

Katie was just pressed that Robyn & Gizelle had the biracial looks & privilege she desired for herself and refused to use them by identifying as "black," not mixed race or biracial (which is why she blasted Robyn claiming to be straight out of Africa when Robyn never said any such thing (season 1).  I wonder with this custody case if Katie's ex-husband or associates gave her a Negro Wake Up Call and that's why she's now on the gram proclaiming to be a proud black woman.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Genetics is a funny thing.  Both of Robyn's parents may actually have more African DNA than Robyn does.  Both Robyn & Gizelle are products of mixed race people who were deemed "black" and who generationally married each other (also known as no known white ancestor).

Valerie "I Thought The Bitch Was White" Jarrett is another one where the mixed ancestors married/bred with one another but they were all deemed "black" so that's how they identify.

I don't even know why Ashley was smirking at Robyn's DNA results because Ashley's mom's family looks like they were all mixed race people who bred with other mixed race people themselves.

Katie was just pressed that Robyn & Gizelle had the biracial looks & privilege she desired for herself and refused to use them by identifying as "black," not mixed race or biracial (which is why she blasted Robyn claiming to be straight out of Africa when Robyn never said any such thing (season 1).  I wonder with this custody case if Katie's ex-husband or associates gave her a Negro Wake Up Call and that's why she's now on the gram proclaiming to be a proud black woman.

It’s so stupid because light skinned African American who intermarried with other light skinned African Americans are nothing new. I think Katie wanted Robyn to acknowledge her light skinned privilege and Robyn, for as dense as she can be, was not stupid enough to do this on camera. 

Before the first season was about to air a lot of tea came up about Katie. It all went to how she can be very phony and was not proud of her black heritage even though her mother is the one who did the most for her (K’s mom is black and her dad is white). Anyone can say anything on the internet and there was no proof so I paid it little mind. 

I think that it probably does bother K that she does not look more “mixed”. I wish that she would get over it and just acknowledge she is very beautiful and has made a good living off her mostly African American good looks. However, I am beginning to suspect that Katie might have some serious emotional or substance abuse problems and hope she gets the help she needs.

Edited by qtpye
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

The issue with Katie/Ashley and Robyn/Gizelle back in season 1 could have been semantics though I sided with Robyn and Gizelle back then and I side with Robyn now. Gizelle and Ashley wanted Robyn and Gizelle to admit that they had some white in them but neither did so because they come from two black parents with no identifiable links to white ancestry. I never took their denial to mean that it was impossible for either of them to have white ancestry, just that neither knew of their white ancestry and both come from black parents and that is what they claim themselves to be.  Robyn's DNA test doesn't disprove what she had said before. I don't know what the rules are, but I wouldn't expect someone to claim to be biracial unless they had one parent of one race and another parent of another race.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I thought that was tacky too, and I detest Karen.  However years of working in civil rights trumps some dumb ass comment made on a reality show.  In fact I forgot what he said to dime store Bo Derek.  I was focused on the plantation.

And what does him being light skinned have to do with anything?  Karen’s light skinned too.

Yes it does trump it, but will people who watch these show remember him for that especially  those who never heard of him. All they will know is Giselle father who made a shady comment in bad taste,  the plantation had a profound effect on all of us naturally, but him as some historical figure from the civil right era did not. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I thought that was tacky too, and I detest Karen.  However years of working in civil rights trumps some dumb ass comment made on a reality show.  In fact I forgot what he said to dime store Bo Derek.  I was focused on the plantation.

And what does him being light skinned have to do with anything?  Karen’s light skinned too.

Giselle father being light-skinned had nothing to do with anything. Except that during that era , I'll bet my bottom dollar those ancestors were house slaves;  A SLAVE IS A SLAVE no matter if you were in the field or the house !  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

It absolutely does.  I think we might be making the same point but in case not, that point was a man who has dedicated his livelihood to service is so much better than being tempted to comment.  It's beneath his dignity, Gizelle's not so much lol.   Anyway, it doesn't wipe out his life's work for me, it's just that he was willing but more importantly, eager to say something personally unflattering to a woman who (again either he watches the show or listens to his daughter) he knows is still grieving the loss of both her parents and who's supposed to be his daughter's friend.  It's not nice, it's not on his level and considering what kind of things have been important to him throughout his life, it's just weird and disappointing.   I don't know, I'm nobody's icon and it would just never occur to me to say something snide to the friend of my child, she ain't my peer. 

Lol, lawd.  We weren't complexion shaming.  We're Karen-thought bubbling all the immediate ways she could've gotten him together.  Honestly, it's not even about his being light skinned, we're talking about the kind of gentleman he brings to mind.  Russell Huxtable, Thurgood Marshall, Adam Clayton Powell, Cab Calloway, hell throw in Ceasar Romero and Fernando Lamas, they're all a specific looking type of dude (smooth ass pretty ricky white haired catdaddies lol).  It ain't always this deep though girl, damn.   

Yezzzzzz!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Absolutely nothing; it was just meant to be funny not relevant

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lol, lawd.  We weren't complexion shaming.  We're Karen-thought bubbling all the immediate ways she could've gotten him together.  Honestly, it's not even about his being light skinned, we're talking about the kind of gentleman he brings to mind.  Russell Huxtable, Thurgood Marshall, Adam Clayton Powell, Cab Calloway, hell throw in Ceasar Romero and Fernando Lamas, they're all a specific looking type of dude (smooth ass pretty ricky white haired catdaddies lol).  It ain't always this deep though girl, damn.  

(Shakes tambourine)

(Looks out wistfully)....Pretty Ricky is what they called him.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
On 6/3/2019 at 6:24 AM, NowVoyager said:

While I am NO fan of Ashley's, I thought Candiace was hitting below the belt talking about her drinking alcohol while trying to conceive. Ashley got her period on the New Orleans trip & her husband was no where around. It was telling that Candiace was the only one who had a problem with it while all the other ladies are actually mothers & thought it was fine. I saw shades of Candiace's mother coming out of her & it was ugly to behold. I hope she will seek out therapy from someone better than Gizelle's bootleg "therapist."

I boo-hoo cried during the trip to the plantation. So many descendants of slaves are left to wonder about the horrors our ancestors endured. To have names & pictures & stories & touch the same earth... it's so rare to have some answers, even though the answers are incredibly painful... The monuments were set up beautifully. Honoring the lost children & giving Voice to the slaves.... 

I giggled when one of the ladies said Gizelle's pops was handsome & he said: "Don't you think I know that?" Lol! Smh. Reminded me of my late father. Folks from Louisiana have a special charm like none other. 😊

I hope people on this forum will be kind to Katie. She's beautiful & fun & wild at times & she's kind--- witness her trying to mediate the fights. I think she has legitimate mental health issues--- no tea, no shade--- & I'm rooting for her to succeed. I hope she can use the platform of this silly show to better herself & shine the light to help others. 

Yeah, Candace was acting just like her mother and needs to shut the fuck up about Ashley's drinking. It is none of her business but is always talking about it because she has no story line other than being too lazy/spoiled to live like an adult. The only thing Michael said about drinking was to avoid shots. I bet this silly girl is the one who's going to bring up the Michael/Juan thing.

Agree to all of your Katie points.

• Love 7

Am I the only one who thought Gizelle’s Dad singled out Karen because she got this weird “you go girl” look when he mentioned that the widow took over the running of the plantation sort of ignoring the fact that she was also a slave owner. His comment came right after that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, byrd said:

Yes it does trump it, but will people who watch these show remember him for that especially  those who never heard of him. All they will know is Giselle father who made a shady comment in bad taste,  the plantation had a profound effect on all of us naturally, but him as some historical figure from the civil right era did not. 

Yes.  Quite frankly, I've already forgotten whatever it was he said to shade Karen, but I was really impressed with watching his history.  And no, I've never heard of him before tonight.

• Love 5

I wonder if Karen didn't want to be on the show this season and was contractually obligated to be on the show.  I'm no Karen fan but I can't imagine losing BOTH parents in a month and having to film this silly reality show.  

I don't know why Gizelle got upset that Karen didn't want to go out with them (unless she was contractually obligated to); Karen is older than the other ladies and maybe she just didn't want to get drunk and stupid.  

IMO the biracial/mixed race/light skinned thing is really a numbers game.  Fifty, sixty years ago there weren't too many people around who identified as "biracial."  Interracial marriages weren't even legal in some states.  People said they were black and that was the end of it.  It made sense because there's safety in numbers and being part of the black community had its benefits.  I had a roommate in college who identified as mixed race (she was white and Asian) and she was bullied someone awful.  So much so that she had to start hanging around with us black girls just to have people to hang out with and accept her.

Today there are more biracial people around, so now those who are mixed race feel safer identifying as such.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Today there are more biracial people around, so now those who are mixed race feel safer identifying as such.  

Right.  Robyn & Gizelle's parents, grandparents, great-grandparents etc. would not have been allowed to claim "biracial."  They would've been branded "Colored" no matter how light in appearance they were (as all black people regardless of complexion were branded as "Colored" until about the 60s or 70s when they were "Negroes" and then later on "Black"). This is how Robyn can say she has no known white ancestors...she doesn't because they were all branded "colored" by the government.

8 hours ago, politichick said:

Yeah, Candace was acting just like her mother and needs to shut the fuck up about Ashley's drinking. It is none of her business but is always talking about it because she has no story line other than being too lazy/spoiled to live like an adult. The only thing Michael said about drinking was to avoid shots. I bet this silly girl is the one who's going to bring up the Michael/Juan thing.

But the problem is Ashley is the one saying "I'm going to cut out drinking by the time I'm 30" and "I'm gonna cut out drinking because I want to get pregnant" and "Don't tell Michael I'm doing shots!"  Ashley made her drinking everybody's business by telling her business. Then Ashley pulls the miscarriage card when she got called out.  Well maybe Monique was drinking last season because she had a miscarriage.  Did Ashley think about that? No.  Ashley was having a good time telling everyone that Monique had a drinking problem.  Ashley's conception plans are none of Candiace's or anyone's business, but neither was

• OMG Robyn & Juan are broke! I heard they only had $25 in the bank!
  • Karen, you said Ray had a dried up old penis!
  • Monique crashed her car and she was drinking like 4 beers before we left, I think she has a problem!

Ashley happily and gleefully spread the word about everyone else, she can't get mad when it gets turned back on her.  The person that should have shut Ashley down about the drinking was Monique but she was probably trying to keep calm for the sake of the baby.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 9
46 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Didn't Monique get a DUI?  Maybe that's more than just "a few beers."

She "gently rolled" into a tree, IIRC.  And claimed she was tired, not overserved.

• LOL 7
5 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Don't tell Michael I'm doing shots!"  Ashley made her drinking everybody's business by telling her business. Then Ashley pulls the miscarriage card when she got called o

Here’s my issue with Candice in regards to Ashley drinking in the moment she actively encouraged to do shots and that it doesn’t matter and than after it’s done she calls her out on it. If a friend had told me that was what she wanted I would at least remind her in the moment and if she said she was fine with it I wouldn’t stop her because she is an adult butthan I wouldn’t throw it back in her face or insist she is harming a not yet conceived child.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Here’s my issue with Candice in regards to Ashley drinking in the moment she actively encouraged to do shots and that it doesn’t matter and than after it’s done she calls her out on it. If a friend had told me that was what she wanted I would at least remind her in the moment and if she said she was fine with it I wouldn’t stop her because she is an adult butthan I wouldn’t throw it back in her face or insist she is harming a not yet conceived child.

Don't get me wrong, Candiace was not right nor were her arguments very cohesive. But just like @drivethroo so thoroughly delineated, Ashley is nobody's friend and has relished the role of throwing things back in all these ladies faces after pretending to be their friends. I'm here for anyone who gives her a taste of her own medicine. Even an Honorary M.D...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, talktoomuch said:

Don't get me wrong, Candiace was not right nor were her arguments very cohesive. But just like @drivethroo so thoroughly delineated, Ashley is nobody's friend and has relished the role of throwing things back in all these ladies faces after pretending to be their friends. I'm here for anyone who gives her a taste of her own medicine. Even an Honorary M.D...

But none of them are. Robyn and Candice keep bringing up Michael’s comments in TH and to each other and not to her to clearly to have blindsided her later either on the show or at the reunion and they are both want to have it both way telling the camera about how they are both are awesome for not telling her even when they know it’s something that is clearly a storyline. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Ashley is the one saying "I'm going to cut out drinking by the time I'm 30" and "I'm gonna cut out drinking because I want to get pregnant" and "Don't tell Michael I'm doing shots!"  Ashley made her drinking everybody's business by telling her business. Then Ashley pulls the miscarriage card when she got called out.  Well maybe Monique was drinking last season because she had a miscarriage.  Did Ashley think about that? No.  Ashley was having a good time telling everyone that Monique had a drinking problem.  Ashley's conception plans are none of Candiace's or anyone's business, but neither was

• OMG Robyn & Juan are broke! I heard they only had $25 in the bank!
  • Karen, you said Ray had a dried up old penis!
  • Monique crashed her car and she was drinking like 4 beers before we left, I think she has a problem!

Ashley happily and gleefully spread the word about everyone else, she can't get mad when it gets turned back on her.  The person that should have shut Ashley down about the drinking was Monique but she was probably trying to keep calm for the sake of the baby.

This to the nth-muhfuckin' degree!  Well said, darlin', well said.

• Love 3

Meant to mention....

Candiace, Ashley and Chris were in a Twitter war on Sunday, I believe; Candiace gave some excellent zingers to Ashley, wish she could do that with her horrible mother.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Meant to mention....

Candiace, Ashley and Chris were in a Twitter war on Sunday, I believe; Candiace gave some excellent zingers to Ashley, wish she could do that with her horrible mother.

1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

I saw that, too, and you're right.  I guess the difference is that drawing Ashley's blood doesn't cost Candiace anything.  Land a blow on Mama and she could find herself homeless.

Lol, Ashley ain’t paying the mortgage on the condo.Imma gonna guess that the show is the first paying job Candiass has had since the hostess gig where she met her current husband. I’m there for her calling out Ashley on her hypocrisy.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I saw that, too, and you're right.  I guess the difference is that drawing Ashley's blood doesn't cost Candiace anything.  Land a blow on Mama and she could find herself homeless.

Ashley is two steps from being homeless herself.  All Ashley has to her name is a Hefty bag of clothes and her Porsche.  Michael threw her out and all she could afford was a basic apartment in Alexandria.  That's why she piped down on bucking up at him and why she was trying to get pregnant.

Mama isn't going to toss Candiace out because they feed on each other.  If Chris2 put his foot down and said "Candiace, we can't live under your mom anymore.  We're moving to a one bedroom apartment in Virginia so we can save up and buy a house," Mama would get nice & sweeten the deal so they would stay.  Mama also not trying to have Candiace live in the small apartment she can afford; she can't brag to her friends or impress herself when Candiace is living in an apartment complex off Route 1 next to the Mexican restaurant that used to be a Pizza Hut. So Candiace & her momma can snipe at each other and dab tears but Candiace is right where she and her mama want her to be.

• LOL 5
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Ashley is two steps from being homeless herself.  All Ashley has to her name is a Hefty bag of clothes and her Porsche.  Michael threw her out and all she could afford was a basic apartment in Alexandria.

I remember in one episode when she was talking shit about either Robyn and Juan or Karen, she said how it was a waste of money to rent. I was thinking, girl, if you hadn't married Michael you'd be a struggling waitress with three roommates. Stop it. She said herself that she doesn't make enough to support herself and it was Michael's money that was supporting her family. And as we know, Michael was very quick to let her know that that was HIS penthouse she was living in; I doubt her name is on the deed. She's probably in a better position now that she's having (had?) his baby; that's child support if she and Michael split again. But her financial position was pretty precarious. Michael was quick to let her know what time it was.

• Love 5
On 5/22/2019 at 9:17 AM, Empress1 said:

Katie seemed drunk or high. She's beautiful but she's weird.

I don't know why, but Katie always looks unwashed to me.  And she needs a stylist in the worst way.  And I agree, she always seems like she's on something.  When she spoke about her current boyfriend it made me feel sad for her.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Episode 6:

"Boundaries, Bayous and Beignets"

The ladies wrap up their time in the Big Easy with some enlightening and frightening experiences; unresolved issues fester between Ashley and Candiace; Karen unleashes her fury on Gizelle and leaves everyone speechless.

Airs June 9, 2019.

(edited)

Ashley and Michael sighting: Sunday morning, walking down a steep hill in the Courthouse/Rosslyn neighborhood in Arlington. She looking like she swallowed a large beach ball, and Michael very attentive.

ETA: public records show both their names as owners of their condo.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Ashley and Michael sighting: Sunday morning, walking down a steep hill in the Courthouse/Rosslyn neighborhood in Arlington. She looking like she swallowed a large beach ball, and Michael very attentive.

ETA: public records show both their names as owners of their condo.

Wait did we know she was pregnant? I somehow missed it! 

I can’t quote you for some reason @biakbiak but i saw that Candiace was at DC Pride. I’m actually surprised Ashley had her shower on Pride weekend. The housewives could have been local “celebs”. 

I’ve met Ashley & I tend to like her & dislike Candiace for being an asshole on Twitter. But I’m 97% sure Michael’s company is associated with the Potomac Yard apartment Ashley lived in while they were separated. So I’m not even sure she could afford that. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I like that these women are dressed appropriately for what they’re doing.  All the women from Atlanta would be wearing prom dresses on the boat and all the women from OC would be half naked.  And, this is coming from someone who has not had surgery to ensure that my hands do not sweat.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

Who was Leah Chase?

She was a chef and personality of great renown, known as the Queen of Creole Cuisine.  She won many awards. The restaurant Gizelle and Candiace were in was a gathering place for Civil Rights activists.

• Love 9
(edited)

I didn't know who Leah Chase was either, but, I've enjoyed the historical/educational aspects of the last two episodes. I've learned a lot.

Watching WWHL and Robin is on.  If you have the opportunity, check out Robin's look.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 4
(edited)

Gizelle is full of shit. She knew exactly what she was doing when she brought up Candiace's comments about Ashley. Gizelle started that birthday night looking like she could barely walk in her shoes and she got off that bus and into the hotel much the same way, lol.

Between Karen and Robyn, there was a lot of tragic hair on this trip.

Damn, I wonder how much of a Freudian slip that was with Ashley mentioning she's ready to get her profits. And on another note, does Ashley have implants?

Candiace has made her point about Ashley (she did so poorly) and she just needs to drop it now. I really hope we aren't going to get the rest of the season rehashing this confrontation.

I've always wanted to go to New Orleans and watching these past couple of episodes is making me itch to book my tickets now.

Monique is a trooper. She participated in all of the festivities to the fullest being that far along - not judging her at all for calling it early near the end of the trip.

Lapdop Robyn can shut up - I can go the entire season without having to hear her say a single word. Stay in the background and shut up...that's all she's good for except when she's trying to convince everyone Juan loves her and anytime Gizelle gets into a confrontation with someone. Robyn has to push her mouth in all the time.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 7

Candy can't sing.  And shut up about Ashley's drinking.  You're not the drinking police.

Karen's is such a PITA.  And those braids? 

I enjoyed most of the trip regarding the sights and seeing Gizzelle's family.

• Love 17

Candiace vs. Ashley

Ashley is a busybody gossip who needed to be called out.  However, the point has been made.  Nothing will change & considering Ashley is dependent on a suspect man with a cold streak for her lifestyle, she might need that daily Corona.

Candiace needs to now worry about how she will afford a lifestyle if her mother decides to pull the plug.

Karen vs. Gizelle

While I think Gizelle was out of line for getting on Karen for not sharing details about La Dame Perfume with her (hey, business is business)...Gizelle had previously told Karen 2 or 3 episodes ago that she did not want to discuss her relationship with Sherman with Karen because Karen was friends with Kyndall.  At that time, Karen accepted that.  So I could see where Gizelle might think Karen was being messy by bringing up Sherman again and she shut that down.  And because Gizelle shut that topic down, Karen could not be messy & bring up the fact Sherman was cheating on Gizelle to embarass her in front of the others. 

However, Gizelle is mutually messy with Karen, by bringing up the Target/La Dame incident up in front of the others.  Both of them need to stop personally victimizing each other and grow up.

Katie & Ashley

The tassel scene.......................................................................................................................................

That was a scene only the two of them could've filmed with each other.  I doubt any of the others would've filmed that scene.

Also, I'd like to find some of those tassels.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Karen Huger's back fat is giving Kyle Richards' a run for its money! I paused when Karen and Candiace had their heads together to compare the turbans. They look exactly the same but the fabric and color differs. I'm still asking 'why?!' though. Really not appreciating Robyn's do this season because it often looks greasy to me. Notice how Robyn is only on time if she's not required to dress up. Like for the gator trip. 

I'm with the voodoo man 'she had SURGERY so her hands don't sweat? !' about Katie. Katie seems medicated or nuts to me. I don't know which. 

Loving New Orleans, a place that I dream of visiting. Loved that they featured Sazerac and Jambalaya and some gratuitous 2nd lining. 

Something was off about Gizelle's ex boyfriend's head. Actually, same with Shermann. The photo of Gizelle's mother back in the day? I could really see the resemblance between them in it as opposed to now. 

Karen Huger's terrible braided wig should be auctioned off. Didn't she ask one of her assistants to braid it before we left for this trip? He wasn't happy about the request and this is the result. Don't ask again, Karen, he's pissed with you! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I've always wanted to go to New Orleans and watching these past couple of episodes is making me itch to book my tickets now.

GO! It's an amazing city. And the beignets at Du Monde, where the women were, are FIRE. Worth every calorie.

5 hours ago, queenjen said:

'she had SURGERY so her hands don't sweat?

I've heard of Botox injections to prevent sweating (I've heard of that being recommended to brides for summer weddings, getting Botox injections in their armpits) but never heard of such a surgery. Is that a thing?

• Love 7
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:07 PM, Empress1 said:

I remember in one episode when she was talking shit about either Robyn and Juan or Karen, she said how it was a waste of money to rent. I was thinking, girl, if you hadn't married Michael you'd be a struggling waitress with three roommates. Stop it. She said herself that she doesn't make enough to support herself and it was Michael's money that was supporting her family. And as we know, Michael was very quick to let her know that that was HIS penthouse she was living in; I doubt her name is on the deed. She's probably in a better position now that she's having (had?) his baby; that's child support if she and Michael split again. But her financial position was pretty precarious. Michael was quick to let her know what time it was.

I wish Ashley the best with her baby and marriage, however I just don't see Michael sticking through this. He does not strike me as someone who wants kids at this stage in his life. I am not an Ashley fan , but I believe she made a mistake thinking he's serious about children. Maybe  she wants a family because she's still young but Michael just wanted arm candy, or a cover girl. 

• Love 2