Type keyword(s) to search

The Real Housewives Of Potomac

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, byrd said:

I wish Ashley the best with her baby and marriage, however I just don't see Michael sticking through this. He does not strike me as someone who wants kids at this stage in his life. I am not an Ashley fan , but I believe she made a mistake thinking he's serious about children. Maybe  she wants a family because she's still young but Michael just wanted arm candy, or a cover girl. Also maybe this is her plan because she will be tied to him for life through the child married or not, there will be financial support coming in.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Watching WWHL and Robin is on.  If you have the opportunity, check out Robin's look.

Beaky Buzzard looked beautiful....shame she always goes back to the ramen haired look.

10 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Candiace vs. Ashley

Ashley is a busybody gossip who needed to be called out.  However, the point has been made. 

I did love it when Candiace apologized for how she came at Ashley and not what she said to her.  

Old light-skinned Uncle Ben was having a great time at his 80th, wasn't he?  And did someone mention peach cobbler?  (drools)

11 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Karen vs. Gizelle

While I think Gizelle was out of line for getting on Karen for not sharing details about La Dame Perfume with her (hey, business is business)...Gizelle had previously told Karen 2 or 3 episodes ago that she did not want to discuss her relationship with Sherman with Karen because Karen was friends with Kyndall.  At that time, Karen accepted that.  So I could see where Gizelle might think Karen was being messy by bringing up Sherman again and she shut that down.  And because Gizelle shut that topic down, Karen could not be messy & bring up the fact Sherman was cheating on Gizelle to embarass her in front of the others. 

However, Gizelle is mutually messy with Karen, by bringing up the Target/La Dame incident up in front of the others.

And why I felt nothing for Gizzard....like Ashley, the pot stirring spoon hurts when she gets tapped on the ass, don't it?

11 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Lapdop Robyn can shut up - I can go the entire season without having to hear her say a single word. Stay in the background and shut up...that's all she's good for except when she's trying to convince everyone Juan loves her and anytime Gizelle gets into a confrontation with someone.

I found it funny that Beaky had the balls to tell Karen how unnecessary it was to make her point to Gizzard without cursing....wasn't it you that used to cuss Ashley out whenever she'd discuss your finances?  And didn't you have potty mouth at Katie when she questioned your blackness?  TFOHWTS.

TMI question....how is it that slim Ashley gets 'coochie sweat', as she put it, on the chair?  

• Love 6

It is not easy watching your worse behaviors on display by someone else; Gizelle recognizes herself in Karen and Ashley sees herself in Candiace.

Gizelle inserts herself in things that are hurtful and pours salt in wounds and Ashley is forever yelping and giving her opinion where it is unwelcome. 

It's a shame that a mirror will only show Gizelle and Ashley how pretty they are but not reflect their character.

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Gizelle inserts herself in things that are hurtful

When Gizelle said if she'd known her bringing up Candiace's comment about Ashley not being serious about trying to conceive would cause a fight, she wouldn't have done it, I thought "Bullshit." She knew it would; that's why she did it. Whether it was producer-induced or just her own need to start shit, she brought it up entirely to start shit.

• Love 15
On 6/6/2019 at 10:36 PM, swankie said:

I don't know why, but Katie always looks unwashed to me.  And she needs a stylist in the worst way.  And I agree, she always seems like she's on something.  When she spoke about her current boyfriend it made me feel sad for her.  

Sad, indeed. What is going on with her? When she was on the show the first season she was a lil' flaky but alway looked so beautiful and put together. Watching her last night plopping on that cheap, ratty dollar store wig on her head was disturbing. Now she is a broke, unraveled mess. 

• Love 9

Was it just me or did anyone else notice how disgusted Gizelle's family members was looking at the cast during her father's Birthday party.  Everytime they  attemped to film some of the guest they turned away.. When Ashley and Candance were getting heated, they looked at them with total disgust. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Gizelle's family is probably Our Kind Of People (Robyn's might be, too) and they weren't trying to be associated with the Whoo Chile The Ghetto antics of Ashley and Candiace.

Most of Gizelle's family members that showed looked to be on the older side and they aren't trying to be getting involved with riff raff.

Edited by drivethroo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11

I've been to Dooky Chase's in New Orleans years ago and actually got to meet Leah! She just randomly came out to our table and was VERY sweet and had such a soothing energy about her. The food was BANGING. All the servers (that I remember lol) were fine ass men who aimed to please. As a matter of fact N.O. seemed to be chock full of fine gentlemen. 

Anyway, Candy Ass wishes she had the balls to get with her mama the way she's trying to get with Ashley. 

The amount of makeup some these girls wear is mind blowing. I know you're on TV but damn. 

I wanted to enjoy Gizelles daddy and his dance moves but his tacky faux pas last week is still lingering for me. I'm sure it was hard for Karen being there especially soon after losing her own parents. 

Katie's wig has taken on a life of its own. She actually looked better in her would be steam boat get up taking a nap. 

Robin is both pointless and useless

• Love 15
18 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Gizelle's family is probably Our Kind Of People (Robyn's might be, too) and they weren't trying to be associated with the Whoo Chile The Ghetto antics of Ashley and Candiace.

Most of Gizelle's family members that showed looked to be on the older side and they aren't trying to be getting involved with riff raff.

Gizelle's extended family is definitely our kind of people. Robyn's is our kind of people adjacent.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Right and probably looks down on the reality show crap anyway, it's beneath them. Hell it's beneath me !!  But yet I watch ...

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Gizelle's extended family is definitely our kind of people. Robyn's is our kind of people adjacent.

Great I'm so happy someone else noticed. Years ago I read a book by author Lawrence Graham called OUR KIND OF PEOPLE.  Gizelle's family seem to fit the bill in every way .  ( I wish Mr. Graham would turn this book into a movie ) If you haven't read it, it focuses on Debutant cotillions, million dollar homes, summers in Martha Vineyards memberships in the Links, Jack & Jill, Boule, Deltas and AKA's ..Obsession with the right schools, social clubs and skin complexion. The world of Black Upper Class.  It still exist today .  These Black people live in a world that is exclusively their own. 

Edited by byrd
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:16 AM, Vixenstud said:

Beaky Buzzard looked beautiful....shame she always goes back to the ramen haired look.

I did love it when Candiace apologized for how she came at Ashley and not what she said to her.  

Old light-skinned Uncle Ben was having a great time at his 80th, wasn't he?  And did someone mention peach cobbler?  (drools)

And why I felt nothing for Gizzard....like Ashley, the pot stirring spoon hurts when she gets tapped on the ass, don't it?

I found it funny that Beaky had the balls to tell Karen how unnecessary it was to make her point to Gizzard without cursing....wasn't it you that used to cuss Ashley out whenever she'd discuss your finances?  And didn't you have potty mouth at Katie when she questioned your blackness?  TFOHWTS.

TMI question....how is it that slim Ashley gets 'coochie sweat', as she put it, on the chair?  

The scene with Juan on the phone was downright embarrassing. He Tried it ? Acting as if he didn't hear her. He heard her loud and clear.

• Love 1

When Gizzard's family members were in NO all I could think of was Redd Foxx in Sanford and Son....he ate some eight day old collard greens and the doctor was white but Fred thought he was black and 'tryin' to pass'.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

When Gizzard's family members were in NO all I could think of was Redd Foxx in Sanford and Son....he ate some eight day old collard greens and the doctor was white but Fred thought he was black and 'tryin' to pass'.

I remember that episode.. Lol !!!

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:16 AM, Vixenstud said:

Karen took that opportunity to try and get back at Gizelle, It's the one thing she knows that will set her off.  I wouldn't want to talk about Sherman either if he made a fool out of me twice.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I noticed the disapproving looks, too, and would have been right there with them. Ashley and Candace were getting loud and it was so inappropriate.

• Love 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, politichick said:

I noticed the disapproving looks, too, and would have been right there with them. Ashley and Candace were getting loud and it was so inappropriate.

Yes and one would think they would be more conscience of  where they are and have enough common sense not to ruin the party with the BS.. but none of the women on these shows have that gene.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I've been to Dooky Chase's in New Orleans years ago and actually got to meet Leah! She just randomly came out to our table and was VERY sweet and had such a soothing energy about her. The food was BANGING. All the servers (that I remember lol) were fine ass men who aimed to please. As a matter of fact N.O. seemed to be chock full of fine gentlemen. 

Anyway, Candy Ass wishes she had the balls to get with her mama the way she's trying to get with Ashley. 

The amount of makeup some these girls wear is mind blowing. I know you're on TV but damn. 

I wanted to enjoy Gizelles daddy and his dance moves but his tacky faux pas last week is still lingering for me. I'm sure it was hard for Karen being there especially soon after losing her own parents. 

Katie's wig has taken on a life of its own. She actually looked better in her would be steam boat get up taking a nap. 

Robin is both pointless and useless

Katie situation comes across as desperate. She is still trying to land a husband or a man to support her financially. This " youngum" she's living with , interested to see how that works out for her. The first season all I can remember of her is that she was desperately trying to get her current lover to marry her.

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:42 PM, Empress1 said:

When Gizelle said if she'd known her bringing up Candiace's comment about Ashley not being serious about trying to conceive would cause a fight, she wouldn't have done it, I thought "Bullshit." She knew it would; that's why she did it. Whether it was producer-induced or just her own need to start shit, she brought it up entirely to start shit.

That's what Gizelle does best:  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, byrd said:

Right and probably looks down on the reality show crap anyway, it's beneath them. Hell it's beneath me !!  But yet I watch ...

Or they could have just got fed up with Gizzard and her crap years ago.  She probably has alienated most of her family with her haughty.   

All of those turbans remind me of my chemotherapy patients who where them because they have no hair.

• Love 5
(edited)
21 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

What did he do last week again? (see to me it wasn't important).

I don't think Karen should have been on the show this season, maybe as "a friend of."  I can't imagine what she must have been going through.  BUT, why did Karen think it was right to ask Gizelle about Sherman when Gizelle couldn't ask Karen about her perfume business?

Besides, who could take Karen seriously with those snakes on her head. AND a real "Grande Dame" doesn't curse like a drunken sailor.

What was that thing on top of Katie's head?

All of those turbans remind me of my chemotherapy patients who where them because they have no hair.

Turbans existed long before chemotherapy.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, howiveaddict said:

Or they could have just got fed up with Gizzard and her crap years ago.  She probably has alienated most of her family with her haughty. 

Haughty ain't the problem with Our Kind of People. It's bred in like the light skin. Famewhoreness...on the other hand...is not.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
On 6/10/2019 at 6:23 AM, Empress1 said:

GO! It's an amazing city. And the beignets at Du Monde, where the women were, are FIRE. Worth every calorie.

Seconded.  The cafe au lait is to die for too.

Monique was a trooper!  It looked really hot, lots of walking and not drinking in NEW ORLEANS while everyone else was.  I don’t think I would have been much fun in those shoes. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

What did he do last week again? (see to me it wasn't important)

Just a wild guess.... this is a rhetorical question? I'm not shocked that some things are memorable to some and not others. Such is life. 

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

There was a bit of a weird d vibe. If they are “Our type of people” they might be embarrassed as hell that one of their own was on a reality show. Of course if this were the case...why did they show up to party which they knew was being filmed? Maybe they wanted to honor G’s daddy and had no choice?

I loved New Orleans and besides the fight at the party, the ladies actually did not embarrass themselves too much. The Potomac crew looked adorable jamming out to the Jazz Band with their tiny little parasols. Monique really was a trooper. I bet her baby is going to be as cute as her little daughter, boy or girl.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Why did Karen think it was right to ask Gizelle about Sherman when Gizelle couldn't ask Karen about her perfume business?

Excellent question and one I asked aloud when she did it.  After all, she still has her walls up (and rightly so) regarding Gizzard’s true intentions regarding their friendship….IMO until she did right by me, I wouldn’t give a bluedilly fuck about Sherman/Mr. Peabody or whoever else she was dating.

As for her ‘drunken sailor’ mouth, please….I think I could make Leah Remini blush with half of the stuff I say on a daily basis yet I still keep it classy.

• LOL 1
On 6/6/2019 at 10:36 PM, swankie said:

I don't know why, but Katie always looks unwashed to me.  And she needs a stylist in the worst way.  And I agree, she always seems like she's on something.  When she spoke about her current boyfriend it made me feel sad for her.  

I’m not sure why she’s even back....she adds nothing.

• Love 4

Don't get me started with Sanford and Sons episodes. One of my fave shows of all time. 

20 hours ago, byrd said:

Great I'm so happy someone else noticed. Years ago I read a book by author Lawrence Graham called OUR KIND OF PEOPLE.  Gizelle's family seem to fit the bill in every way .  ( I wish Mr. Graham would turn this book into a movie ) If you haven't read it, it focuses on Debutant cotillions, million dollar homes, summers in Martha Vineyards memberships in the Links, Jack & Jill, Boule, Deltas and AKA's ..Obsession with the right schools, social clubs and skin complexion. The world of Black Upper Class.  It still exist today .  These Black people live in a world that is exclusively their own. 

I remember when he was making the talkshow circuit. Very interesting stuff. Very apt analogy with this book and Gizelle's family. I did start wondering if Gizelle's family gave her flack for marrying a dark skin man. 

Still can't find a lick of sympathy for Ashley. 

I wish Ashley the best with her baby and marriage, however I just don't see Michael sticking through this. He does not strike me as someone who wants kids at this stage in his life. 

You know post birth, we are headed straight for the Michael isn't a hands on father and I feel like a single mother bullshit. I ain't gonna wanna hear it. He been told you.

I can't really stand Ashley but she has a great body (albeit she can appear a bit boxy at times) and great skin. Her tittays are sitting! 

People go on and on about Robyn's looks but I think Monique is so freaking gorgeous and I think she is one of the prettiest housewives across all the franchises. Gorgeous, gorgeous glowing flawless skin, beautiful face and fit trim figure. Great legs too.  

• Love 12

Sometimes Beaky Buzzard can look well put together, as evidenced by her recent appearance on WWHL....however, outside of her eyes I don't find her too attractive.

Ashley does have a booming body and great tits....I was so jealous when she had on the tassels, those puppies were sag free!

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I remember when he was making the talkshow circuit. Very interesting stuff. Very apt analogy with this book and Gizelle's family. I did start wondering if Gizelle's family gave her flack for marrying a dark skin man. 

No flack for a dark skinned man who comes from either the right family, or has the right job and the right connects. Plenty of flack if he was Roc or Fred Sanford. 

• Love 2

Monique being very pregnant and very uncomfortable and really only abandoning ship once during NO was pretty impressive.

I would've been bailing left and right if I was that pregnant.

I actually would've been bailing left and right if I was that sober..........

• LOL 7
  • Love 14

Ah, New Orleans….forgot to mention how much fun I had there!  Been twice, once with two aunts and the other with a former friend.

With my aunts, I remember it being balmy as fuck and us walking around a lot.  But the trip with the former friend?  What a blast!  First of all, the friend was gay so we spent a lot of time in the gay friendly section of NO….it was there that I got so drunk and literally tongue tied that, after taking the cab home, I had to crawl up the steps to my bed.  Meanwhile, my friend is out getting a red ball shoved in his mouth….but I digress.

Anyway, nice place to visit.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, bosawks said:

Monique being very pregnant and very uncomfortable and really only abandoning ship once during NO was pretty impressive.

I would've been bailing left and right if I was that pregnant.

I actually would've been bailing left and right if I was that sober..........

Happy Monique is listening to her body and her husband.. Glad she took a rest ..

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:41 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Just a wild guess.... this is a rhetorical question? I'm not shocked that some things are memorable to some and not others. Such is life. 

exactly , that's life, people remember the trash..

• Love 1
On 6/12/2019 at 9:10 AM, qtpye said:

If they are “Our type of people” they might be embarrassed as hell that one of their own was on a reality show

The older ones, probably.  The younger ones are just as fame hungry as the non-OKOP...I believe Brie from Blood Sweat and Heels was OKOP.

On 6/12/2019 at 12:03 PM, Rlb8031 said:

No flack for a dark skinned man who comes from either the right family, or has the right job and the right connects. Plenty of flack if he was Roc or Fred Sanford. 

Jamal had his own church, so Gizelle had some status as First Lady of the Church, and wasn't Jamal's daddy head of the AME church or a big higher up in the church?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

The older ones, probably.  The younger ones are just as fame hungry as the non-OKOP...I believe Brie from Blood Sweat and Heels was OKOP.

Jamal had his own church, so Gizelle had some status as First Lady of the Church, and wasn't Jamal's daddy head of the AME church or a big higher up in the church?

In other words, Jamal had money and Jamal’s daddy had money. This would help lessen the supposed horrors of his darker than a paper bag skin skin tone.

• Love 3

Episode 7:

"Salty Behavior"

Monique celebrates her rainbow pregnancy, but her mother-in-law presents new challenges; Candiace reveals to Gizelle that Monique called Katie a name; Ashley and Karen share a spiritual moment, but the presence of a visitor brings Karen to tears.

Airs June 16, 2019.

• Love 1
On 6/10/2019 at 4:23 AM, Empress1 said:

I've heard of Botox injections to prevent sweating (I've heard of that being recommended to brides for summer weddings, getting Botox injections in their armpits) but never heard of such a surgery. Is that a thing?

It is. It's for people with hyperhydrosis (extensive chronic sweating), which I have had in my hands and feet since I was a teenager. I can understand how it might seem silly to people who have never had the condition, but when you have a job where you are regularly shaking hands with colleagues and clients, it can be very embarrassing. The looks people give after shaking your hand that is drenched in sweat...I always feel bad. But it would look even weirder, and even be considered rude, to refuse a handshake, because no one would know why...and who wants to explain that situation to everyone you encounter? That would be even more awkward to have to talk about such a weird/random topic when first meeting somebody. It can be very shameful, and it can hinder all different kinds of social interaction. Not to mention making many things in daily life a pain in the ass, and some things even impossible to do, when the palms of your hands are completely drenched with sweat 100% of the time. Things most people wouldn't think about...like, try fixing your hair with wet hands, or opening a jar, or petting a dog or cat, holding a pen to write...so many things are not a pleasant experience when your hands are wet.

The surgery entails clamping off the sweat glands so your body doesn't produce sweat in that specific area. I believe Whitney Houston had hyperhydrosis, as she often had a cloth with her to wipe the excessive dripping sweat off of her face when performing on stage. I'm lucky I don't have it on my face...just my hands and feet.

• Useful 12
  • Love 4
On 6/10/2019 at 4:59 PM, brillia79 said:

Does Candiace have to sing Every. Fucking. Episode?

Please make it stop!

For real! I think she's fishing for compliments. Wanting people to say "Oh, you're such a good singer." It's annoying as hell. 

• Love 7

Karen Huger cannot stop making everything about herself. I get that she is mourning the loss of her parents, but Monique’s rainbow baby party is not the time or place to bring it up and neither was every other place and scene this episode.  Enough. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, bosawks said:

If my father was communicating from the grave he wouldn’t be saying, “You got this.”

More like, “Get the fuck off this show!”

Yeah.  Mine, too.  He’d be yelling “I leave you alone and look at the shit you got yourself into.”

I googled the Salt Cave in Bethesda to see how much it cost for that and I was surprised that it’s only $35 a session.  For some reason, I thought something that new agey would be more. A lot more.

I’m glad that by the previews, they are going to eventually address the Michael issue.

• Love 3