Type keyword(s) to search

The Real Housewives Of Potomac

• Start Topic

(edited)
15 hours ago, bombast said:

“I have 4 homes”, said Monique 2 years ago upon their 1st meeting.

She got Gizelle’s ass together, quick and complete. That instantly cemented her hate for Monique. And because Gizelle is emotionally invested in disliking the woman who has all she thinks she’s entitled to, there is nothing that Monique can ever do that will quell Gizelle’s bitterness and resentment.

Yes and I love the fact that Monique doesn't give a " Good Got Dam "

Edited by byrd
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, brillia79 said:

Look at how people (Giselle) come for BBG. At least he had some actual success in his lifetime.

Jon B and his duck quesadilla are getting off easy. If he wanted to be financially independent from Candiace’s mom, he’d be paying his own way. He’s getting undeserved cookout invites for doing less than the least.

Come for BBG, and call Big Chris “menacing”.

Ain’t White (sub)mediocrity, R&B lyrical vows and all, in the presence of proported Black excellence, a bitch?

That brown dick must be Exquisite.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:01 AM, RHJunkie said:

At the risk of sounding really superficial, Gizelle needs to rethink her shorts attire. She looked really stalky in those tight shorts and so I googled her height and it says she's 6'. I never thought her to be that tall but when I saw her this episode, I certainly didn't think she was as short as she appeared either. Because she has thicker legs, the fit of the shorts really pulled attention in all of the wrong ways. A looser fit, even at a short length would have looked much better, in my opinion.

Monique looked absolutely stunning at her photoshoot but I find her to be a beautiful woman who has a great sense of style and I love her personality. I feel she's the most genuine of the girls and is willing to call a spade a spade. It's unfortunate that Gizelle is so low key jealous of this woman and her life because I sense that Monique would be a fun friend to have in her corner. 

Candiace is an idiot. She has all of these understandable explanations in her THs about her hard on for Ashley yet she mentions none of them when in confrontation (and holy hell did she go from 0-100 real quick). Ashley shouldn't have brought up the situation yet again but Candiace could have saved herself from some of her foolishness if she off the jump said 'hey, I don't want to minimize what you personally went through with your miscarriage but that's entirely separate from me thinking you and Michael's marriage is a sham which is why I didn't really believe his sorrow at Monique's party, especially after hearing that he wanted to suck someone's d*** at your uncle's party...or maybe that's how your marriage rolls and I'm mistaken'. Felt bad for Chris though. I like him from what I've seen...he looks really committed to his food and I'm glad it was well received...at least they got as far as the appetizers before shit hit the fan. It's a shame that Candiace couldn't have managed her temper on a night that was meant to be for her husband to showcase his talents. Candiace has a lot to say about Ashley and her mother...there's a lot of irony in the fact that she doesn't realize how similar she is to both of them.

Even before the guest arrived Candice appeared to be a bit disheveled and totally unorganized to entertain. She already had a chip on her shoulder when Ashley arrived. I sincerely hope his book will be a success, he should also consider opening his own catering company for intimate parties if he's not already doing that . He can keep it on a smaller scale to cater events with no more than 150 people maximum.  

Edited by byrd
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Robyn, girl, sweetie, angel. You are in year 4 of a reality show in which you only talk about your Schrodinger’s Cat of a marriage. All day, every day you sit in front of a Bravo camera and try to explain how your marriage both exits and does not exist depending on the time of day and how mad your are at Ashley. You know what would have been a good time for some honesty with your kids? ANY FUCKING TIME IN THE LAST 4 YEARS! What the hell? Is she serious with this shit?

Re bolded: I assume word exits was a typo - but it is actually really funny:

Marriage both exits and does not exists..... both revealing that her marriage doesn’t not exist 🤣

I agree with you. 4 years later and Juan still won’t remarry you..... 

• Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Yup. That’s where I’m going with it too. Candice really seems to be trying to draw a map that goes Michael ➡️ Attracted to men ➡️ Nor attracted to Ashley ➡️ Not trying to have a baby ➡️ some reason this is a problem. I honestly don’t get the last part but whatever. Michael and Ashley are gross for many reasons. IMO, the particulars of their sexuality isn’t one of them. 

I still don't get the logic of how sexuality isn't a particular in this case.  How is it homophobic to draw that connection?  There are people that ARE in sham marriages because they are afraid to come out.  Or people that finally come out after years of hiding it in a sham marriage.  Yes, I get that he could actually be bisexual, but if so, does Ashley know this?  Is she okay with an open marriage where he has male sex partners?  Because with the comment and also the groping, he certainly does seem to be pursuing male partners.  They aren't just speculating about his sexuality; he's telegraphing his sexuality.  And since right now, his lecherous ways seem to be only with men, I don't think it's a stretch to wonder if he is truly homosexual.  If he was lecherous with women, they'd be talking about the status of their marriage and whether it is a strong one -- and whether this baby is a marriage-saving baby.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Re bolded: I assume word exits was a typo - but it is actually really funny:

Marriage both exits and does not exists..... both revealing that her marriage doesn’t not exist 🤣

I agree with you. 4 years later and Juan still won’t remarry you..... 

It was😂😂😂

Lol of course Chris doesn’t want to move out of the house. It looks very nice and I don’t believe they are paying any of the mortgage. So he is living rent free in a nice big house. He seems nice on tv but you can still be a bum and be nice. He has 3 baby mamas and is banking on a cookbook to make him rich when he should probably just try to live within his means. His food did look delish tho.

• Love 9

Forgot to add that I had a real good chuckle when Candiace was all, "I just needed a break, to not do anything, and sleep in."  A break from what?!?  Not having a job or paying any bills??

whitney houston GIF

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Marley said:

Lol of course Chris doesn’t want to move out of the house. It looks very nice and I don’t believe they are paying any of the mortgage. So he is living rent free in a nice big house

It’s not a house it’s a condo the exterior is of multiple units. Candice said to her mom that they were paying part of the mortgage her mother didn’t dispute it but said previously before Chris she had lived there for years without paying. Her mom lives in Atlanta so it’s not her residence but she stays when she visits. It seems like she bought the house for Candiace to use so this entire thing seems to be a way of controlling her that C both benefits from but also resents.

I wonder if any of C’s mom’s patients watch this show. I know many therapists have fucked up lives, sort of a physician heal thyself thing but seeing it actually play out on tv would make me not be able to go to her.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 14
52 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It’s not a house it’s a condo the exterior is of multiple units. Candice said to her mom that they were paying part of the mortgage her mother didn’t dispute it but said previously before Chris she had lived there for years without paying. Her mom lives in Atlanta so it’s not her residence but she stays when she visits. It seems like she bought the house for Candiace to use so this entire thing seems to be a way of controlling her that C both benefits from but also resents.

I wonder if any of C’s mom’s patients watch this show. I know many therapists have fucked up lives, sort of a physician heal thyself thing but seeing it actually play out on tv would make me not be able to go to her.

Right? I mean, now we add hitting her daughter with a purse in addition to holding an unhealthy grudge against her husband's child fathered out of an affair?

• Love 12

I remember the mom started saying candiace doesn’t pay and then she slammed the computer shut. Maybe they are paying something but I doubt it’s 2/3. Whether it’s a condo or house it’s still nice.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, RedHawk said:

It takes two, and Candiace’s mother is a licensed professional therapist so I really side-eye the mother in all this. Seems like some sort of codependency going on between mother and daughter with the mother fostering it maybe from Candiace’s early childhood. 

I don’t even understand the situation with that condo anyway. Apparently both C and her mother purchased it so both names are on the mortgage, right? And wasn’t there something about the mama has her own home somewhere and is only supposed to be at the shared condo once in a while, as in, Chris and Candiace should have it mostly to themselves?

I’d say it has gone up in value quite a lot, especially since Amazon announced they are putting their second HQ in Crystal City, which is just across the river, and property prices have shot up. It’s been a good investment and if C and her mother could calm this shit down, in a couple of years they can sell it for a very good profit and go their own ways.

It does take two and I agree they've had this weird dynamic for her entire life.  But at this point, Candiace is aware of the fact that it's not normal, she doesn't live with her mother (well, most of the time), she's in another state, married, and even has the benefit of seeing how it plays out on tv.  I think everyone has some crap that they have that follows them around in their lives, obviously some more than others, and at some point we have to say, listen this is just not working well for me.  For Candiace, the relationship with her mother isn't working because she feels like her mother is controlling and every time she tries to push back, her mother holds the house, the wedding, whatever she's paying for over her head.  The answer, then, would be to remove the control she has from her, because then she could say, I get that you feel that way, but this is what I'm doing.  If mom isn't paying the mortgage, she can't threaten to foreclose on you.  She can be mad, but she doesn't have any actual power.  This is where Candiace needs to step up and say, ok, I'll deal with whatever changes it requires, even if it's a loss of lifestyle/equity/etc.

6 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Because it's her mother and it's very likely that she is the reason that her mother's finances are intertwined with theirs to begin with. I don't see any evidence of Candiace living in that home or taking money from her mother in order to provide for Chris' wants.  Candiace is taking her mother's money because it appeases the lavish lifestyle that Candiace wants to live.

There's nothing wrong with the three of them sharing a mortgage and home. Many people have multi-family homes to lessen the burden of housing costs. I'm not judging either Candiace and Chris if living with her mother works best for them but it's clear that the situation doesn't work for Candiace because while she wants her mother's money, she doesn't want her presence and that's not on Chris, that's on Candiace.

This is what I was trying to say. Candiace was clear when she came on the show that her mother paid for EVERYTHING.  She paid for her pageants, she paid for her business.  She paid for a portion of the mortgage.  She said that she'd been paying all of her bills up til now, and she was going to pay for the wedding and she basically didn't see any reason why it should stop.  It was like "teehee, I'm so cute, I'm a pretty pretty princess!" and it was just a given that everyone would make sure Candiace gets what she wants, no matter the cost.  

• Love 12
7 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Washington Post says Ashley is developing a line of athleisure, and that their baby is a boy (which may have already been shared).

There must be a number of companies that just look for someone with a teeny bit of fame to slap their name on their product so they can have a "business."  How many of these reality stars have some sort of fashion line that goes nowhere.  Along with the many skin care lines, cosmetics, alcoholic drinks...I can't tell whether these idiots are being paid to license their name or whether they pay them some money to have a product they can talk about during the show. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Marley said:

I remember the mom started saying candiace doesn’t pay and then she slammed the computer shut. Maybe they are paying something but I doubt it’s 2/3. Whether it’s a condo or house it’s still nice.

She said the 2/3 thing and her mother didn’t object than they argued about something else than her mother came back to the fact that she had lived there for 5 years in the past without paying and than she slammed the computer shut. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She said the 2/3 thing and her mother didn’t object than they argued about something else than her mother came back to the fact that she had lived there for 5 years in the past without paying and than she slammed the computer shut. 

I’m guessing brown dick and Candiass were never paying shit until a Bravo paycheck was in the picture.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Robyn, girl, sweetie, angel. You are in year 4 of a reality show in which you only talk about your Schrodinger’s Cat of a marriage. All day, every day you sit in front of a Bravo camera and try to explain how your marriage both exists and does not exists depending on the time of day and how mad your are at Ashley. You know what would have been a good time for some honesty with your kids? ANY FUCKING TIME IN THE LAST 4 YEARS! What the hell? Is she serious with this shit? 

@FozzyBear I bow down to the beauty that is your use of Schrodinger's Cat to describe Robyn and Juan's "marriage." The perfect mix of super smart and super shady. You are a god(dess).

• Love 13
19 hours ago, byrd said:

Even before the guest arrived Candice appeared to be a bit disheveled and totally unorganized to entertain. She already had a chip on her shoulder when Ashley arrived. I sincerely hope his book will be a success, he should also consider opening his own catering company for intimate parties if he's not already doing that . He can keep it on a smaller scale to cater events with no more than 150 people maximum.  

Catering would be great for him because he has a platform to promote a catering business in a way that can certainly generate high demand if done right. He can start small and then even invest in his own catering kitchen where he can take larger orders. The women seemed genuine in their feedback on his food and it was presented really well.

• Love 15

Candace's home is a condo, one of multiple units in that building. One of the units is currently for sale, and I was surprised at the low price.

Catering and restaurants in the DC area are extremely competitive, with a few long-established big companies getting most of the catering work. Even with his exposure from the show, Chris (or anyone) would struggle to make catering a going concern. I doubt his cookbook will do much - he's not a Teresa G.

I too have wondered whether Candace's mother still has an active practice, and whether IT is a going concern. Surely her behavior would damage her professional reputation.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Candace's home is a condo, one of multiple units in that building. One of the units is currently for sale, and I was surprised at the low price.

Catering and restaurants in the DC area are extremely competitive, with a few long-established big companies getting most of the catering work. Even with his exposure from the show, Chris (or anyone) would struggle to make catering a going concern. I doubt his cookbook will do much - he's not a Teresa G.

I too have wondered whether Candace's mother still has an active practice, and whether IT is a going concern. Surely her behavior would damage her professional reputation.

Thanks for the info. I thought the whole DC market was fire and that a small condo could cost a fortune. Could you post a link to the listing? I am pretty curious about what building she lives in.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

@FozzyBear I bow down to the beauty that is your use of Schrodinger's Cat to describe Robyn and Juan's "marriage." The perfect mix of super smart and super shady. You are a god(dess).

The Schrödinger’s cat comparison was epic. I bow to you Fozzy.

• Love 3

We know Gizelle doesn't give compliments just because so if she was getting holy over the food, I'm inclined to think Chris's food really is that good. I love a man that can cook. My dad is a fantastic cook and he learned from his dad. Cooking/food is my dad's and my thing.

2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Candiace's mother could not tell me a muh'fuckin' thing. You're out here clocking your adult daughter with your purse AT A WEDDING and you want to tell me how to be my best self? Nah.

• LOL 9
  • Love 12
On 7/4/2019 at 8:39 AM, qtpye said:

Thanks for the info. I thought the whole DC market was fire and that a small condo could cost a fortune. Could you post a link to the listing? I am pretty curious about what building she lives in.

I don’t think they are in DC though. I’m pretty sure that’s Fort Washington or Oxon Hill/National Harbor in PG County. A condo there would be significantly less than in DC (still pricey compared to many other areas of the country).

• Love 1
On 7/3/2019 at 10:58 AM, Vixenstud said:

thicknin' maybe but not bad.

giphy.gif

On 7/3/2019 at 10:52 AM, FozzyBear said:

Robyn, girl, sweetie, angel. You are in year 4 of a reality show in which you only talk about your Schrodinger’s Cat of a marriage. All day, every day you sit in front of a Bravo camera and try to explain how your marriage both exists and does not exists depending on the time of day and how mad your are at Ashley.

This may be the best thing I've read on the internet ever.

• Love 5